Post Reply 978 posts
Rank 'em!
  • KevinP
    Commander

Re: Rank 'em!

by KevinP » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:57 pm

I saw 28 full sets last time, and it was more than enough. Felt like there was little time to eat and just sit around (though I'm not complaining).

Anything more than this would be tough to pull off in my opinion. I was just too tired and didn't see Marduk a 2nd time or get up early for Swashbuckle either time.

And I suspect that we all know each better this time around that there will be even more socializing and then meeting all the "newbies" as well. I bet people are going to bail on a few sets when push comes to shove :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm really hoping to roll into my cabin for 3 hours sleep late Thursday night/Friday morning and say I heard at least one song by every band but C.O.B.

Then someone please kindly guide my zombified mind and body to the airport once they boot us out :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:10 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I'm really hoping to roll into my cabin for 3 hours sleep late Thursday night/Friday morning and say I heard at least one song by every band but C.O.B.

Then someone please kindly guide my zombified mind and body to the airport once they boot us out :cry:

Just don't sleep the last night :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:45 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:I'm really hoping to roll into my cabin for 3 hours sleep late Thursday night/Friday morning and say I heard at least one song by every band but C.O.B.

We stayed until they kicked us out the karaoke lounge at 7am, walked over ate breakfast, then was kicked off the boat. Slept like a baby once I got home that night :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:49 pm

KevinP wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

We stayed until they kicked us out the karaoke lounge at 7am, walked over ate breakfast, then was kicked off the boat. Slept like a baby once I got home that night :mrgreen:

That's what I did, too. Made the airport wait tons of fun :lol:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:51 pm

KDibildox wrote:That's what I did, too. Made the airport wait tons of fun :lol:

I'm still perplexed how you managed to miss everyone on the forum. Heck, I don't remember ever seeing you and I remember tons of people who weren'r (and still aren't) forumites. :shock:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:54 pm

I met Debb at the karaoke place the last night. Other than that, I had no concept of who anyone was and kind of did my own thing, I guess. This year will be totally different :mrgreen:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:57 pm

KDibildox wrote:I met Debb at the karaoke place the last night. Other than that, I had no concept of who anyone was and kind of did my own thing, I guess. This year will be totally different :mrgreen:

Well my favorite Mexican is HECTOR. So f you don't mind playing "2nd Fiddle" and being our "Chamber Maid" we'll get along just fine. :lol: :P :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:59 pm

KevinP wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:I met Debb at the karaoke place the last night. Other than that, I had no concept of who anyone was and kind of did my own thing, I guess. This year will be totally different :mrgreen:

Well my favorite Mexican is HECTOR. So f you don't mind playing "2nd Fiddle" and being our "Chamber Maid" we'll get along just fine. :lol: :P :lol:

If I'm only half Mexican does that make me only half "Chamber Maid"? :lol:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:10 pm

KDibildox wrote:If I'm only half Mexican does that make me only half "Chamber Maid"? :lol:

As long as you don't get stingy with the toiletries :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:02 pm

KevinP wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:If I'm only half Mexican does that make me only half "Chamber Maid"? :lol:

As long as you don't get stingy with the toiletries :mrgreen:

Depends on if people behave :twisted:
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:42 am

KevinP wrote:I saw 28 full sets last time, and it was more than enough. Felt like there was little time to eat and just sit around (though I'm not complaining).

Anything more than this would be tough to pull off in my opinion. I was just too tired and didn't see Marduk a 2nd time or get up early for Swashbuckle either time.

And I suspect that we all know each better this time around that there will be even more socializing and then meeting all the "newbies" as well. I bet people are going to bail on a few sets when push comes to shove :mrgreen:

Jeez, I thought I hit up a lot of sets (pretty sure I was 24 or 26 full sets, don't remember; have posted it many times though).

The only non-negotiables for me are Kamelot, Orphaned Land, and Alestorm twice (possibly Hammerfall twice). Other than that, I need to prioritize and whatnot. I'd LIKE to see Therion, Virgin Steele, Eluveitie, and Moonsorrow twice, but I don't really see that happening with there being conflicts and whatnot.
  • cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:53 am

Ecliptica wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I saw 28 full sets last time, and it was more than enough. Felt like there was little time to eat and just sit around (though I'm not complaining).

