Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!

Discuss anything else here

Re: Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2012 race for the cup!!

Postby ShoreSlayer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 am

Posted this in the shameless self-promotion thread but figured it fit here as well for any who follow this thread but not all others...

Last fall, my buddy Jim Sands put on a freaking amazing, performance of his self-written tale of hockey lore and family diversity and dynamics, 'Charlie - A Hockey Story', at Vancouver's Fringe Festival. It was an absolute blast to attend as an audience member, cool to contribute to via some audio resources I did in my little home studio and a raving success with the local critics and attendees. So much so that Jim is taking it out on tour this summer traveling to Ontario and back and hitting up various stage festivals along the way. He hasn't landed the Calgary festival yet as far as I know but Edmonton is locked in for some time in August. I'll post links to reviews and more details as they're available but I'd HIGHLY recommend any Canadian metalheads who even remotely enjoy hockey and/or musical/stage/comedy/theatre type stuff make a point of attending if this thing comes anywhere near you. Not very metal at all but definitely good times.

More to come...
TROUBLE, ARGUS, ARTILLERY, ANVIL, DIO DISCIPLES, ELECTRIC WIZARD, GOATSNAKE,

HEATHEN, HELL, HELSTAR, KRUX, METAL CHURCH, NUCLEAR ASSAULT, ONSLAUGHT,

OZ, OMEN, PENTAGRAM, ST. VITUS, SKULL FIST, UDO & WEEDEATER

:shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:
ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby vikingbitch » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:35 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Posted this in the shameless self-promotion thread but figured it fit here as well for any who follow this thread but not all others...

Last fall, my buddy Jim Sands put on a freaking amazing, performance of his self-written tale of hockey lore and family diversity and dynamics, 'Charlie - A Hockey Story', at Vancouver's Fringe Festival. It was an absolute blast to attend as an audience member, cool to contribute to via some audio resources I did in my little home studio and a raving success with the local critics and attendees. So much so that Jim is taking it out on tour this summer traveling to Ontario and back and hitting up various stage festivals along the way. He hasn't landed the Calgary festival yet as far as I know but Edmonton is locked in for some time in August. I'll post links to reviews and more details as they're available but I'd HIGHLY recommend any Canadian metalheads who even remotely enjoy hockey and/or musical/stage/comedy/theatre type stuff make a point of attending if this thing comes anywhere near you. Not very metal at all but definitely good times.

More to come...

Hey Rob, if it sounds like he can make Calgary happen would love to check it out. Can you let me know if he does? :deathmetal:

Also, going to Flames v. Flyers tonight. 3rd row from the ice. Hell yeah.
SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012 & 70K2013. NEXT UP: 70K2014
vikingbitch
Lieutenant-Commander

Postby ShoreSlayer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:44 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Hey Rob, if it sounds like he can make Calgary happen would love to check it out. Can you let me know if he does? :deathmetal:

Yeah, he's really hoping to but hasn't heard anything too encouraging yet. Apparently it's pretty tough to land gigs on the entire festival circuit when yer a relative unknown so he's stoked to have gotten as much as he has but obviously more is better. Got my fingers crossed for him.

Enjoy the game! Vikingbitch on HNIC!!! I'll record it and keep an eye out for ya. Near centre, behind the net or in a corner?

ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby vikingbitch » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:26 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
vikingbitch wrote:Hey Rob, if it sounds like he can make Calgary happen would love to check it out. Can you let me know if he does? :deathmetal:

Yeah, he's really hoping to but hasn't heard anything too encouraging yet. Apparently it's pretty tough to land gigs on the entire festival circuit when yer a relative unknown so he's stoked to have gotten as much as he has but obviously more is better. Got my fingers crossed for him.

Enjoy the game! Vikingbitch on HNIC!!! I'll record it and keep an eye out for ya. Near centre, behind the net or in a corner?

Thanks Rob!! :headbanger:

The tickets are near corner, Flames end for the 1st and 3rd period for side of the ice. The seats are weird, always seem to get on either jumbo tron or tv with them. I just hope to goodness I don't get thrown on the smooch cam again :shock:
SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012 & 70K2013. NEXT UP: 70K2014
vikingbitch
Lieutenant-Commander

Postby shaneos » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:59 pm

8 penalties at home! Done on the first question again...
Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
shaneos
Chief Petty Officer

Postby ShoreSlayer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:36 pm

vikingbitch wrote:The tickets are near corner, Flames end for the 1st and 3rd period for side of the ice. The seats are weird, always seem to get on either jumbo tron or tv with them...

