Post Reply 327 posts
Thank all you sailors onbroad once again!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: Thank all you sailors onbroad once again!

by KDibildeaux » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:23 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    CaptOblivious wrote:one month ago almost to the minute i was walking on to the ship for my first time. and even a month later i can still bask in the afterglow and still say thank you to the whole UMC crew from the bottom of my heart for putting this together and i cannot wait till December and BTH :bangers:

I can't wait to get on one of the boats again!!!

BOATS! BOATS! BOATS! BOATS! BOATS!
    :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:

Can't fucking wait! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:12 am

Saw an Interview with Andy last night where he told something about another Ship and another Port for the 70.000 Tons - maybe. Does anyone want that?
    We want Miami and her Majesty - even any other Port doesn't make Sense.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:08 am

Lala wrote:Saw an Interview with Andy last night where he told something about another Ship and another Port for the 70.000 Tons - maybe. Does anyone want that?

I wouldn't complain if they moved it to a european port :mrgreen: It would of course suck for all the americans, but it would make it possible for us to go again.
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:55 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    Lala wrote:Saw an Interview with Andy last night where he told something about another Ship and another Port for the 70.000 Tons - maybe. Does anyone want that?

I wouldn't complain if they moved it to a european port :mrgreen: It would of course suck for all the americans, but it would make it possible for us to go again.

where do cruise ships leave from europe? Mediterranean? i'm down to do a cruise from europe!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:55 am

MadameLePink wrote:

where do cruise ships leave from europe? Mediterranean Sea? Scandinavia? i'm down to do a cruise from europe!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:06 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:

where do cruise ships leave from europe? Mediterranean Sea? Scandinavia? i'm down to do a cruise from europe!

I guess the Mediterranean would be a good choice (leaving from Greece or Spain for example), it would be too cold to be on the pool deck in Scandinavia, unless it's in the summer ;) Cruises in the baltic sea would also be too short.
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:32 am

Maybe a European cruise is the third one he has planned? Would love for it to stay in the US for selfish reasons but Europe would be a cool place to go visit for a cruise.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Gods damn it UMC! You guys are gonna turn me into a freakin' heavy metal globetrotter ffs!! :evil: :? :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:58 pm

can the 4th, one time special one, be a cruise around the world?
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:39 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:can the 4th, one time special one, be a cruise around the world?

Hahaha that would be epic :P

Maybe the one-time-only would be a 'metal female voices' cruise with Lacuna Coil, Doro, Within Temptation, Tarja, Arch Enemy, Xandria, Battlelore, Epica, Nightwish, Amaranthe, ReVamp, Leaves' Eyes, Eluveitie, Trillium, Delain, Benedictum, Therion, Midnattsol, In This Moment, Krypteria, Tristania, Unsun, Amberian Dawn, Van Canto, Stream of Passion, etc etc etc.

:D

And according to the RC website, they sail from the following European locations:

Amsterdam, Holland
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Harwich, England
    Le Havre (Paris), France
    Oslo, Norway
    Provence (Marseilles), France
    Provence (Toulon), France
    Southampton, England
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Lisbon, Portugal

As well as from numerous locations in Spain and Italy.

They also sail from Australia. Lets have an Australian 70k of Metal!!! There are easily a dozen Aussie bands (Lord, Vanishing Point, Black Majesty, Airbourne, ne obliviscaris, The Amenta, Voyager, Claim The Throne) that could be on the lineup to reduce the cost of flying international bands here for it :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Maybe the one-time-only would be a 'metal female voices' cruise with Lacuna Coil, Doro, Within Temptation, Tarja, Arch Enemy, Xandria, Battlelore, Epica, Nightwish, Amaranthe, ReVamp, Leaves' Eyes, Eluveitie, Trillium, Delain, Benedictum, Therion, Midnattsol, In This Moment, Krypteria, Tristania, Unsun, Amberian Dawn, Van Canto, Stream of Passion, etc etc etc.

Let's get that lineup to 40 shall we?

Even though I'm only really a bit of a fan of a couple of of these, to your 25, I'll submit the following to fit your event theme: Cripper, Into Eternity, Kittie, L7, Cycle Sluts from Hell, Arkona, Madder Mortem and Kingfisher Sky.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:44 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Maybe the one-time-only would be a 'metal female voices' cruise with Lacuna Coil, Doro, Within Temptation, Tarja, Arch Enemy, Xandria, Battlelore, Epica, Nightwish, Amaranthe, ReVamp, Leaves' Eyes, Eluveitie, Trillium, Delain, Benedictum, Therion, Midnattsol, In This Moment, Krypteria, Tristania, Unsun, Amberian Dawn, Van Canto, Stream of Passion, etc etc etc.

Let's get that lineup to 40 shall we?

Even though I'm only really a bit of a fan of a couple of of these, to your 25, I'll submit the following to fit your event theme: Cripper, Into Eternity, Kittie, L7, Cycle Sluts from Hell, Arkona, Madder Mortem and Kingfisher Sky.

Sigh, Crisis (reunion), Shadow, Light This City (reunion), Opera IX, Unleash The Archers...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 am

Sirenia could be added to the list, along with Australia's own Divine Ascension and Alpine Fault.

That would give us 40+ bands.

Andy - make it so!!!!

In all honesty - its not a terrible idea for a cruise.

So lets list some of our mentioned possibilities for this additional cruise:

1. A cruise featuring similar band styles to 70k of Metal, only leaving from Europe instead of Miami
    2. Cruise from Australia(!) - 12 local well-known acts (eg. Lord, Black Majesty, Vanishing Point, Ne Obliviscarus, The Amenta, Psycroptic, Claim The Throne, Divine Ascension, Alpine Fault, Airbourne, Rose Tattoo, Voyager) plus 28-30 Internationals. Aussies represented about 10% of cruisers on broad in 2011/12, we totally could do a whole cruise, plus Royal Carribean have a strong presence in Australia.
    3. Female Voices cruise - 40 bands featuring female vocals
    4. ProgPower Cruise - 40 bands of a Power Metal or Progressive Metal nature. Could work as Prog has been MASSIVELY over-looked on both 70k cruises. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there was going to be a ProgPower cruise but it fell through?

What other ideas do people have?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:33 am

cowboy71 wrote:Sirenia could be added to the list, along with Australia's own Divine Ascension and Alpine Fault.

That would give us 40+ bands.

Andy - make it so!!!!

In all honesty - its not a terrible idea for a cruise.

So lets list some of our mentioned possibilities for this additional cruise:

1. A cruise featuring similar band styles to 70k of Metal, only leaving from Europe instead of Miami
    2. Cruise from Australia(!) - 12 local well-known acts (eg. Lord, Black Majesty, Vanishing Point, Ne Obliviscarus, The Amenta, Psycroptic, Claim The Throne, Divine Ascension, Alpine Fault, Airbourne, Rose Tattoo, Voyager) plus 28-30 Internationals. Aussies represented about 10% of cruisers on broad in 2011/12, we totally could do a whole cruise, plus Royal Carribean have a strong presence in Australia.
    3. Female Voices cruise - 40 bands featuring female vocals
    4. ProgPower Cruise - 40 bands of a Power Metal or Progressive Metal nature. Could work as Prog has been MASSIVELY over-looked on both 70k cruises. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there was going to be a ProgPower cruise but it fell through?

What other ideas do people have?

COMPLETE Industrial cruise!!!\m/ Minitsry NIN Rammstein etc Combichrist would soooo be @ that one
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:21 am

I just simply think Rammstein would be F**king orgasmic with FIRE on a cruise providing they could do it safely
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:29 am

gnoff wrote:
    DemonNIN wrote:I just simply think Rammstein would be F**king orgasmic with FIRE on a cruise providing they could do it safely

I approve!

yyyeeeahhhhh \m/
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:38 am

:3drunks: :party: :stagger: :boobs: :wank: :bangers: :headbanger: :beerbang:

it shall all be done![/quote]
    bewbs lol
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:46 am

gnoff wrote:
    DemonNIN wrote: :3drunks: :party: :stagger: :boobs: :wank: :bangers: :headbanger: :beerbang:

it shall all be done!
    bewbs lol

If I had :boobs: I'd be all :boobs: at Rammstein!
    :beerbang:

ROFL :boobs: :wank: :wank:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:56 am

mooyagi wrote:Maybe a European cruise is the third one he has planned? Would love for it to stay in the US for selfish reasons but Europe would be a cool place to go visit for a cruise.

It's too cold in europe in Winter, so it must be in late Spring or Summer - and there are many Festivals all over Europe, i don't think that many people wanna pay for a cruise .....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:03 am

Me too! All the people that like the idea of a big metal cruise but cannot afford the trip to the US would definitely go on a european one even if it's in the summer! And if you do it in the mediterranean, you can easily do it around april or october and that wouldn't collide with the festival season :cheers:

Beer and bananas!
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 pm

gnoff wrote:I have many friends who love the idea of the crusie, but do not for various reasons want to fly over to US

I still like the idea of being fucked up crazy and heading over to Miami every January though :stagger:

Well then I look forward to seeing you again.
    Also I think the cruise is far better than open air festivals for many reasons. :bangers:
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:23 pm

STACH100 wrote:Also I think the cruise is far better than open air festivals for many reasons. :bangers:

Agreed! :cheers:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:32 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:Also I think the cruise is far better than open air festivals for many reasons. :bangers:

Yes! Being able to shower and nap anytime is awesome! :deathhorns:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:36 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Yup! Although annoying when you accidentally sleep through bands :oops:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:40 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Agreed! :cheers:

Yup! Although annoying when you accidentally sleep through bands :oops:

Hah yeah, that's not so good :lol:
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:27 pm

You're Welcome!!!!!!! It was an AMAZING experience!!!!! :viking:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:43 pm

gnoff wrote:I have many friends who love the idea of the crusie, but do not for various reasons want to fly over to US

I still like the idea of being fucked up crazy and heading over to Miami every January though :stagger:

I LIVE for this now...almost my only reason for keeping on. 4/5 day all out party...No driving required ...all the booze you could want sun /music/ meeting new people what more could a metalhead want?
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:48 pm

STACH100 wrote:

Also I think the cruise is far better than open air festivals for many reasons. :bangers:

I've never been to an open air like the ones in Europe but I like being at sea and not having to deal with mud and I like being able to shower and have somewhere somewhat comfy to sleep for a few short hours after :cheers: :cheers: :: :belly: :heavydrink: :shots: :shred:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 pm

DemonNIN wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:

I've never been to an open air like the ones in Europe but I like being at sea and not having to deal with mud and I like being able to shower and have somewhere somewhat comfy to sleep for a few short hours after :cheers: :cheers: :: :belly: :heavydrink: :shots: :shred:

I'm no spring chicken being on the wrong side of 40 now :P And while I don't mind going to open-air festivals still, I LOVE the cruise idea.

Put it this way, if 70K was an open-air festival in the US with all the same bands, same format (multiple days, all bands play twice) etc - I wouldn't be even remotely interested in going.

I mean on the Majesty if I'm not seeing a band, I can go have a shower, relax in a nice bed in private, wander and see if I can bump into random band members, drink at a bar, goto the casino, go eat at Johnny Rockets, take a dip in the pool or go to the gym even.

At an open-air I can......go sit in the mud? Have some crappy food from a food van? Drink some lukewarm, expensive beer? Pass :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:29 pm

many good points indeed :bangers:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:55 am

DemonNIN wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:

Well, there are lots of open air festival that are in the middle of a city so you can actually stay in a hotel a short walk from the festival site. Naps, hot showers and good food are close by at any time. So it's not like these things are only possible on 70k. Still the cruise is a unique event and I definitely want to go back, but summer festivals are more relaxing imo :) 3 months left to the first one :bangers:

Beer and bananas!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 pm

MadameLePink wrote:Well, there are lots of open air festival that are in the middle of a city so you can actually stay in a hotel a short walk from the festival site. Naps, hot showers and good food are close by at any time. So it's not like these things are only possible on 70k. Still the cruise is a unique event and I definitely want to go back, but summer festivals are more relaxing imo :) 3 months left to the first one :bangers:

What are you holding in your picture ? A shot of jager? LOL :party:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:38 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:Well, there are lots of open air festival that are in the middle of a city so you can actually stay in a hotel a short walk from the festival site. Naps, hot showers and good food are close by at any time. So it's not like these things are only possible on 70k. Still the cruise is a unique event and I definitely want to go back, but summer festivals are more relaxing imo :) 3 months left to the first one :bangers:

What are you holding in your picture ? A shot of jager? LOL :party:

Yes, that's it :D They love their jäger shots in Finland. The picture is from Myötatuulirock last year :D

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:45 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:What are you holding in your picture ? A shot of jager? LOL :party:

Yes, that's it :D They love their <insert any alcohol brand here> in Finland. The picture is from Myötatuulirock last year :D

Fixd. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:52 am

Memnoch wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:What are you holding in your picture ? A shot of jager? LOL :party:

Yes, that's it :D They love their <insert any alcohol brand here> in Finland. The picture is from Myötatuulirock last year :D

Fixd. :lol:

Haha... true :mrgreen: But you don't see stands selling whiskey or vodka at finnish festivals, only jägermeister :beerwink:

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:13 am

They had Bacardi girls at Jalometalli. And Jaloviina girls at many festivals.
    Plain vodka is a household item, so no need to promote it. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 am

Memnoch wrote:They had Bacardi girls at Jalometalli. And Jaloviina girls at many festivals.
    Plain vodka is a household item, so no need to promote it. :lol:

What's Jaloviina? Anything worth drinking?

And Gnoffi, it would definitely be nicer with gorgeous men selling Jäger, those girls can be a bit annoying after a while :lol:

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:21 am

MadameLePink wrote:What's Jaloviina? Anything worth drinking?

It's cut brandy (or cognac to be precise). So a mix of vodka and cognac. I don't like cognac or brandy, so Jaloviina (Ädelbrännvin på svenska) isn't my favourite drink. Apparently it's the Finnish musicians' favourite drink, so that's why they sell it at festivals and shows.
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:58 am

I guess I'll just go with normal stuff :mrgreen: Jaloviina doesn't sound appealing at all, and neither Gambina!

Beer and bananas!
  • Rayzor
    Petty Officer

by Rayzor » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:50 pm

gnoff wrote:Beer > all other stuff

Fixed. Just picked up my tickets to Graspop so we're going to get our first taste of a European Metal festival. If the trip were for the festival alone it's looking like it would be a little cheaper than the 70k trip. Of course, cruise vs hanging out in a field, that shouldn't be a surprise.
Post Reply 327 posts