Random bitching thread

Discuss anything else here

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:29 pm

MadameLePink wrote:
vikingbitch wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:that sounds like one weird cat. mine might come over to meet ya with a few friendly sniffs, but after a while he'd be out of your way.


It pissed me off so much. The thing was bloody evil and sneaky as hell. And I was not overly impressed by the sensitivity that Jason had about it "oh look how cute Atari (cat) is, come here Atari!" "I don't understand why she freaks you out so much, she just is really aggressive and playful. How can a cat freak you or anyone out?" *sits and does nothing*. Yup, almost ended it because of that damn cat :lol: okay, perhaps melodramatic but urgggghhhhh


I hate cats too and I am sure they can feel it and get very annoying on purpose :evil: Evil creatures!


i would think that Jason would understand you're not into cats and not say "aww isn't she so cute" when you clearly don't agree. i love my cat but he is also crazy at times so i can understand why not everyone likes them. and i think boy kitties are generally sweeter....
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby vikingbitch » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:49 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i would think that Jason would understand you're not into cats and not say "aww isn't she so cute" when you clearly don't agree. i love my cat but he is also crazy at times so i can understand why not everyone likes them. and i think boy kitties are generally sweeter....


Its a bunch of bullshit is what it is. I guess I'm going to have to get used to it. Uggghhhh :bitch:

KDibildeaux wrote:She does seem weird. She's probably jealous of you and not happy about having to share your guy. In my experience females cats are much bitchier than males


This makes sense. Cats or humans or whatever species, it always boggles me how much more territorial women can be than men.

Although I have found men (the human kind) to be bitchier than women :lol:
SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012 & 70K2013. NEXT UP: 70K2014
User avatar
vikingbitch
Lieutenant-Commander
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:08 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Its a bunch of bullshit is what it is. I guess I'm going to have to get used to it. Uggghhhh :bitch:

KDibildeaux wrote:She does seem weird. She's probably jealous of you and not happy about having to share your guy. In my experience females cats are much bitchier than males


This makes sense. Cats or humans or whatever species, it always boggles me how much more territorial women can be than men.

Although I have found men (the human kind) to be bitchier than women :lol:

My ex had a cat that reaaaaally didn't like me. But then again, she wasn't even very nice to him :lol:. Hm..... I think I've had equal bitchiness from guys and girls, though I did notice my guy friends were waaaaaaay more gossipy than my girl friends :lol:
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User avatar
KDibildeaux
Captain
 
Posts: 13874
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 pm

The thing I hate about cooking is how long some of it takes :shock:
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User avatar
KDibildeaux
Captain
 
Posts: 13874
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:15 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:The thing I hate about cooking is how long some of it takes :shock:


and then there's junk that doesn't take long but doesn't really satisfy :evil: :evil: :evil:
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:17 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote:The thing I hate about cooking is how long some of it takes :shock:


and then there's junk that doesn't take long but doesn't really satisfy :evil: :evil: :evil:

Or does but is really bad for you :lol:. Making lentil soup now :D
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User avatar
KDibildeaux
Captain
 
Posts: 13874
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby mooyagi » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:19 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:The thing I hate about cooking is how long some of it takes :shock:


I'm hungry now! :bitch:
See you all on 70K 2015! :deathhorns:
User avatar
mooyagi
Captain
 
Posts: 19884
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:
KDibildeaux wrote:The thing I hate about cooking is how long some of it takes :shock:


and then there's junk that doesn't take long but doesn't really satisfy :evil: :evil: :evil:

Or does but is really bad for you :lol:. Making lentil soup now :D


mm, i love soup! had chicken soup today with diced tomatoes/avocado added at the end, love it.
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:52 pm

I love soup, too. Could eat it every day :mrgreen:
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User avatar
KDibildeaux
Captain
 
Posts: 13874
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:57 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I love soup, too. Could eat it every day :mrgreen:


my faves are minestrone, chicken soup (like i had today, chicken with toasted cumin and chilis then add your tomatoes and avocado at the end), beef and barley, homemade turkey noodle soup from thanksgiving leftovers...so damn good. hot and sour soup, thai mushroom soup, miso soup, wonton soup, french onion soup, italian wedding soup, lobster bisque, tomato soup, split pea soup, clam chowder, cioppino, and those are a few of my favorite soups! i pretty much like any soup hahaha.

in fact i decided i MUST make italian wedding soup this weekend when i get some time!
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby AlaskaRachel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:49 am

Waiting to get paid on an ebay sale is the worst :bitch:
User avatar
AlaskaRachel
Lieutenant-Commander
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby sageoftruth » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:36 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Waiting to get paid on an ebay sale is the worst :bitch:


Never done that before. What's it like.
sageoftruth
Sub-Lieutenant
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby Stained Class » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:02 am

sageoftruth wrote:
AlaskaRachel wrote:Waiting to get paid on an ebay sale is the worst :bitch:


Never done that before. What's it like.

