Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Black Sails Over The Caribbean Sea

by Gratch » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:01 am

Please be Turisas...please be Turisas...please be Turisas...
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • FelipeS
    Oiler

by FelipeS » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:20 am

So many repeats. Out of the 23 announced bands, only 8 first timers so far
    2019 Wishlist
    ASG | Batushka | Be'lakor | Black Moth | Candlemass | Deafheaven | Dool | Harakiri for the Sky | Havok | Helloween | Iced Earth | Pentagram | Powerwolf | Primordial | Red Fang | Sanctuary | Tenacious D | Terminus | Thrawsunblat | Vektor
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:32 am

Given the precedent for the 'T' being a clue for 'The' and I hoping the 'The Haunted', or better yet 'The Crown'!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:07 am

I'm never gonna get to see Heidevolk lol :cry:
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:35 am

FelipeS wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:20 am So many repeats. Out of the 23 announced bands, only 8 first timers so far
    For me there are only 8 repeats so far!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • FelipeS
    Oiler

by FelipeS » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:04 pm

mbob wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:35 am
    FelipeS wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:20 am So many repeats. Out of the 23 announced bands, only 8 first timers so far
    For me there are only 8 repeats so far!
    I meant like, boat repeats! Not that i have seen or not seen before
    2019 Wishlist
    ASG | Batushka | Be'lakor | Black Moth | Candlemass | Deafheaven | Dool | Harakiri for the Sky | Havok | Helloween | Iced Earth | Pentagram | Powerwolf | Primordial | Red Fang | Sanctuary | Tenacious D | Terminus | Thrawsunblat | Vektor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:08 pm

I'd be happy with Turisas or Tyr...although Tyr is on the "maybe out for 2019" list.

I'd be REALLY happy to see Therion get a chance to come back and play two different sets, which they couldn't do last time due to Christofer's injury.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Heroes Of Might And Magic

by Andy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Magic and adventure await you, Sailors! The mighty heroes of the TWILIGHT FORCE will embark on the journey of a lifetime onbroad Round 9 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

What a "D"readful fate it would be if you were not amongst the few, the chosen, the courageous who brave the seas...

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Heroes Of Might And Magic

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Oh no, it's time for Power Metal Power Hour :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:55 pm

The power metal folks were overdue for another announcement I suppose. And I'm guessing the next clue is pointing towards Dread Crew of Oddwood so I won't bother speculating on possibilities for the "D". I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed if the clue ends up being as obvious as it seems :lol: .
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:55 pm The power metal folks were overdue for another announcement I suppose. And I'm guessing the next clue is pointing towards Dread Crew of Oddwood so I won't bother speculating on possibilities for the "D". I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed if the clue ends up being as obvious as it seems :lol: .
    Twilight Force makes me a hoppy camper! They are due to be invited back after having the play the shit venue twice in 2016 because the roof of the pool deck stage blew off over night.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Can it be Demons & Wizards next? :shock:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:06 pm

mbob wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:58 pm
    Hoppy McGee wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:55 pm The power metal folks were overdue for another announcement I suppose. And I'm guessing the next clue is pointing towards Dread Crew of Oddwood so I won't bother speculating on possibilities for the "D". I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed if the clue ends up being as obvious as it seems :lol: .
    Twilight Force makes me a hoppy camper! They are due to be invited back after having the play the shit venue twice in 2016 because the roof of the pool deck stage blew off over night.
    Glad you're happy and I'm sure it's gonna make a lot of other people really happy too!! Needs to be something for everyone and that's what make 70K so great!

Don't diss that shitty venue too much though ;) lol. A few of the best concert experiences I've had in my life have taken place in that shitty little Pyramid Lounge! :headbanger:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:12 pm

Guessing Dark Funeral next. They’ve been liking almost every 70K post on Instagram lately and we still have no Black Metal.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:12 pm

Wish i were mbob :P

Seriously, black / melodeath nation need some attention too.
    Dimmu Borgir for a start maybe?
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Ethrivas wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:12 pm Seriously, black / melodeath nation need some attention too.
    CORRECT - except I don't have a D I care about. Well, I do, but they're a Cripper but also last I checked were slowly turning into Amaranthe but a sausage fest. Soooo.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:06 pm
    The power metal folks were overdue for another announcement I suppose. And I'm guessing the next clue is pointing towards Dread Crew of Oddwood so I won't bother speculating on possibilities for the "D". I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed if the clue ends up being as obvious as it seems :lol: .

Don't diss that shitty venue too much though ;) lol. A few of the best concert experiences I've had in my life have taken place in that shitty little Pyramid Lounge! :headbanger:
    I have had great concert experiences in that venue too but it is still shitty!

Next clue won't be Dread Crew of Oddwood because it starts with the letter "T"... The Dread Crew of Oddwood!
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Pretty stoked for Twilight Force. Caught the very end of one of their sets in 2016, and was intrigued enough to buy their album. Since then, it's become one that my 9-year-old daughter and I listen to together constantly. They're cheesy as hell, but super fun.

"D" really needs to be Dread Crew of Oddwood. There has never been a more perfect BOAT band.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Gratch wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:24 pm "D" really needs to be Dread Crew of Oddwood. There has never been a more perfect BOAT band.
    I would LOVE the Dread Crew to be on, but it's not this announcement. They're a "T" band, since it's The Dread Crew of Oddwood.

If it's Demons & Wizards I'll buy Jess a drink.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Two very nice announcements in a row for me!

