rumored bands ...who do we all have?

by DragonLordJones » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:00 am

Voivod
    Turisas
    Mercyful Fate
    Cradle of Filth
    Symphony X

leaving 1 slot ........ who am I missing ? :cheers: :givebeer:

edited ....... links to these rumors would be nice . not forum wish list but actual leaks or confirmations ;)
    Last edited by DragonLordJones on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: rumored bands ...who do we all have?

by last_candle » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:03 am

opeth and kamelot were mentioned a lot
    latter seems to be quite likely, opeth might just be the wish of a lot of us (but they're coming anyway ;) )
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:07 am

Lots of talk about Turisas, and since they are on tour with CoF, it lends itself well to the rumours. Kamelot I have my doubts about as the singer is still sick, Opeth would be nice but I don't think any solid rumours have arisen.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:27 am

I'm thinking Heidevolk and Turisas for sure!
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:34 am

Symphony X is another big rumor as per Warrel Dane in Nevermore, I believe.

EDIT: Even if Kamelot doesn't play, I wouldn't be surprised if they're on the boat anyway as "fans".
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:36 am

Ecliptica wrote: as per Warrel Dane in Nevermore, I believe.

Two of his bands are playing.... I would imagine he'll be on board.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:48 am

cg138 wrote:

No, I meant that Warrel Dane was the one who leaked the Symphony X announcement after a show a few weeks ago =P
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:50 am

Ecliptica wrote:
    cg138 wrote:

No, I meant that Warrel Dane was the one who leaked the Symphony X announcement after a show a few weeks ago =P

Oh man. I'm an idiot for failing to note the "as per".

I quoted you saying it, too. Mega fail.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:44 am

How could i forget. DEMONS AND WIZARDS. I have a hard time beleiving that Hansi and Jon won't at least do a couple songs together if not a full set, they probably just haven't announced it so that it wouldn't displace another band from getting onbroad. (see that <- I said onbroad).
    If those are 5 of the last 6 spots maybe we actually can expect a big headliner! Am I the only one still really hoping for an Iron Maiden announcement? Keep the faith, it can still happen. :headbanger: :headbanger:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Some of the above mentioned seem highly unlikely, such as Mercyful Fate and Maiden. King hasn't done anything with Fate in the past decade, so if he's gonna show up, then it's gonna be with his own band. As for Maiden, well I think that's a bit far reaching in this case. I don't think all of those guys would want to be in that situation for several days (Nicko sure, but I can't be sure about the rest).

Now, I am also of the opinion that there will be some kind of Demons and Wizards performance. Honestly, I think it'd be ridiculous NOT to do it, under the circumstances. At this point, I think I'm done guessing, and simply waiting to see what's left.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:31 pm

I wasn't saying that Maiden was an actual rumour, but I wouldn't be surprised if we a headliner thats bigger than anyone thats been announced yet (Megadeth maybe?). As for mercyful fate I've never heard of them so I have nothing to say about that :oops:
    I really hope they smarten up and do a full Demon's and Wizard's set, that would make my life complete.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:44 pm

You've never heard of Mercyful Fate? Really? Wow, now that is something.

Well, if you like King Diamond at all, then this is where he came from. Many classic albums to be heard, like Don't Break The Oath and Melissa, so go check them out. I'm sure many others here would agree :beerhorns:

I still think Halford is a possible candidate for headliner
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:49 pm

Captain Metal wrote:I still think Halford is a possible candidate for headliner

Considering Slash is opening for Ozzy in the U.S. during January and February, I'm now even more inclined to agree with this particular hunch.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:50 pm

Exactly :twisted:
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:05 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Some of the above mentioned seem highly unlikely, such as Mercyful Fate and Maiden. King hasn't done anything with Fate in the past decade, so if he's gonna show up, then it's gonna be with his own band. As for Maiden, well I think that's a bit far reaching in this case. I don't think all of those guys would want to be in that situation for several days (Nicko sure, but I can't be sure about the rest).

Now, I am also of the opinion that there will be some kind of Demons and Wizards performance. Honestly, I think it'd be ridiculous NOT to do it, under the circumstances. At this point, I think I'm done guessing, and simply waiting to see what's left.
    To be fair, both Blind Guardian and Iced Earth played high-ranking slots at Wacken 2007, but I didn't hear anything about Demons & Wizards stuff being performed. There is always hope though!

I'd like to see Kamelot with Michael Erikson (Circus Maximus) on vocals, like they did for Prog-Power fest this year! That would be phenomenal!
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:08 pm

I read something about that, they were going to tour with him then cancelled, and the prog power was just a one-off show more or less for him to be satisfied. I suppose it's possible though, it would be wicked to see Kamelot either way (especially since their original tour completely skipped western canada :evil: )
    The Halford argument seems pretty good, that was be awesome to see on the cruise!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:04 pm

On the 70000tons of metal twitter page, all the bands that follow them are on the cruise, except for "the thick of it all"

?????
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:28 pm

Captain Metal wrote: To be fair, both Blind Guardian and Iced Earth played high-ranking slots at Wacken 2007, but I didn't hear anything about Demons & Wizards stuff being performed. There is always hope though!

From FAQ
    How many gigs will each band be playing?
    Most bands on board will be performing two scheduled shows and who knows what other jam sessions might arise?

If this is not a direct referance to Demons and Wizards im going to have to kill the fucker that raised my hopes :twisted:

P.S> IF Maiden is announced and We get to meet them then my life would then be complete... and I would have to promptly commit suicide after the voyage as to not marr the rest of it :P
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:30 pm

MitchTheMetalhead wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote: To be fair, both Blind Guardian and Iced Earth played high-ranking slots at Wacken 2007, but I didn't hear anything about Demons & Wizards stuff being performed. There is always hope though!

From FAQ
    How many gigs will each band be playing?
    Most bands on board will be performing two scheduled shows and who knows what other jam sessions might arise?

If this is not a direct referance to Demons and Wizards im going to have to kill the fucker that raised my hopes :twisted:

P.S> IF Maiden is announced and We get to meet them then my life would then be complete... and I would have to promptly commit suicide after the voyage as to not marr the rest of it :P

no, then your going to hunt down clive and paul'dianno - then do as you please. :lol:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:On the 70000tons of metal twitter page, all the bands that follow them are on the cruise, except for "the thick of it all"

?????

their myspace has them as an "unsigned Band" from Vancouver. Betting they are just following because they are interested or maybe paying guests. SURELY and unsigned act would not get one of the last precious sluts, err slots. Oh, gave them a quick listen, sounded to me a bit like Layne staley sitting in with Nickelback...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Element0s wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:Some of the above mentioned seem highly unlikely, such as Mercyful Fate and Maiden. King hasn't done anything with Fate in the past decade, so if he's gonna show up, then it's gonna be with his own band. As for Maiden, well I think that's a bit far reaching in this case. I don't think all of those guys would want to be in that situation for several days (Nicko sure, but I can't be sure about the rest).
    To be fair, both Blind Guardian and Iced Earth played high-ranking slots at Wacken 2007, but I didn't hear anything about Demons & Wizards stuff being performed. There is always hope though!
    I'd like to see Kamelot with Michael Erikson (Circus Maximus) on vocals, like they did for Prog-Power fest this year! That would be phenomenal!

the most you can hope for is hansi showing up during a IE show performing one D&W song, two tops

...and the kamelot/erikson solution would be welcome
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:13 pm

It was indeed phenomenal :) For the short amount of time he had to prepare, he did a great job. They had some sound issues though and royally screwed up Ghost Opera :? Michael seems super nice too, stayed for the second day of the show and wandered around the crowd all night taking pictures and bumming around with fans :beerwink:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:33 pm

I have been hoping and dreaming for Devin since i bought the tickets in May....it doesn't look too likely I guess? I don't know why his tour had to skip Denver, he would draw very well here. Anyway he's up in my top 5 favorite metal musicians ever and maybe I can hold onto a little shred of hope.....DEVIN!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:21 pm

rhiawiz wrote:I have been hoping and dreaming for Devin since i bought the tickets in May....it doesn't look too likely I guess? I don't know why his tour had to skip Denver, he would draw very well here. Anyway he's up in my top 5 favorite metal musicians ever and maybe I can hold onto a little shred of hope.....DEVIN!