It's the worst! :lol:
The infamous LOLLIPOP

70K 2011, 70K 2012, BTH 2012, 70K 2013, 70K 2014
go on ALL the cruises!

Much want:
Æther.Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Be'Lakor-/-Conquering.Dystopia-/-Equilibrium-/-Haken-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ihsahn-/-Insomnium-/-Kalmah-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Voyager-/-Wolfheart

Also want:
Aeternam-/-Armory-/-Ayreon-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Bolt.Thrower-/-Brymir-/-Dan.Swano-/-Demons.And.Wizards-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Dio.Disciples-/-Dream.Evil-/-Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow-/-Evile-/-Firewind-/-Galneryus-/-Gojira-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Heathen-/-Hibria-/-Illogicist-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Inferi-/-Labyrinth-/-Luna.Mortis-/-Madder.Mortem-/-Obscura-/-Pathfinder-/-Persuader-/-Powerwolf-/-Revocation-/-Savage.Messiah-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Spawn.Of.Possession-/-Steel.Panther-/-Striker-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-Thaurorod-/-Wolfchant

Repeats:
The.Absence-/-Coroner-/-Onslaught-/-Therion-/-Uli.Jon.Roth
User avatar
Stained Class
Commander
 
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby DrinkMoxie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:31 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Waiting to get paid on an ebay sale is the worst :bitch:

I've been lucky so far, aside from the 2 nonpaying bidders, almost all of my buyers have paid in less than a day, and the only one that took more than a few days emailed me and told me which day he was paying.
Powerwolf-NeObliviscaris-JulieLaughsNomore-Hypocrisy-Kalmah-Nightfall-Gardenian-Gojira-CarBomb-Neurosis-Sargon-Sacrifice-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-Agalloch-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Therion-Sigh-Firewind-Jaldaboath-Korpiklaani-Shangren-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Borknagar-DimensionZero-Heathen-MentalHome-MorsPrincipiumEst-Myrath-Illogicist-Gnostic-Hacride-BoltThrower-Goatwhore-MiseryIndex-Xentrix-Acrassicauda-LakeOfTears-Impious-Melechesh-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-Vinterland-Heidevolk-Zimmer'sHole-Apocalyptica-Witchery-Skyfire-Annihilator-Trepalium-EphelDuath-UnleashTheArchers-OctoberTide-Skeletonwitch-InExtremo-DaylightDies-Sodom-Desultory

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
User avatar
DrinkMoxie
Commander
 
Posts: 6894
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: McKees Rocks, PA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 am

gnoff wrote:potatoe and leek soup with added crispy bacon just before serving, mmm!



WANT!

i love leek and potato soup! i can make it...
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:03 pm

THERE IS A MASSIVE CAKE WITH WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING IN THE BREAK ROOM and my one coworker has MACAROONS on her DESK!

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME?

i did not eat any of it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby mooyagi » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 pm

WizardBeast wrote:THERE IS A MASSIVE CAKE WITH WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING IN THE BREAK ROOM and my one coworker has MACAROONS on her DESK!

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME?

i did not eat any of it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Let them eat cake! You have your soup :lol:
See you all on 70K 2015! :deathhorns:
User avatar
mooyagi
Captain
 
Posts: 19884
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:17 pm

mooyagi wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:THERE IS A MASSIVE CAKE WITH WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING IN THE BREAK ROOM and my one coworker has MACAROONS on her DESK!

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME?

i did not eat any of it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Let them eat cake! You have your soup :lol:


I did have soup and did pass on the cake....as i said this new diet could be why i'm scatterbrained lately. need to adjust to a less beastly amount of calories...sigh.
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:23 pm

gnoff wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:
gnoff wrote:potatoe and leek soup with added crispy bacon just before serving, mmm!



WANT!

i love leek and potato soup! i can make it...



it's bombass!


haven't made any in a while. probably won't with warmer weather coming....it's a bombass fall/winter soup!
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby mooyagi » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:25 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
mooyagi wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:THERE IS A MASSIVE CAKE WITH WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING IN THE BREAK ROOM and my one coworker has MACAROONS on her DESK!