And yes, The Dread Crew of Oddwood would make a fantastic boat band. To bad for the "T" at the beginning of their name. We'll have to wait for more T-bands.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Every year I get about 5 bands off my (specific and highly curated) wishlist. So that means I'm getting about two more. But boy, the melodeath and doom is looking real light this year.

D will add nothing for me (except a drink if they announce the third headliner). I'm getting nervous.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:39 pm

acidbasement wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:29 pm They're a "T" band, since it's The Dread Crew of Oddwood.
    I'm guessing that protocol wouldn't stop Andy from calling them a "D" band if he really wanted to.

(Hey, a guy can hope!)

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Gratch wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:39 pm
    acidbasement wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:29 pm They're a "T" band, since it's The Dread Crew of Oddwood.
    I'm guessing that protocol wouldn't stop Andy from calling them a "D" band if he really wanted to.

(Hey, a guy can hope!)
    :lol: There's a protocol???
    I totally agree, I think our Skipper makes up, changes or ignores his own rules as he sails through band announcements. So I'll be hoping with you!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm happy with this as haven't seen them since the new album or with the new singer.

My son is SUPER DUPER happy as he now has 2 of the 5 bands from his wishlist!!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:41 pm My son is SUPER DUPER happy as he now has 2 of the 5 bands from his wishlist!!!!
    What's on the little man's wishlist?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:41 pm My son is SUPER DUPER happy as he now has 2 of the 5 bands from his wishlist!!!!
    That is awesome! What are his other 3?
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 pm

His other 3 are Thaurorod, Van Canto and Exit Eden.

If those get added it will be the best cruise ever :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Yup, he sure is your son :lol:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:03 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:41 pm I'm happy with this as haven't seen them since the new album or with the new singer.

My son is SUPER DUPER happy as he now has 2 of the 5 bands from his wishlist!!!!
    I find it somewhat amusing that Twilight Force ranks high on both of our kids’ wishlists.

Let cheesy yet age-appropriate metal reign!

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:16 pm

meh and blech

Give me DRI for the D band, please! I love DRI pits.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Heidevolk were fantastic last time they played the cruise, but that was with a very different lineup. Hopefully they are still good live. Twilight Force is a big no from me.

Plenty of good options for "D" with Devin Townsend topping my list.

As for headliners, go ahead and let TBDM headline. Gives me a greater chance of fitting fancy dinner into the schedule. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Dark Moor, Dark Sarah, Diabulus in Musica, Dragony, Demons & Wizards.

Lots of D's on my bucketlist, although I'm thinking the next one will be more extreme after a folk and a power back to back...
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:37 pm

mooyagi wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:53 pm Heidevolk were fantastic last time they played the cruise, but that was with a very different lineup. Hopefully they are still good live. Twilight Force is a big no from me.

As for headliners, go ahead and let TBDM headline. Gives me a greater chance of fitting fancy dinner into the schedule. :lol:
    Devy tops my list, too, but he's said he's out. The man's got a lot in flight right now. I haven't seen him in 4 years, though. Doubtlessly it'll be worth the wait when I do get around to one of his shows next.

Dark Fortress is also at the top of my list, can't forget about them.

The lineup feels pretty light. I actually like some folk metal, but I could use some thrash or some proggy death right about now. Grind, too, but I know better not to hold out hope, ha. Then again with these repeats, we might get Napalm Death. *shrug*
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 pm

sara wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:37 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:53 pm Heidevolk were fantastic last time they played the cruise, but that was with a very different lineup. Hopefully they are still good live. Twilight Force is a big no from me.

Devy tops my list, too, but he's said he's out. The man's got a lot in flight right now. I haven't seen him in 4 years, though. Doubtlessly it'll be worth the wait when I do get around to one of his shows next.

The lineup feels pretty light. I actually like some folk metal, but I could use some thrash or some proggy death right about now. Grind, too, but I know better not to hold out hope, ha. Then again with these repeats, we might get Napalm Death. *shrug*
    There’s 3 thrash bands (Onslaught, Coroner, Warbringer) and 3 prog death bands (NeO, In Vain, Persefone) already... that’s a decent amount this early.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Dmon Damarth…

This will never get old.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:53 pm

So which cruise is winning the repeats war at the moment, you ask?

Why, I'm glad you asked!

At the moment if you were someone bummed about missing the 2013 cruise you would be happy - 8 bands from that lineup are already announced for 2019.

Remembering that was Majesty days, so only a 40-ish band lineup!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:59 pm

I've been lied to by cruise artists before so I don't believe anyone when they say they arent' playing. :lol: Devy is definitely busy but why not take a few days off, yeah?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Exactly why I split 'because they said so' out separately in my 'who is ruled out for 2019?' list :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:19 pm

mooyagi wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:59 pm

I've been lied to by cruise artists before so I don't believe anyone when they say they arent' playing. :lol: Devy is definitely busy but why not take a few days off, yeah?
    No, he wouldn’t be ruled out from recording, but he has said he has yet to figure out what his live show will consist of, and hasn’t brought on musicians for shows yet. I also think he might have a hard time with the atmosphere of the boat, as he has a hard time in social settings for prolonged periods of time. I do believe he played a prog cruise at some point though.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:55 pm

He has done cruises before, such as Prog Nation, and judging from what he said in this interview he would be definitely open to doing one again:

http://loudwire.com/devin-townsend-talk ... ises-more/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 2038 posts