Post Reply 2038 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2019 Megathread
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Keepers Of The Swamp

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:04 am

I hope the sound is better for Kalmah this year!

Since this is 70,000 Tons of Repeats, I assume this is Rage.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:29 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:04 am I hope the sound is better for Kalmah this year!
    I really only remember two things about Kalmah from their last time on broad:

1. Their sound was awful.
    2. Their singer kept telling jokes in extremely broken English that no one could understand. He seemed to think he was hilarious though.

I got nothin' for "R". Replicaire, maybe?
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:38 am

Ti7aNiC wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:41 pm Really hoping for Rivers of Nihil; they deserve it. Where Owls Know My Name is easily one of the best albums of the year. Tech death with a sax... who knew it'd be so damn good.

I'll settle for Rotting Christ coming back onboard, though.
    Dude, these are my 2 choice for R as well. I've stumbled upon Rotting Christ this summer, they are insane.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

Re: The Cause Of Death Was Excessive Partying

by Masterbas » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:40 am

acidbasement wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:04 pm
    Masterbas wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:49 am That would make you and your kids happy? Does this means you're back in 2019? I though you were taking a year off.
    BOOKED!

Eleanor got her work schedule for the winter the day before booking started, and it turns out the only chance we have for a winter vacation coincides with 70K. So we decided to be irresponsible at least once more.
    Really glad to hear man, can't wait to see you guys on board.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:54 am

Gratch wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:29 am I really only remember two things about Kalmah from their last time on broad:

2. Their singer kept telling jokes in extremely broken English that no one could understand. He seemed to think he was hilarious though.
    Yup, that's all I remember too. Maybe he was drunk? Either way, I hope he's less drunk this time around.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:11 am

jeyrow wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:02 pm Hey Andy, What about an announcement for tonight? :viking:
    KALMAH
    For the second time in a row jeyrow compels Andy! :cheers:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:23 am

He really is the chosen one!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:00 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:54 am
    Gratch wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:29 am I really only remember two things about Kalmah from their last time on broad:

Yup, that's all I remember too. Maybe he was drunk? Either way, I hope he's less drunk this time around.
    I don't remember the jokes but I do remember the AWFUL sound. In a band like Kalmah this becomes especially important, because a bad sound turns them into just very loud, unbearable noise. I hope it gets better this time.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:19 am

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:00 am

I don't remember the jokes but I do remember the AWFUL sound. In a band like Kalmah this becomes especially important, because a bad sound turns them into just very loud, unbearable noise. I hope it gets better this time.
    The bad jokes were during the pool deck set. Agree with the AWFUL sound. I was looking forward to them & was disappointed. For 2019, I'd check one set & hope the sound is good. If not, leave knowing it probably won't get better.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:10 am

I know Andy usually doesn't book more than 1 band from a North American tour, but I know of a "R" band that was scheduled to be part of a tour with one of the already announced bands. The tour is supposed to be in the time frame of the cruise, but I have heard the routing was changed. I am assuming it is still happening, but have not heard any new information. The "R" band & the already announced band are not the tour headliner.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:14 am

Sgt. B wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:10 am I know Andy usually doesn't book more than 1 band from a North American tour...
    That's not entirely true. 2018 Andy booked the ENTIRE Sabaton tour (Battle Beast, Leaves Eyes) from earlier that year onto the boat. Also, Kreator, who toured with Sabaton just after the cruise.

