Locked 72 posts
CRUISE QUESTION PLEASE
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

CRUISE QUESTION PLEASE

by FLORIDABOYS » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

I know that all of our noncarbonated drinks are included; however, does it also include bottle water?? I know that you can pay a small nominal fee and get unlimited soft drinks, but can you do that with bottled water??? Also, does anybody know the "extra" fee to eat at Johnny Rockets or the gourmet resteraunt??? Finally, is there any place on board that well have beer pulled from the keg, or is just all bottles? I have never been on a cruise, and there are a bunch of you that seem really well versed on the matter. THANK YOU!! :viking: :viking: :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

Re: CRUISE QUESTION PLEASE

by Disaster Area » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:12 pm

FLORIDABOYS wrote:I know that all of our noncarbonated drinks are included; however, does it also include bottle water?? I know that you can pay a small nominal fee and get unlimited soft drinks, but can you do that with bottled water??? Also, does anybody know the "extra" fee to eat at Johnny Rockets or the gourmet resteraunt??? Finally, is there any place on board that well have beer pulled from the keg, or is just all bottles? I have never been on a cruise, and there are a bunch of you that seem really well versed on the matter. THANK YOU!! :viking: :viking: :death:

1. Bottled water is NOT free, I believe the have a "water package" like the "soda package" maybe a combo of both. Well worth the price in my experience.

2. I am fairly certain that anything other than the dining rooms and buffets will cost extra, but could be wrong. Tyrwoman could answer this definitively, she just went on a RC cruise.

3. No Draft beer on any boat I have ever been on, all bottles and aluminum "bottles"
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:32 pm

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO :viking: :viking:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:25 am

Do you know how much the "soda package" or the "water package" may be????
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:44 am

Ya know, this reminds me. I've been meaning to ask... without intending any offense to the Florida locals, how is the tap water down there? I know when we've gone to Cali or Vegas it's so nasty it's simply not drinkable. Coming from an area that has good water and I'm in the habit of drinking a ton daily, I'm loathe to pay for it.

I was wondering about Miami and the cruise itself. Thank you!
    I made the Devil do it.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:16 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Do you know how much the "soda package" or the "water package" may be????

Go to Royal Carribean's website and search for "Soda Package" and you should be able to find a price somewhere search in the results. On our recent 3 day cruise on Carnival the soda package was about $30, so I assume it would be close to that price.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:37 am

Johnny Rockets? Thats like a fast food resturant..haha Any cruise i have been on there are some resturants that you have to make an reservation to eat at.. usually $20ish.. Any buffet usually there is no cost to you. Fast food kind of thing... No cost to you. As far as a soda package usually includes bottled water.. I suggest if you are a big soda or water drinker to GET it! They run anywhere from $20-$30 per person. Its well worth it. I would NEVER drink the tap water from the ship...unless you want a stomach bug..LOL..This will be my 5th cruise.. they all run about the same.... :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the help guys! :headbanger:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:34 pm

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE INFO THAT NEEDED :viking:

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:29 pm

FLORIDABOYS wrote:THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE INFO THAT NEEDED :viking:

yeah, and free of charge even! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dstrbd1
    Crewman

by dstrbd1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:23 pm

FLORIDABOYS wrote:I know that all of our noncarbonated drinks are included; however, does it also include bottle water?? I know that you can pay a small nominal fee and get unlimited soft drinks, but can you do that with bottled water??? Also, does anybody know the "extra" fee to eat at Johnny Rockets or the gourmet resteraunt??? Finally, is there any place on board that well have beer pulled from the keg, or is just all bottles? I have never been on a cruise, and there are a bunch of you that seem really well versed on the matter. THANK YOU!! :viking: :viking: :death:

If you have never been on a cruise you might want to bring something for sea sickness. Sometimes they have it for free but most of these go quick. Onboard shops usually carry something also but it would really suck if they ran out on ya. :twisted:
    Trust no one
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:46 pm

dstrbd1 wrote:

If you have never been on a cruise you might want to bring something for sea sickness. Sometimes they have it for free but most of these go quick. Onboard shops usually carry something also but it would really suck if they ran out on ya. :twisted:

EXCELLENT advice, nothing worse than a hangover amplified by sea sickness. I can PERSONALLY vouch for that!

:party:

Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:53 pm

I'm gonna try to tough it out. I've never been on a cruise before, and never been so far out in water that I couldn't see land :shock: but I also get these wicked cases of vertigo every once in a while... like when getting out of an elevator, or looking down or out of windows in tall buildings... so hopefully I'm not puking every day. :oops:
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:39 pm

I'm definitely going to get it.... I drink lots of liquids all the time.. and I always am more thirsty of course being sweaty with a ton of other metalheads at a concert. On a regular cruise? I 'may' survive ok and buy something here and there... but on this thing..... we will all be sweatin a lot ... it's not like we are going to be cruising in the Arctic Ocean :roll: Another thing to think about... :beerhorns:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Evil Red, to answer your question, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are rated the 4th cleanest cities for tap water in the U.S.

Given that, I think you'll live :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 am

i think i'll go for the juices, nice and healthy (a)

i've never been on a cruise before as well.
    however, i've had a share sailing (smal and big boats) and ferries: from denmark to sweden - from Rotterdam to London - from Hull to a place in france, can't remember which one
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    cyx
    Oiler

by cyx » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:54 pm

silly question, but this seems to be the place to ask it - what happens when we run out of TP in our room? there's four of us, and none of us are cruise-experienced... does the boat provide more? :ugeek:
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Hehe..your too funny... Worried about tp..hehe.. You have a person who is assigned to your room keepin it clean and tidy..no worries bout tp.. They will replace it and get you as much as you need... Lol :death:
    #2063 2nd 70k
    2035...for 2014!!!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:57 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Evil Red, to answer your question, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are rated the 4th cleanest cities for tap water in the U.S.

Given that, I think you'll live :lol:

Well that just isn't very metal, now is it? :mrgreen: :death:
    I made the Devil do it.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:14 am

sheila wrote:Hehe..your too funny... Worried about tp..hehe.. You have a person who is assigned to your room keepin it clean and tidy..no worries bout tp.. They will replace it and get you as much as you need... Lol :death:

If I tip well enough, will they...? you know... :oops:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:18 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    sheila wrote:Hehe..your too funny... Worried about tp..hehe.. You have a person who is assigned to your room keepin it clean and tidy..no worries bout tp.. They will replace it and get you as much as you need... Lol :death:

...Deliver snowballs so you can wipe your penguin ass? I doubt it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:50 am

Anyone seen my ass? I just misplaced it while rolling on the freaking ground laughing it off here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    cyx
    Oiler

by cyx » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:19 am

thanks sheila! yeah, i just figure, four chicks + one bathroom = need for extra toilet paper and all its magical uses ;)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:42 am

My 2 cents -
    None in my family have ever bought those extra pop and/or water packages on the cruises we have been on. For one, we are not huge pop drinkers (and husband and I didn't want the kiddos drinkin' pop all day which they probably would have if they had those special cups :lol: ) We also felt we didn't need the water package because the tap water suited us just fine - but that's just us - TEHO ;) Also, various juices were included at breakfast, and iced tea and lemonade was always available and free in the casual "Windjammer" buffet dining area. I assume it will be a similar set-up on this cruise.

Re: the specialty restaurant options - we never did that either 'cause it just seemed like an unnecessary expense since the food in the main dining areas was excellent. Also, Johnny Rockets is just basic fast food - just went to one at Six Flags Great America (amusement park) last weekend - good, but I'm going to stick with what the cruise includes - more money for :cheers: and :heavydrink: :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    dstrbd1
    Crewman

by dstrbd1 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:29 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

It this were a regular cruise you could choose your own amount to tip at the end of the cruise. With this one tips are already included in the total price. So even if they do a crappy job you're gonna tip them well. Haha. :twisted:
    Trust no one
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:36 pm

I was talking to my dad last night (who goes on a cruise at least once a year) and he warned me that most cruises will leave a bottle of water in your room when they do the housekeeping, and if you open it, you'll have to pay for it. He said "never assume anything in your room is free". Just thought I'd pass that along in case they do leave water bottles in your room hoping you will drink it
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:11 pm

DrAmygdala wrote:I was talking to my dad last night (who goes on a cruise at least once a year) and he warned me that most cruises will leave a bottle of water in your room when they do the housekeeping, and if you open it, you'll have to pay for it. He said "never assume anything in your room is free". Just thought I'd pass that along in case they do leave water bottles in your room hoping you will drink it