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME?

i did not eat any of it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Let them eat cake! You have your soup :lol:


I did have soup and did pass on the cake....as i said this new diet could be why i'm scatterbrained lately. need to adjust to a less beastly amount of calories...sigh.


Sure, blame the diet :lol:
See you all on 70K 2015! :deathhorns:
User avatar
mooyagi
Captain
 
Posts: 19884
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:29 pm

mooyagi wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:

I did have soup and did pass on the cake....as i said this new diet could be why i'm scatterbrained lately. need to adjust to a less beastly amount of calories...sigh.


Sure, blame the diet :lol:


i'm pretty sure a change of 2000+ cals to 1250 cals will indeed impact a person mentally.
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:33 pm

yeah, i guess i almost lost my shit this morning, luckily i am pretty good at keeping myself even-keeled.
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby MadameLePink » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:06 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
mooyagi wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:

I did have soup and did pass on the cake....as i said this new diet could be why i'm scatterbrained lately. need to adjust to a less beastly amount of calories...sigh.


Sure, blame the diet :lol:


i'm pretty sure a change of 2000+ cals to 1250 cals will indeed impact a person mentally.


What's your daily needed intake for your height and weight and style of life? You shouldn't change from 2000+ to 1250, especially if you also exercise. It's too little. Try with 1500-1700. It will take you a bit longer to reach your goal, but it will be more healthy and the results will be more permanent. Eating too little will definitely affect your mood and increase your chances of overeating at some point ;)
**
Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
User avatar
MadameLePink
Sub-Lieutenant
 
Posts: 1712
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:02 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:28 pm

on days i work out hard, i have 1500-1600 cals for sure! some days i only go for a light walk and i am closer to 1250 cals.

you're right though i have to remember to be patient with myself! :headbanger:

oh yeah and my metabolic rate was measured, i need 1730 calories to maintain my weight, so to lose a pound a week, i need to be at 1230...but if i exercise i can have more!
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby DrinkMoxie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:28 pm

WizardBeast wrote:on days i work out hard, i have 1500-1600 cals for sure! some days i only go for a light walk and i am closer to 1250 cals.

you're right though i have to remember to be patient with myself! :headbanger:

oh yeah and my metabolic rate was measured, i need 1730 calories to maintain my weight, so to lose a pound a week, i need to be at 1230...but if i exercise i can have more!

how, exactly, do they test that?
Powerwolf-NeObliviscaris-JulieLaughsNomore-Hypocrisy-Kalmah-Nightfall-Gardenian-Gojira-CarBomb-Neurosis-Sargon-Sacrifice-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-Agalloch-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Therion-Sigh-Firewind-Jaldaboath-Korpiklaani-Shangren-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Borknagar-DimensionZero-Heathen-MentalHome-MorsPrincipiumEst-Myrath-Illogicist-Gnostic-Hacride-BoltThrower-Goatwhore-MiseryIndex-Xentrix-Acrassicauda-LakeOfTears-Impious-Melechesh-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-Vinterland-Heidevolk-Zimmer'sHole-Apocalyptica-Witchery-Skyfire-Annihilator-Trepalium-EphelDuath-UnleashTheArchers-OctoberTide-Skeletonwitch-InExtremo-DaylightDies-Sodom-Desultory

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
User avatar
DrinkMoxie
Commander
 
Posts: 6894
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: McKees Rocks, PA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby KDibildeaux » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:43 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
mooyagi wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:THERE IS A MASSIVE CAKE WITH WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING IN THE BREAK ROOM and my one coworker has MACAROONS on her DESK!

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME?

i did not eat any of it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Let them eat cake! You have your soup :lol:


I did have soup and did pass on the cake....as i said this new diet could be why i'm scatterbrained lately. need to adjust to a less beastly amount of calories...sigh.

I'm trying to cut back on junk food and a vendor brought a box of donuts to work. I gave it to the crew. Oh the irony :lol:
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User avatar
KDibildeaux
Captain
 
Posts: 13874
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby KDibildeaux » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:45 pm

WizardBeast wrote:on days i work out hard, i have 1500-1600 cals for sure! some days i only go for a light walk and i am closer to 1250 cals.

you're right though i have to remember to be patient with myself! :headbanger:

oh yeah and my metabolic rate was measured, i need 1730 calories to maintain my weight, so to lose a pound a week, i need to be at 1230...but if i exercise i can have more!

