Post Reply 327 posts
Thank all you sailors onbroad once again!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: Thank all you sailors onbroad once again!

by WizardBeast » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:02 am

i don't think we're going to get any new bands this weekend....just my feeling.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:36 am

I wouldn't expect any new bands for a while, given that we've already gotten close to half of the lineup. Booking wouldn't be a bad thing to get started on though.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:38 am

mooyagi wrote:I wouldn't expect any new bands for a while, given that we've already gotten close to half of the lineup. Booking wouldn't be a bad thing to get started on though.

touche!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:31 pm

mooyagi wrote:I wouldn't expect any new bands for a while, given that we've already gotten close to half of the lineup. Booking wouldn't be a bad thing to get started on though.

Moronic statements like this need to be abolished. I want MINIMUM 50% of the lineup, otherwise I'm just gonna...well, I'm gonna book anyways, but I just want more. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:08 pm

KevinP wrote:

Moronic statements like this need to be abolished. I want MINIMUM 50% of the lineup, otherwise I'm just gonna...well, I'm gonna book anyways, but I just want more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fair enough. Way to lose your leverage, though. You're supposed to tell him that you won't book until you get 50% of the bands. Although, really, we're already at 16. Throw Shrek a bone, Skip and give us four more bands. :mrgreen:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:14 pm

KevinP wrote:I'm already feeling withdrawal pains. I need another 4 bands this weekend. And at least 1 of the wet-n-giggly variety.

And they should announce in advance when to expect a new announcement to build excitement as opposed to just randomly posting it.

I wish they'd announce a bunch of 70K bands to help the ones who are only going on one decide
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:21 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fair enough. Way to lose your leverage, though. You're supposed to tell him that you won't book until you get 50% of the bands. Although, really, we're already at 16. Throw Shrek a bone, Skip and give us four more bands. :mrgreen:

Andrew knows he's got a whole bunch of us by the balls (or uteruses), so I'm not gonna call his bluff. I'm appealing to his sense of keeping me wet-n-giggly. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

I would like at least ONE more just to string us along and keep us wet& giggly..and keep me from twitching...already going through announcement withdrawal :bitch:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:09 am

gnoff wrote:

I want to book!

And I don't need any more band announcements for a good while!

have all bands and a running order like 3 weeks pre-crusie would be sweet though, a girl can dream, right? :D

I'm hoping they don't start booking for a little bit or until we get a bit of 70K info
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:10 am

gnoff wrote:the dates for 70k before you can book barge would be cool, though don't wait too long for any of them :D

It's looking like it's going to be around the same time
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:01 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I'm hoping they don't start booking for a little bit or until we get a bit of 70K info

I'ld be shocked if that was the case. #1, that would be alot for them to jugggle. #2, why give people the choice. You want as many to commit as possible to Barge and once they are committed, you want them to hopefully commit to 70K as well. Giving people an option makes them have a choice.

From a business standpoint, UMC would want as many repeat customers as possible. Choice inhibits that. So once you slap down some Barge $$$, then release 70K info and hope those with too much money to blow do both (not I though).

So make sure MADDER MORTEM is on Barge. Yeah they don't necessarily fit the exact theme of the cruise. but if you have Moonspell & Sanctuary then you can surely have

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Having listened to MM quite a bit now (and really digging it!) I have to agree.

While I would not consider them a "perfect fit" for Barge just based on Barge's premise alone, they certainly belong just as much if not moreso than bands like Sanctuary, Moonspell and Paradise Lost (discounting PL's early stuff). :death:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:16 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Having listened to MM quite a bit now (and really digging it!) I have to agree.

While I would not consider them a "perfect fit" for Barge just based on Barge's premise alone, they certainly belong just as much if not moreso than bands like Sanctuary, Moonspell and Paradise Lost (discounting PL's early stuff). :death:

Glad to hear you enjoy them. Now we finally have 2 things in common: MM & Vegemite :death: :death: :death:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:13 pm

KevinP wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:I'm hoping they don't start booking for a little bit or until we get a bit of 70K info

I'ld be shocked if that was the case. #1, that would be alot for them to jugggle. #2, why give people the choice. You want as many to commit as possible to Barge and once they are committed, you want them to hopefully commit to 70K as well. Giving people an option makes them have a choice.

From a business standpoint, UMC would want as many repeat customers as possible. Choice inhibits that. So once you slap down some Barge $$$, then release 70K info and hope those with too much money to blow do both (not I though).

So make sure MADDER MORTEM is on Barge. Yeah they don't necessarily fit the exact theme of the cruise. but if you have Moonspell & Sanctuary then you can surely have

Exactly
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:37 pm

KevinP wrote:

From a business standpoint, UMC would want as many repeat customers as possible. Choice inhibits that. So once you slap down some Barge $$$, then release 70K info and hope those with too much money to blow do both (not I though)

Well yes, but I still want them to give me 70K info NOW! :lol:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:07 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Well yes, but I still want them to give me 70K info NOW! :lol:

There's plenty of space available in Utopia for you to move in :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:41 am

KevinP wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Well yes, but I still want them to give me 70K info NOW! :lol:

Sweet! It's about time I left AZ! :lol:

A girl can dream :mrgreen:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 am

KDibildeaux wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Go to Albuquerque, take a left. See you in Denver! :D
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 am

So is Japan gonna get any love on this year's lineup? I hope so. Also prog. Last year first announcements were on the 18th, so hopefully next week we'll get some news!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:50 am

Stained Class wrote:So is Japan gonna get any love on this year's lineup? I hope so. Also prog. Last year first announcements were on the 18th, so hopefully next week we'll get some news!