Jeez, I thought I hit up a lot of sets (pretty sure I was 24 or 26 full sets, don't remember; have posted it many times though).

The only non-negotiables for me are Kamelot, Orphaned Land, and Alestorm twice (possibly Hammerfall twice). Other than that, I need to prioritize and whatnot. I'd LIKE to see Therion, Virgin Steele, Eluveitie, and Moonsorrow twice, but I don't really see that happening with there being conflicts and whatnot.

Sounds do able, I think I saw over 25 bands last year and that was with me crashing early a couple times cause of motion sickness.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:53 am

KDibildox wrote:I will do a full ranking once the full lineup is announced

Quit copying me! ;)
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:55 am

Uh oh! :shock:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:35 am

KevinP wrote:

I'm still perplexed how you managed to miss everyone on the forum. Heck, I don't remember ever seeing you and I remember tons of people who weren'r (and still aren't) forumites. :shock:

There's no way she's escaping us this time :twisted:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:15 pm

EvilDan wrote:

Quit copying me! ;)

I thought it first! :lol:

mooyagi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

There's no way she's escaping us this time :twisted:

*gulp* :shock:
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:25 pm

So, you are planning on coming OUT of your cabin this year. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Michael D. wrote:

So, you are planning on coming OUT of your cabin this year. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once in a while :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Tyr wrote:Bier makes sense and that I like it is meaningfull

:viking:

TRUEST POST EVER. :bangers:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Updating my list again -- this time with more of a priority-type thing.

My problem is that, if there's a band I want to see, I have a hard time NOT seeing both sets. That being said, there's a lot of bands I want to check out so I'm going to need to prioritize here. This is super compartmentalized, but it'll help me in the long run.

Bands I Will Definitely See Both Sets -- Non-Negotiable
    1. Kamelot (10/10)
    2. Orphaned Land (10/10)
    3. Alestorm (10/10)

Bands I Will Definitely See Both Sets Unless One Of The Top Three Is Playing
    4. Hammerfall (9.75/10)
    5. Therion (9.75/10)
    6. Eluveitie (9/10)

Bands I Will Definitely See One Set
    7. Virgin Steele (9/10)
    8. Moonsorrow (9.5/10 -- probably one of my favorite bands announced, to be honest, not sure why I have a hard time putting them up top in the non-negotiables; do want to catch other bands I haven't seen before though).
    9. Nightwish (7.5/10)
    10. Riot (8/10)
    11. Tristania (7.5/10)
    12. Children of Bodom (6/10; I'll get dragged to this one by my cabinmate; it's her favorite band)

Bands I'll Probably Catch One Set If It Doesn't Conflict (Very, Very Unlikely)
    13. In Extremo (7/10)
    14. Amorphis (pre-1995 my favorite band, now I can't stand them -- 5/10)
    15. Crowbar (2/10; not a fan, but we're both from New Orleans; would rather drink with them than watch them play though)
    16. Stratovarius (7/10, depending on what they play)
    17. Grave Digger (5/10)
    18. Tankard (4/10)

Bands I Don't Give Two Shits About
    Annihilator (2/10)
    Atheist (1/10)
    Cannibal Corpse (2/10)
    Channel Zero (1/10)
    Coroner (1/10)
    Dark Funeral (1/10)
    Exciter (3/10)
    God Dethroned (4/10)
    Kataklysm (0.5/10)
    My Dying Bride (3/10)
    Overkill (5/10; we'll see, could move up to 'possible one set')
    Pestilence (still haven't listened to)
    Pretty Maids (6/10, don't care enough to see 'em though)
    Samael (1/10; listened to a bunch of their stuff and hate them more every time, hahaha)
    Suffocation (1/10)
    Venom (1/10)
    Whiplash (0/10; worst band I've ever heard)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Updating my list again -- this time with more of a priority-type thing.

My problem is that, if there's a band I want to see, I have a hard time NOT seeing both sets. That being said, there's a lot of bands I want to check out so I'm going to need to prioritize here. This is super compartmentalized, but it'll help me in the long run.

