Locked 22 posts Page 1 of 1
Allowance of studded battle vests/accessories?
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

Allowance of studded battle vests/accessories?

by MitchTheMetalhead » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Reasonable question:

I plan to bring my (+3) studded denim 'battle vest' (of power :P )
    There are quite a few 3/4" pyramid studs, none that stand any higher then 1cm
    Will this be allowed or confiscated as a 'weapon'. Or how about those leather chokers with the big spikes?

I would hate to bring it to have it taken away... I work hard on my vest(s) and would like for you to all see my art :)
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

Re: Allowance of studded battle vests/accessories?

by Captain Metal » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 am

+3 Battle Vest Of Power? Is that good at deflecting damage from Orc swords or just merely Goblin weaponry? I shall role my 10 sided dice and find out! :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:18 am

Captain Metal wrote:+3 Battle Vest Of Power? Is that good at deflecting damage from Orc swords or just merely Goblin weaponry? I shall role my 10 sided dice and find out! :lol:

I just imagine him wearing it with the Caribbean sunset behind him and some red girly umbrella drink in hand :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:19 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the comments,(and FYI I like the taste of those girly drinks, they are just so rotten for my figure :roll: :lol: ) But it still doesn't answer my question...
    Does Admin have anything to say??
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:13 am

What about keys? I know it seems like a stupid question but i got a brews-key sewed onto my vest. i know it sounds weird but you really need to see it to understand it.
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:57 am

I say bring the vest. No one will make you remove your garments, this is a metal cruise damn it.
    That's not a weapon. You better bring it. FOR ART'S SAKE.
    I'm really hoping I can buy a viking-style helmet in the gift shop. :viking:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:47 pm

just tell them you're with the band (a band) and it's part of your stage gear lol :lol: :cheers: :givebeer:

i'd like to bring my studded arm bands, but really don't think they'd make it through security oh well :beerhorns: :shred:
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Just don't wear it through the airport. ~ And nothing says metal like girly umbrella drinks! If I was still swillin', I'd take that as a challenge! :mrgreen:
    I made the Devil do it.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi Mitch,

You can certainly bring it on the boat, I would just not wear it while going through security at boarding. The same counts for when you fly to Miami, of course. Pack it in your checked baggage.

As for wearing it on the boat: I have not seen it so it is hard to judge and in the end our very capable Security would make any decision. Use common sense. If you just walk around on the boat you can wear whatever you want. At the shows however, where people get pushed into each other anything that could hurt the person next to you is not a good idea. Then again, if you watch the shows in the theater from the balcony in the seated section, fine. Getting close to the stage, possible in a moshpit with that kind of gear = not a good idea.

I hope this helps.

Happy Holidays! :heavydrink:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:36 pm

Yeah i figured that'd be the situation.
    I usually wear studded leather gloves but guess of course in America they would consider that as a weapon blah blah.
    I'm only gonna bring onboard luggae while flying to Miami so i'm guessing it's better to just keep them at home than have to throw them in the bin at the airport?
  • someone123
    Oiler

by someone123 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Metalwrath wrote:studded leather gloves

Studs just across the cuff, or like fully studded?
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:35 am

LOL I wore 1 black shirt on the cruise I was on in 2008, it was sweltering into the 35 to 38 C temp and I quickly went and found a tank top in my cabin. So y'alls have fun in your 20 lb thick leather jackets and pants. I will bring my denim vest with patches and buttons but during the day will not be wearing leather pants (I think this is dumb unless you are in a band)
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:41 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:LOL I wore 1 black shirt on the cruise I was on in 2008, it was sweltering into the 35 to 38 C temp and I quickly went and found a tank top in my cabin. So y'alls have fun in your 20 lb thick leather jackets and pants. I will bring my denim vest with patches and buttons but during the day will not be wearing leather pants (I think this is dumb unless you are in a band)

does it have to be a real band or can it just be one of those " im in a band, but im looking for all the members, we have no songs but we got a logo already " kinda bands? :lol:

Im going to take a sweater just in case, i know Cozumel is having a cold year, mr. disaster area mentioned it somewhere earlier. Me being from the Valley, anything under 80f is cold to me.

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:LOL I wore 1 black shirt on the cruise I was on in 2008, it was sweltering into the 35 to 38 C temp and I quickly went and found a tank top in my cabin. So y'alls have fun in your 20 lb thick leather jackets and pants. I will bring my denim vest with patches and buttons but during the day will not be wearing leather pants (I think this is dumb unless you are in a band)

does it have to be a real band or can it just be one of those " im in a band, but im looking for all the members, we have no songs but we got a logo already " kinda bands? :lol:

Im going to take a sweater just in case, i know Cozumel is having a cold year, mr. disaster area mentioned it somewhere earlier. Me being from the Valley, anything under 80f is cold to me.

AMEN HECTOR!! lol....I thought about that too....Im sure it will be too chilly for bikini weather for me....HOWEVER!......a nice soak in a hot tub is MANDATORY
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:04 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:

AMEN HECTOR!! lol....I thought about that too....Im sure it will be too chilly for bikini weather for me....HOWEVER!......a nice soak in a hot tub is MANDATORY

Im in, for the bikini hot tub that is :lol:

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Presently, the night time lows in Cozumel are in the upper 50's (Fahrenheit), with highs around 70 degrees
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Presently, the night time lows in Cozumel are in the upper 50's (Fahrenheit), with highs around 70 degrees

Fuck, that's hoodie and jeans weather for me. :oops: :cry:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:48 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:Presently, the night time lows in Cozumel are in the upper 50's (Fahrenheit), with highs around 70 degrees

The temperatures of around 70 F are just fine, just like a typical Finnish summer. :D So a t-shirt and shorts for me. Agreed, 50 F is a bit low, might have to wear some camo pants instead of the shorts during nighttime.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:01 pm

hope they let me vest on board

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:hope they let me vest on board

OOOOHHHHHHHHH what a rush!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Shorts and Hoodie, since I've gotten used to the 15 degrees here.
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:49 pm

Since we will be there in the day time.... it will be around 70? that is shorts and t-shirt for me...... I get hot easily... I should move to Canada!!!! where I live is way too damn humid in the summer...... too bad the blizzard that just came missed us... BAltimore only had 1/2 " of snow... I was disappointed! :evil:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • Locked 22 posts Page 1 of 1