Post Reply 2575 posts
The BARGE TO HELL 2012 Megathread
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: The BARGE TO HELL Is Coming!

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:08 pm

The pirate attractions in Nassau sound like fun http://www.bargetohell.com/nassau.htm
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:21 pm

mooyagi wrote:SOON!!!! :P

Skipper, clicked on the link for forum, says a BtH forum is coming soon. That mean there will be two dedicated forums? One for 70K and one for BtH?

Edit: What I'm really curious about is if we will get Barge announcements through this forum as well as the BtH one.

To be honest, the die is not yet cast. But most likely there will be two dedicated forums.

:cheers:

Andy
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Andy wrote:

Skipper, clicked on the link for forum, says a BtH forum is coming soon. That mean there will be two dedicated forums? One for 70K and one for BtH?

Edit: What I'm really curious about is if we will get Barge announcements through this forum as well as the BtH one.

To be honest, the die is not yet cast. But most likely there will be two dedicated forums.

Andy

I think having 1 dedicated forum with a section specifically for 70k and another for Barge (and maybe separate Recruit sections)... but Engine Room and Off Course being shared might be a nice set up... just my thoughts
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:20 am

Andy wrote:

Andy

it would be nice to have a shared forum i admit but if we do a shared forum then we have to put up with power metal post padders :roll: but in the end i trust in your wisdom Skipper cause you threw one hell of a party this year and i cannot wait to be involved in as many as possible in the future :cheers:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:15 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Andy wrote:

Andy

I think having 1 dedicated forum with a section specifically for 70k and another for Barge (and maybe separate Recruit sections)... but Engine Room and Off Course being shared might be a nice set up... just my thoughts

I agree with you Mox. Thanks for checking in, Andy :cheers:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:13 am

Andy- Save me a cheap cabin on Deck 3. I was laid off February 5th and had planned to book the second the BTH went on sale.

70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:00 pm

CaptOblivious wrote:if we do a shared forum then we have to put up with power metal post padders

:heavydrink: Image :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:40 pm

hahaha BORAT! Love Borat :lol:

So, here's what I decided to do re Barge to Hell. Still not 100% sure I can swing this trip time & $$$-wise, but decided I'm going to book as soon as I can as a "single" traveler in the cheapest triple or quad room that is available. I'll pay whatever is required at time of booking for the deposit/first payment, and so on. Within the next few months, I should know if the trip is a go for me. Worst case scenario - if I have to cancel, the cancel fee early on is only $100 (at least it was for 70K - actually surprised it was that low up until 2 months of sailing http://www.70000tons.com/terms.htm ) Decided to book as a single traveler since I feel too iffy about being able to go to want to book with any specific people.

Here's hoping I can get a cheap cabin....and, of course - GO!
    :beerhorns: :beerhorns: :beerhorns: :beerhorns:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Laura wrote:hahaha BORAT! Love Borat :lol:

So, here's what I decided to do re Barge to Hell. Still not 100% sure I can swing this trip time & $$$-wise, but decided I'm going to book as a "single" traveler in the cheapest triple or quad room that is available. I'll pay whatever is required at time of booking for the deposit/first payment, and so on. Within the next few months, I should know if the trip is a go for me. Worst case scenario - if I have to cancel, the cancel fee early on is only $100 (at least it was for 70K - actually surprised it was that low up until 2 months of sailing http://www.70000tons.com/terms.htm ) Decided to book as a single traveler since I feel too iffy about being able to go to want to book with any specific people.

Actually Laura you could do what I did when I canceled the last cruise. I booked a quad cabin and was the lead passenger. When I decided I didn't want to go I asked the people at UMC what to do to get a refund. They told me they couldn't give me a refund because I reserved an individual bed in a quad but I could sell my spot for the full ammount that I paid. So if you book a quad on BTH and decide not to go, you could sell your spot to someone and not have to pay the cancelation fees. Just thought you'd like to know.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:11 pm

And you shouldn't have a problem finding someone to take your spot.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:41 pm

CaptOblivious wrote:it would be nice to have a shared forum i admit but if we do a shared forum then we have to put up with power metal post padders :roll: but in the end i trust in your wisdom Skipper cause you threw one hell of a party this year and i cannot wait to be involved in as many as possible in the future :cheers:

What about us post count padders that don't like power metal? :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Disco wrote:
    Laura wrote:hahaha BORAT! Love Borat :lol:

So, here's what I decided to do re Barge to Hell. Still not 100% sure I can swing this trip time & $$$-wise, but decided I'm going to book as a "single" traveler in the cheapest triple or quad room that is available. I'll pay whatever is required at time of booking for the deposit/first payment, and so on. Within the next few months, I should know if the trip is a go for me. Worst case scenario - if I have to cancel, the cancel fee early on is only $100 (at least it was for 70K - actually surprised it was that low up until 2 months of sailing http://www.70000tons.com/terms.htm ) Decided to book as a single traveler since I feel too iffy about being able to go to want to book with any specific people.

