Post Reply 23 posts Page 1 of 1
How about just an ounce of fucking transparency?
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

How about just an ounce of fucking transparency?

by PotatoPotahto » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:06 pm

Andy, Staff members. You have less than 6 days to get your shit together.

If you want people to be able to actually use the payment plan with YOUR stated cutoff date of SEPTEMBER 25TH, then within the next ~140 hours, you have to:
    Probably make a soon post, probably make a forum post, announce at least one band, open booking to golds, open booking to silvers, open booking to public, and finally close the payment plan.

You've got long-time survivors, you've got newbies, you've got die-hard 70k fans who are dropping like flies and cancelling by the boat load, everyone is pissed off, fuck what I said earlier this is WELL beyond "Haha Andy and his antics what're we gonna do *shrug*"

It'd be fine to open booking without bands, you'd get plenty of people hopping on board without minding, but as of right now you've got a couple thousand people left completely in the dark in regards to every detail about this whole event. I don't know prices, I don't know cabins, I don't know any bands, I don't know the new logo which is the least important part, but here's the most important:

Despite constant reassurances from the social media team and email/phone support, nobody even knows 100% if the boat is happening anymore. Everyone is convinced the payment plan is no longer an option, or at least has to be moved or altered, the wait has been directly linked to MANY long time survivors dropping out.

So, what's the deal? What's the hold up? I don't care if bands come immediately, all I want is to secure a spot on board and to be told "Sorry, [x shit] has occurred which resulted in a longer than anticipated wait" or even "Sorry, due to events beyond our control the payment plan has to be altered to [x] instead of the [y] we've previously established."

Seriously just give us SOMETHING to work with.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: How about just an ounce of fucking transparency?

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:53 pm

Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:50 pm

This. 100% This. This is fucking ridiculous at this point. We're not asking for all the bands, all the info, we're asking for ANYTHING. ANY. THING. AT. ALL. I love this boat, I love my boat family, but with not one single ounce of info outside of the copy-paste responses on the forums or email, how can any of us have any confidence at this point that some serious problem hasn't thrown a wrench in the entire thing? If that's not the case then JUST TELL US PLEASE. It would take literally one sentence to dispel all the rumors and stop destroying morale and goodwill among survivors.
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Check out the 5 months thread.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:50 am

I posted a similar thing on FB last year. I got a reply that basically said "Thanks for your input. We know the wait is long but it is all worth it. Hang in there".

I have no idea how any company can have such a bad communication strategy. If your customers are getting angry du to your lack of communication that IS bad.

Please UMC get a sense of reality. Every other festival does give regular meaningful updates. Prices, how to get tickets... dare I say it? some crazy organizers even announce bands before the festival starts.

have a look around you! People want to be on board, but you are making it impossible for your potential customers to buy your product!

You need to let us know what your general plan is.
  • bbqmonster
    Wiper

by bbqmonster » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:28 am

It is sad knowing that a lot of people are not even going now because of the lack of communication that is transpiring. Yes, we go for the atmosphere and the music. However, sometimes 70k is the only time we can all get together with our friends from all over.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:35 am

I am really starting to get worried now. How fucking hard is it to post something on social media saying "hang on, guys, we're almost there?" All we got is radio silence and a LOT of speculation around. And yes, even some survivors are throwing in the towel for Round X.

What a fucking mess
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Kiiku
    Wiper

by Kiiku » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:53 am

They really have no respect whatsoever towards paying customers. Last year we had a group of 16, this year most of them have already gotten tired of waiting UMC to inform even the dates for sales. If this would be the only reason to come to US, I would have skipped this long time ago but as I need to attend another event which coincides well with the cruise dates, i'm still waiting few days to see whether I book my flights to Florida or whether i go straight to California. But as I said in previous post, this looks to be last cruise for me...
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:02 pm

We're all just sitting back waiting and wondering and waiting and wondering. Maybe it's A Flums thing.
    No hurry!
    No rush!
    Like this guy -
    https://www.google.com.au/maps/@47.0936 ... 6656?hl=en

:D

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Amalu wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:50 am
    I have no idea how any company can have such a bad communication strategy. If your customers are getting angry du to your lack of communication that IS bad.
    And if it sells out in the end it doesn't matter. Why would they worry?

Short of writing 365 different messages on the banner saying "the cruise is still happening", I don't know what else they can do than to run successfully 9 years and tell us when the next one is...
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:14 pm

alex_canada wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Short of writing 365 different messages on the banner saying "the cruise is still happening", I don't know what else they can do than to run successfully 9 years and tell us when the next one is...
    Oh, I dunno. They could, y'know, announce a few bands that would be performing on the cruise. They could set a firm date for first-bookings and even -- be still my beating heart! -- post the 2020 prices so we could have a fucking clue how much money to lay aside.

As it is, they are the music-charter cruise industry's undisputed leaders in seeming incompetence and poor customer relations. What an awesome reputation to have!
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:25 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:14 pm
    alex_canada wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Oh, I dunno. They could, y'know, announce a few bands that would be performing on the cruise. They could set a firm date for first-bookings and even -- be still my beating heart! -- post the 2020 prices so we could have a fucking clue how much money to lay aside.

As it is, they are the music-charter cruise industry's undisputed leaders in seeming incompetence and poor customer relations. What an awesome reputation to have!
    By god they could even explain the reason for the delay or tell us that they're having issues with [x] aspect this year or fucks sake even apologize for clearly fucking over dozens if not more people.

The point of me making this thread wasn't even about "Gimme bands!" or "gimme codes!" or "gimme prices!" it was "Please for the love of fuck explain to me what is causing this delay so that my anxiety doesn't skyrocket any more than it already is."

All I give a shit about right now is getting a spot on the boat. and if they could provide a reasonable excuse as to why the fuck I can not as of yet do so, I'd be happy.

But they're not, because their PR is trash, and Andy is starting to seem like he's bitten off more than he can chew. I'm losing faith in the whole fucking process.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:50 am

Cardest wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:02 pm We're all just sitting back waiting and wondering and waiting and wondering. Maybe it's A Flums thing.
    No hurry!
    No rush!
    Like this guy -

Yes, that's basically how it is in Flums.

Beautiful region though. If you have the chance go and visit St. Gallen.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:06 am

The After Movie they posted is really cool though. Great video making.

Recap of Day 4 will follow SOON I guess. :mrgreen:

Still betting that we going to get announcements this weekend.
    Donnerklang
    Oiler

by Donnerklang » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:20 am

PotatoPotahto - you are absolutly right!
    I'm really pissed off by UMC behaviour!

Last cruise for me - I promise! And I'll book the cruise only 'cause I've ordered the flights already (4k € for my family and me).
    70.000tons family cruise 2020: My two daugthers, my wife and me
    :viking:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:05 am

Having people book with the ability to pay their last payment on December 21th now would be crazy.They would not wait this long to put a large possible group of payments come in with just 17 days before the cruise,plus their is another more important date ;October 7th after that cancellation costs 25% of ticket not just $100.This date means everyone pays in full and probably nobody backs out ,only being 17 days away from October 7th I said that is the plan.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 am

Amalu wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:50 am
    Cardest wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:02 pm We're all just sitting back waiting and wondering and waiting and wondering. Maybe it's A Flums thing.
    No hurry!
    No rush!
    Like this guy -

Yes, that's basically how it is in Flums.

Beautiful region though. If you have the chance go and visit St. Gallen.
    He He
    I have indeed visited Suisse/Schweiz/ Switzerland, twice!
    Not St Gallen though.
    But the HR Giger Museum (twice) and Montreux.
    Zurich, Luzern, Rigi (train), Glacier 3000, Interlaken, Einsiedeln and Bern and driving/trains around
    with a SWITZERLAND playlist I put together!
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/michael- ... 929585533/
    Flums....some day!!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Okay, I guess you've given me my ounce of transparency with the prices. Cool.

But as of NOW you've got less than 90 hours until the payment plan cutoff, and seeing as how this thread kind of worked, how about 70,000 Tons of Transparency because people need that payment plan to BOOK! CHOP CHOP!
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Cardest wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 am He He
    Not St Gallen though.
    Zurich, Luzern, Rigi (train), Glacier 3000, Interlaken, Einsiedeln and Bern and driving/trains around
    Flums....some day!!
    OMG... I never managed to visit the HR Giger Museum... It is on my to do lists for years! :mrgreen:

You're all very welcome to come and visit me and the wife and have a nice steak of the grill.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:59 am

Amalu wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:57 pm
    Cardest wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 am He He
    Not St Gallen though.
    Flums....some day!!
    OMG... I never managed to visit the HR Giger Museum... It is on my to do lists for years! :mrgreen:

You're all very welcome to come and visit me and the wife and have a nice steak of the grill.
    Danke!
    Get the grill on!
    Cheers!
    How cool is that!
    No idea when I would be in Switz bitz next.
    Haven't been up Jungfrau yet!

Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:59 am

Okay... So the 25th September is coming up fast now.

Taking the most extreme time zone of GMT-12 as a reference we have now only barely over 60 hours until payment plan cut off.

Let's even assume that ONLY Gold members will have a payment plan option and taking into account the 15 hours gap between booking codes mail and actual booking the first band 24 hours before that... Phew... We are living in isterensting times, are we not?
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:11 am

Amalu wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:59 am We are living in isterensting times, are we not?

:lol:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:13 am

Mr.Kito wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:11 am
    Amalu wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:59 am We are living in isterensting times, are we not?

:lol:
    In times like this I tend te get very sarcastic, yes.
Post Reply 23 posts Page 1 of 1