Locked 432 posts
Preparty Miami
    D.U.I.
    Crewman

Re: Preparty Miami

by D.U.I. » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:24 am

last_candle wrote:
    D.U.I. wrote:
    last_candle wrote:for Saturday, we consider going to a Miami Heat game - $400 for a court side ticket???
    seems like we have to settle with a cheaper ticket...

Hi last candle, i´ve been there for a game in June. We`ve booked a cheap Ticket in a higher row for 35 $ . And when the game begins we take place many rows down because the game wasn`t SOLD OUT. This procedure we make since 3Years !

most of the expensive tickets are already sold - so we can't count on that, but it's an option
    we most likely are going to get cheap tickets, I assume the atmosphere up there is great, too

we, always get tickets by the box office on day of event ! You must ask about the cheaper tickets because they would like to sell the expensives first :evil:
    *We would like to make a clone out of Tom Araya`s hair, Ronny James Dio`s bone and Mikael Akerfeldt`s spit ! So we `ll got the voice of Walhalla !
    That`s possible on Deck 3 ! Cabin #3525
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:31 am

DUI - you look really familiar.....whats ur name man?[/quote]

Mike is my name :beerwink: The foto is taken right after i get a shower of beer at a Metalparty with Circlepit in the living room :lol:[/quote]

Lol....NIce to meet you Mike! You look alot like a guy I know named Jeff.....anyways......I shall see you on the boat my Metal friend ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    D.U.I.
    Crewman

by D.U.I. » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:09 pm

debborah1 wrote:DUI - you look really familiar.....whats ur name man?

Mike is my name :beerwink: The foto is taken right after i get a shower of beer at a Metalparty with Circlepit in the living room :lol:[/quote]

Lol....NIce to meet you Mike! You look alot like a guy I know named Jeff.....anyways......I shall see you on the boat my Metal friend ;)[/quote]

of course :cheers:

Have you heard something new about the Culture room ? thinkin`Cpt.Metal is still working on it. (i hope so) :|
    *We would like to make a clone out of Tom Araya`s hair, Ronny James Dio`s bone and Mikael Akerfeldt`s spit ! So we `ll got the voice of Walhalla !
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:57 pm

D.U.I. wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:DUI - you look really familiar.....whats ur name man?

Mike is my name :beerwink: The foto is taken right after i get a shower of beer at a Metalparty with Circlepit in the living room :lol:

Lol....NIce to meet you Mike! You look alot like a guy I know named Jeff.....anyways......I shall see you on the boat my Metal friend ;)[/quote]

of course :cheers:

Have you heard something new about the Culture room ? thinkin`Cpt.Metal is still working on it. (i hope so) :|[/quote]
    YES...The Culture Room it is!....just havent confirmed exactly "WHO" will be playing yet....but the "meet up" is definatley the plan
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:30 pm

metalgoddess wrote:
    Well, I guess hubby can come watch football with you, while I lay on the beach. We're staying at Winterhaven on Saturday and Sunday.

Cool, y'all are only 4 blocks away. As long as he's not an Eagles fan, send him on over. ;)
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
  • stephh0205
    Oiler

by stephh0205 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Ryan and I are looking into hitting up the Miami game as well.. if we can find cheaper tickets. Would it be better to get them ahead of time or chance it with scalpers? Either way, who ever is going to that game, we should all go out for drinks or something either beforehand or after the game :)
    kramww
    Oiler

by kramww » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:51 pm

stoverkill wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:
    Well, I guess hubby can come watch football with you, while I lay on the beach. We're staying at Winterhaven on Saturday and Sunday.

Cool, y'all are only 4 blocks away. As long as he's not an Eagles fan, send him on over. ;)

Lifelong Eagles fan here. I guess I'm not invited.
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:38 pm

LOL! Sorry eagles fans.... obviously I was just talking trash... Eagles fans are welcome too :) :shred:
    SURVIVOR:

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:01 pm

stoverkill wrote:LOL! Sorry eagles fans.... obviously I was just talking trash... Eagles fans are welcome too :) :shred:

I still concur with the dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-vwPuiILBc
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:30 am

Not a football fan but I am from the Philly area so I gotta back my hometown team the Eagles...I'm a big hockey fan though, Flyers being my team of course.
  • lacunabliss
    Crewman

by lacunabliss » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:06 am

last_candle wrote:for Saturday, we consider going to a Miami Heat game - $400 for a court side ticket???

I bought my tickets, I think it was $75 each for 3rd level.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:57 pm

what exactly is the difference between those two options?

Paperless Ticket
    IMPORTANT: You will not receive paper tickets for this event. At the time of entry, you must present the credit card used to purchase your tickets as well as a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license, state ID or passport). Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time. Tickets are non-transferable.
    by Will Call
    Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a government issued ID, driver's license or passport.

"by Will Call" you actually get tickets at some kind of office box prior to the event
    with "Paperless Ticket" you go to the entrance and just show your ID and credit card?
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ejd715
    Petty Officer

by ejd715 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:29 pm

im staying at the Courtyard Marriott downtown-anybody staying there? (sorry didnt read the whole thread). Im down for some partying before the cruise for sure!
    2011-#3500 (barely survived!)
    2012-#4025 (piece of cake!)
    BOH HERE WE COME!!!!

Aeon The Crown Ex Deo Flotsam & Jetsam Harm Helstar Heathen King Diamond Kreator Old Man's Child Pain Solution.45 Sanctification Sinister Susperia Sybreed Zonaria
    D.U.I.
    Crewman

by D.U.I. » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:12 pm

last_candle wrote:what exactly is the difference between those two options?

Paperless Ticket
    IMPORTANT: You will not receive paper tickets for this event. At the time of entry, you must present the credit card used to purchase your tickets as well as a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license, state ID or passport). Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time. Tickets are non-transferable.
    by Will Call
    Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a government issued ID, driver's license or passport.

"by Will Call" you actually get tickets at some kind of office box prior to the event
    with "Paperless Ticket" you go to the entrance and just show your ID and credit card?

Hi last candle, it works ! You can trust this system i have booked some tickets the same way from Germany for Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavs in 2009 . I´ve use the ticketmaster.com plattform.
    D.U.I.
    Crewman

by D.U.I. » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:19 pm

last_candle wrote:what exactly is the difference between those two options?

Paperless Ticket
    by Will Call

*the difference is: in first option you have your Printout and you aren`t gettin` a org.Entrancecard , YOU AND YOUR PARTY are printed on a list ! at the Entrance or BOX office.

in second you get an org. PAPER Ticket = dicke Pappe mit Relief ähnlich Festivalticket mit allen Daten :beerwink: , which you must pick up at the box office

:cheers:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:46 pm

thx - seems like going paperless is easier
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Paperless works fine... just make sure you have your credit card and ID
    SURVIVOR:

militant_x
    Oiler

by militant_x » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Tomasz wrote:
    stephh0205 wrote:It may not be very far but having to take cabs everywhere isn't really appealing to me..I wana have as much money as I can for when we're on the actual cruise..but you camping with the aligators..that, I must say, is pretty fucken metal. :cheers:

if you happen to be getting to Miami before Sunda/Monday getting car rented is a good option. I used to rent them in that area for $30 a day with unlimited mileage. You can always split that cost if you can find others to get on this. I would hate to be stranded in some motel/hotel, knowing stuff is going down in other places.

taken last Thanksgiving @ Shark's Tooth or something like that in Everglades

I second that. Car rental is the way to go if you want to get off the beach. There are some chill places a bit west of the beach near University of Miami, and some places in very bad neighborhoods just west of downtown and north of it. There are lots of galleries in the design district that you guys might enjoy. Fort lauderdale is far but, the best youll get. If you get here saturday or sunday, Kayaking at Oleta river state park is really nice. It leads out to the bay and it probably wont be too cold with sun out. Ohh and that photo, might be Shark Valley, its a very west of downtown and is a 13 mile loop with a nice observation tower in the middle of it. Highly recommend it.
    Still the wind blows, calm and silent
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:44 pm

what about the Biscane National Park?
    the homepage is rather crappy - what makes me believe a visit there might not be worth the little time we'll have
    wishlist '20:
    militant_x
    Oiler

by militant_x » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:09 pm

I haven't been to Biscayne national park in a really long time. Its out of the way... there is nothing at all in homestead and the areas south of Miami. Unless you want to go skydiving. Skydive Miami is run out of homestead (or was when i first jumped). I recommend it but its expensive... I rather jump the swiss alps, that sounds bad ass.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this site yet, but for those of you traveling here that don't want to stay in a hotel... there are hostels, but there is also couchsurfing.org. Check it out if you don't know what it is, I'm planning to use it on my next trip to Europe.
    Still the wind blows, calm and silent
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:16 pm

thx - we haven't made many plans, yet
    there's just the Miami Heat game on Saturday

couchsurfing wasn't mentioned before (if I remember correctly)
    wishlist '20:
    thekurgen
    Oiler

by thekurgen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Couchsurfing is AWESOME. I've met so many good people. Not a single creep or bad person. Nothing but good experience with it. It's nice to go out and mingle with someone who knows the town too. Or who can at least tell you where to go, or where to avoid.
    Insomnium/Bolt Thrower/Grand Magus/Demons & Wizards/Equilibrium/Gamma Ray/Dream Evil/Avantasia/Steel Panther/Wuthering Heights/Firewind/Running Wild/Wintersun/Finntroll/Striker/Kalmah/Brymir/Amon Amarth/CoC/Baroness/Graveyard/Blind Guardian/The Sword
    Bavarian Amped
    Crewman

by Bavarian Amped » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:02 pm

is there anybody in Miami the weekend before the cruise starts?

Where is the Party now?... None here 4 a "bud light" at the weekend? ;)

BA
    <<<upper palatinate beer control command>>>
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 pm

For Tampa area cruisers, here's your pre-party!!!!

January 21 @ State Theatre in St. Petersburg - OBITUARY with openers TBA.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/151948

:shred:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Zirconia
    Crewman

by Zirconia » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:19 pm

So can i ask when and where is this pre-party happening? :)
    2011, 2012, 2015 Survivor, BTH 2012 Survivor!!!! \m/\m/
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:56 am

Zirconia wrote:So can i ask when and where is this pre-party happening? :)

More details still to come from Captain Metal so you may want to subscribe to this thread for updates but hopefully this helps...

Captain Metal wrote:For those that have been asking, the venue for these events is the CULTURE ROOM http://www.cultureroom.net

Located at: 3045 N Federal Hwy
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306
    (954)564-1074
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:59 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:For Tampa area cruisers, here's your pre-party!!!!

I will be there for this.
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    Tomasz
    Crewman

by Tomasz » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:32 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:For Tampa area cruisers, here's your pre-party!!!!

that's fuckin' aweseom, at least four cruise goers and some of my famitly will be at it :)
    Val
    Crewman

by Val » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:53 am

Hey!!

I haven't booked a hotel room yet and am wondering if anyone wants to share one (I'm a non-smoker) on the weekends before and after the cruise. I'll definitely be hitting up pre-/post-parties and looking to take in Miami and surrounding areas-- will rent a car, also. (248)321-9663 Val. Peace.
    All the *great* comedians are dead... George Carlin - dead, Rodney Dangerfield - dead, Greg Giraldo - dead.... Lisa Lampanelli............................. still alive.
    mafiotecano
    Oiler

by mafiotecano » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:04 am

lacunabliss wrote:

I bought too.... but the 50usd tickets...

Me and my 3 brazilians friends will stay in Miami from 19/01 to 30/01.

A pre-party would be very interesting now to get in the mood of the cruise!
    Cabin #3529
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:32 pm

mafiotecano wrote:
    lacunabliss wrote:

I bought too.... but the 50usd tickets...

we'll be in section 401 - cheap tickets as well...
    wishlist '20:
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:37 pm

shit
    when is the game and who against?
    perhaps I'll show up too

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Miami Heat vs. Toronto Raptors
    AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, FL
    Sat, Jan 22, 2011 07:30 PM

...that's basketball, btw ;)
    wishlist '20:
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:51 pm

last_candle wrote:Miami Heat vs. Toronto Raptors
    AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, FL
    Sat, Jan 22, 2011 07:30 PM

...that's basketball, btw ;)

:lol:
    I know

yeah perhaps I'll show if I'm not too busy with eating gator, drinking rum and the cuban and puerto rican women :D

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 pm

I'll keep my eyes open for the dude ;)
    you're from Arizona? I would have preferred to see the Suns play...
    wishlist '20:
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:56 pm

last_candle wrote:I'll keep my eyes open for the dude ;)
    you're from Arizona? I would have preferred to see the Suns play...

yeah I'd way rather see the suns.

Nash is the man.

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:06 pm

he is indeed! but I still can't believe they gave Jason Kidd away ;) [okok, hitting his wife wasn't the smartest move]
    some of their trades weren't for the better, I'd say...or maybe I just wanna see the players I like
    wishlist '20:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:20 pm

OMG! they traded away everybody I know - there's just Nash, Hill and Carter...and those three won't be around for another five years
    Marion? Stoudemire? don't tell me they got better players for those two...

anyway, I loved the team around '96 (Majerle, Manning, Ainge, Ceballos, Finley, Green)...and then they added Gugliotta and Hardaway and Robinson - and the Kidd era was great, too - and then about three years ago, I thought they had an incredible roster, too
    haven't seen an NBA match in ages - there's no more NBA on German tv anymore...
    wishlist '20:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:31 pm

BierVulf wrote:yeah I'd way rather see the suns.

Nash is the man.

I know right? All the best basketball players are white guys from Canada :cheers:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:37 pm

last_candle wrote:OMG! they traded away everybody I know - there's just Nash, Hill and Carter...and those three won't be around for another five years
    Marion? Stoudemire? don't tell me they got better players for those two...

anyway, I loved the team around '96 (Majerle, Manning, Ainge, Ceballos, Finley, Green)...and then they added Gugliotta and Hardaway and Robinson - and the Kidd era was great, too - and then about three years ago, I thought they had an incredible roster, too
    haven't seen an NBA match in ages - there's no more NBA on German tv anymore...

ha
    those were our hay days
    back in the barkley, majerle and ainge days.

I remember when nash first signed with the suns years ago and now he's the MVP.
    I think he'll stick with the suns for a while.

Hill just suprised the hell outta me
    I remember the pistons hill from back in the day

Locked 432 posts