Re: Turisas

by mooyagi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:01 pm

If true, I approve!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    The Cushion
    Wiper

by The Cushion » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:04 pm

I hope it's true! I'm seeing them in Vancouver February 13th \m/ (They're touring with Cradle of Filfth but I hate those guys)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:06 pm

The Cushion wrote:I hope it's true! I'm seeing them in Vancouver February 13th \m/ (They're touring with Cradle of Filfth but I hate those guys)

Seriously, what are they doing touring with Cradle of Filth?
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:11 pm

they play a few days before i fly out for the cruise. i hope i can make that show seeing they will not be on the cruise. both CoF and Tursias :heavydrink:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Eluveitie...
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:15 pm

Evican wrote:Eluveitie...

Good call! I'd gladly take them over Turisas
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:23 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Turisas recently toured here and they put on a great show!! But... I would much prefer Eluveitie as they are less likely to tour here.

All this suspense is killing me!! :lol:
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Evican wrote:Turisas recently toured here and they put on a great show!! But... I would much prefer Eluveitie as they are less likely to tour here.

All this suspense is killing me!! :lol:

They do put on a good show, and Turisas would get no complaints from me. Eluveitie does put on an excellent show, but I haven't had the chance to see them in a couple of years so I would be jumping for joy if they made it. I think it's funny that we just had two bands announced and the masses are already clamoring for more. Myself included!
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:28 pm

A big thumbs up for both of them. But frankly, everything that will be announced as of now is just more icing on the cake for me.
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    The Cushion
    Wiper

by The Cushion » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:55 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    The Cushion wrote:I hope it's true! I'm seeing them in Vancouver February 13th \m/ (They're touring with Cradle of Filfth but I hate those guys)

Seriously, what are they doing touring with Cradle of Filth?

I actually have no clue. This will be the second time I'm going to a Cradle of Filth show and not staying for them (last time was for Satyricon haha) :P
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:16 pm

You have no idea how much I hope this is true.

Turisas puts on the single best live show I've ever seen EVERY. SINGLE. PERFORMANCE. Everything is recreated perfectly and it's an amazing atmosphere whether it's a huge crowd at a festival, or a crowd of 11 people (as it was when I saw them in New Orleans in 2008). I can't recall any other band I've seen that truly puts their all into every show. It has to take an enormous toll on them, but that's why they're one of the best.
  • PxDnNinja
    Petty Officer

by PxDnNinja » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Ecliptica wrote:You have no idea how much I hope this is true.

Turisas puts on the single best live show I've ever seen EVERY. SINGLE. PERFORMANCE. Everything is recreated perfectly and it's an amazing atmosphere whether it's a huge crowd at a festival, or a crowd of 11 people (as it was when I saw them in New Orleans in 2008). I can't recall any other band I've seen that truly puts their all into every show. It has to take an enormous toll on them, but that's why they're one of the best.

Agreed. I saw them in a venue of just a hundred or so people and one of the best shows I have ever seen. Them and Alestorm are quality stage shows because they put their all into it and get the audience involved.
    2011: SURVIVED
    2012: SURVIVED
    2013: SURVIVED
    2014: Waiting to Book
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 am

If Turisas gets announced, my cabinmate and I will paint up for the entire cruise.

Last edited by Ecliptica on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:00 am

turisas? I LOVE BANDS WITH SWORDS!!!! Image Image Image
    so I don't mind, don't mind at all.

but I can agree that this trip could use some more black / deathmetal!
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:27 am

Yep Turisas is awesome live. I saw them a couple years ago at Paganfest in Atlanta with Tyr, Eluveitie, and Ensiferum. Actually, awesome show all around!

Cradle of Filth and Nachtmystium are on that tour also... I hope they don't get added. I can't stand either of those bands.
  • tenebre
    Crewman

by tenebre » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:46 am

I dunno i would really like Turisas and Cradle to get announced myself

course i still hold hope for UDO
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:45 am

tenebre wrote:I dunno i would really like Turisas and Cradle to get announced myself

UDO would be great! However, accept is touring right now, and they should be done by december i believe!! i wouldnt mind either one,
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:00 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    tenebre wrote:I dunno i would really like Turisas and Cradle to get announced myself

UDO would be great! However, accept is touring right now, and they should be done by december i believe!! i wouldnt mind either one,

Their show at the Key Club was their last one for this year. They will be touring extensively again next year. Man, you're in North Hollywood, how could you have missed that show last Tuesday? The Key Club is practically in your back yard!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:05 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:

Their show at the Key Club was their last one for this year. They will be touring extensively again next year. Man, you're in North Hollywood, how could you have missed that show last Tuesday? The Key Club is practically in your back yard!

I saw videos of the singer now, and i couldn't see my self enjoying them. I mean I would have gone just to see Wolf play breaker/metal heart but i just wasn't feeling it after watching a couple videos online. Plus i had school, i'm short on money (im basically paying for 4 people and waiting for them to pay me back) too many things to deal with just at once. But a few friends went and told me they were alright (not amazing fantastic good, just alright) so i wouldn't mind having them on the boat.

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:09 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:Their show at the Key Club was their last one for this year. They will be touring extensively again next year. Man, you're in North Hollywood, how could you have missed that show last Tuesday? The Key Club is practically in your back yard!

I saw videos of the singer now, and i couldn't see my self enjoying them. I mean I would have gone just to see Wolf play breaker/metal heart but i just wasn't feeling it after watching a couple videos online. Plus i had school, i'm short on money (im basically paying for 4 people and waiting for them to pay me back) too many things to deal with just at once. But a few friends went and told me they were alright (not amazing fantastic good, just alright) so i wouldn't mind having them on the boat.

Yeah, I agree they were good but not exactly mind blowing. That being the case I would rather not have them on the boat since we are down to just 6 precious slots left...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:17 am

Disaster Area wrote:Yeah, I agree they were good but not exactly mind blowing. That being the case I would rather not have them on the boat since we are down to just 6 precious slots left...

Yer killin' me bro... If there's even the slightest chance that Accept are available for the cruise, I pray to the metal gods they're added before CoF, Turisas, Rotten Sound or Barren Earth.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:Yeah, I agree they were good but not exactly mind blowing. That being the case I would rather not have them on the boat since we are down to just 6 precious slots left...

Yer killin' me bro... If there's even the slightest chance that Accept are available for the cruise, I pray to the metal gods they're added before CoF, Turisas, Rotten Sound or Barren Earth.

touché :givebeer: or accept hahah

or metal inquisitor! or if somehow possible running wild :cry:

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

touché :givebeer: or accept hahah

Well sure, if the choice is between Accept or any of the ones Rob mentions, I of course would vote for Accept. But for my money, I can easily come up with 6 alternatives to Accept. But I will admit some bias having just seen them... All in all I only have 2 names I REALLY want to see Primal Fear and Symphony X. The other 4 slots can be whatever :cheers:

Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:19 pm

starlight wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:touché :givebeer: or accept hahah

You should move to germany, man!

i have been contemplating this for quite some time now! i grow tired of LA, and figured maybe after a few trips to wacken i will see how it goes and how i like it. I have been learning a little too! mehr bier bitte!! :lol:

Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:30 pm

starlight wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote: mehr bier bitte!! :lol:

Perfect :-)

If you're really thinking about it: I have an acquaintance (???), she move from Australia to Germany because she thought, Germany was more "metal" (more concerts, festivals, etc).

In the meantime she moved I think twice within Germany and now also found the man of her metal-dreams ;)

If you want to, I can ask her to contact you, she's in facebook, too and I could send you her name via PM.

But remember: we have real winters, with real snow :D

Well im in school right now - but never hurts to start networking! ill pm you righ tnow :heavydrink:

Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:35 pm

starlight wrote:If you're really thinking about it: I have an acquaintance (???), she move from Australia to Germany because she thought, Germany was more "metal" (more concerts, festivals, etc).

In the meantime she moved I think twice within Germany and now also found the man of her metal-dreams ;)

If you want to, I can ask her to contact you, she's in facebook, too and I could send you her name via PM.

But remember: we have real winters, with real snow :D

I so want to do this, except I would probably head to The Netherlands as I have Dutch heritage. I don't know how I could handle the cold and not having hot summers though. Haha.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:37 pm

mooyagi wrote:

me too
    it would allow me to speak some swiss-german on the cruise ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:59 pm

I would love to move to Europe. The lack of metal here sucks :(

I was blown away when I toured around Europe for 6 weeks in 2004. Such a beautiful place, and so much metal :headbanger:

Australia is a great place to live though. I'm not complaining :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Cradle of Filth is playing with Turisas in Mexico 01/29/11, so if you get 1 you are probably going to get the other.