Well, I only watched the game in chunks so never did see you but, oddly enough, saw Don Vowell from the cruise on the local feed of the Canucks game in Dallas from this afternoon. Too bad neither Western Canadian team was able to hold onto a lead in the last 24 hours though :evil: We both lost in OT or Shoot Out after holding 2 - 0 leads :cry:

We play Dallas 3 more times before season's end though so, as I told Don on FB, I look forward to sweet revenge very SOON!!! :headbanger:

ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby CaptOblivious » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:24 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
vikingbitch wrote:The tickets are near corner, Flames end for the 1st and 3rd period for side of the ice. The seats are weird, always seem to get on either jumbo tron or tv with them...

Well, I only watched the game in chunks so never did see you but, oddly enough, saw Don Vowell from the cruise on the local feed of the Canucks game in Dallas from this afternoon. Too bad neither Western Canadian team was able to hold onto a lead in the last 24 hours though :evil: We both lost in OT or Shoot Out after holding 2 - 0 leads :cry:

We play Dallas 3 more times before season's end though so, as I told Don on FB, I look forward to sweet revenge very SOON!!! :headbanger:

yeah that Van loss was pretty shitty i stayed up to watch the game but hey shit happens. and really a record over the past 100 games of going into the 3rd leading and coming out 96-0-4 is still a damn good record :headbanger:
You can't have slaughter without laughter
2012-cabin # 4519
2012-BtH cabin# 2563
2013-cabin # 3015
2014-cabin # 2515
2015-cabin # 8659
Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
Hockeyagi 2013 champ
CaptOblivious
Ensign

Postby ShoreSlayer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:12 am

gnoff wrote:Three games left in the Swedish league, before play offs.

My team is in play off position right now, lets hope they stay there.

Go go team Bierbacon!! :deathhorns:

Good luck gnoff!

ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby mooyagi » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:45 am

Hat Trick!!! :headbanger:
See you all on 70K 2015! :deathhorns:
mooyagi
Captain

Postby WizardBeast » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:23 pm

are we gonna watch some swedish hockey?
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
WizardBeast
Captain

Postby WizardBeast » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:37 pm

gnoff wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:

are we gonna watch some swedish hockey?

My team played the otehr day in this town they do play fairly close to Umeå though, but seeing how you post swedish hockey dudes in the ladies thread I feel I'd be left behind, so I'll say:
No

:P

hey, don't deprive me of hotness, that ain't cool, fool! LOL
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
WizardBeast
Captain

Postby KDibildeaux » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:30 pm

I don't really follow hockey but it seems the Coyotes are doing really well lately
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
KDibildeaux
Captain

Postby mooyagi » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:32 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I don't really follow hockey but it seems the Coyotes are doing really well lately

Don't worry, the Coyotes don't really have any fans so you're just like everyone else in Arizona :lol: Should be easy to get tickets to a game! ;)
mooyagi
Captain

Postby KDibildeaux » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:33 pm

mooyagi wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote:I don't really follow hockey but it seems the Coyotes are doing really well lately

Don't worry, the Coyotes don't really have any fans so you're just like everyone else in Arizona :lol: Should be easy to get tickets to a game! ;)

Fairly cheap, too :D
KDibildeaux
Captain

Postby mooyagi » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
mooyagi wrote:

Fairly cheap, too :D

Let's go then!
mooyagi
Captain

Postby KDibildeaux » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Sounds like fun!
KDibildeaux
Captain

Postby ShoreSlayer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Very observant for a non-fan Kate. They have one of (if not THE) best records in the league since January 01. I'd kill to be able to see Canuck games at the cost they let you in for down there. You really should be going every weekend!

ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 am

Back-to-back Hat Tricks!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger:
mooyagi
Captain

Postby KDibildeaux » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:19 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Very observant for a non-fan Kate. They have one of (if not THE) best records in the league since January 01. I'd kill to be able to see Canuck games at the cost they let you in for down there. You really should be going every weekend!

Wow! didn't know that! I think we're gonna see them next weekend. Hell, if it's fun it could be come more of a routine thing, while we still have a team here.
KDibildeaux
Captain

Postby ShoreSlayer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:21 pm

mooyagi wrote:Back-to-back Hat Tricks!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger:

Keep it up and ya might even put a scare into Nuux?

How the hell did you BOTH get the freaking Laffs over Chicago last night? I was :shock:

ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:22 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
ShoreSlayer wrote:Very observant for a non-fan Kate. They have one of (if not THE) best records in the league since January 01. I'd kill to be able to see Canuck games at the cost they let you in for down there. You really should be going every weekend!

Wow! didn't know that! I think we're gonna see them next weekend. Hell, if it's fun it could be come more of a routine thing, while we still have a team here.

Sweet!
mooyagi
Captain

Postby mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:22 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

How the hell did you BOTH get the freaking Laffs over Chicago last night? I was :shock:

Hmmm. Don't remember picking that way. Maybe I accidentally clicked the wrong button :lol:
mooyagi
Captain

Postby ShoreSlayer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Hell, if it's fun it could be come more of a routine thing, while we still have a team here.

I'm sure you'll have a blast especially with Ryan at your side bringing his No'Rearstern fan flavour to the rink. Expect lots of odd stares from the Phoenix faithful I'm sure :lol:

But that would be cool if you got into hockey. It would strengthen your romantic life AND you'd be here more often in one of the few threads I still follow with any kind of regularity hehe :P

ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote:Hell, if it's fun it could be come more of a routine thing, while we still have a team here.

I'm sure you'll have a blast especially with Ryan at your side bringing his No'Rearstern fan flavour to the rink. Expect lots of odd stares from the Phoenix faithful I'm sure :lol:

But that would be cool if you got into hockey. It would strengthen your romantic life AND you'd be here more often in one of the few threads I still follow with any kind of regularity hehe :P

Too bad the B's ain't playing out there. Then we'd really get some funny looks :twisted:
mooyagi
Captain

Postby KDibildeaux » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

:lol: maybe we can have seats at different parts of the stadium.....you know, to not be seen in public with him :lol:. You need to follow all of the threads more!
KDibildeaux
Captain

Postby mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:27 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
ShoreSlayer wrote:

:lol: maybe we can have seats at different parts of the stadium.....you know, to not be seen in public with him :lol:. You need to follow all of the threads more!

I think I'll be more embarrassed when she jumps up and yells "Touchdown!" after someone scores.
mooyagi
Captain

Postby KDibildeaux » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:30 pm

I would never use pseudo football terms. Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

would be more accurate :cool:
Last edited by KDibildeaux on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KDibildeaux
Captain

Postby mooyagi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:31 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I would never use pseudo football terms. Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

would be more accurate :cool:

Very true. Crazy Meheecan
mooyagi
Captain

Postby ShoreSlayer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 pm

KDibildeaux wrote::lol: maybe we can have seats at different parts of the stadium.....you know, to not be seen in public with him :lol:.

Get yerself a nice seat ten rows up at centre ice and stash the loudmout away up in the nosebleeds... He'll probably still be annoying from there ;) (you know I love ya Ryan aight?)

KDibildeaux wrote:You need to follow all of the threads more!

Working days, running, dating, guitar lessons and general decrease in times chained to keyboard make this impossible. 3 of 4 subforums currently showing 2 or 3 pages of red/unread threads. Might catch up in mid-April when I take a week off work lol

ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby NuuX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

No chance, I also have back-to-back HTs :) /highfives mooyagi

And I picked Chicago the other night and they won 5-4. I even picked CANUCKS last night!!! *shudder*

:D
2011 @ 5535
2012 @ 5527
2014 @ 2039
2015 @ 9675
2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
NuuX
Ensign

Postby ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:16 am

Yeah, while chatting with Ryan and Kate tonight I realized I was messed up on the previous night's results. Chicago won and was the only point I got that night. Much like Vancouver last night lol

And, btw Nuux, Way To Freaking RUN AWAY with it all in the home stretch. Totally putting distance between yourself and anyone with a hope in hell of making a late push. Plz stop now k thanks! ;)

ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby debborah1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 am

AS I don't really follow hockey at all....I was given two free tickets and a parking pass to the Coyotes game for yesterday...and gave them to my buddy who LOVES hockey....him and his girl went and were very thankful :o).....just thought I couldnt go another minute without sharing that with you...(just an excuse to post in this thread ;)
2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
\m/ >.< \m/
2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
2015.....BOOKED
debborah1
Commander

Postby mooyagi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:04 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote::lol: maybe we can have seats at different parts of the stadium.....you know, to not be seen in public with him :lol:.

