Post Reply 547 posts
Tuska 2012
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Tuska 2012

by MadameLePink » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:41 am

WizardBeast wrote:my boss had better give the ok for my time off for Tuska, as of course, Baconifestivali buttons are being printed as we speak.

Awesome :) Maybe in 20 years there will be an exhibition or a museum with buttons and other items from the many editions of Baconfestivalen/Baconifestivali that we are going to have :mrgreen:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:13 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:my boss had better give the ok for my time off for Tuska, as of course, Baconifestivali buttons are being printed as we speak.

Awesome :) Maybe in 20 years there will be an exhibition or a museum with buttons and other items from the many editions of Baconfestivalen/Baconifestivali that we are going to have :mrgreen:

that museum will probably be at my house LOL
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:59 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:

that museum will probably be at my house LOL

Expect many pilgrims then :mrgreen:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:02 am

Rhia, you know you have to learn Finnish for the Baconifestivali?

Siispä, miten VelhoPedon suomen opinnot sujuvat? Ei tämä niin vaikeaa ole. :beerwink:
    olut, kalja, bisse = beer
    pekoni = bacon
    banaani = banana
    apinanpaska = apeshit
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 am

Memnoch wrote:Rhia, you know you have to learn Finnish for the Baconifestivali?

Siispä, miten VelhoPedon suomen opinnot sujuvat? Ei tämä niin vaikeaa ole. :beerwink:
    pekoni = bacon
    banaani = banana
    apinanpaska = apeshit

well i already knew pekoni so this is good. however, i just thought you add an "i" to most things and an "a" to other things and you're speaking Finnish! hahah. doomi triangali and pekoni for Amon Amaarrtii

VelhoPedon = cool! :cool:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:41 am

Actually it would be VelhoPeto (peto is beast; pedon is beast's, and to confuse you a bit more, pedot is beasts). :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:06 am

Memnoch wrote:Actually it would be VelhoPeto (peto is beast; pedon is beast's, and to confuse you a bit more, pedot is beasts). :beerwink:

i like it! VelhoPeto rakastaa pekonia!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 am

BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrive in Helsinki at 15:15 on 28 June, depart 14:10 on 3 July....just need to work out a place to crash monday july 2 and i'm all set.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Rhia, look no further. You're welcome to stay at my or Riikka's place. I'll befriend you two on facebook - you already met onbroad. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:12 pm

WizardBeast wrote:BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrive in Helsinki at 15:15 on 28 June, depart 14:10 on 3 July....just need to work out a place to crash monday july 2 and i'm all set.

Have fun! I plan on going to Tuska sometime, but don't really care for the lineup this year
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Memnoch wrote:Rhia, look no further. You're welcome to stay at my or Riikka's place. I'll befriend you two on facebook - you already met onbroad. :beerwink:

kiitos!
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:00 pm

if not trip the Espoo woods of interest to you are welcome East helsinki
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:27 am

How many people will be at the baconifestivali? As Gnoff will arrive quite late, it would be easier to have it in our apartment, but there's only a 3 seats sofa and a sofa table. Would people mind sitting on the floor?
    Ville, we should invite Jussi too. He seems like a bacon kind of guy :lol:

Beer and bananas!
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:47 am

MadameLePink wrote:How many people will be at the baconifestivali? As Gnoff will arrive quite late, it would be easier to have it in our apartment, but there's only a 3 seats sofa and a sofa table. Would people mind sitting on the floor?

If we have a lot of awesome visitors to the baconfestivali I'll be more than happy to sit on the floor (floori). :shred:
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:28 am

gnoff wrote:
    Uncle Soda wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:How many people will be at the baconifestivali? As Gnoff will arrive quite late, it would be easier to have it in our apartment, but there's only a 3 seats sofa and a sofa table. Would people mind sitting on the floor?

If we have a lot of awesome visitors to the baconfestivali I'll be more than happy to sit on the floor (floori). :shred:

I'll joini you on the floori!

"My" apartment is not that far away, we could carry over my sofa, hahaha

You've got so many good ideas :lol:

Beer and bananas!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 am

gnoff wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Rhia, you know you have to learn Finnish for the Baconifestivali?

pekoni = bacon
    banaani = banana
    apinanpaska = apeshit

Other important ones (and Ville needs to chcek spelling):

Kalsarikännit (underwear drunk party)
    Minä olen kännissä (I am drunk)
    Missä on kalalokki (where are the seagulls)
    Mulla on mun moottorisaha mukana (I have my chainsaw with me)
    Sine olen hampaton pulipä sikka (You are a bald toothless pig)

Very important ones to know :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:49 am

I have some good finnish lines to add, but I'd have to figure out where I put the sheet, it was from 2006 :lol:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:08 am

gnoff wrote:Other important ones (and Ville needs to chcek spelling):

Kalsarikännit (underwear drunk party)
    Minä olen kännissä (I am drunk)
    Missä on kalalokki (where are the seagulls)
    Mulla on mun moottorisaha mukana (I have my chainsaw with me)
    Sine olen hampaton pulipä sikka (You are a bald toothless pig)

Whoa, almost perfect Finnish! A couple of corrections though.
    Where are the seagulls would be "Missä kalalokit ovat?" Yours was just fine, but it wasn't in plural form, and the order of the words should be different (well, that one's correct too and it has pretty much the same meaning too, but the more common and better order would be like I wrote).
    And the last one should be "Sinä olet hampaaton pulipää (or kalju) sika".

:beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Uncle Soda wrote:

i have 10 buttons so far, i hope that's enough!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 pm

gnoff wrote:The last one is usually what most finns get confused about, since I pronounce it wrong, this will help :cheers:

Don't worry, we're easy to confuse. :lol:

Oh, and we definitely need to have Jussi, my long lost swamp walrus brother, at the baconifestivali. We'll see, hm, soon-ish, abot how many visitors baconfestivali would attract. There's always the place at Riikka's building where we had the Halloween party. Plenty of room for bacon, beer and bananas - and it's close to a railway station, so getting there (and back to town) wouldn't be a problem.
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:49 am

Memnoch wrote:
    gnoff wrote:The last one is usually what most finns get confused about, since I pronounce it wrong, this will help :cheers:

Don't worry, we're easy to confuse. :lol:

Oh, and we definitely need to have Jussi, my long lost swamp walrus brother, at the baconifestivali. We'll see, hm, soon-ish, abot how many visitors baconfestivali would attract. There's always the place at Riikka's building where we had the Halloween party. Plenty of room for bacon, beer and bananas - and it's close to a railway station, so getting there (and back to town) wouldn't be a problem.

That's true, we could be lots of people in there and there's a kitchen too! We can promote the event and see how many people are interested :beerwink: And I guess it will also depend on you guys and if you are working that day and the day after, as it's a thursday. We don't want to leave the cleaning to Riikka either ;)

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:12 am

I could easily leave the cleaning to Riikka. :lol:
    Yeah, I'm working on the Friday, but could do the baconifestivali as we'd have to be out the place by 23:00 anyhow, so I'd be home by midnight.
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:34 am

Memnoch wrote:I could easily leave the cleaning to Riikka. :lol:
    Yeah, I'm working on the Friday, but could do the baconifestivali as we'd have to be out the place by 23:00 anyhow, so I'd be home by midnight.

Haha... I knew you would say that :lol:

But it sounds like a really good option and if Gnoff and his buddies can come straight from the airport, it should work for everybody :bangers:

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:56 am

gnoff wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I could easily leave the cleaning to Riikka. :lol:

Haha... I knew you would say that :lol:

But it sounds like a really good option and if Gnoff and his buddies can come straight from the airport, it should work for everybody :bangers:

If I can outsource the buying of beers that does sound like a cool plan!

Sure, Rhia will be with us for the shopping, so I'm sure she can choose some good beers for you. I know you don't want me or Fredrik to buy your beers :lol:

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:37 am

MadameLePink wrote:But it sounds like a really good option and if Gnoff and his buddies can come straight from the airport, it should work for everybody :bangers:

Yes. Oh, and maybe I'll even ask Riikka about this...soon. Then again, why would she be interested in Rhia staying or us having (and inviting lots of people) a baconifestivali at her place? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:22 am

Memnoch wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:But it sounds like a really good option and if Gnoff and his buddies can come straight from the airport, it should work for everybody :bangers:

Yes. Oh, and maybe I'll even ask Riikka about this...soon. Then again, why would she be interested in Rhia staying or us having (and inviting lots of people) a baconifestivali at her place? :lol:

I guess she is used to you making decisions for her (and having to clean afterwards :lol: Poor Riikka!)

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 am

gnoff wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:

don't you have your own set of keys to her place?
    would be a nice surprise for her after work to find a bunch of cool, baconmunching, drunk international metalheads in her place, no?

Actually I do. :lol:
    And I'm sure she wouldn't mind you being there as you were the one keeping her on her feet at the pre-party. :lol: At the very least she owes you a beer!
    Wishlist:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:22 am

Sounds like some great plans. Yes I will hook up with Laura and Fredrik and help with the shopping and get lots of beer! Tell me what Riikka drinks and I will hook her up too!

Sweet.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:45 am

WizardBeast wrote:Tell me what Riikka drinks and I will hook her up too!

Dare I tell this at all? She's not big on beer. :cry:
    Her fav is Karpalolonkero (what's this, a Finnish word with no i's?), but we can get that cheaper from Tallinn. :beerwink:
    I'll buy some great Estonian long drinks and beers for everyone to try.
    Wishlist:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:21 am

gnoff wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:

Her fav is Karpalolonkero (what's this, a Finnish word with no i's?), but we can get that cheaper from Tallinn. :beerwink:

Cool!

We could get Riikka some Gambina :stagger:

tell me what to get and i'll do it!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 am

gnoff wrote:^^ Sweet!!

I'll do it

SOON

damn, i didn't even see how badly i set myself up....***hides****
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Memnoch wrote:

I had Lonkero when I was at Hevimesta in Oulu :D. Wasn't crazy about it.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:25 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:

I had Lonkero when I was at Hevimesta in Oulu :D. Wasn't crazy about it.

what is it?
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:19 pm

lonkero is dishwater !!!!!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Not sure. It tasted like Squirt and some kind of booze
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Kate, did you have the normal grapefruit lonkero (grey stuff) or the yummy cranberry one (red one)?
    Rhia, it's a mixed drink of grapefruit soda and gin, and there's a couple of other flavors like the cranberry one (karpalolonkero). They're called long drinks and are pretty similar to Mike's Hard Lemonade and such.
    My favourites are the Lithuanian kiwi-apple one and Estonian rhubarb-apple one.
    Wishlist:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:01 pm

The grapefruit one, didn't like it much. Cranberry sounds better
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:04 pm

It is, much better. I don't like the grapefruit one either.

Hmm, I'll have to go to Lithuania soon to get some of the good stuff. Too bad they don't sell the kiwi-apple one here (or in Estonia). :cry:
    Wishlist:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:07 pm

Kiwi-apple sounds delicious!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:22 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Kiwi-apple sounds delicious!

It is. :gulp:
    Wishlist:
Post Reply 547 posts