Locked 57 posts
Black metal and Female fronted metal bands for the cruise
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

Black metal and Female fronted metal bands for the cruise

by SatansWrath » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:06 am

Well its 5 more bands left , HOPEFULLY Turisas will play maybe cradle of filth (couldnt care less)

There is alot of Trash and folk metal, a couple of Death to much power (in my taste, only one thats acctually good is Sabaton;)

But how about some female fronted metal bands, OR another black metal band? For sure we have Epica with their gorgeous singer, and Cripper might just be me that would like to wish in either Sirenia, Nightwish, Leaves eyes, After forever etc

And some more black metal please, I bet Sear bliss wouldnt be that expensive, but they do fucking awsome metal, also a vote for Dimmu Borgir, immortal Satyricon or Ragnarock

Dont know about you guys but what say you ? :death:
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
  • Metalwrath

Re: Black metal and Female fronted metal bands for the cruise

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:15 am

The reason there aren't many female fronted metal bands booked is because very few good ones exist.
    Having said that i think it'd be awesome if Doro or Warlock would get booked.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:17 am

I definitely agree. I am all about power metal but I think there is enough, I feel bad for all the death/black metal fans. It would be nice to see another female fronted band, After Forever would be too much to ask for but any of those others mentioned or even Revamp would be awesome.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:28 am

Metalwrath wrote:The reason there aren't many female fronted metal bands booked is because very few good ones exist.

there's room for another traditional heavy metal band - but I'd understand the complaining if three out of the remaining five were heavy/power metal bands
    Doro is great - in recent years, the Doro/Warlock gigs belong to the most entertaining shows (for me)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 am

DOOM!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:38 am

there's room for doom, too ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 am

I don't mind if a Doom metal band is booked.
    It gives me time to get drunk instead of spending time in the stage areas :P
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:45 am

No good female fronted metal bands???? Nightwish, Sirenia, Leaves Eyes, Midnattsol, Therion, Deadlock, Tristania, Vision of Atlantis, Trail of Tears, Imperia, within Temptation, Unsun, Delain, Theatre of Tragedy, etc... You are kidding. Doro(Warlock) i have no interest maybe 25 yrs ago there is way to much power metal but hey 3 stages wont worry about raven, saxon, rage, sanctuary, nevermore, blind guardian, sabaton... but yes only Marduk as black metal there should be a few more like that i agree to much power metal oh what i call most of those bands over the hills metal
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 am

Being a fan of lots of female-fronted bands, there are some I'd like to see on the cruise.

ReVamp
    The closest thing to After Forever as this is the new band of Floor Jansen. Amazing live band.

Delain
    Another pretty Dutch redhead. The thing is though, they really should get Marco Hietala to do the male vocals live as he does on records.

System Divide
    A pretty redhead is this too. :mrgreen: Miri (ex-Distorted) handling the female vocals and Sven of Aborted the male ones.

The Gathering
    Obviously we should get The Gathering with Anneke - or Anneke's own band Agua de Annique - but Silje is quite good too. Maybe TG and Silje's old band Octavia Sperati?

I think Within Temptation would fit the cruise just fine, but they're releasing their next album in March and Sharon is apparently pregnant again so they won't be coming. Maybe some less well known bands like Embassy of Silence, Ansoticca or Elysion would do.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:52 am

Metalwrath wrote:The reason there aren't many female fronted metal bands booked is because very few good ones exist.

Warlock doing Triump and Agony in its entirely would be amazing :shock:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:

Yeah it would.
    Have seen 2 Warlock reunions.
    One last year at Metalway in Spain and one at Wacken in 04.
    Both amazing shows
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:02 am

sar01061969 wrote:No good female fronted metal bands???? Nightwish, Sirenia, Leaves Eyes, Midnattsol, Therion, Deadlock, Tristania, Vision of Atlantis, Trail of Tears, Imperia, within Temptation, Unsun, Delain, Theatre of Tragedy, etc... You are kidding. Doro(Warlock) i have no interest maybe 25 yrs ago there is way to much power metal but hey 3 stages wont worry about raven, saxon, rage, sanctuary, nevermore, blind guardian, sabaton... but yes only Marduk as black metal there should be a few more like that i agree to much power metal oh what i call most of those bands over the hills metal

New singer for Nightwish is fucking terrible.
    And most of the bands you have mentioned are pretty bad and horribly generic.
    As for Therion yes they do have female singers but isn't the main vocalist still male? :roll:
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:06 am

sar01061969 wrote:No good female fronted metal bands???? Nightwish, Sirenia, Leaves Eyes, Midnattsol, Therion, Deadlock, Tristania, Vision of Atlantis, Trail of Tears, Imperia, within Temptation, Unsun, Delain, Theatre of Tragedy, etc... You are kidding. Doro(Warlock) i have no interest maybe 25 yrs ago there is way to much power metal but hey 3 stages wont worry about raven, saxon, rage, sanctuary, nevermore, blind guardian, sabaton... but yes only Marduk as black metal there should be a few more like that i agree to much power metal oh what i call most of those bands over the hills metal

Wow, you just listed almost all my favourite bands there. I like the lineup so far, but if Sirenia or Midnattsol were booked, it'd make this cruise sooo much better for me.
  • lacunabliss
    Crewman

by lacunabliss » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 pm

I aggree 100% I would love to see female fronted bands that I haven't seen before like Delain, Unsun, Deadlock, Trails of Tears, Tristania, Revamp, Ashes of Erin, etc
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Wow generic female metal LOL ??? Holy shit metal wrath your picture is that cher or some other generic chic from the 80s
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:09 pm

DrAmygdala wrote:

Wow, you just listed almost all my favourite bands there. I like the lineup so far, but if Sirenia or Midnattsol were booked, it'd make this cruise sooo much better for me.

MIDNOTTSOL!!!!!

I'm a sucker for female fronted bands. Just love em.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Metalwrath wrote:

As for Therion yes they do have female singers but isn't the main vocalist still male? :roll:

Though I grew up listening to Tarja in Nightwish, I thought the new singer was a nice of fresh of breath air. I wouldn't want another clone taking over Tarja.

I can see what you mean by generic with some of the bands but they are good at what they do.
    Cabin # 6072
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Deadlock - Seriously?! They're like a slightly heavier Flyleaf.
    Visions Of Atlantis - Nightwish rip-off.
    Leaves Eyes - Boring live.
    Within Temptation - Probably the most likely out of any female fronted band mentioned above to be booked.
    Therion - WIN!! But not female fronted.
    Nightwish - I would love to see them again, but horribly unlikely that they get booked.

As much as I hate missing out on seeing After Forever before they split, ReVamp would suffice!
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:58 pm

If only After Forever were still around, they'll be perfect for the cruise. Hell Revamp would be awesome too.
    Cabin # 6072
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:00 pm

asmegin wrote:If only After Forever were still around, they'll be perfect for the cruise. Hell Revamp would be awesome too.

Well Epica are on the cruise and have ties with Floor. And if Blackguard can get a spot on the boat, so can ReVamp!
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    CsarG
    Oiler

by CsarG » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:04 pm

Metalwrath wrote:

If u don't like those bands doesn't mean they are bad. Your likes aren't universal. Theatre of Tragedy created an entire and different genre, Delain is a project where many important artists have played, Nightwish keeps being a good band band 'cause the main songwriter is still there and still has interesting ideas. Deadlock is an excellent Canadian band which has amazing and creative riffs and melody compositions. Tristania and Sirenia were great at the first years, Morten Veland still has one or two cool riffs, yet not the same. Even though, he keeps doing new interesting projects. Sharon den Adel has one powerful and impressive voice which can jut be known if you have seen her on stage.

What does make them generic? A woman singing?!

More good (Not saying I like'em all but I recognize they have something) female fronted bands:

Stream of Passion, Theatres des Vampires, Mortal Love, The Agonist, Otep, Kittie, The Gathering, Draconian, Nemhain (not that really good but they have sticky songs), Elis (RIP Sabine), Sanguine, Lacuna Coil, Echoes of Eternity, Angtoria, Nemesea, Macbeth, Aesma Daeva (AMAZING ONE), Autumn, Cadaveria, Krypteria, Xandria, Dreams of Sanity, Silentium, Darzamat, Magica...

The list can't be generic now with many different genres there (:

Yep, there are good female fronted bands, and definitely there should be more in the cruise. Black Metal and Doom needs more members too. Sadly there are so few places to fill now.
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:07 pm

This is turning to a Holy Wars, geeez.
    Cabin # 6072
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Can't believe I forgot Aesma Daeva! I used to speak to the guitarist on MySpace a while back. Nice guy! And Draconian can conrtibute to the DOOM!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:

Yeah it would.
    Have seen 2 Warlock reunions.
    One last year at Metalway in Spain and one at Wacken in 04.
    Both amazing shows

Wacken '04 must have been the year with the orchestra - that was HUGE: Warlock AND then Doro with orchestra
    wishlist '20:
    CsarG
    Oiler

by CsarG » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:26 pm

asmegin wrote:This is turning to a Holy Wars, geeez.

xD A war is not my intention. I just think its illogic to say that a band or a genre is bad just 'cause you don't like it. Even more when you know those bands have good stuff. And saying there are not good female fronted bands is like saying "bands with a keyboard player" or "bands with a midget on em" It's too damn ambiguous.

And yep Aesma Daeva is a very unique and awesome band (: I so want to see them on stage.
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:29 pm

CsarG wrote:
    asmegin wrote:This is turning to a Holy Wars, geeez.

xD A war is not my intention. I just think its illogic to say that a band or a genre is bad just 'cause you don't like it. Even more when you know those bands have good stuff. And saying there are not good female fronted bands is like saying "bands with a keyboard player" or "bands with a midget on em" It's too damn ambiguous.

And yep Aesma Daeva is a very unique and awesome band (: I so want to see them on stage.

:? haha

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Evican wrote:Can't believe I forgot Aesma Daeva! I used to speak to the guitarist on MySpace a while back. Nice guy! And Draconian can conrtibute to the DOOM!

If you are referring to the one guitarist from Aesma Daeva, Earl Root, he was one of my best metal comrades and unfortunately he is no longer with us - damned cancer! i don't think they are well known enough to play, and they are on hiatus right now anyways, don't know if the other guitarist songwrite John wants to do the project anymore.

Anneke is a great singer, but her new project Aqua de Annique is pretty horrible.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:38 pm

rhiawiz wrote:If you are referring to the one guitarist from Aesma Daeva, Earl Root, he was one of my best metal comrades and unfortunately he is no longer with us - damned cancer! i don't think they are well known enough to play, and they are on hiatus right now anyways, don't know if the other guitarist songwrite John wants to do the project anymore.

Anneke is a great singer, but her new project Aqua de Annique is pretty horrible.

No, not Earl, it was John. Oh wow, I didn't even know. :(
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Hey i am the one that likes the female fronted bands im the one that made the list, metal wrrath from ireland said that female fronted bands are generic NOT ME!!!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:47 pm

CsarG wrote:Silentium

Ha, how could I forget Silentium. I'm even friends with the band. :D
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Metalwrath wrote:

I'm with you there, mate. I can't get behind whiney, prissy, drab gothic "metal". None of these bands (barring old Nightwish and Therion of course) have any energy.

When it comes to female fronted metal, give me some Crystal Viper, Chastain, Black Knight, Messiah Force, Arkona, that kind of stuff!
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:16 am

CsarG wrote:If u don't like those bands doesn't mean they are bad. Your likes aren't universal.

You've clearly yet to be properly introduced to our Irish friend.

There is only ONE metal way and it is The Way of the Wrathster! :headbanger:

And so it is written (or, umm, typed) :viking:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:49 am

I like this thread.It's getting pretty funny :lol:
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:56 am

You forgot to mention..

The Agonist! Prettiest female singer and one of the best female fronted bands.... the only match for them, and maybe even better band would be Arch Enemy of course :) Either one of these I would be happy...

Yes, they need some more black metal.... I have a good feeling Cradle of Filth would be on it.. but how about some new American Black Metal, Nachtmystium anyone?

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Element0s wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

I'm with you there, mate. I can't get behind whiney, prissy, drab gothic "metal". None of these bands (barring old Nightwish and Therion of course) have any energy.

When it comes to female fronted metal, give me some Crystal Viper, Chastain, Black Knight, Messiah Force, Arkona, that kind of stuff!

crystal viper has 1 or 2 good songs; The Last Axeman good but besides that meh

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:
    You forgot to mention..

The Agonist! Prettiest female singer and one of the best female fronted bands.... the only match for them, and maybe even better band would be Arch Enemy of course :) Either one of these I would be happy...

Yes, they need some more black metal.... I have a good feeling Cradle of Filth would be on it.. but how about some new American Black Metal, Nachtmystium anyone?

Ugh. I can't stand The Agonist. For a while, they happened to be at every single show I went to for a while and I just think they are fucking terrible. I could not escape them no matter where I went or who was headlining.

Nachtmystium would be a great addition, but with precious few spots left open I'd rather them fill it with a headliner quality band.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:11 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:
    You forgot to mention..

Ugh. I can't stand The Agonist. For a while, they happened to be at every single show I went to for a while and I just think they are fucking terrible. I could not escape them no matter where I went or who was headlining.

Nachtmystium would be a great addition, but with precious few spots left open I'd rather them fill it with a headliner quality band.

I have yet to see the agonist. I have to admit that I love there most current album. I think they are a solid band with good music and awesome vocalist.
    Cabin # 6072
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:17 pm

I could be wrong... but have a feeling there will only be 1, maybe 2, 'headlining quality type band' to be mentioned in the next 5.... Cradle would be one... I wouldn't bet they will have much more big unless they maybe get Slayer. ... for now it seems Testament is one of the most popular overall bands.... so anyways, there are 3 or 4 slots I'd say for 'non-headliners'... of course. who knows, anything could happen.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:20 pm

asmegin wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:
    You forgot to mention..

I have yet to see the agonist. I have to admit that I love there most current album. I think they are a solid band with good music and awesome vocalist.

I agree. The Agonist is solid. However if you do not like regular 'metal-metal' (as I call it), then you will not like them.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:24 pm

asmegin wrote:

Just a matter of personal opinion. Nothing about their music grabbed me. I really had Agonist overload for a bit, much like most of us will feel with Blackguard. This type of thread is one reason why I love metal. It's so diverse and there is plenty out there for any metalhead to love and hate.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Astarte yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPNKCpyAYlk&feature=related
    I should get around to updating my signature
Locked 57 posts