1230 does seem crazy low! If you weren't working out at all it would be fine, but for an active lifestyle it seems very low.
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User avatar
KDibildeaux
Captain
 
Posts: 13874
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby Michael D. » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:01 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
WizardBeast wrote:on days i work out hard, i have 1500-1600 cals for sure! some days i only go for a light walk and i am closer to 1250 cals.

you're right though i have to remember to be patient with myself! :headbanger:

oh yeah and my metabolic rate was measured, i need 1730 calories to maintain my weight, so to lose a pound a week, i need to be at 1230...but if i exercise i can have more!

1230 does seem crazy low! If you weren't working out at all it would be fine, but for an active lifestyle it seems very low.


I would be absolutely staving on 1230 per day. Good God! I’m in the range of over 2000-3000 carbs per day and I’m still hungry and really don’t gain weight. It has taken all of my life to get to 180 lbs. and people STILL call me THIN! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
User avatar
Michael D.
Ensign
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: Inver Grove Hts., MN. USA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby KDibildeaux » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:32 pm

STUPID FOX SPORTS AND/ OR COMCAST!!!!!!! HOW DO YOU STOP BROADCASTING A GAME RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF OVERTIME??????
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User avatar
KDibildeaux
Captain
 
Posts: 13874
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby mooyagi » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:STUPID FOX SPORTS AND/ OR COMCAST!!!!!!! HOW DO YOU STOP BROADCASTING A GAME RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF OVERTIME??????


Fucking idiots. So glad I found that online stream just in time to see the goal.
See you all on 70K 2015! :deathhorns:
User avatar
mooyagi
Captain
 
Posts: 19884
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby AlaskaRachel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Fuuuuuuuuuu I'm up to me eyeballs in stress
User avatar
AlaskaRachel
Lieutenant-Commander
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby MadameLePink » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:00 am

WizardBeast wrote:on days i work out hard, i have 1500-1600 cals for sure! some days i only go for a light walk and i am closer to 1250 cals.

you're right though i have to remember to be patient with myself! :headbanger:

oh yeah and my metabolic rate was measured, i need 1730 calories to maintain my weight, so to lose a pound a week, i need to be at 1230...but if i exercise i can have more!


Then it's ok :mrgreen: I thought your need was higher as you wrote that you used to have 2000+ calories, but 500 calories less is the right way to do it :cheers: I lost 15 kg. in less than 6 months a couple of years ago, just cutting those 500 calories every day and trying to exercise a bit, but I had pizza and a few glasses of wine every saturday and a piece of chocolate every night with my caffe latte and I guess that's what made it easy, as there was always something to look forward to ;) Also we had fresh vegetables and fruit delivered every week or second week and I had to plan how to use all of those, so we had to do a menu plan every sunday night for the following week. It worked amazingly well, I learned to cook new things and some of those dishes became some of our favourites. I'll have to go back to that again, as I've taken 3 kg. back lately :cry:
**
Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
User avatar
MadameLePink
Sub-Lieutenant
 
Posts: 1712
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:02 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby AlaskaRachel » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:26 am

gnoff wrote:I weigh about 180-185 lbs, been up to 200 once, but couldn't stay there, too much eating and not moving to be able to keep that weight.

up until I was 20 I weighed in at 140 lbs...

I've always eated a LOT, especially before I turned 30, now I can actually eat a bit less and not feel starving all the time.

Guess I have very high metabolism or what not

a lot of ppl goes "oh your so lucky, bla bla bla"
Try hearing it EVERY fucking day of your life for 20 yaears taht "omg you're so skinny, you must eat something, are you sure you are full, oh poor child you're so skinny, won't you eta little bit more...." etc and so on and repeat a couple of hundred times a day.
Lets have each and signle "grown up/adult" you meet for 20 years comment on your weight, each and every time you meet them, mmm, does wonders for your self image I can tell you that...

It's like it's totally OK to try and mentally kill a thin person because they "are lucky enough to eat what they want".

It's a wonder I didn't kil myself back then...


Next time I hear an "adult" tell a kid who's eating healthy that they should eat more I'll get a gun and shoot them in the back of the heat (the adult that is, not the kid...)