I'd love to see Sigh on the ship
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:So is Japan gonna get any love on this year's lineup? I hope so. Also prog. Last year first announcements were on the 18th, so hopefully next week we'll get some news!

Been listening to Galneryus a bunch today, they'd be sweet. Dir En Grey and Blood Stain Child are awesome too.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 am

hell yeah, all for this! :death: <---pretend that somehow relates to love for Japan/prog.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:08 am

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 am

Stained Class wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Been listening to Galneryus a bunch today, they'd be sweet. Dir En Grey and Blood Stain Child are awesome too.

Blood Stain Child was okay back when they were a blatant CoB ripoff (at least I thought so back then :lol: ) but I don't like the techno shit (granted, being hammered and rocking out with some glow sticks in the Spectrum could be pretty damn fun). Dir En Grey I could never get into. Galneryus would be sweet!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:11 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

doesn't everybody always take that wrong turn at Albuquerque?
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:14 am

I'd be happy with some Japanese metal... Sigh, Blood Stain Child playing 1st 2 records, Shadow, Yellow Machinegun
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:43 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

doesn't everybody always take that wrong turn at Albuquerque?

that's why i'm telling her! LEFT!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA glad someone picked up on that.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Just looking back at last year's activity.

29/03/2011 - Dates for 70K 2012 were announced
    18/04/2011 - First 7 Bands announced
    20/04/2011 - Promo codes for early booking sent to veterans.

So we're already 2 weeks past when dates for this year were announced - gives further weight to the theory that 70k 2013 could be a tad later in the year?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Just looking back at last year's activity.

So we're already 2 weeks past when dates for this year were announced - gives further weight to the theory that 70k 2013 could be a tad later in the year?

i sure hope so since i plan on trying to go to both cruises! let's have it in march!!!!!!!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:01 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    KevinP wrote:There's plenty of space available in Utopia for you to move in :lol:

There is a headhunter that's been calling me and he was talking about job opportunities and he mentioned Denver ;)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:02 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Just looking back at last year's activity.

i sure hope so since i plan on trying to go to both cruises! let's have it in march!!!!!!!

Would be nice but I'm thinking it's just being delayed due to being focused on Barge
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:14 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Sweet! It's about time I left AZ! :lol:

There is a headhunter that's been calling me and he was talking about job opportunities and he mentioned Denver ;)

and the head shrinker keeps insisting on New Guinea...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:11 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Would be nice but I'm thinking it's just being delayed due to being focused on Barge

Me disagrees strongly :P

Barge dates were unveiled on the final days of 70k 2012 - over 300 days out from Dec 3.
    70k 2012 dates were unveiled 29 March 2011 - over 300 days out.
    70k 2011 dates were unveiled in 2009 - well over a year out.

If 70k 2013 took place at the same time - the last full week of January, so Jan 21st to Jan 25th 2013 - that is 'only' 285 days away now.

I reckon that 300+ days is a pretty good 'benchmark' for how much notice they want to give people. Any less and you start shrinking your target market.

Hence why I believe that the dates will be a bit later in 2013.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:51 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Would be nice but I'm thinking it's just being delayed due to being focused on Barge

Barge dates were unveiled on the final days of 70k 2012 - over 300 days out from Dec 3.

If 70k 2013 took place at the same time - the last full week of January, so Jan 21st to Jan 25th 2013 - that is 'only' 285 days away now.

I reckon that 300+ days is a pretty good 'benchmark' for how much notice they want to give people. Any less and you start shrinking your target market.

Could be though I was told they'd be roughly the same dates
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:52 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Could be though I was told they'd be roughly the same dates

Is UMC roughly to roughly what UMC soon is to soon?
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Sure, why not? :lol:
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:01 am

I hope not. January is a great time for the cruise.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 am

Jebus_Cripes wrote:January is a great time for the cruise.

A perfect time - like miami is a perfect place to start ....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    kCJ
    Crewman

by kCJ » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:08 pm

Lala wrote:
    Jebus_Cripes wrote:January is a great time for the cruise.

A perfect time - like miami is a perfect place to start ....

Perfect place: yes!
    Perfect time in january the same week next year: not for me! :| Because I have now a new job in my company (CEO assistant and something like that) and I have to work next year at this time because I have to go to a big german sweets fair trade to cologne at this time. .......

But.... weren´t there a lot of RUMORS this year on the boat? Why is the confirmation so late this year????? Didn´t somebody said: could be, that the next or another cruise will start in Europe next year, in summer???? We wanna know the date very urgent, because I have to know if we can go or not.

By the way Lala: thank you again for your very good website and your Scheiße ich weiß nicht, was das auf Englisch heißt, Bericht über die Kreuzfahrt! :heavydrink: On your last statement site we found the links to the Grave Digger Videos and we were on one of them. :shock:

@Tyr: still waiting for your mail adress, still have the picture of you and a band member which I want to send to you! Thank you for beeing so friendly and spend a lot of time with me. ;)

@all: sorry for beeing not so long here, but: my mother in law was in hospital after the cruise, back to her home and at a time we thougt everything is o.k. she came again to hospital for an operation and a few days later she died.......
    Greetz to all the few forum members I have met. You were absolutely great! :cheers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Unless we know the source of those rumors it could just be drunken speculation. All in all, we don't know anything and we won't actually know until the details are released. I recall talk of a European cruise, but that doesn't necessarily mean 70K as UMC, if I recall correctly, has 4 cruises in the works. My thought would be that they keep the flagship (70K) in the US, Barge is #2, a potential European cruise for #3 and a total wild card for #4.
Post Reply 327 posts