Actually Laura you could do what I did when I canceled the last cruise. I booked a quad cabin and was the lead passenger. When I decided I didn't want to go I asked the people at UMC what to do to get a refund. They told me they couldn't give me a refund because I reserved an individual bed in a quad but I could sell my spot for the full ammount that I paid. So if you book a quad on BTH and decide not to go, you could sell your spot to someone and not have to pay the cancelation fees. Just thought you'd like to know.

Thanks for the info Disco! Although I've got a few comments & questions - first of all, didn't realize you cancelled your 2012 cruise - may I ask when you did because I guess I don't get the cancellation policy. Why would you not have been able to get a refund from UMC less whatever % of what you paid depending on the date you cancelled? Thanks for mentioning the idea of selling the cabin - I have thought of that option, but thought it could potentially be a pain in the butt doing so, collecting the money, and so on. I never have read the recruit a cabinmate forum much so I don't know how easy/hard it was to sell spots. Any more thoughts on this Disco or anyone else?
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:14 am

Least it looks like BTH is gonna happen after all.
    Finally some sort of sign with the site that they still remember they were planning a second cruise in dec.
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:36 am

I am pre registered since august 2011 for the Barge to Hell but when i want to book, i arrive on the page for the pre registration. If i fill it, i arrive on a page written i m already pre registered, so how to book and pay? Must i received a mail with a code? something else?
    Someone knows?
    Thanks
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:09 am

gnoff wrote:
    lampropelma wrote:I am pre registered since august 2011 for the Barge to Hell but when i want to book, i arrive on the page for the pre registration. If i fill it, i arrive on a page written i m already pre registered, so how to book and pay? Must i received a mail with a code? something else?
    Someone knows?
    Thanks

I am fairly sure it is not yet open for booking, if you are registered you'll most likely get an email when it is possible to book.

Ok, many thanks Gnoff for the fast reply :heavydrink:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 am

Since Deicide sucks, cancels all their shows and are generally a laughing stock, definitely should get SWEDEN'S answer to Deicide (who are 10X better as well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMITOm9 ... st_related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pVZyzrL ... re=related

And who wouldn't want to hear this on the high seas ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E6RGcCK3Xk

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:06 am

gnoff wrote:more Swedish death :deathmetal:

I approve, get Aeon!

More Swedes = more better :death: :death: :death:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:00 pm

I got to watch Glen Benton get arrested as he got off his bus when Deicide showed up for a festival back in like '98... he had a long outstanding warrant. It was funny, but sadly his lawyers got it cleaned up and he still performed that night... but I got to leave early, so didn't really matter.
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Scott noticed that the cabins in a lot of cases are actually CHEAPER on BTH compared to 70k 2012!

70000 Tons
    OCEAN VIEW
    Category Deck Double/Twin Triple Quad
    Ocean View I 8 $1099 $999 $899
    Ocean View H 2 $1199 $1066 $933
    Ocean View G 3 $1299 $1133 $966
    Ocean View F 4-7 $1399 $1199 $999

SUPERIOR OCEAN VIEW
    Category Deck Double/Twin
    Superior SO 9 $1666

BARGE TO HELL
    OCEAN VIEW
    Category Deck Double/Twin Triple Quad
    Ocean View I 6-8 $1066 $933 $799
    Ocean View H 2 $1133 $999 $866
    Ocean View G 3 $1199 $1066 $933
    Ocean View F3 4 $1266
    Ocean View F2 5-7 $1333
    Ocean View F1 4-7 $1399 $1199 $999

SUPERIOR OCEAN VIEW
    Category Deck Double/Twin
    Superior SO 9 $1499
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:11 pm

^^^^^^^^^70KTOM was cheaper the first go-around too.......
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Image the power and folk weenies for all they are worth

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Really Debb ? I thought the prices were the same both years for 70 K ?
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Really Debb ? I thought the prices were the same both years for 70 K ?

Nope, most of the cabins went up. Maybe they had to pay Nightwish more :roll:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Yep - did a bit of a forum search and couldn't find a full breakdown of 2011 vs 2012 (I thought there was one somewhere)

I did find this little comparison in one of the threads.

