Locked 419 posts
Preparty Miami
    metalia
    Oiler

Preparty Miami

by metalia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:10 pm

What about a pre party in Miami ^^ Some of you came up with some ideas, lets share it here! :shred:
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Preparty Miami

by bangers » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:27 pm

yeh im super keen. Maybe dinner or something first to meet everyone from the forums then head to a metal club and get our drink on
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Actually, that was my idea. As far as that goes, I talked to the owner of the venue in question last night (WASP was playing there), and he was very much for the idea of a Pre-Party Show. Now I just have to put him in contact with the organizers of the cruise and let them work out the details.

Beyond this, if anyone else wants to chime in with ideas, then let's hear 'em
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • KK Cruiser
    Petty Officer

by KK Cruiser » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:59 pm

I say book a hotel and have a pool party with metal blasting!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:52 pm

yeah I am down

But you never know, the cruise might organize an "official" pre cruise party.....one can only hope. too bad we could not get a show together with a few bands playing but then again, I am not made of money!
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    reddevil
    Oiler

by reddevil » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:48 pm

that would be great...a pre-cruise...a neck warm-up :shred:

but I see our captain metal has everything under control and I just have faith in you eventhough you look a little bit like a bad captain on the pic :lol:

cheers
    reddevil
    Oiler

by reddevil » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:56 pm

...and of course a little bit neck stretching after the cruise...i will arrive with the metalfly and another metalpirate from the depth of swisshell on saturday evening and stay a week longer in miami (=perhaps in hospital :lol:

headbangers live longer!
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:47 am

we shud come up with a few more ideas
    and then get a poll crankin so that can decide for us whats the best option
    Room 3612
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:12 am

The ship sets sail on the 24th which is a Monday so we're talking about some festivities for Sunday night? Probably a great night for booking space as it's one of the less busy nights of the week for venues to try and fill. I'd be interested in people's various ideas for what to do and where but I'm leaning towards trusting our fine captain here since he's a local that works in the entertainment field and has already begun working on connecting folks. I'm not even sure if my travel plans will land me in Miami in time to participate but it'd be great to have the option.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:43 am

Would like to join the pre-party as well :viking:
    I can see clearly now, a painful vision indeed
    An attack on hallowed ground, from high above
    Alien to us, the species known as man
  • Metallion
    Oiler

by Metallion » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:31 am

Hell Yeah!

Me and my friends should be there the day before the ship takes off. Can't put to much faith in the airport system.
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:01 am

Husband and I are planning on arriving 2 days early, but one day at the least. Once we get out tickets we will see because I am so down for something like this. As long as I can get up and physically make it to the ship, I'm all for it.

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:02 am

I'm gonna try get there on the Friday and won't leave till the Tuesday after the cruise :viking:
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:05 am

Miami is gonna be infested with the likes of us! :twisted:

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
    metalia
    Oiler

by metalia » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:06 am

Captain Metal wrote:Actually, that was my idea. As far as that goes, I talked to the owner of the venue in question last night (WASP was playing there), and he was very much for the idea of a Pre-Party Show. Now I just have to put him in contact with the organizers of the cruise and let them work out the details.

Beyond this, if anyone else wants to chime in with ideas, then let's hear 'em

Yep I know, i didn't meant to steal your idea :lol: that's why I opened the subject here instead of talking about it everywhere ;)
    Blacktophat
    Crewman

by Blacktophat » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:17 am

I am sooooooooooooooooo in, :viking: lets start this off with a bang.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:25 pm

That, my friend, is the idea :viking:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:27 pm

I'll arrive Saturday morning in Miami. But I'll leave to Orlando on 28, as soon as I get my car.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Zeh- are you traveling alone? Drive safe! :) I lived in Orlando in '84
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:55 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Zeh- are you traveling alone? Drive safe! :) I lived in Orlando in '84

I'll be with my girlfriend, but with me behind the wheel. I'll drive safe and sober. I won't be cool to be arrested in USA.

A friend of mine visited Orlando in January, and she told the Orlandeans drive fast, above the limit. But I will probably drive like a pussy - not a good idea to be caught by the cops :)

Tell me Scott: Is it cold on that part of the year? I'm thinking in getting a convertible, but I would be glad to use it with some sun :mrgreen:
    Last edited by Zeh on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Actually that was one thing i was curious of.
    How tolerable are they of the usual drunken metal antics in public over in the states?
    Scott you've been to europe plenty of times so you'll probably understand what i mean :lol:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:20 pm

To Zeh: As far as the weather goes during that time of year, depending on whether or not a cold front has moved in, then it could possibly be cold.The worst being somewhere in the 30's (Fahrenheit), and that would be at night. Then again, it could also be in the 70's during the day and 50's to 60's at night, which is more common in January. Winter in Florida is generally much milder then the rest of the US since we're further South, so I wouldn't worry too much about the cold. Although I have to say this year was definitely much more chill then in recent years, even to the point of having snow flurries near where I live :shock:. Last time that happened was 1978

To Metalwrath: Public drunkeness might be tolerated depending on where you are and the type of shenanigans ye be up to. Being that you're a foreigner, they might be willing to go easy on you
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:47 pm

We are discussing various ideas at the moment. We will see if there is going to be an official pre-cruise party. This may involve some of our media partners. There might be several "pre-cruise parties"

It is too early to say.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Andy, check with Blake, as I sent him e-mail about the venue with contact information contained therein. If you need any other suggestions or assistance along these lines, then feel free to ask
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Andy wrote:We are discussing various ideas at the moment. We will see if there is going to be an official pre-cruise party. This may involve some of our media partners. There might be several "pre-cruise parties"

It is too early to say.

Andy is the Skipper! Does that mean Blake is Gilligan? :lol: J/K, Blake booked me in when I called early last month and booked.

several pre cruise parties? pub crawl anyone??????

Oh and you know they will be blasting metal between bands over the overhead....so please play "Walk The Plank" by Whiplash. Better yet....contact Whiplash ASAP and offer 'em a spot, I am sure they would take it. I saw them in New Jersey in 2001 at March Metal Meltdown festival....
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:00 pm

I guess that would make Allison "Mary Ann"

Several parties means I'm gonna have to give them a few more locations to add to the list if and when the time comes
  • JenAndPete
    Wiper

by JenAndPete » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 am

Some sort of pre-party would awesome. We haven't actually planned any dates or anything yet, but we´re gonna land in Miami a couple of days, a week maybe before the crusie. We're all about the drinking so any activities involving alcohol is right up our ally :heavydrink:
    2011 - Cabin #3024
    2012 - Cabin #8500
    SonataFanGirl
    Oiler

by SonataFanGirl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:07 am

I am more than up for a pre-party in Miami [and possible after-party]

What to make my first time in America the best ever :party:
    'For Heavy Metal We Will Die'
  • audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:16 am

Me and the husband are planning on driving down and being in Miami for a day or two beforehand. We are totally down for a pre-cruise warm up!
    I for sure think that we should have a forum gathering beforehand! I'm think a pub crawl or a party at the venue that Captain mentioned are my favorite options thus far. Of course, if the cruise has their own pre-party then that would be cool as well. At least there will be options!
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
  • audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:17 am

Captain Metal wrote:I guess that would make Allison "Mary Ann"

Several parties means I'm gonna have to give them a few more locations to add to the list if and when the time comes

You sir, are a champion! :viking:
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:02 am

audrey wrote:Me and the husband are planning on driving down and being in Miami for a day or two beforehand.
    Wow! You guys are driving from Acton to Miami?!!! Nice adventure! I briefly considered taking an extra week off and doing the major continental diagonal road journey but I'm sure my beater car would die on the way there if not on the way home. And I doubt I'd have the energy for the return trip after the cruise. You guys will have a blast traveling the coast though I'm sure! Cross-Country Metal Warriors!!

• audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:51 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    audrey wrote:Me and the husband are planning on driving down and being in Miami for a day or two beforehand.
    Wow! You guys are driving from Acton to Miami?!!! Nice adventure! I briefly considered taking an extra week off and doing the major continental diagonal road journey but I'm sure my beater car would die on the way there if not on the way home. And I doubt I'd have the energy for the return trip after the cruise. You guys will have a blast traveling the coast though I'm sure! Cross-Country Metal Warriors!!

Lol. Yes we are. We both love road trips. Good times. We then get to see the continent from a different perspective than some. We were going to fly, but meh. Flying is so unadventurous.
    I like that: Cross Country Metal Warriors! :beerhorns:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Driving here from Canada? Now that's brutal. I know what it's like, as I drove to the Milwaukee Metalfest on two seperate occasions in the span of one day :shock:

Good times :death:
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:26 am

pfft. Road trip! Thats nothing im gunna be swimming/walking over from australia!
    Room 3612
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:43 am

MAN OVERBOARD!!! (already?)

JayBlue
    Wiper

by JayBlue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Coooooool! A pre-cruise party in Miami would be just perfect! Count me in ;)
    70000 Tons of Metal 2011 Survivor
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Driving here from Canada? Now that's brutal. I know what it's like, as I drove to the Milwaukee Metalfest on two seperate occasions in the span of one day :shock:

Good times :death:

What years did you go? The only one I attended was in 1992. Had to sleep 1 night in the airport as all the hotels were booked for some business conventions. I remember waking up in the morning and seeing Rikki Ratchman standing all by his lonesome waiting for his plane. The more disturbing image/moment was him introducing CANCER a day earlier. "Hey everyone, give it up for CANCER" :roll: :roll: :roll:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Alkerias
    Oiler

by Alkerias » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:05 pm

My group will be down for some pre-cruise adventures as well. We have 4 of us driving over from New Mexico. We also want to arrive a few days early and stay a few days after. Might as well turn this into a proper vacation.
    Cabin #4029

2011 Survivor!

Wishlist 2012: Eluveitie::In Extremo::Moonsorrow::
    Arkona::Blood Stain Child::Satyricon::Kalmah::Nightwish::Heidevolk::Rhapsody of Fire::Leaves Eyes::Heaven Shall Burn::
    Kivimetsän Druidi::Hypocrisy::Chthonic
  • laRFex
    Oiler

by laRFex » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:42 am

JayBlue wrote:Coooooool! A pre-cruise party in Miami would be just perfect! Count me in ;)

signed, when and where ?
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:20 pm

At this point, it would be the weekend just prior to the cruise. The place I have in mind is called Culture Room. I already put everyone in touch with each other, now it's up to them to hammer out the details. As Andy stated, there might be the possibilty of more then one event taking place before the cruise, but that remains to be seen.

There was also talk of maybe having a dinner or something, and I can certainly help in that department when the time comes to plan such a thing :heavydrink:
Locked 419 posts