Locked 48 posts
Will 70K 2021 happen?
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Will 70K 2021 happen?

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:59 pm

I'm gonna bank on it happening in late November/early December 2021 (not without precedent - remember Barge To Hell sailed first week of December).

That way it is still 70000 Tons of Metal 2021.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:59 pm I'm gonna bank on it happening in late November/early December 2021 (not without precedent - remember Barge To Hell sailed first week of December).

I like your optimism !
    If that did happen like you suggest , what would happen with 2022 cruise , not likely they would sail again for January , February 2022 , not enough months in between cruises ?
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:28 am

metalforever wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:07 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:59 pm I'm gonna bank on it happening in late November/early December 2021 (not without precedent - remember Barge To Hell sailed first week of December).

I like your optimism !
    If that did happen like you suggest , what would happen with 2022 cruise , not likely they would sail again for January , February 2022 , not enough months in between cruises ?
    Stay onbroad for two consecutive cruises.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:00 am

200 days to sailing!
    Or is it?

I thought we might at least see something from Skip and co. today.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:45 pm

I like your optimism !
    Nah I think it would be fine. One 70K late November/Early December 2021, the next in late January/Early February 2022.

A lot of people backed up attending Barge To Hell with the next 70K no issues.

From a financial perspective, I'd still be saving money the same as before, for two cruises. They'll just end up being closer together.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:45 pm

I like your optimism !
    Nah I think it would be fine. One 70K late November/Early December 2021, the next in late January/Early February 2022.

From a financial perspective, I'd still be saving money the same as before, for two cruises. They'll just end up being closer together.
    If it's safe, I'd 100% be in for both.
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:45 pm

I like your optimism !

You say 'a lot of people' - but low attendance is also why Barge to Hell was never repeated. If it can't be done profitably, it won't be done.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:33 am

So, no 200 days to sailing post.
    197 days to go...to something, sometime...

This silence so far, is looking like what others here are saying, that it's not gonna happen until well into 2021.

I guess I was being very hopeful that we'll see a 200 days to go thing.
    Not a 'We're still sailing' post, but an update from the Skip to basically say "we're alive and we're monitoring the latest news...bla bla bla' or whatever.

2021 (Nov) and then the next cruise in Feb 2022?
    They barely organized this last one properly.

They would need to reinstall confidence in all the bazillion frustrated sailors again for that to happen (imo).

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
Locked 48 posts