So you might be on to something with that band.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:41 am

And I believe in 2015 the entire Ensiferum NA tour was booked for 70K (Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, and Trollfest).
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Iconix
    Crewman

by Iconix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 am

Wintersun is currently touring NA with NeO, who are already booked for the boat. Just sayin.
    70k Survivor:
    2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024

Wishlist: (ON!, last year, repeats, still hoping)

Aeternam-AlienWeaponry-AllShallPerish-Allegaeon-AMONAMARTH-Amorphis-Anciients-AndyGillion-ArchEnemy-AtTheGates-BE'LAKOR-Belzebubs-BeyondCreation-TheBlackDahliaMurder-BlackCrownInitiate-Blackguard-BloodStainChild-BORKNAGAR-Carcass-Chimaira-CountlessSkies-DarkAge-Darkane-DarkLunacy-DarkTranquillity-Devildriver-Diablo-DimensionZero-DimmuBorgir-DisarmoniaMundi-Eluveitie-Ensiferum-Equilibrium-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FearFactory-Finntroll-FleshgodApocalypse-GOJIRA-Gyze-TheHaloEffect-TheHaunted-Helleborus-Ihsahn-InFlames-InMourning-Insomnium-IntoEternity-InVain-Kalmah-Katatonia-KingOfAsgard-LacunaCoil-LambOfGod-Manegarm-Mastodon-Mercenary-Miseration-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MorsPrincipiumEst-NeObliviscaris-Nightrage-Obscura-TheOcean-OceansOfSlumber-OctoberTide-OmniumGatherum-OPETH-Ouroboros-Persefone-PainConfessor-Raunchy-RiversOfNihil-RottingChrist-SaltatioMortis-ScarSymmetry-ShadowsFall-Shylmagoghnar-Skeletonwitch-Skyfire-Slipknot-Soen-Soilwork-Solution.45-Stam1na-Susperia-SvartCrown-SwallowTheSun-Sylosis-Testament-ThreatSignal-Trivium-Turisas-Tyr-Unearth-UnleashTheArchers-Whitechapel-WhiteVoid-Wilderun-Wintersun-Wolfheart

\m/ >_< \m/
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:16 am

mbob wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:11 am
    jeyrow wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:02 pm Hey Andy, What about an announcement for tonight? :viking:
    KALMAH
    I need some beers :givebeer:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:24 am

jeyrow wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:16 am
    mbob wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:11 am
    KALMAH
    I need some beers :givebeer:
    Then you will have to compel me! :shots:
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:01 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:16 pm Well, it's not Keep of Kalessin, but still a good announcement.
    Yeah, weirdest misspelling of Keep of Kalessin EVER. :lol:

Really like Kalmah, though, and if they've ever toured the States before, I don't recall it.
    Not much that I like that is realistic with R. Running Wild and Rotting Christ sound like big candidates.
    Those, and I like Raven, Rivers of Nihil and Revocation as well.
    There's an outside chance, I suppose, for Ross the Boss; they were great at PPUSA last week.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Pellaz wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:01 pm Really like Kalmah, though, and if they've ever toured the States before, I don't recall it.
    That's because they toured CANADA instead. That was their version of North America only hang the States for their weird visa things. (Note: Canada are also not perfect, since apparently Alestorm had visa trouble with us and they had to pull out. I did not object to this.)

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:25 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:00 am

I was so drunk during their pool deck set .. :belly:
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    praey
    Oiler

by praey » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Razor would be fucking awesome. Running Wild too.

Been kind of burned out on Rotting Christ, they were good last time they played but not something I’d really be excited about seeing again. From everything I heard their last album was also pretty mediocre.
    Survivor 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 pm

I know what the R is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

You're welcome.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 pm I know what the R is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

You're welcome.
    Hahahaha classic! :lol:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm

Come on Andy, what's about Rotting Christ, Rumahoy or "Return of Fabio Lione" :lol:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:58 am

jeyrow wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm Come on Andy, what's about Rotting Christ, Rumahoy or "Return of Fabio Lione" :lol:
    Your beer was riding on this. What happend? :|
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:22 am

mbob wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:58 am
    jeyrow wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm Come on Andy, what's about Rotting Christ, Rumahoy or "Return of Fabio Lione" :lol:
    :cry: It was very good to be true, the chosen one
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 am

jeyrow wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:22 am
    You didn't post it in bold. I'm sure that's the reason your powers did not work, oh mighty chosen one.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Ready, Steady, Fire!