And no, it wasn't that they thought I was anorectic or didn't get food, most of them could see how EXTREMELY much I ate, and how often, they were just fucking stupid cunts that should all burn in hell...


so, time to go to work, yay

I get these comments too, people telling me to go eat a burger or eat some cake, and other people commenting on how I eat whatever I want. Really I do quite the opposite. I eat fairly healthy, well-rounded meals in portions appropriate for my height, metabolism, and fitness level. I don't eat whatever I want, because that would be unhealthy (that would be pizza and nachos and chocolate ice cream every day :lol: ). I will pig out a few times a year on special occasions.
Commenting on what other people do/don't eat is rather rude, as is commenting on someone's size/shape/weight, in my opinion. Health, fitness, and self-esteem should be the focus.
User avatar
AlaskaRachel
Lieutenant-Commander
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby Laura » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:56 am

I was a very skinny (young) kid and early teen and felt self-conscious about it - plus I was my height (5'9") by 8th grade and very shy (yes, I was shy long ago :lol: ). By late teens and 20s, I put on some weight and was always somewhere in the 130s...since my 30s - I've pretty much been in the 140s somewhere which I'm cool with since my body seems to want to stay in that range. I love to cook (mostly healthy), but I also do binge on junk food (Chicago pizza, burgers, fries, chips, brats) and beer on occasion. I've never been into sweets much - cakes, ice cream - stuff like that though. I also eat relatively small portions of food - not consciously really or for weight reasons - I just really don't like feeling full and lethargic. We go out to eat about once a week and I often only eat about half or 2/3 of the meal and take the rest home.

Besides walking, I don't exercise or work-out (never really have), but I'm thinking I should start for just overall heart and muscle health, and so on.
Wacken 2009 & 2010, Hole in the Sky (Bergen) 2011, 70000 Tons of Metal 2011 & 2012, Prog Nation at Sea 2014. 2015: Rock Legends Cruise Feb 19-23 and....???
Don't despair, show no fear. Live your life without regrets. - Amon Amarth
User avatar
Laura
Commander
 
Posts: 5664
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am
Location: cloud 9 chicago

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 am

everyone is VERY different and what works for some might not work for others!

all i know is that for me and my current shape and current exercise and the fact that i sit in an office all day (and i only work out in concentrated bursts)....pretty much i take away 500 cals from what my body needs, and that's how one would lose a pound a week or so. it's really just math at that point. and my 1300-1500 cals a day is different than Michael needing 2500 cals a day because perhaps he is way more active, being a man means more cals burned as well, he has more muscle mass than i do, etc. i guess now that i look at my records i never really go below 1300 a day. it only happens on a weird sunday where i just don't feel hungry.

can never really compare men and women, young and old, or even two women the same age. truly everyone is different. my metabolism was tested through 5 minutes breathing into this medical device that measures your metabolic rate through oxygen or some weird thing (they use this on Biggest Loser i guess). it measured 1730. 1730-500 = 1230. but that's if i do nothing all day. if i exercise, i can add another 300 cals or whatever.

i too have some semi sweet Belgian chocolate truffles at the house. i never go wild and eat too many. i have a few of those each week ;) they do help me feel like i can have nice treats and since i don't have a massive sweet tooth, dark chocolate is perfect!

again as long as you're fairly healthy and feel ok, that's the best. and if you want to improve, go for it! the worst is to lose weight for some one else or someone else's ideal. definitely not the case here because no one's told me i should lose weight other than a doctor, who did say i could lose a few pounds. my clothes are just SO tight! LOL. not good.

and i understand the whole thing with being thin also being an issue, look at my husband, he also got made fun of growing up for being extremely underweight and to this day people think i don't even feed him, which does suck because i'm a good cook dammit! they probably think i eat all his food since i am bigger. whatever, fuck 'em. you can't please everyone nor should you try.
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby mooyagi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:35 am

Gnoff, I have a friend who's like you, eats all day and never gains a pound. Hell, I was like that at one point. Once I hurt my knee in college, I wasn't able to be active and my metabolism has caught up to me and I started gaining weight. Not that I'm anywhere near heavy/overweight. I'm average for my height and I've been around the same weight for years now. It feels like I can't really get any bigger, but I used to be extremely skinny as a kid.
See you all on 70K 2015! :deathhorns:
User avatar
mooyagi
Captain
 
Posts: 19884
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby AlaskaRachel » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:42 pm

gnoff wrote:Maybe next time someone comments on me being skinny and should eat more (doesn't happen very often these days, thanks Oden) I should just answer "why, I don't want to look fat like you!"

