Locked 83 posts
Autograph sessions
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

Autograph sessions

by Malaka » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:35 am

Okay, this is the thread for cruisers who want to get shit signed. If you don't care about autographs, fine, great, that's nice... Honestly, neither do I, but I think the merch/albums look cooler with scribble marks all over it. :D So the purpose of this thread is to see who will get band stuff signed, and WHAT will you get signed?
    If they have a 70,000 Tons of Metal FLAG, I'm gonna try to get that signed by as many bands as possible... (I wish I still had my Jolly Roger. :cry: )
    I hope to get all my CD covers and DVD's signed by:
    Amon Amarth (+ Twilight of The Thunder Gods Flag that I already have on my wall)
    Nevermore
    Moonspell
    Fear Factory
    Unleashed (only 5 albums so far)
    Testament (4 albums so far)
    Marduk (4 albums so far)
    Obituary and Forbidden (1 album each so far)
    The autograph sessions probably won't last very long, so if you plan on getting your merch signed, be on time, and pack lightly! That being said, does anyone have anything unique that could be autographed???? A friend of mine once had a homemade wooden hatchet signed by Amon Amarth, I thought that was a cool little piece.
    :heavydrink:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

Re: Autograph sessions

by MitchTheMetalhead » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 am

Blind Guardian Live 3Pic-LP box set :)
    Demons and wizards album release mini poster
    Back patches for: Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Ensferum, Unleashed, Sodom
    Agent Steel 'unstoppable Force' LP
    Gamma ray 'No World Order' mini poster
    And... Some other stuff

My wife is a custom art framer so all this shit is gonna be framed with pics of us with the bands and hung up in my basement.
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 am

Blind Guardian - I've met the band before (obviously *points to picture*) and got their autographs but I'm sure to say g'day again

Dark Tranquillity - think I've still got the programme from the festival in 2004 in Greece (Rockwave) which was the only time I've seen them live. If I can find it, I'll take it for them to sign

Ensiferum - something, maybe just one of my cd booklets.

Epica - maybe an 8 x 10 of simone for her to sign hehehe

Gamma Ray - one of the earlier cds' booklets

Iced Earth - definitely want to get Jon to autograph my Sons of Libery cd!!

Sonata Arctica - again will take a cd booklet or 2!

Trouble - might see if I can dig up my old old old cassette of Psalm 9/The Skull.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:39 am

MitchTheMetalhead wrote:My wife is a custom art framer so all this shit is gonna be framed with pics of us with the bands and hung up in my basement.

That's what I'm talkin' about! NICE!!!!! :cheers: I feel very un-metal, like an autograph hound right now, but I'm really not. It's just that I like to have the memory/proof that I met these bands, we hung out, shared beers and stories, and had a really good time!!!! Any more anyone? :heavydrink:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:42 am

cowboy71 wrote:Epica - maybe an 8 x 10 of simone for her to sign hehehe

Yeah! :D Talk to Mitch and get an 8x10 with YOU and Simone and hang that shit up!!!! BOOM!!! :beerwink:
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:16 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    MitchTheMetalhead wrote:My wife is a custom art framer so all this shit is gonna be framed with pics of us with the bands and hung up in my basement.

That's what I'm talkin' about! NICE!!!!! :cheers: I feel very un-metal, like an autograph hound right now, but I'm really not

Hey man. Don't give a fuck to those idiots who say it's 'un-metal' to get autographs. I'm sure none of us plan to sell the shit we get signed on e-bay. Like you said their memories. Plus I'm sure the bands love doing autographs- they know they have been recognized as someone worth getting an autograph from...
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:23 am

+1! Yeah, I used to not give a shit about autographs... until my buddy showed me all his autographed albums, and then I was like, yeah, I need to get my stuff signed! It just looks cool. :lol:

I want to hear some input on some unique stuff though! Anybody got some collectibles? Demos? Insruments? Weird stuff?
    The things that have been posted are cool too, by the way! Fuck yes gentlemen! I hope to see a "post-cruise collectibles" thread in February 2011! :headbanger:
    And NO, I'm not selling anything. Especially not my flag, dammit. :D
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:34 am

Gnoff, that is an EPIC post on these forums! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I swear I've seen you before, either on tour, or on the television. I look forward to sharing a beer with ya! My name's Erik by the way. Cheers, and keep 'em coming folks! :trashdrink:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:11 am

I have a few Thor comics that I would love to get signed by bands like Amon Amarth, Tyr, Unleashed etc - so much awesome viking metal! This is one thing I've actually been meaning to look into - I love metal/rock memorabilia and slowly growing my collection for stuff I've gotten signed at concerts. Think I may look into picking up a few giant posters to get signed and then have framed :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:41 am

hmmm i guess i better can buy a scrapbook or something like that and get the band to sign, take picture and glue that above the john handcock
    yeah i'll think i'll do that!
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:43 am

I an definitely taking merch to get signed. Mostly Vinyls, but i also have a few tapes and dvds. I've always gotten merch signed never knew it was un-metal ... doesnt matter to me anyway
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:26 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:hmmm i guess i better can buy a scrapbook or something like that and get the band to sign, take picture and glue that above the john handcock

HA HA HAH AAAAA...........he said HANDCOCK!!!......where the hell you been my little Dutch de-railer??? :headbanger:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:49 am

just for the statistics: I don't intend to get anything signed
    (a 70'000 tons shirt or flag would be the only thing I could consider)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:46 am

I use to have a huge vinyl collection, but i had to see it. I use to have the bands actually sign the vinyl!!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:49 am

I don't have any vinyl, but I would be mad paranoid that it would get damaged in transit, then sitting in my room. It would be like a mental burden the entire time for me :lol:

Even bringing CD's for me feels like a total chore. I'll probably do some photos with the bands, but nothing signed.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:21 am

KevinP wrote:I don't have any vinyl, but I would be mad paranoid that it would get damaged in transit, then sitting in my room. It would be like a mental burden the entire time for me :lol:

Even bringing CD's for me feels like a total chore. I'll probably do some photos with the bands, but nothing signed.

I'm with ya on that! I don't plan on bringing anything special to be signed.

The Thor comics are a cool idea, though!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:36 am

debborah1 wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:hmmm i guess i better can buy a scrapbook or something like that and get the band to sign, take picture and glue that above the john handcock

HA HA HAH AAAAA...........he said HANDCOCK!!!......where the hell you been my little Dutch de-railer??? :headbanger:

hey deb, been busy over here.
    quite busy at work actually. therefor less time to keep up and when you loose the track it's hard to get on again!
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:47 am

KevinP wrote:I don't have any vinyl, but I would be mad paranoid that it would get damaged in transit, then sitting in my room. It would be like a mental burden the entire time for me :lol:

I leave the ACTUAL vinyl at home, and usually take just the sleeve within a plastic cover, with a 11-1/2 x 11-1/2 piece of cardboard for support.

Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Yep, for the most part, that's what I'll be doing. I'm leaving the actual discs at home and only bringing the sleeves or cases. I'll probably find a shoebox of something and put that in my luggage for transport. Just a lot of running back and forth to the cabin is what's gonna happen... because I'm not carrying that shit around all day. :?
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:52 pm

I have a carrying case for art (pretty big to accomodate sizes and really light) for when I go to comic expos to pick up artwork etc. It would be perfect for that but would probably be a huge pain in the ass to deal with at the airport etc when travelling. Damn.

Did I mention on here yet today HOW FUCKING EXCITED I AM FOR THIS CRUISE!!! :cheers: :heavydrink: :givebeer: :party: :mrgreen:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:56 pm

vikingbitch wrote:I have a carrying case for art (pretty big to accomodate sizes and really light) for when I go to comic expos to pick up artwork etc. It would be perfect for that but would probably be a huge pain in the ass to deal with at the airport etc when travelling. Damn.

Did I mention on here yet today HOW FUCKING EXCITED I AM FOR THIS CRUISE!!! :cheers: :heavydrink: :givebeer: :party: :mrgreen:

IM WITH YA SISTER!!!!!!!hellz yeah!!!! \m/
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:03 pm

I will be doing the same, bringing cd sleeves. I plan on getting as many autographs as can. I have a huge autograph collection already that I aquired myelf. Never bought any, never sold any, never will.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:09 pm

onenight wrote:I will be doing the same, bringing cd sleeves. I plan on getting as many autographs as can. I have a huge autograph collection already that I aquired myelf. Never bought any, never sold any, never will.

:cheers:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:43 pm

I wonder how much room in our suitcases there will be for clothes, necessities, etc if we're planning on taking memorabillia to get signed!

Let's see...

Album covers:
    Moonspell
    Amon Amarth
    Dark Tranquillity
    Iced Earth
    Finntroll
    Epica
    Sonata Arctica (Maybe)
    Ensiferum
    This list could grow depending on how many CDs I buy between now and the cruise..

Others:
    Dark Tranquillity Australian tour date poster from 2005
    Other random Epica things
    Last edited by Evican on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Fallujah-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:57 pm

I may even just get a notebook or something and get the bands that I like to put their autographs in it.

In 2004 when I did my huge 6 week journey around Europe, I had a tour diary where I just wrote down all stuff about where I went, what I did etc.

When I went to the Bang Your Head festival in Ballingen, I got my favourite band ever, MAGNUM, to autograph that.

One of my most treasured possessions :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    kramww
    Oiler

by kramww » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:08 pm

CD inserts are easy to pack, so that's a must for some bands. However, I would love it if they had individual band mini-posters with the 70k Tons logo on them much like Jager-sponsored bands have. I'm always a sucker for a framed signed poster on my wall.
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:12 am

im looking at packing a acoustic guitar... i cant play a single note... but hell... it will be scribbled full of b-shit:D

woot:P

cd's and that kind of stuff are hand bagage for me... so no cd's of lp's of shite... with a bit of bad luck my bags will be packed to the brim with wwe dvd's anyways...
    Psycho
    Crewman

by Psycho » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Already got Damien from Death Angel to sign me once. Body autograph are always cooler.
    My friend once asked this band's drummer to sign his toes =D

Of course you need to take pictures from it and after a shower it's gone, but it's the most fun, at least for me : )
    2011: #3529
    2012: #3547
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Psycho wrote:Already got Damien from Death Angel to sign me once. Body autograph are always cooler.

Of course you need to take pictures from it and after a shower it's gone, but it's the most fun, at least for me : )

I dont think that works too much with us hairy bros

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:38 pm

I'm gonna ask Simone can i sign her tits^^
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Metalwrath wrote:I'm gonna ask Simone can i sign her tits^^

its like your saying what were all thinking :lol:

Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:11 pm

uli jon roth to sign my guitar hero guitar
    "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever!"
    -Dan Daly USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood, France 1918

Cabin 6517- Who are my cabinmates?
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer

by Disco » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:29 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:+1! I want to hear some input on some unique stuff though! Anybody got some collectibles? Demos? Insruments? Weird stuff?
    And NO, I'm not selling anything. Especially not my flag, dammit. :D

I got an interesting story about a collectible I'm bringing to the signing session. Back in september my band played at a benefit in Detroit for a childrens hospital. One of the bands dropped off and my band was asked to play at the last minute. The bands on the bill were all punk but, we were the only band that wasn't. The venue was having a raffle so I was looking through the prizes to see what they had. They had a few vinyls they were giving away and one that caught my... Iced Earth Something Wicked Pt. 2 - The Crucible of Man. I asked the raffle guy how much he wanted for it. At first we he was a little hesitant because it was for the raffle but he let me buy it for $5. Mind you it's a band new vinyl which costs $20 but I lucked out. So I'm definitly getting that signed.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:48 pm

I would like to give Simone a pearl necklace on the cruise. :mrgreen:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:31 pm

I was at that Twisted Sister show, about in the middle, cannot see me. :) RIDE TO LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEE, LIVEEEEEEEEEEE TOOOO RIDEEEEEEEE Best Wacken EVER
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:40 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:I would like to give Simone a pearl necklace on the cruise. :mrgreen:

hahaha get in line Scotty
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:40 am

Psycho wrote:Already got Damien from Death Angel to sign me once. Body autograph are always cooler.

One of my friends at work had Nikki Sixx sign his forearm. Next day he went to a tattoo artist, so that autograph is stuck there.

Maybe I will bring some CD-covers for Fear Factory and Saxon to sign.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:46 am

I think I remember a guy who had Kerry King's autograph tattooed on him also. Kerry's signature is fucking cool looking too, plus it's Slayer, so that is approved. :beerhorns:

• FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:06 pm

I am definitely bringing some items to get signed!!!!!!!!! I do not think that it is "unmetal." If you are getting it signed for your personal collection, then that is cool -- and part of being a fan. If you are getting it signed to sell on Ebay, then that is pretty shitty!!! :death: :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Ronnie James Dio signed my bare ass cheek..... ;)
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
Locked 83 posts