Same thing goes for Finntroll and Ensiferium. Don't be surprised if Rotten Sound and Barren Earth are booked as well for their since those 4 Finnish bands start their North American tour in Orlando, FL 01/31/11.

Throw in Primal Fear, which seems highly likely at this point and that leaves 1, only 1 spot, for a special announcement or something uber great.

Barren Earth & Rotten Sound ain't bad, but if I can see them in my backyard 3 days later they take up valuable spots. No comment on those other bands :lol:

P.S. - I hope I'm totally wrong on every level though :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:56 pm

KevinP wrote:Cradle of Filth is playing with Turisas in Mexico 01/29/11, so if you get 1 you are probably going to get the other.

Same thing goes for Finntroll and Ensiferium. Don't be surprised if Rotten Sound and Barren Earth are booked as well for their since those 4 Finnish bands start their North American tour in Orlando, FL 01/31/11.

Throw in Primal Fear, which seems highly likely at this point and that leaves 1, only 1 spot, for a special announcement or something uber great.

Barren Earth & Rotten Sound ain't bad, but if I can see them in my backyard 3 days later they take up valuable spots. No comment on those other bands :lol:

me too!

Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Cradle of Filth is playing with Turisas in Mexico 01/29/11, so if you get 1 you are probably going to get the other.

me too!

Me three.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:20 pm

I just had another horrific thought. Iced Earth & Blind Guardian could mean that Demons & Wizards thing. That would be an easy and super cheap way for them to fill another spot.

God help all us extreme loving bastards if they are the "special" or last announcement. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:24 pm

KevinP wrote:I just had another horrific thought. Iced Earth & Blind Guardian could mean that Demons & Wizards thing. That would be an easy and super cheap way for them to fill another spot.

God help all us extreme loving bastards if they are the "special" or last announcement. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think they would have announced that if that was their intention. It is just too obvious a call. I don't think it will be one of the slot bands. Maybe just a couple songs during one of their sets...

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Disaster Area wrote:I think they would have announced that if that was their intention. It is just too obvious a call. I don't think it will be one of the slot bands. Maybe just a couple songs during one of their sets...

That would be a nice trade off. You gotta figure there is gonna be some pick up jams happening, so maybe then as well. Definitely would check that out if that was the case. Taking up a slot would put my non power metal loving panties in a bind :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:31 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:I think they would have announced that if that was their intention. It is just too obvious a call. I don't think it will be one of the slot bands. Maybe just a couple songs during one of their sets...

That would be a nice trade off. You gotta figure there is gonna be some pick up jams happening, so maybe then as well. Definitely would check that out if that was the case. Taking up a slot would put my non power metal loving panties in a bind :mrgreen:

I agree 100% with that, I would rather see another band that I don't even care about rather than using D&W to fill a slot.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:48 pm

I agree KevinP.

Demons & Wizards would most likely be an 'informal jam session' with Hansi and Jon.

I'm a massive Iced Earth fan, and a huge Blind Guardian fan, but even I don't want D&W taking one of the final slots.

As mentioned elsewhere, I would be 100% fine if the final 6 bands are death metal acts that I couldn't give a damn about.

I'm already beyond happy with the lineup - all I want now if for others like yourself to be as happy as me with the lineup :headbanger:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I agree KevinP.

Demons & Wizards would most likely be an 'informal jam session' with Hansi and Jon.

I'm a massive Iced Earth fan, and a huge Blind Guardian fan, but even I don't want D&W taking one of the final slots.

As mentioned elsewhere, I would be 100% fine if the final 6 bands are death metal acts that I couldn't give a damn about.

I'm already beyond happy with the lineup - all I want now if for others like yourself to be as happy as me with the lineup :headbanger:

I'm definitely not UNhappy, as there are 15 bands I plan on seeing, plus I'm sure there will be a bunch others I'll check out. I just had high hopes for the final 10 being something more along my wheelhouse or special. Whether that was unrealistic or not, who knows. :lol: :mrgreen:

That being said, just cause it's death metal is no guarantee I'd like it though. :shock:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:47 pm

BUT THE REAL QUESTION IS WILL ANYONE PAINT UP WITH ME?!?!

Don't worry, I've got plenty more.

EDIT: I did a terrible Photoshop job of removing the background. I'm not too technologically-savvy.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Well, I'd be impressed if you and your buddy do the trans-continental drive "painted up". :heavydrink:

Locked 126 posts