:lol: I've been tempted to do it too!
WizardBeast wrote:again as long as you're fairly healthy and feel ok, that's the best. and if you want to improve, go for it! the worst is to lose weight for some one else or someone else's ideal. definitely not the case here because no one's told me i should lose weight other than a doctor, who did say i could lose a few pounds. my clothes are just SO tight! LOL. not good.

I used to weigh a little more (20 lbs more than I do now) and I wasn't too worried about my weight or size, but I went on a diet because I just couldn't afford to buy new clothes in a bigger size! My clothes were so uncomfortable at the time :lol:

Speaking of truffles and Belgian chocolates, I got a bunch of chocolates for Christmas from family and Jeff, and I still have quite a few left :shock:
I try to only eat one a day or every few days because I'm pretty lethargic too.
User avatar
AlaskaRachel
Lieutenant-Commander
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:07 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
gnoff wrote:Maybe next time someone comments on me being skinny and should eat more (doesn't happen very often these days, thanks Oden) I should just answer "why, I don't want to look fat like you!"

:lol: I've been tempted to do it too!
WizardBeast wrote:again as long as you're fairly healthy and feel ok, that's the best. and if you want to improve, go for it! the worst is to lose weight for some one else or someone else's ideal. definitely not the case here because no one's told me i should lose weight other than a doctor, who did say i could lose a few pounds. my clothes are just SO tight! LOL. not good.

I used to weigh a little more (20 lbs more than I do now) and I wasn't too worried about my weight or size, but I went on a diet because I just couldn't afford to buy new clothes in a bigger size! My clothes were so uncomfortable at the time :lol:

Speaking of truffles and Belgian chocolates, I got a bunch of chocolates for Christmas from family and Jeff, and I still have quite a few left :shock:
I try to only eat one a day or every few days because I'm pretty lethargic too.


90% of the reason i'm doing this is because i don't want to buy bigger clothes, for sure. i was pretty close to the next size up if i didn't turn this ship around soon! just no way, didn't want to spend the time, the money, and then the biggest thing - the defeat that i would accept that size, when i know there's NO good reason for me to weigh so much.
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby KDibildeaux » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:33 pm

WizardBeast wrote:everyone is VERY different and what works for some might not work for others!

all i know is that for me and my current shape and current exercise and the fact that i sit in an office all day (and i only work out in concentrated bursts)....pretty much i take away 500 cals from what my body needs, and that's how one would lose a pound a week or so. it's really just math at that point. and my 1300-1500 cals a day is different than Michael needing 2500 cals a day because perhaps he is way more active, being a man means more cals burned as well, he has more muscle mass than i do, etc. i guess now that i look at my records i never really go below 1300 a day. it only happens on a weird sunday where i just don't feel hungry.

can never really compare men and women, young and old, or even two women the same age. truly everyone is different. my metabolism was tested through 5 minutes breathing into this medical device that measures your metabolic rate through oxygen or some weird thing (they use this on Biggest Loser i guess). it measured 1730. 1730-500 = 1230. but that's if i do nothing all day. if i exercise, i can add another 300 cals or whatever.

i too have some semi sweet Belgian chocolate truffles at the house. i never go wild and eat too many. i have a few of those each week ;) they do help me feel like i can have nice treats and since i don't have a massive sweet tooth, dark chocolate is perfect!

again as long as you're fairly healthy and feel ok, that's the best. and if you want to improve, go for it! the worst is to lose weight for some one else or someone else's ideal. definitely not the case here because no one's told me i should lose weight other than a doctor, who did say i could lose a few pounds. my clothes are just SO tight! LOL. not good.

and i understand the whole thing with being thin also being an issue, look at my husband, he also got made fun of growing up for being extremely underweight and to this day people think i don't even feed him, which does suck because i'm a good cook dammit! they probably think i eat all his food since i am bigger. whatever, fuck 'em. you can't please everyone nor should you try.

I read an article where they did a study and found that people who ate a small piece of chocolate every day had smaller waists than those who didn't. Especially a little bit of dark chocolate is good for you :mrgreen:
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User avatar
KDibildeaux
Captain
 
Posts: 13874
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Random bitching thread

Postby WizardBeast » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:28 pm

i love my Belgian truffles!

just like Rachel, i have had my box of them since Christmas time! i only eat a couple a week but they are so good they really are decadent.

Image
Awaiting UMC Cruise 6(66)!!!
User avatar
WizardBeast
Captain
 
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

PreviousNext

Return to OFF COURSE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests