Locked 64 posts
Head Banging Contest
    viathyn
    Commander

Re: Head Banging Contest

by viathyn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:48 am

KevinP wrote:
    viathyn wrote:My hair is really curly.. when we play live I have to put a lot of product in it to keep it from becoming afro-esque. Due to this, there is a lot of extra weight in my hair.. when I headbang I actually get a bit of whiplash and my neck is fucked for the next 2-3 days haha

And for some reason I can`t windmill and play at the same time. Lots of side-to-side banging haha

Did the sparkly rainbow music curl your hair or was it genetic ? :lol: :P :mrgreen:

bahahahaha just saw this (several weeks late, I know). Combination of both I believe... had to go get a big tub of brown hair dye to get my hair back to the normal colour after each pink (and sparkly) hair changing experience on stage.

Curls are from my old man. :D
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:15 pm

*bump*

*stretching neck*

I'm so fucking ready!

:shred: :shred: :shred: :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:11 pm

asmegin wrote:*bump*

*stretching neck*

I'm so fucking ready!

:shred: :shred: :shred: :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:

***cracks knuckles*** i am ready to kick back and judge!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:59 pm

I still think this contest will be un-fair for the short-hairs like myself. Not my fault I have to work in an image-conscious business :|

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:I still think this contest will be un-fair for the short-hairs like myself. Not my fault I have to work in an image-conscious business :|

As long as males with long hair have it pulled back, clean and tidy it shouldn't matter. :evil: Stupid really!
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:06 pm

Evican wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:I still think this contest will be un-fair for the short-hairs like myself. Not my fault I have to work in an image-conscious business :|

As long as males with long hair have it pulled back, clean and tidy it shouldn't matter. :evil: Stupid really!

Hah, wear I work, it is frowned upon to even have any facial hair..... the only exception really is a regular old-fashioned mustache :roll:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm rockin' the Mr. Clean look these days, with some type of wanna-be goatee. I'm not a fan of headbanging, except when I get my 7 yr old to do it as a joke with a Rock Band guitar :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

Speaking of which I have to upload that to Facebook one of these days.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Evican wrote:

It doesn't even need to be pulled back. The business world needs to get with the fucking times. Glad I don't have to cut mine. I would raise a huge stink about it if the subject ever even came up.

:shred:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman

by VikingGirl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 am

It looks like ShoreSlayer is set to win this contest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iQ93L0jV6c

:metalguy:
    Eva

Cabin #1570
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:07 am

VikingGirl wrote:It looks like ShoreSlayer is set to win this contest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iQ93L0jV6c

:metalguy:

Damn that clip is sure making the rounds.

Using that to give myself permission to double post this one since it is appropriate to the thread discussion:

The sound on it is a little low so prepare to turn up a bit (not a joke attempted to cause a freak out like some other vids, just a helpful suggestion)
    Headbanging in the news
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 am

So... Was anyone declared the winner? ;)

:shred:
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:22 pm

I don't think there was one.

I must say that Dave is a great headbanger but I could give him a run for his money if I had the opportunity... the only thing is, since I have short hair it doesn't look at 'cool'.... but I don't care... it pleases me to do it when the music fits to me!

Him and I may have one yet. We shall meet again! :D

BANG YOUR HEAD! :shred:

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:I don't think there was one.

I must say that Dave is a great headbanger but I could give him a run for his money if I had the opportunity... the only thing is, since I have short hair it doesn't look at 'cool'.... but I don't care... it pleases me to do it when the music fits to me!

Him and I may have one yet. We shall meet again! :D

BANG YOUR HEAD! :shred:

there are several vids of David headbanging ...we just gotta get a few of you then we can vote online LOLOLOL
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Dave was displaying some serious head banging action while at karaoke too!

There's a video on YouTube that someone took on Epica at the pool deck on the second night that you can see me headbanging in too! :lol: :headbanger:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Evican wrote:Dave was displaying some serious head banging action while at karaoke too!