by Phoenix » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:04 am

Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:20 pm It's been a tough day, dealing with a family crisis. Want to announce something to keep my mind off things, Andy?
    Andy knows this went as well as it possibly could have, so he's been holding off.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Iconix wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 am Wintersun is currently touring NA with NeO, who are already booked for the boat. Just sayin.
    Yes, but in keeping with 70K tradition, Wintersun won't be booked until a week before we sail, and they'll be announced during the Beach Party. :lol: :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Amalu wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 am
    jeyrow wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:22 am

You didn't post it in bold. I'm sure that's the reason your powers did not work, oh mighty chosen one.
    Hey Andy!!! I invoke you! :beerbang:
    Don't make me look bad :lol:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:56 pm

I have a feeling the long draught has begun for the next announcement
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:25 pm

cegr80 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:56 pm I have a feeling the long draught has begun for the next announcement
    If you can call 4 days (132 days until sailing / 32 more bands to announce) a long interval.

There's no way we're in for a "long draught". Public sales need to open soon if they're doing the 4 monthly installments payment option. We're just so used to having an announcement every 24-30 hours that a couple days seems like an eternity :lol:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:56 pm

I agree with Phoenix.

More likely the calm we are experiencing at the moment is because they are getting ready for public sales to open.

I would imagine that they would be relatively happy that sales are a touch slower than last year, as it would help cover the expense of having to give all those cabins at the cheaper than meant rate. That is, less silver/gold bookings means less discounted cabins being sold.

So yeah combining wanting to open up public sales quickly to sell more non-discounted cabins, and needing to open them soon as the deadline for the monthly payment scheme is barely four weeks off, might mean holding off on band announcements for now.

Don't announce any more bands => nothing to tip the scales for silver/gold cruisers booking.

Open public sales THEN announce bands => more bookings, sans discount => PROFIT
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:54 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:56 pm I agree with Phoenix.

More likely the calm we are experiencing at the moment is because they are getting ready for public sales to open.

I would imagine that they would be relatively happy that sales are a touch slower than last year, as it would help cover the expense of having to give all those cabins at the cheaper than meant rate. That is, less silver/gold bookings means less discounted cabins being sold.

So yeah combining wanting to open up public sales quickly to sell more non-discounted cabins, and needing to open them soon as the deadline for the monthly payment scheme is barely four weeks off, might mean holding off on band announcements for now.

Don't announce any more bands => nothing to tip the scales for silver/gold cruisers booking.

Open public sales THEN announce bands => more bookings, sans discount => PROFIT
    Man, that's evil.

I commend you. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:23 pm

70k FINALLY released the Day 3 Recap.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Phoenix wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:23 pm 70k FINALLY released the Day 3 Recap.
    Yup, saw it a few hours ago. Where's Day 4?! :bitch:
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Hey Razor, is there Salt Lake chapter of the Razor Ramon Metal Society? Some dude came to the Pallbearer/Tribulation show tonight sporting a fluorescent yellow Razor Ramon shirt.

He did you proud. :shred:
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:12 pm

I waited 6 months for THAT? :?
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Dick
    Oiler

by Dick » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:37 am

cegr80 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:07 pm
    Yup, saw it a few hours ago. Where's Day 4?! :bitch:
    I'm afraid to see it. Probably going to have the Belly Flop contest, and I'm afraid I'm gonna be in it and caught ogling the 70k girls.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:55 am

2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:53 pm

We've definitely became spoilt since announcements begun.

Closing in on a soul-destroying FIVE DAYS, this is currently our longest band announcement drought since announcements began.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:51 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:53 pm We've definitely became spoilt since announcements begun.

Closing in on a soul-destroying FIVE DAYS, this is currently our longest band announcement drought since announcements began.
    :lol: :lol: #goldsurvivorproblems

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
Post Reply 2038 posts