Post Reply 331 posts
FORUM FAMILY ROLL CALL!!!
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

Re: FORUM FAMILY ROLL CALL!!!

by Amandroid » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:33 am

Making my response! I haven't been reading as often as I would like, but I've been recruited to The Forum so I might as well start now! Just a few more weeks to go...

I'll be attending with my boyfriend and a couple of other friends who are already regular posters 'round these parts. Looking forward to it!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:39 am

Amandroid wrote:Making my response! I haven't been reading as often as I would like, but I've been recruited to The Forum so I might as well start now! Just a few more weeks to go...

I'll be attending with my boyfriend and a couple of other friends who are already regular posters 'round these parts. Looking forward to it!

So I guess you and the bf are laying claim to numbers 123 & 124. Welcome! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:51 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Amandroid wrote:Making my response! I haven't been reading as often as I would like, but I've been recruited to The Forum so I might as well start now! Just a few more weeks to go...

So I guess you and the bf are laying claim to numbers 123 & 124. Welcome! :headbanger:

I'm quite certain he's already said something here! He loves the forum, I'm sure you've counted him already. He's Junkhead13. Captain Metal is one of our good Miami pals, we'll be hanging with him, his lady and another friend of ours. Amongst many others from the looks. :)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:55 am

Amandroid wrote:I'm quite certain he's already said something here! He loves the forum, I'm sure you've counted him already. He's Junkhead13. Captain Metal is one of our good Miami pals, we'll be hanging with him, his lady and another friend of ours. Amongst many others from the looks. :)

Ahh cool, gotcha! He already counted you both... my bad :cheers:

Next Post is # 123 :oops:

Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:14 am

I figured he might have... I'm just finally getting around to making any regular posts. I think I've actually been counted for various things via this forum without even actually realizing it... hah. Oh well, Just finally speaking up!

I figure it's only a few weeks until the Main Event, so I should start making some attempts to socialize and make the most of the cruise! We've never been on one, so I'm really excited. Especially with the metal thrown into the mix as well. :shred:
  • JP1
    Wiper

by JP1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:55 am

Hello!

I guess I'm #124? Cabin #? No idea. Just gonna wing it and sleep on the floor somewhere. Actually, I think we are near the pointy part of the boat, the front I think.

First post! I've been so busy with the birth of my daughter, soccer, work and Christmas that I had sort of put the cruise 'out-of-mind'.... until now. Now it's time to get excited! Three weeks!

I'm JP from Calgary, Alberta Canada. My buddy Randy and I will fly to Toronto and then down to Florida. My wife's mad as hell that I'm not bringing her but she not into Metal so she wouldn't have as much fun. I'll have to take her on another cruise to make it up to her.

I'm heavily involved with the metal community, I host a long-running Metal radio show and am a writer for one of the big Metal web-sites. It's going to be a working holiday!

Party on dudes!

JP
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:58 am

JP--Welcome! Which sites??
    Damn...there are WAY to many Canadians on this barge
    Pointy Part?? Ya must be from a landlocked province,eh?? The only boat I've been on is the one in our Mall!! LOL
    Note--a recreation of the Santa Maria..
    :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:00 pm

JP1 wrote:Hello!

I guess I'm #124? Cabin #? No idea. Just gonna wing it and sleep on the floor somewhere. Actually, I think we are near the pointy part of the boat, the front I think.

First post! I've been so busy with the birth of my daughter, soccer, work and Christmas that I had sort of put the cruise 'out-of-mind'.... until now. Now it's time to get excited! Three weeks!

I'm JP from Calgary, Alberta Canada. My buddy Randy and I will fly to Toronto and then down to Florida. My wife's mad as hell that I'm not bringing her but she not into Metal so she wouldn't have as much fun. I'll have to take her on another cruise to make it up to her.

I'm heavily involved with the metal community, I host a long-running Metal radio show and am a writer for one of the big Metal web-sites. It's going to be a working holiday!

Party on dudes!

JP

Fuck! another Canadian!

we welcome you despite your unfortunate geographical disadvantage :heavydrink:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:31 pm

JP1 wrote:I'm JP from Calgary, Alberta Canada. My buddy Randy and I will fly to Toronto and then down to Florida. My wife's mad as hell that I'm not bringing her but she not into Metal so she wouldn't have as much fun. I'll have to take her on another cruise to make it up to her.

Welcome JP!! There's quite a few of us from Calgary it seems for this cruise! Which metal website do you write for?

Disaster Area wrote:Fuck! another Canadian!

we welcome you despite your unfortunate geographical disadvantage :heavydrink:

:lol: the invasion has BEGUN. and you thought the Metalocalypse was bad, just wait for the Canuckocalypse (seriously just try to pronounce that lol)

although its beyond me why ANYONE would want to live in the states :roll: :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • JP1
    Wiper

by JP1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Yeah, living in the Great White North has it's disadvantages that's for sure..weather, isolation that's why I have to come to the South parts of North America for some fun!

I co-host a radio show called Megawatt Mayhem (CJSW 90.9FM) in Calgary. We are now just entering our 25th year. It's a magazine style show, with news, views, reviews and interviews. We have chatted with every one from Metallica to local bands like Samandriel and Viathyn, of which some of their members are coming on this very pirate adventure! Canuck invasion!

I am also one of the Senior (bragging!) Writers for http://www.Metal-Rules.com. It's one of the bigger, longer running sites on the web. I do mostly reviews. I think I'm the only staffer going so I HAVE to write something, it's too big not too. I've also done a bunch of other industry stuff over the years, including creating a Metal board game about 10 years ago...mostly just hanging out, drinking beer, krankin' Metal and having fun!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:50 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    :lol: the invasion has BEGUN. and you thought the Metalocalypse was bad, just wait for the Canuckocalypse (seriously just try to pronounce that lol)

although its beyond me why ANYONE would want to live in the states :roll: :lol:

You're all going to make your POWs live off of this stuff, aren't you? Gods that looks disgusting. You Canadians are a weird bunch.

I should get around to updating my signature
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:33 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    You're all going to make your POWs live off of this stuff, aren't you? Gods that looks disgusting. You Canadians are a weird bunch.

:lol: Disgusting? I can think of worse fates than being stuffed with poutine 'till the sweet (gravy covered) embrace of death arrives to whisk me away to some sort of culinary Valhalla.

Another Calgarian, huh? Where the hell were all you people when I lived there? ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:35 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    :lol: Disgusting? I can think of worse fates than being stuffed with poutine 'till the sweet (gravy covered) embrace of death arrives to whisk me away to some sort of culinary Valhalla.

Another Calgarian, huh? Where the hell were all you people when I lived there? ;)

I'll take my fries with ketchup, please. I'd be more worried about a Canadian invasion if you all just weren't so damned nice.
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Don't underestimate the Canadians. They already burnt down the White House once, it's just taking a while for them to gear up to do it again. :shock:

Maybe too much beer and poutine. Affects the motivation.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:07 pm

You should probably get some more modern weapons too. I don't think hockey sticks can stop too many armies in today's world ;)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:27 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote: :lol: Disgusting? I can think of worse fates than being stuffed with poutine 'till the sweet (gravy covered) embrace of death arrives to whisk me away to some sort of culinary Valhalla.

:lol: :cheers:

There aren't words for how much I loved and enjoyed that sentence. "Culinary Valhalla". Nice :D

And I agree, a new color would look good on the White House - we're friendly as long as we're not being fucked with :lol:

mooyagi wrote:You should probably get some more modern weapons too. I don't think hockey sticks can stop too many armies in today's world ;)

Well between our hockey sticks and poutine I think we'll be okay, especially with your ever growing obesity rate. Hockey sticks v. Fatties :lol: :P

Canada FTW. ;) :D
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:30 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Well between our hockey sticks and poutine I think we'll be okay, especially with your ever growing obesity rate. Hockey sticks v. Fatties :lol: :P

Canada FTW. ;) :D

Maybe if we had healthcare.... :evil:

Anyway, the extra blubber helps us out in the colder weather. Plus, at least this guy isn't our commander:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q83Jqd2h0Yg
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:40 pm

mooyagi wrote:Maybe if we had healthcare.... :evil:

Anyway, the extra blubber helps us out in the colder weather. Plus, at least this guy isn't our commander:

Ahhhh cross dressing Canadian Mounties. That definitely made my afternoon :lol:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:08 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

Ha! I watched the whole thing too, I had completely forgotten about that cartoony! Thanks Moog!
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Ha! I watched the whole thing too, I had completely forgotten about that cartoony! Thanks Moog!

Brought back lots of memories for myself as well. I loved the Rocky and Bullwinkle show.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Brodd wrote:#122
    Craig. Flying from Copenhagen, Denmark via Newark to Miami.

Craigs Unite! :heavydrink:

warrior86
    Oiler

by warrior86 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:08 pm

#whatever is next! Driving down from Boca Raton, FL Not too far away...
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:43 am

warrior86 wrote:#whatever is next! Driving down from Boca Raton, FL Not too far away...

Number 123 or 124. Somebody get the Penguin. We've lost the numbers.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:28 am

mooyagi wrote:
    warrior86 wrote:#whatever is next! Driving down from Boca Raton, FL Not too far away...

Number 123 or 124. Somebody get the Penguin. We've lost the numbers.

warrior is #124

Carry on :D

Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:52 am

# 125: Kay Meertens, from Wijlre, the Netherlands. Flying from Düsseldorf, Germany on the 23rd. Cabin 3604.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:27 am

Party on dudes!

JP

WELCOME JP!!.....and congrats to you and your little Mama on the birth of your new baby!!...That definatley counts as being a good enuff excuse not to have time for us here in the Forum lol......and just so you know....the statement you made above...."I'll have to take her on another cruise to make it up to her".......LMFAO....yuou have no clue what an "understeatement that is...lol.....you better beives she's gonna hold you to that5 one !!....WLCOME ABROAD!! OH......and you are #125
    Last edited by debborah1 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:40 am

Party on dudes!

JP

Greetings fellow Calgarian! Until now I thought the only ones from Calgary were myself and Marlo! I guess Viathyn counts too now since finishing school. That's awesome that you're so into the local scene, I've been trying to get more into the local scene but its sometimes hard to find out about shows. I am definitely a fan of Viathyn, Samandriel, Striker, 6 Guns Over Tombstone, Kobra and the Lotus, Divinity, Shadowblade, Sonorous Odium, etc. Someone should organise an Alberta wide preparty before the cruise, theres a good number of people from Edmonton and a couple from Calgary!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:05 am

BP's in Red Deer??? :givebeer:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 am

Jaimie38 wrote:BP's in Red Deer??? :givebeer:

/Makethread
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:BP's in Red Deer??? :givebeer:

/Makethread

That would be awesome actually! Unite the Albertans before this cruise - I like it :headbanger:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Albertans click here:
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1000
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:43 pm

CMON PEOPLE!!!....come out of hiding and show yourself here!!!.....who is #126?????? we have quite a few "LURKERS" on here.....dont be scurd!!!....stand up and be counted!!!!!!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:43 pm

CMON PEOPLE!!!....come out of hiding and show yourself here!!!.....who is #126?????? we have quite a few "LURKERS" on here.....dont be scurd!!!....stand up and be counted!!!!!!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    Brodd wrote:#122
    Craig. Flying from Copenhagen, Denmark via Newark to Miami.

Craigs Unite! :heavydrink:

Hehe, hell yeah :viking:
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    Zirconia
    Crewman

by Zirconia » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Sorry didnt realize I hadnt added to this list! I guess I'm #126!!
    Gal traveling from Ireland! :) :shred:
    2011, 2012, 2015 Survivor, BTH 2012 Survivor!!!! \m/\m/
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Zirconia wrote:Sorry didnt realize I hadnt added to this list! I guess I'm #126!!
    Gal traveling from Ireland! :) :shred:

AWESOME!!! Thanks Zirconia!! :headbanger:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Zirconia
    Crewman

by Zirconia » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Its Cliona! Nice to officially meet you! :)
    2011, 2012, 2015 Survivor, BTH 2012 Survivor!!!! \m/\m/
    Witch Bear
    Petty Officer

by Witch Bear » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Terribly sorry that I am so late. Winter is a more hectic time for a bear then you can imagine when not hibernating. I shall claim number #127 and if anyone has issue with it, then I shall be sure to adorn my hat with your skin

Thank you :death:
    Deck 666
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:01 pm

[quote="Witch Bear"]Terribly sorry that I am so late. Winter is a more hectic time for a bear then you can imagine when not hibernating. I shall claim number #127 and if anyone has issue with it, then I shall be sure to adorn my hat with your skin

Thank you :death:[/quote

Where are you traveling from, other than the wilderness.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Zirconia wrote:Its Cliona! Nice to officially meet you! :)

Nice to meet you too Cliona!!! :beerwink: :headbanger:

Witch Bear - WOW! Hybernating does wonders for your vocabulary!!!....its a miracle!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
Post Reply 331 posts