There's a video on YouTube that someone took on Epica at the pool deck on the second night that you can see me headbanging in too! :lol: :headbanger:

Headbanging during EPICA? I hope it was during a part where Simone wasn't singing. That's for Kevin. :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:53 pm

rhiawiz wrote:Headbanging during EPICA? I hope it was during a part where Simone wasn't singing. That's for Kevin. :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

You make it sound like they aren't heavy!! :P They are heavy and yes, most of the time it was when Simone wasn't singing and she too was headbanging.

:deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Evican wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:Headbanging during EPICA? I hope it was during a part where Simone wasn't singing. That's for Kevin. :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

You make it sound like they aren't heavy!! :P They are heavy and yes, most of the time it was when Simone wasn't singing and she too was headbanging.

:deathmetal: :deathmetal:

they didn't have a heavy sound at the Chorus Line stage (in my opinion anyway)! i have heard them on disk and they sounded heavier in recordings than they did live. of all the bands on the ship i thought they had the worst sound, i just thought it sounded hollow. i have heard from others that i'm on crack, maybe a little LOL.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:44 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    Evican wrote:Dave was displaying some serious head banging action while at karaoke too!

Headbanging during EPICA? I hope it was during a part where Simone wasn't singing. That's for Kevin. :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

Nice :mrgreen: The swarm of bees appreciates your offering :viking:

And now the Rhiannon .vs Rachael smackdown is underway. This should be good (please don't disappoint us)

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

Nice :mrgreen: The swarm of bees appreciates your offering :viking:

And now the Rhiannon .vs Rachael smackdown is underway. This should be good (please don't disappoint us)

Distractions!...seems I can get away with my EPICa FAIL... ;)

Anyway...back on topic...headbanging...I sure did my part during (geeh) Epica and Fear Factory...pretending I had long hair. My virtual hair... :P Too bad it runs in the family...but it does save me precious time in the morning....which can now be spend for sleeping. ;)
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:12 pm

sorry Rachael i couldn't resist - and after many of kevin's bee swarm stings lately i was inclined to dish a little out.

at any rate, there are way worse bands out there than Epica, so jam out my friends....i'll be napping w/Kevin.
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Why thank you! Why I do appreciate your kind words, that was child's play for me. (A bit of an ego, i know)

I'd say my best performance was when I was at the back between the balcony and floor at the while watching Amon Amarth at the chorus line.
    Metalho and her friend were next to me (didn't know at the time) and she can confirm this.

Also did a shot of this video during exodus.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZRbWdqKEzU
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:03 pm

asmegin wrote:

Why thank you! Why I do appreciate your kind words, that was child's play for me. (A bit of an ego, i know)

I'd say my best performance was when I was at the back between the balcony and floor at the while watching Amon Amarth at the chorus line.
    Metalho and her friend were next to me (didn't know at the time) and she can confirm this.

Also did a shot of this video during exodus.

i haven't seen much better than you David! you rock headbanging and windmilling, it helps to be a spazz huh!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:59 am

rhiawiz wrote:Also did a shot of this video during exodus.

i haven't seen much better than you David! you rock headbanging and windmilling, it helps to be a spazz huh![/quote]
    Great vid lol!! Adding to my 70K Youtube Favs for sure!

I heard there was one guy on the ship who thought he could outbang ya but the 2 of you never actually crossed paths :lol:

(I had a whole shitload of fun at David's expense leaving him crank phone msgs in his cabin from a make believe banger who claimed he could windmill, do 2 guitar solos and juggle bowling pins all at the same time. Would've liked to have milked it a little longer but David caught me with a trick question)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:15 am

rhiawiz wrote:sorry Rachael i couldn't resist - and after many of kevin's bee swarm stings lately i was inclined to dish a little out.

at any rate, there are way worse bands out there than Epica, so jam out my friends....i'll be napping w/Kevin.

:cry: You really need to work on your smack talk. Once that improves I will grant you a NAP. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Locked 64 posts