Get yerself a nice seat ten rows up at centre ice and stash the loudmout away up in the nosebleeds... He'll probably still be annoying from there ;)

If she's within range, many things will be flying from the balcony towards her seat :P

debborah1 wrote:AS I don't really follow hockey at all....I was given two free tickets and a parking pass to the Coyotes game for yesterday...and gave them to my buddy who LOVES hockey....him and his girl went and were very thankful :o).....just thought I couldnt go another minute without sharing that with you...(just an excuse to post in this thread ;)

Funny, we were originally thinking of going to that game. Looks like the Flames won so glad we missed out :lol: Also, that game was not on TV anywhere, even in Arizona. The fuck is up with that? No wonder nobody follows the Coyotes. Can't watch all their games even when in the market :roll:

NuuX wrote:No chance, I also have back-to-back HTs :) /highfives mooyagi

And I picked Chicago the other night and they won 5-4. I even picked CANUCKS last night!!! *shudder*

:D

Make it back-to-back-to-back for me! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: I think I've matched my hat trick total this week that I had for all of 2012 up to that point. Back in the game!
mooyagi
Captain

Postby NuuX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:19 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:And, btw Nuux, Way To Freaking RUN AWAY with it all in the home stretch. Totally putting distance between yourself and anyone with a hope in hell of making a late push. Plz stop now k thanks! ;)

OK, I'll ask my girlfriend for predictions again. The night before two HTs in a row I asked her for picks and I got shut out ;)

And it's a good chance I'll miss on HT tonight, one trick question there :)
2011 @ 5535
2012 @ 5527
2014 @ 2039
2015 @ 9675
2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
NuuX
Ensign

Postby KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:04 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Get yerself a nice seat ten rows up at centre ice and stash the loudmout away up in the nosebleeds... He'll probably still be annoying from there ;) (you know I love ya Ryan aight?)

Hahah good idea!

ShoreSlayer wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote:You need to follow all of the threads more!

Working days, running, dating, guitar lessons and general decrease in times chained to keyboard make this impossible. 3 of 4 subforums currently showing 2 or 3 pages of red/unread threads. Might catch up in mid-April when I take a week off work lol

Boo!
KDibildeaux
Captain

Postby KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:04 pm

debborah1 wrote:AS I don't really follow hockey at all....I was given two free tickets and a parking pass to the Coyotes game for yesterday...and gave them to my buddy who LOVES hockey....him and his girl went and were very thankful :o).....just thought I couldnt go another minute without sharing that with you...(just an excuse to post in this thread ;)

You should join us next weekend for the game!
KDibildeaux
Captain

Postby shaneos » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 pm

NuuX wrote:
ShoreSlayer wrote:And, btw Nuux, Way To Freaking RUN AWAY with it all in the home stretch. Totally putting distance between yourself and anyone with a hope in hell of making a late push. Plz stop now k thanks! ;)

OK, I'll ask my girlfriend for predictions again. The night before two HTs in a row I asked her for picks and I got shut out ;)

And it's a good chance I'll miss on HT tonight, one trick question there :)

Seriously man, lol. I have'nt had a HT in a couple of weeks. 5 is going to be hard to make up, assuming I get going, in which case my goal is to finish ahead of Rob :twisted:
shaneos
Chief Petty Officer

Postby ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:34 pm

shaneos wrote:...in which case my goal is to finish ahead of Rob :twisted:

Yeah, interestingly enough, my goal is just to catch you haha

Well, that and to not be caught by anyone for total points overall. I know it's about the HT's but I've maintained a degree of pride for being the King of 2 for 3's :lol:

ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:57 am

And despite my desire to pass you en route to maybe, possibly, somehow fluking out and making up ground on Nuux, I wish you good luck in getting a HT tomorrow as all good metalhead hockey fans deserve hat tricks on their birthdays!! :headbanger:

ShoreSlayer
Captain

Postby shaneos » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:43 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:And despite my desire to pass you en route to maybe, possibly, somehow fluking out and making up ground on Nuux, I wish you good luck in getting a HT tomorrow as all good metalhead hockey fans deserve hat tricks on their birthdays!! :headbanger:

Cheers Rob, It would be nice if that's all it took :beerwink:
shaneos
Chief Petty Officer

PreviousNext

Return to OFF COURSE