Bands I Will Definitely See Both Sets -- Non-Negotiable
    1. Kamelot (10/10)
    2. Orphaned Land (10/10)
    3. Alestorm (10/10)

Bands I Will Definitely See Both Sets Unless One Of The Top Three Is Playing
    4. Hammerfall (9.75/10)
    5. Therion (9.75/10)
    6. Eluveitie (9/10)

Bands I Will Definitely See One Set
    7. Virgin Steele (9/10)
    8. Moonsorrow (9.5/10 -- probably one of my favorite bands announced, to be honest, not sure why I have a hard time putting them up top in the non-negotiables; do want to catch other bands I haven't seen before though).
    9. Nightwish (7.5/10)
    10. Riot (8/10)
    11. Tristania (7.5/10)
    12. Children of Bodom (6/10; I'll get dragged to this one by my cabinmate; it's her favorite band)

Bands I'll Probably Catch One Set If It Doesn't Conflict (Very, Very Unlikely)
    13. In Extremo (7/10)
    14. Amorphis (pre-1995 my favorite band, now I can't stand them -- 5/10)
    15. Crowbar (2/10; not a fan, but we're both from New Orleans; would rather drink with them than watch them play though)
    16. Stratovarius (7/10, depending on what they play)
    17. Grave Digger (5/10)
    18. Tankard (4/10)

Bands I Don't Give Two Shits About
    Annihilator (2/10)
    Atheist (1/10)
    Cannibal Corpse (2/10)
    Channel Zero (1/10)
    Coroner (1/10)
    Dark Funeral (1/10)
    Exciter (3/10)
    God Dethroned (4/10)
    Kataklysm (0.5/10)
    My Dying Bride (3/10)
    Overkill (5/10; we'll see, could move up to 'possible one set')
    Pestilence (still haven't listened to)
    Pretty Maids (6/10, don't care enough to see 'em though)
    Samael (1/10; listened to a bunch of their stuff and hate them more every time, hahaha)
    Suffocation (1/10)
    Venom (1/10)
    Whiplash (0/10; worst band I've ever heard)

And....i guess i'll see you at....An Orphaned Land set and an Alestorm set. wow, we have almost opposite tastes. not that it's a surprise seeing as i don't like much folk or operatic metal.

bands i give HUGE SHITS ABOUT:
    Annihilator
    Atheist
    Coroner
    God Dethroned
    Kataklysm
    My Dying Bride
    Overkill
    Pestilence
    Samael
    Venom
    Whiplash
    BadMetalKitty
    Crewman

by BadMetalKitty » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm

2 My Dying Bride - 10
    2 Cannibal Corpse - 10
    2 Suffocation - 10
    2 Orphaned Land - 10
    1 Dark Funeral - 9
    1 Overkill - 8
    1 Samael - 8
    1 God Dethroned - 8
    1 Crowbar - 8
    1 Annihilator - 8
    1 Venom - 7
    1 Coroner - 7
    1 Pestilence - 7
    1 Therion - 7
    1 Tristania - 6
    1 Children of Bodom - 6
    1 Moonsorrow - 6
    1 Nightwish - 6
    1 Atheist - 6
    1 Eluveitie - 6
    1 Kamelot - 6
    1 Alestorm - 5
    1 Amorphis - 5
    1 Grave Digger - 4
    1 In Extremo - 3
    1 Riot - 3
    1 Exciter - 1
    0 Pretty Maids - 0
    0 Virgin Steele - 0
    0 Whiplash - 0
    0 Stratovarius - 0
    0 Tankard - 0
    0 Hammerfall - 0

:boobs:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:17 pm

Great avatar BadMetalKitty!

See you at LOTS of shows BeastBabe!!

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:23 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Great avatar BadMetalKitty!

See you at LOTS of shows BeastBabe!!

Her avatar kicks all kinds of ass :beerhorns:
    BadMetalKitty
    Crewman

by BadMetalKitty » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks guys!! It was my favorite! :bmhorns: :beerhorns:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:16 pm

BadMetalKitty wrote:Thanks guys!! It was my favorite! :bmhorns: :beerhorns:

it's pretty epic!
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:19 am

KDibildox wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:

Quit copying me! ;)

I thought it first! :lol:

Oh, really? I said that MONTHS ago. Too lazy to find post.

KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:There's no way she's escaping us this time :twisted:

Keep pretending. You seek no escape. You are the predator. ;)

• EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:23 am

KDibildox wrote:
    Michael D. wrote:So, you are planning on coming OUT of your cabin this year. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When she's done with her latest (willing) victim, and it's time to go on the prowl.

I really wanted to go a different direction with this.

Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:04 pm

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    Michael D. wrote:So, you are planning on coming OUT of your cabin this year. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When she's done with her latest (willing) victim, and it's time to go on the prowl.

Try not to fight too hard as she victimizes you. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:37 pm

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:There's no way she's escaping us this time :twisted:

Keep pretending. You seek no escape. You are the predator. ;)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

Where's the fun in a willing victim? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:23 pm

KDibildox wrote:Where's the fun in a willing victim? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll show ya where ;) :twisted:

• KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:27 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:28 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Interesting, here's my list:

(And off-topic, how the fuck do I get a bigger avatar, I have to shrink it so much to get the allowed 6 ko, grrr...)

2 Nightwish - 10
    2 Eluveitie - 10
    2 Kamelot - 10
    2 God Dethroned - 9
    2 Orphaned Land - 9
    1 Alestorm - 9
    1 Amorphis - 9
    1 Stratovarius - 8
    1 Overkill - 8
    1 Samael - 8
    1 Moonsorrow - 8
    1 Therion - 8
    1 Annihilator - 8
    1 Tristania - 7
    1 Venom - 7
    1 Coroner - 7
    1 Children of Bodom - 7
    1 Grave Digger - 7
    1 In Extremo - 7
    1 Hammerfall - 7
    1 Pestilence - 6
    1 Whiplash - 6
    1 Exciter - 5
    1 Tankard - 5
    1 Pretty Maids - 4
    1 Virgin Steele - 4
    1 Cannibal Corpse - 2
    1 My Dying Bride - 2
    0 Suffocation - 1
    0 Dark Funeral - 0
    0 Riot - 0
    0 Atheist - 0
    0 Crowbar - 0
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:46 pm

scyll wrote:(And off-topic, how the fuck do I get a bigger avatar, I have to shrink it so much to get the allowed 6 ko, grrr...)

Off topic is the way to go! :beerbang:

You can try linking your avatar from an outside hosting site instead of uploading it to your profile. Some of our more tech savvy forumites can probably get a good resolution image you want to the proper size for ya too.
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:10 am

It fills the gaps and gives you the ability to be really patient with your REAL quarry. :twisted:

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:28 pm

scyll wrote:
    0 Atheist - 0

Quelle surprise! J'ai pensé que tout le Quebecers aiment le tech-death (LOL). Je pense qu'Atheist est comme ces bandes. J'adore le metal du Quebec, en particulier Voivod, Martyr, Beyond Creation, Gorguts, Unexpect, etc. Je suis jaloux que tu vis là-bas.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:31 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    scyll wrote:
    0 Atheist - 0

Quelle surprise! J'ai pensé que tout le Quebecers aiment le tech-death (LOL). Je pense qu'Atheist est comme ces bandes. J'adore le metal du Quebec, en particulier Voivod, Martyr, Beyond Creation, Gorguts, Unexpect, etc.

:? That's enough of that funny talk :lol:
    But I agree with what you said (I took enough french in junior high to understand what you said).
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:
    scyll wrote:
    0 Atheist - 0

Quelle surprise! J'ai pensé que tout le Quebecers aiment le tech-death (LOL). Je pense qu'Atheist est comme ces bandes. J'adore le metal du Quebec, en particulier Voivod, Martyr, Beyond Creation, Gorguts, Unexpect, etc.

:? That's enough of that funny talk :lol:
    But I agree with what you said (I took enough french in junior high to understand what you said).

My state borders Quebec and I forgot all the French I learned in elementary school yet I still understood what she said :lol:
Post Reply 978 posts