70k 2011
    Interior N 2 866
    Interior M 3 899
    Interior L 4 933
    Interior K 5-7 966

70k 2012
    Interior N 2 933
    Interior M 3 999
    Interior L 4 1066
    Interior K 5-7 1133

I'm also pretty sure that the balcony junior suite double increased from $1999 to $2333.

So it looks as though 2011 to 2012, Interior cabins went up, Ocean View stayed the same. Now from 2012 to BTH, Interior have stayed the same, Ocean View has gone DOWN.

I guess its the whole supply and demand thing - as interiors have tended to sell out the quickest, their prices are coming more in line with the ocean view cabins.

Just my 5 cents worth. I'd give my 2 cents worth, but Australia no longer has 2 cent coins and I'd rather round up than down because then I'd be giving you no cents worth.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So it looks as though 2011 to 2012, Interior cabins went up, Ocean View stayed the same. Now from 2012 to BTH, Interior have stayed the same, Ocean View has gone DOWN.

If I remember correctly, I payed more for an interior quad this year but it was not because the base price went up. It was an increase in the extra fee that gets smacked onto the base.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Barge quads in category N are $666 http://www.bargetohell.com/pricing.htm (plus the $289 fees = $955)

I did doubles last two 70K - didn't think I'd want to do a quad, but hope to get one of those...that's a deal too good to pass up. :P
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:19 pm

I hope 70K doesn't go up a lot next year :?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:06 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:So it looks as though 2011 to 2012, Interior cabins went up, Ocean View stayed the same. Now from 2012 to BTH, Interior have stayed the same, Ocean View has gone DOWN.

If I remember correctly, I payed more for an interior quad this year but it was not because the base price went up. It was an increase in the extra fee that gets smacked onto the base.

Yep - taxes/gratuities/etc increased from $249 in 2011 to $289 in 2012.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:37 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I hope 70K doesn't go up a lot next year :?

And I hope the quads stay $666 my first one for BTH and 70k planned!!!
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:19 pm

Laura wrote:Barge quads in category N are $666 http://www.bargetohell.com/pricing.htm (plus the $289 fees = $955)

I did doubles last two 70K - didn't think I'd want to do a quad, but hope to get one of those...that's a deal too good to pass up. :P

that's a good deal, i might go quad this barge to save money as well....
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • KevinP
    Commander

Re: Forum Rank

by KevinP » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Laura wrote:Barge quads in category N are $666 http://www.bargetohell.com/pricing.htm (plus the $289 fees = $955)

Once you go quad, you, hmmmm, crave a thick wad? Or maybe once you go quad you need a rod.

Ah whatever, thats the best I got right now
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: Forum Rank

by KDibildeaux » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:07 pm

KevinP wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

Once you go quad, you, hmmmm, crave a thick wad? Or maybe once you go quad you need a rod.

Ah whatever, thats the best I got right now

Who knew you could be so poetic?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:23 pm

So I'm wondering how, logistically speaking, things are going to be different with BTH.

The destination, Nassau, is MUCH closer to Miami than Cozumel and George Town. Less than 200 miles, whereas the sailing distance for both 70k journeys was closer to 600 miles.

So, is the ship going to travel at a much slower pace? More time allowed at the destination (arrive earlier/leave later)?

Just wondering :-)

EDIT: Just noticed the wording on the BTH page:

We will arrive at our Port of Call very early in the morning and leave later that evening, giving you lots of time to explore
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:25 pm

How did Kevin manage to get the header of his post (and Kate's subsequent post) to say Forum Rank? :lol:

As for Cowboy's comments, that would be interesting to find out. Maybe the ship doesn't take a direct route so the trip is longer.
    cowboy71
    Commander

Buggered if I know!

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:29 pm

mooyagi wrote:How did Kevin manage to get the header of his post (and Kate's subsequent post) to say Forum Rank? :lol:

As for Cowboy's comments, that would be interesting to find out. Maybe the ship doesn't take a direct route so the trip is longer.

No Idea.... :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

A true Quandary (to Mooyagi)

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:22 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:How did Kevin manage to get the header of his post (and Kate's subsequent post) to say Forum Rank? :lol:

No Idea.... :P

the question is more... "why would he make it Forum Rank?" My guess is it was a post moved here from Forum Rank

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:57 am

yeah that is weird, no idea how that happened :? :? :?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

You is just gifted Kevin

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:36 am

:3drunks:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • KevinP
    Commander

Ain't that da TRUTH

by KevinP » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:47 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

Hey everyone! Look at me!

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:56 am

I can do it too!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival