Locked 190 posts
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PRE-PARTY CONFIRMED!
    MADDA
    Crewman

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PRE-PARTY CONFIRMED!

by MADDA » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:25 pm

IF you are in Southern California, come!! This will be Friday the 21st of January 2011 At the Rainbow Bar and Grill on Sunset Blvd AT 7 PM

Here is their website: http://www.rainbowbarandgrill.com/
    Last edited by MADDA on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PRE-PARTY CONFIRMED!

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:07 pm

MADDA wrote:IF you are in Southern California, come!! This will be Friday the 21st At the Rainbow Bar and Grill on Sunset Blvd AT 7 PM

friday jan 21rst 2011 - *FIXED
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    MADDA
    Crewman

by MADDA » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    MADDA wrote:IF you are in Southern California, come!! This will be Friday the 21st At the Rainbow Bar and Grill on Sunset Blvd AT 7 PM

friday jan 21rst 2011 - *FIXED

THANKS! OMG~ haha. YES JANUARY 21st. THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE CRUISE!
  • metalnick666
    Oiler

by metalnick666 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:56 pm

im probably gonna be working friday and saturday.
    well see what happens, that would be pretty cool though
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Did we need a separate thread for the confirmation? Oh well! I'll see you all there. So are we just all going to meet up outside?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    MADDA
    Crewman

by MADDA » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:25 pm

i thought so. so that people don't stop looking at the post or get lost. i think we should meet up in front right by the entrance.
  • Set
    Crewman

by Set » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:56 pm

My cabinmate & I and possibly one other will be there! :headbanger:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:04 pm

MADDA wrote:i thought so. so that people don't stop looking at the post or get lost. i think we should meet up in front right by the entrance.

Fair enough. There's still a bit of time before the party so we may need to remember to bump the thread every now and then to keep it from fading into forum purgatory.
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:07 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    MADDA wrote:i thought so. so that people don't stop looking at the post or get lost. i think we should meet up in front right by the entrance.

Fair enough. There's still a bit of time before the party so we may need to remember to bump the thread every now and then to keep it from fading into forum purgatory.

ill post almost nude chicks periodically - the "for men" thread seems to be going very strong :lol:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    ill post almost nude chicks periodically - the "for men" thread seems to be going very strong :lol:

I like that thread!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:09 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:

I like that thread!

pssst me too
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:10 pm

my personal favorite thread
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:03 pm

If anyone is interested in another SoCal meetup on short notice, I'm going to see Watain and Goatwhore at the Whisky a Go Go on Friday (November 19). Send me a message if you are interested in meeting up.

:beerhorns:
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:32 pm

mooyagi wrote:If anyone is interested in another SoCal meetup on short notice, I'm going to see Watain and Goatwhore at the Whisky a Go Go on Friday (November 19). Send me a message if you are interested in meeting up.

:beerhorns:

dont like Goatwhore - im still saving up for this trip so im saving as much as possible. Plus im saving up for MDF :cheers:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Bump! Just so you folks don't forget, and if there is any new forum member from SoCal.

Also, Blind Guardian is playing in Hollywood on Thursday, Dec 9th.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:52 pm

mooyagi wrote:Bump! Just so you folks don't forget, and if there is any new forum member from SoCal.

Also, Blind Guardian is playing in Hollywood on Thursday, Dec 9th.

I might go to this show, but I'm not sure (have no one to go with, we can totally be BFFs if I show up though). I work Friday mornings at 8:00 though, so it's all going to be whether I'm feeling up to it or not. Might just pass and wait the TWO MONTHS (and one day) until the cruise starts.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:59 pm

I bought my ticket last night, so I'm definitely going. I've also got to work Friday morning, though I'll probably just end up taking the day off. I wish bands would play in the South Bay. Getting to and from Hollywood/West Hollywood for every show can be a massive pain in the ass, especially during heavy traffic hours.
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:55 am

mooyagi wrote:I bought my ticket last night, so I'm definitely going. I've also got to work Friday morning, though I'll probably just end up taking the day off. I wish bands would play in the South Bay. Getting to and from Hollywood/West Hollywood for every show can be a massive pain in the ass, especially during heavy traffic hours.

Metro! All the venues are actually really close to the metro highland station so its actually quite convenient

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I bought my ticket last night, so I'm definitely going. I've also got to work Friday morning, though I'll probably just end up taking the day off. I wish bands would play in the South Bay. Getting to and from Hollywood/West Hollywood for every show can be a massive pain in the ass, especially during heavy traffic hours.

Metro! All the venues are actually really close to the metro highland station so its actually quite convenient

Good idea, thanks. I'll have to look into that. I wonder how long a trip from (South) Redondo Beach takes, though.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:26 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:

Good idea, thanks. I'll have to look into that. I wonder how long a trip from (South) Redondo Beach takes, though.

we will accept no excuses, we regularly make the 220 mile round trip drive down to Sunset from Bakersfield for shows
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    we will accept no excuses, we regularly make the 220 mile round trip drive down to Sunset from Bakersfield for shows

Haha okay you win! I used to make the trip from Santa Barbara, so coming from Redondo is really nothing. Traffic just really, really has a tendency to piss me off more than anything else, and it's always bad going from Redondo to Hollywood. Especially all the extra slow people that SoCal seems to attract/produce. I like to get from point A to point B as fast as humanly possible and anybody in my way is going to get very acquainted with my horn and middle finger.
  • Set
    Crewman

by Set » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:48 pm

I'll be going to that show as well. I have to work that day, and the next morning. Should be fun :headbanger:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:54 am

So it looks like so far we have myself, Set and maybe Ecliptica (Come on! Make the trip) going to the Blind Guardian show on the 9th. Anyone else?
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:17 am

mooyagi wrote:So it looks like so far we have myself, Set and maybe Ecliptica (Come on! Make the trip) going to the Blind Guardian show on the 9th. Anyone else?

We will be at BG as well, I am pretty sure Margie (AKA Godess of Metal) will be there as well.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:39 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:So it looks like so far we have myself, Set and maybe Ecliptica (Come on! Make the trip) going to the Blind Guardian show on the 9th. Anyone else?

We will be at BG as well, I am pretty sure Margie (AKA Godess of Metal) will be there as well.

Excellent! Looks like we are getting a pretty good group going. We should all meet up for drinks beforehand. Any suggestions on a good place to do so? It looks like there's a brewhouse connected to the venue.

http://www.bluepalmsbrewhouse.com/pages/home.html
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:12 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

Excellent! Looks like we are getting a pretty good group going. We should all meet up for drinks beforehand. Any suggestions on a good place to do so? It looks like there's a brewhouse connected to the venue.

I'm down for drinks, I really leaning towards not staying for the show though. My life is too busy for fun until the cruise starts, wompwomp
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:13 pm

as promised - periodic hot pics :lol:

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Holy shit! humunna humunna
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:25 pm

I don't think I've ever wanted to be a horse as much as I do right now.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:49 am

BUMP.

So I decided that I might as well make the trip over (unless it's absolutely freezing, I have a motorcycle and it's been getting cooooooold lately) but I'm not seeing ANY tickets under like $70. Is this right?! I was seriously hoping to get tickets at the door. Did this thing sell out?

I'll still meet up for drinks now and everything. I mean, I like Blind Guardian, but not enough to drop $70 (for cheap tickets) to see them when I'll be seeing them again in a month.

EDIT: Just went to the Music Box's actual website. It says $33 at the door. For $33, I'll go. I don't know why I can't find actual tickets online for cheaper than $70 though. So weird.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:21 am

Ecliptica wrote:BUMP.

So I decided that I might as well make the trip over (unless it's absolutely freezing, I have a motorcycle and it's been getting cooooooold lately) but I'm not seeing ANY tickets under like $70. Is this right?! I was seriously hoping to get tickets at the door. Did this thing sell out?

I'll still meet up for drinks now and everything. I mean, I like Blind Guardian, but not enough to drop $70 (for cheap tickets) to see them when I'll be seeing them again in a month.

EDIT: Just went to the Music Box's actual website. It says $33 at the door. For $33, I'll go. I don't know why I can't find actual tickets online for cheaper than $70 though. So weird.

Yeah, that is weird. I ordered my tickets online the week of Thanksgiving. I can't remember from where, but I think it was a link from the Moshking website. Also, there is no way I will ever accept anybody in greater Los Angeles (except in the mountains) complaining that it's been cold lately. The past couple days in my area have been in the high 60s and the lowest it's gotten has been the mid 40s. It's in the mid 50s right now at about 130am. I believe LA proper hit 42 Thanksgiving night, which again, is not cold. I understand it's a little chilly for a motorcycle but it's completely manageable. I'm from New England originally and I just laugh at all the people bundled up because it's less than 50 degrees at night. Fucking wimps.

I have no clue what time I'm showing up. My ticket says doors are at 7. I'm definitely going to hit up that little brewhouse that's connected to the venue first. I have to work all day, so the time I show up is very dependent on what time I roll into work in the morning. That and traffic. Evil, evil traffic.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:51 am

I don't have to work that afternoon (giving my athletes the day off) so I might roll in around 5:00ish. I've never been to this venue before and I definitely want to hit up the brewhouse as well.

I'll send everyone my phone number/contact info sometime next week so we can all coordinate.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:43 am

mooyagi wrote:I don't think I've ever wanted to be a horse as much as I do right now.

Fixed :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:44 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:12 am

All right, I'm getting myself pumped up for this show on Thursday. Unfortunately, I'm not the biggest BG fan ever and I checked the setlist they've been playing this tour and only recognize like 8 of the songs out of the 15 they play. I very, very rarely go to shows -- my concert-going life has pretty much consisted of Sonata Arctica and Turisas a million times each and Symphony X like 8 years ago -- so I'm going to feel pretty dumb not knowing every lyric to every song when y'all are singing along.

Anyway, my Facebook is here --> http://www.facebook.com/gclayman

Friend me/message me/whatever and I'll give you my phone number. I'm going to go down there tomorrow to buy the ticket in person and check out the venue. Like I said earlier, never been down that way and I really want to see what it's like.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:07 pm

That was hilarious Rob...of course of course ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    dstrbd1
    Crewman

by dstrbd1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:55 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I don't think I've ever wanted to be a horse as much as I do right now.

Fixed :lol:

To damn funny! Loved the added caption. :lol:
    Trust no one
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Went down to the venue today, pretty nice place. Got a ticket for the floor, I figured the balcony wouldn't be metal enough.

I actually really enjoy the opening band, Seven Kingdoms. They're about as cheesy power metal as it gets but that's the type of stuff I'm into. Just hoping not to embarrass myself by not knowing any BG songs after 'Nightfall in Middle Earth' :cool: :cool:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Went down to the venue today, pretty nice place. Got a ticket for the floor, I figured the balcony wouldn't be metal enough.

I actually really enjoy the opening band, Seven Kingdoms. They're about as cheesy power metal as it gets but that's the type of stuff I'm into. Just hoping not to embarrass myself by not knowing any BG songs after 'Nightfall in Middle Earth' :cool: :cool:

You're not really missing too much then. The two albums after Nightfall were pretty sub-par in my opinion, although the newest one is very, very good.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:47 pm

So what time is everyone planning on getting to the Music Box tomorrow? I have to work all day so for me it's entirely dependent on what time I can duck out of the office and how long it'll take to get to Hollywood from near the Airport. I mentioned the brewhouse next to the venue before. Is that a place where we all could plan on meeting?

Locked 190 posts