Of course DEVIN will be part of the show !

But still I hope but don`t believe that TILO will be there with LACRIMOSA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:On the 70000tons of metal twitter page, all the bands that follow them are on the cruise, except for "the thick of it all"

?????

their myspace has them as an "unsigned Band" from Vancouver. Betting they are just following because they are interested or maybe paying guests. SURELY and unsigned act would not get one of the last precious sluts, err slots. Oh, gave them a quick listen, sounded to me a bit like Layne staley sitting in with Nickelback...

One of their band members did the voice-over for the 70000 Tons promo ;)

http://www.bravewords.com/news/131201
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Metal Heart
    Crewman

by Metal Heart » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:31 pm

god damn will they just announce the other bands already
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

?????

One of their band members did the voice-over for the 70000 Tons promo ;)

http://www.bravewords.com/news/131201

I think you've got the wrong band cowboy...

TheThickOfIt did not have a band member involved in the promo, Duskmachine did.

Also, TTOI sucks donkeydick, Duskmachine kicks it

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:51 pm

you're both right, apparently the Bass player plays in Thick of shit AND Duskmachine
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:52 pm

Oi! Don't tell me I'm wrong! I'm NEVER wrong!!

Did you read the article???

"DUSKMACHINE / ex-ANNIHILATOR bassist Russ bergquist has checked in with the following update:"

"I have also been playing with a band here in Vancouver called THE THICK OF IT. "
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:56 pm

so is duskmachine (mystery band) suppose to be one of the 40 or is this a special treat ie band 41
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:02 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Oi! Don't tell me I'm wrong! I'm NEVER wrong!!

ShoreSlayer wrote:I think you've got the wrong band cowboy...

I respectfully request you direct your attention to the big bolded word :P

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Heheheeheeee :)

No probs penguin :D :givebeer:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:52 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:so is duskmachine (mystery band) suppose to be one of the 40 or is this a special treat ie band 41

how can they be a special treat? ;)

nonono, i'm not complaining - i only care about the bands i like and not those i don't

np: duskmachine - the maker's death (on youtube)
    wishlist '20:
    kramww
    Oiler

by kramww » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:27 am

Fingers crossed for The Metal God & Metal Queen: Halford and Doro!
    MADDA
    Crewman

by MADDA » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:46 pm

I WOULD SHIT MYSELF IF OPETH PLAYED THIS!!!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:24 pm

MADDA wrote:I WOULD SHIT MYSELF IF OPETH PLAYED THIS!!!

You and I both... I would probably puke from excitement upon boarding. :mrgreen:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    aphelion0
    Oiler

by aphelion0 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:00 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    MADDA wrote:I WOULD SHIT MYSELF IF OPETH PLAYED THIS!!!

You and I both... I would probably puke from excitement upon boarding. :mrgreen:

hahahaha I will bring some extra pants for you both and I!!!!

OPETH must play!!!!! :deathmetal:

OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:09 pm

did somebody say........
    OPETH?

OPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETH OPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETH
    OPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETHOPETH

I hopeth for Opeth :headbanger:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    aphelion0
    Oiler

by aphelion0 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:13 pm

hahaha just in case that nobody said this:

OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!! OPETH!!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Since they've done the Chronology Tours and Blackwater Park in it's entirety... I think it would be fitting for them to perform Morningrise on its 15th Anniversary in 2011. And Still Life. And Orchid. And Deliverance. And My Arms, Your Hearse. And Ghost... okay, I'm getting carried away. :lol:

:death:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • Locked 203 posts