Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
    Cardest
    Midshipman

Re: 2 MONTHS Until Round X!

by Cardest » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:31 pm

acidbasement wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:05 pm I'm excited AF!
    61 days to go and 38 bands left to announce - get on it!
    Totally!
    38 bands to go!
    I still have survivor friends (here) sitting on the fence and waiting for more bands!
    I'm booked!
    But in 2020, it's the lowest group of friends going ever (in my circle of friends).
    My group is usually 12-18 each time.
    This time, it's only 6 of us. Lowest ever.
    Bands......will change that!

Make haste and bring forth the next batch of bands at once!

61 days sounds like a lot of days, but not really.
    Yesterday, I heard Kissin Dynamite for the first time.
    TrollfesT for the first time.
    Aether Realm for the first time.
    I need time for a lot of these new bands (to me) to listen to, grow on me.
    Imagine, we are say just a few days out, there's 20 bands to go....no time to hear them properly
    and get used to them to mark that glow pen on the daily band program and just miss seeing them.
    I know...it's the same every year! haha
    Kissin' D - I got the fire! That song is all I heard so far. And Archon Angel - c'mon guys, bust a song out already!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

Re: Time Is Ticking Away...

by Cardest » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:33 pm

slayergeek wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:17 pm Metal archives has nothing.

https://www.metal-archives.com/search?s ... =band_name

Anyone know anything about this band?
    Whoa............Soen!

https://soen.bandcamp.com/

Never heard of them either!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:34 pm

Put me out of my misery skipper.

Get the M out of the road so I don't die in the vain hope that it is MAGNUM :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:34 pm Put me out of my misery skipper.

Get the M out of the road so I don't die in the vain hope that it is MAGNUM :P
    I'll buy you a Magnum ice cream if that's the M band!

Do it Skip!

PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Metal Archives probably has nothing because this band probably doesn't qualify as metal to them.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Oh wow that's a surprise! I've heard nothing but good things about these guys for years, I guess it's time to finally check them out!

Edit: On first listen, this is a two setter. I'm getting mad Caligula's Horse vibes, which is a great thing.
    Last edited by Danny24601 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Soan is a progressive metal band from Sweden .
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:55 pm

They are considered a Super group.
  • Sheol
    Wiper

by Sheol » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:58 pm

Really unexpected! They are amazing.

Hope Municipal Waste is next!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:16 pm

Soen is amazing! They're one of the few bands left on my wishlist!!!!!!! So excite!!!!!!!!!!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:24 pm

YES! Magnificent band! Saw them at ProgPower USA XIX last year and they were awesome!

So happy I'm gonna get to see them again!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:30 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Metal Archives probably has nothing because this band probably doesn't qualify as metal to them.
    They are definitely 100% progressive metal...
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Soen sounds really talented. Do they have any heavier music. This is the first time I'm listening to them.
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:53 pm

WizardBeast wrote: Soen is amazing! They're one of the few bands left on my wishlist!!!!!!! So excite!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad to see you're booked!! Also, I witnessed your recent epic crab dancing :lol:

cegr80 wrote: YES! Magnificent band! Saw them at ProgPower USA XIX last year and they were awesome!

So happy I'm gonna get to see them again!
    100% this! Fantastic set at Propgpower, totally didn't expect them onbroad!! :bangers:

I'll take MYRATH now for $70,000 please :mrgreen:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Daenerys wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:53 pm
    WizardBeast wrote: Soen is amazing! They're one of the few bands left on my wishlist!!!!!!! So excite!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad to see you're booked!! Also, I witnessed your recent epic crab dancing :lol:

100% this! Fantastic set at Propgpower, totally didn't expect them onbroad!! :bangers:

I'll take MYRATH now for $70,000 please :mrgreen:
    yay! will be awesome to see you again too! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 pm

My prediction for the next band, there is a lack of thrash that Municipal Waste would fill nicely.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 pm

slayergeek wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 pm My prediction for the next band, there is a lack of thrash that Municipal Waste would fill nicely.
    For me whatever it is it will be:

'Meh, not Magnum'

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:56 pm

Daenerys wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:53 pm I'll take MYRATH now for $70,000 please :mrgreen:
    That'd be awesome!

Other Ms I'd love... Melechesh, Meshuggah, Moonspell, Mezarkabul (Pentagram). --As if. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: You've Gotta Pay The Troll Toll

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:10 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:52 am
    ShoreSlayer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:18 am ....
    While I can't speak for what their label did or didn't do in terms of early marketing, the lyrics on every single album have had at least some degree of pro-biblical jesus leanings, just delivered with killer Black Sabbath meets priest/maiden style screaming guitar duo abandon.
    ramble ramble... my point is I think their christian leanings were quite authentic and in no way shape or form contrived or a marketing ploy. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Bruce's religious leanings and Eric's were a big part of their early chemistry and their parting company years later was at least partly due to them no longer being quite as firmly on the same (bible) page as they once had been.

Yeah I never said that the band were not authentic - I blame their record label for trying to market them as "white metal".

This is what Eric had to say about it "It was Metal Blade. Back then they called all of it ´Black Metal´, y´know, Slayer, Danzig, etc., all those bands, they are ´Black Metal´, so I didn't grow up believing in all that crap and I think that people didn't believe in it either. It was a question about marketing your band in some way, so I had to do it. So I did this. Metal Blade called us as a “White Metal band” and I just wished they didn't."

Some of the band had religious up-bringings which clearly showed in their lyrics in those early albums, but they were not a christian band. A band of christians maybe? But a christian band no. There is also a big difference between a band singing about christian themes, and a christian band too. I would put Trouble squarely in the former category, and Tourniquet, Stryper, Living Sacrifice, and Believer firmly in the latter category. For me being a christian band is not about the content but about the message. Some of those bands like Bloodgood have alter-calls at their gigs - wouldn't ever see Trouble doing that :P

Blackie Lawless is a born again christian, so too are Alice Cooper and of course Megadave. But you wouldn't call Coop, WASP or Megadeth christian bands by any means.

Side note that Ted Kirkpatrick of Tourniquet was even drummer for Trouble for a brief period (and if you follow Ted on social media, well you would have to go a LONG way to find a more christian dude than him!!). (Also he is the most FREAKING AMAZING drummer!!!!). And I think ....

Sorry I should shuttup - bit of a pet subject of mine :)
    Awesome insights man. Thanks!

I get your point now too :beerwink:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 am

Puh....Soen, Kissin Dynamite, Trollfest...it can´t get worse for me!

Where are the Old School (Bay Area) Thrash Bands, the (Tampa) Death Metal Bands and the (Texas) US-Power Metal Bands from the 80s and early 90s????

M?

Mercyful Fate
    Massacre
    Meliah Rage

C´mon Skipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:28 am

Metal Archives have serious issues with Progressive Metal. Many great bands are not there for very mysterious reasons. Soen is one very good example.

That being said,

FUCK YES!!!! SOEN!!! This was completely unexpected! THANK YOU!!!!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 am

bodomdragon wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:28 am
    I loved seeing your reactions to Soen and KD. Some of these bands have me scratching my head saying “who?” but I’m really happy for you man and I guess I have some homework to do! Nice to see that some Cripper bands already have fans onbroad.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:13 am

Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:13 am

Pellaz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:56 pm Other Ms I'd love... Melechesh, Meshuggah, Moonspell, Mezarkabul (Pentagram). --As if. :lol:
    Wow, really shocked to see another Mezarkabul fan :)
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 am
    I loved seeing your reactions to Soen and KD. Some of these bands have me scratching my head saying “who?” but I’m really happy for you man and I guess I have some homework to do! Nice to see that some Cripper bands already have fans onbroad.
    Thanks man :D In both cases it's been a combination of "FUCK YEAH I FUCKING LOVE THAT BAND!", "FUCK YEAH, I HAVE NEVER / ONLY ONCE CAUGHT THEM LIVE SO FAR" and "FUCK YEAH I REALLY DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!". Super, super happy for both. Seriously. They have revived my motivation for next year's boat.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:48 am

M for...

Manegarm
    Marduk
    MGLA
    Moonspell
    Morbid Angel
    Myrkskog
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

2019: Survivor
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:38 am

Metal Archives have serious issues with Progressive Metal. Many great bands are not there for very mysterious reasons. Soen is one very good example.

That being said,

I get it to some extent. I heard a few songs and these guys sound about as hard as Journey or Rush. Where is the line today between rock and metal? There is certainly a lot of room for debate here.

That being said, there are people who are excited to see them and that’s whats important. And I doubt anyone would be insulted to be compared to these iconic rock bands.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:07 am

Cimmerian wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:48 am M for...

Manegarm
    Marduk
    MGLA
    Moonspell
    Morbid Angel
    Myrkskog
    I'll cream in my pants if it's Mgła
    2020: Survivor
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

The Absolute Pinnacle Of Legends Onbroad Round X

by Andy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:55 am

Sailors, may we have your attention, please!

70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise is deeply honored and humbled to have the opportunity to host a legendary figure in the history of Metal guitar onbroad #RoundX.

Please welcome the distinguished Michael Schenker, alongside his entourage in MICHAEL SCHENKER FEST, onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2020! We are proud to write Heavy Metal history once again with this venerated superstar by commemorating his Official 50th Recording Anniversary on The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

The one and only original Mad Axeman, the triumphant genius of 6 strings, will be joined by a very special compliment of musicians:

Gary Barden (Vocals)
    Robin McAuley (Vocals)
    Doogie White (Vocals)
    Chris Glen (Bass)
    Steve Mann (2nd Guitar / Keyboards)
    Bodo Schopf (Drums)

You will be completely mesmerized by their two special headlining performances onbroad, each of which will be unique. However, that is not all! You will be pleased to know that we will celebrate Michael's historic 65th birthday while we sail from Miami / Ft. Lauderdale, to beautiful Cozumel, Mexico, and back alongside 3,000 of you Sailors hailing from over 70 different countries across the globe. This is 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise, The United Nations of Heavy Metal at Sea!

A spectacle of this magnitude is absolutely not to be missed so make sure you join us for our exciting voyage from January 7th to 11th, 2020, sailing on the Independence of "T"he Seas. See you onbroad!

cholernik
    Petty Officer

Re: The Absolute Pinnacle Of Legends Onbroad Round X

by cholernik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:03 am

eh, ok. "T" let's go Taake. Really hoping, not expecting.
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:14 am

"M" like... meh :o
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:24 am

Taake would be great to see !!!!!!!!!!! :death:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:25 am

I saw the Michael Schenker fest a year ago. It was really good. Looking forward to seeing it again. I also notice Graham Bonnett is not included as one of the vocalists. I think all the rest of the performers were listed.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:29 am

good thing about another T band is it can't be wasted on trollfest again
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:29 am

Michael Schenker Fest could be worth checking out.....

My hope for Tomb Mold is still present
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:36 am

It is too bad the M announcement was not MGLA !!!!!!
    Polish Death Metal at its finest !!!!!!!!
    Those guys not one bad song !!
    Exercises in Futility sooooooo great !!!!!!!!!! :shred:
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:38 am

death metal/black metal :death: :shred: metal
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:45 am

metalforever wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:36 am It is too bad the M announcement was not MGLA !!!!!!
    Absolutely. New album Age of Excuse is also a killer. Especially number 1-2-6.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:46 am

Therion, Turisas, Thyrfing, The Dread Crew of Oddwood, Teräsbetoni, Turmion Kätilöt - please. :death:
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:17 am

Ethrivas wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:45 am
    metalforever wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:36 am It is too bad the M announcement was not MGLA !!!!!!
    Absolutely. New album Age of Excuse is also a killer. Especially number 1-2-6.
    Mgła is one of my favorite bands. sure a lot of their songs sound the same, but I mean, it's a great sound. It's good black metal, and the drumming is absolutely insane. I've still got my fingers crossed, but I'm not that hopeful.
Post Reply 2037 posts