Yeah, every room has a "Mini Bar" just like in mid-high price hotels, and in the words of the late great Mitch Hedberg;

"A mini bar, is a machine that makes everything.... expensive." :lol: :lol: :lol: :heavydrink:

direct from the man: http://ilike.myspacecdn.com/play#Mitch+Hedberg:Minibar:72031:s30695264.8769547.3414155.0.2.100%2Cstd_cce4267bc7774e91a4d8753843bf4739

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:57 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I'm gonna try to tough it out. I've never been on a cruise before, and never been so far out in water that I couldn't see land :shock: but I also get these wicked cases of vertigo every once in a while... like when getting out of an elevator, or looking down or out of windows in tall buildings... so hopefully I'm not puking every day. :oops:

I hope your not either!.....BUt if you do.....dont aim for the Pool Pit!.....I would just say .....dont look towards the water.....maybe "trick" yourself into thinking your on land...
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:32 pm

One suggestion... stay out of your room..makes it 100x worse. Go out side get some air... Try to take ur mind off of it..Get sum Bonnie...or patches... it really helps with that... :death:
    #2063 2nd 70k
    2035...for 2014!!!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 am

or take a nice swim!

Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:42 am

tim how in the 7 hells will he swim while deb is trashing around trying to create a poolpit while everybody is trying to stop her cause they see the singer of swashbuckle trying to enter...
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:33 am

that's EXACTLY why he should be swimming :beerwink:

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 am

Michaelage wrote:tim how in the 7 hells will he swim while deb is trashing around... cause ...the singer of swashbuckle trying to enter...

wait, what? trying to "enter" what or who. Note to Deb: the "pool pit" and the "Adults Only Area" are not one in the same... :beerwink:

• MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:13 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I'm gonna try to tough it out. I've never been on a cruise before, and never been so far out in water that I couldn't see land :shock: but I also get these wicked cases of vertigo every once in a while... like when getting out of an elevator, or looking down or out of windows in tall buildings... so hopefully I'm not puking every day. :oops:

My grandparents go on cruises yearly and reccomended 'scopolamine' for sea-sickness. It a little patch you put behind your ear and it lasts a few days. It's over the counter so no prescription needed (in Canada at least). It says don't take with alcohol but I'm gonna look online for possible side effects. (noo! Not my booze!) I'm gonna get some as a precaution... Hope this helps!
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    Michaelage wrote:tim how in the 7 hells will he swim while deb is trashing around... cause ...the singer of swashbuckle trying to enter...

wait, what? trying to "enter" what or who. Note to Deb: the "pool pit" and the "Adults Only Area" are not one in the same... :beerwink:

YIKES!!....I was wondering where he was going with that as well.......lost me...lol
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:19 pm

MitchTheMetalhead wrote:

My grandparents go on cruises yearly and reccomended 'scopolamine' for sea-sickness. It a little patch you put behind your ear and it lasts a few days. It's over the counter so no prescription needed (in Canada at least). It says don't take with alcohol but I'm gonna look online for possible side effects. (noo! Not my booze!) I'm gonna get some as a precaution... Hope this helps!

THANKS Mitch! I'll check it out. :cheers:
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:33 pm

Slaytanic.... we won't let you get sick.... I've found that listening to metal and going to metal shows cures all ailments!!! So you should be fine!!! :shred: :shred: :deathmetal: :death: :deathmetal: :shred: :shred:

(if only doctors knew.....) :lol: :lol:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm not worried about getting seasick so much, it's passing out that I'm worried about. I just have a broken equilibrium I guess, but I'll handle it. There's plenty of chairs at the casino! :beerwink:
    Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Evil Red wrote:Ya know, this reminds me. I've been meaning to ask... without intending any offense to the Florida locals, how is the tap water down there? I know when we've gone to Cali or Vegas it's so nasty it's simply not drinkable. Coming from an area that has good water and I'm in the habit of drinking a ton daily, I'm loathe to pay for it.

I was wondering about Miami and the cruise itself. Thank you!

Miami tap water is excellent.
    "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever!"
    -Dan Daly USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood, France 1918

Cabin 6517- Who are my cabinmates?
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:08 am

Any previous cruise goers have some clue as to how much we should take on board ( no merch money ) to stay comfortable including soda package, etc etc. Maybe a list of things that maybe someone who has never been on a cruise wouldn't know to bring?? this would be a great help :beerwink:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
Locked 72 posts