Post Reply 91 posts
Predictions for the final 10, 2019!
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Predictions for the final 10, 2019!

by Gratch » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:38 pm

I'd love to have Bell Witch on board to play the Mirror Reaper track/album.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:43 pm

BLACK CROWN INITIATE started announcing shows, and the first one is on 2/8 in Delaware.
    They posted this on FB yesterday:
    Who wants to see us live, where, and with whom??
    So I'd say they're eager to play :D
    But they're on my wish list, so unlikely.

Given how Andy is listening to the combined wish list this year, I think it will be either BORKNAGAR, BE'LAKOR, or BEAST IN BLACK.
    BATUSHKA is there too but also on the "ruled out" list - "in-fighting between band members".
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Looking at what we've currently got. 3 potential 75minute-ers, and 14 60-minute-ers. Last year we had 3 and 13.

If there is to be any 'bigger' names in the last 9 (or 10), then someone is gonna get 'demoted' to a shorter set than they've had previously!

Also of interest when you look at this - Accept and TBDM are the only 2 that are not repeats.

75 minutes ("Headliners")
    Accept
    Soulfly/Max & Igorr Roots (Soulfly got 60 minute sets in 2015 but some people think Roots set is enough to bump them up to headliner status)
    Kamelot (seems to be a consensus that they will likely receive 75 minutes again)

60 minutes
    Bloodbath (60 minute sets in 2016)
    Coroner (60 minute sets in 2012)
    Dark Funeral (60 minute sets in 2012)
    Eluveitie (60 minutes in 2016)
    Ensiferum (60 minutes in 2011, 2013, and 2015)
    Kalmah (60 minutes in 2017)
    Nile (60 minutes in 2013)
    Obituary (60 minutes in 2011 and 2014)
    Paradise Lost (60 minutes in 2016)
    Rage ft. LMO (got 75 minutes in 2013....but seems unlikely they'd get 75 again)
    Sodom (60 minutes in 2016)
    Subway to Sally (60 minute sets in 2013 & 2016)
    The Black Dahlia Murder (I don't think many are asking for it....but their popularity may warrant 75 minute "headliner" status)
    Tiamat (60 minute sets in 2013)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Loving the several requests for Be'lakor and Borknagar. They are truly impressive bands. They are kinda busy recording their respective upcoming albums, but that does not rule them out by any means
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:01 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:57 pm Loving the several requests for Be'lakor and Borknagar. They are truly impressive bands. They are kinda busy recording their respective upcoming albums, but that does not rule them out by any means
    It's nearly 5 years since I last saw Be'lakor live (and quite a few years I think since they last performed live for anyone for that matter).

Would love for them to be on the boat.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:56 pm

Gratch wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:38 pm I'd love to have Bell Witch on board to play the Mirror Reaper track/album.
    That would be awesome! Do you think they would have one Mirror Reaper set, and one normal set, or just spread the one song over the two shows? :lol:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm

I also thought about BODY COUNT as a possibility.
    After all, they’re doing Wacken this year.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Ghoul/Impaled are ruled out. They are playing a local show on 2/2/2019
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Louis_Cyphre
    Wiper

by Louis_Cyphre » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:07 pm

The remaining 9 bands should be:
    Blind Guardian for the B
    Einherjer
    Annihilator
    Abbath
    Primordial
    Rotting Christ
    Uli John Roth
    Solstafir
    Overkill
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:15 pm

Borknagar would make me deliriously happy (bucket-list band for me), while Beast In Black would make my cabinmate Derek very happy.
    I'd like to see Black Crown Initiate; Be'Lakor would be good, too.
    Body Count? Sore, and they should be required to do their "remake" of "Institutionalized." :lol:
    I'm not expecting Blind Guardian at this late stage but that would be pretty awesome.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 pm

When we had real clues, “very potent brewing” would have pointed to BRUJERIA, but there are no real clues this year, anything goes.
    They’re on my wishlist, though.

And we still need a party band, so BELZEBUB is a possibility, unless it’s TROLLFEST.
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:34 pm

My Predictions for the final 9
    "B" of Blodiga Skald
    "M" of Marduk
    "N" of Nightmare
    "T" of Tengger Calvary
    "R" of Rhapsody (obviously... Fabio)
    "P" of Powerglove
    "T" of Troll Bends Fir
    "T" of Tsjuder
    "B" of Brujeria
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 pm

jeyrow wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:34 pm My Predictions for the final 9
    "B" of Blodiga Skald
    "M" of Marduk
    "N" of Nightmare
    "T" of Tengger Calvary
    "P" of Powerglove
    "T" of Troll Bends Fir
    "T" of Tsjuder
    "B" of Brujeria
    3 to 6 bands will be bands nobody heard of, so everybody listing 9 or 10 bands is wrong by definition :D
    Thanks for the +1 on BRUJERIA and TSJUDER!!!
    TSJUDER in the theater was my Most Metal Moment in 2016.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Brujeria would be perfect, since I'm gonna be wearing one of their shirts anyway!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:50 pm

meshuggah wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 pm Brujeria would be perfect, since I'm gonna be wearing one of their shirts anyway!
    I hope it’s meant ironically :D
    I feel like we are back to spinning in circles like at the beginning of the announcements.
    This thread started great though. And we had a collegial correct guess of TYR.

Somewhere, in his underwater lair, Andy must be shouting MUHAHAH again :twisted:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:06 pm Nice guessing peoples! Lets see how we go with B.
    Clearly, very poorly, teach :lol:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:21 pm

jeyrow wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:34 pm My Predictions for the final 9
    "B" of Blodiga Skald
    "M" of Marduk
    "N" of Nightmare
    "T" of Tengger Calvary
    "P" of Powerglove
    "T" of Troll Bends Fir
    "T" of Tsjuder
    "B" of Brujeria
    I’d like to buy a vowel...
    “A” for ALIEN WEAPONRY is my hope.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 pm Compiling some of the more compelling predictions.

Trollfest - New album out, and gap in their schedule
    Wintersun - hotly rumored
    Annihilator - because they are a regular fixture
    Uli Jon Roth - word on the street was he was gonna be on
    Exit Eden - One of them is on board already with Visions of Atlantis
    Trick or Treat - lead singer is already on board with Twilight Force
    Temperance - one of their singers is already on board with Visions of Atlantis
    Dragony - bassist already on board with Visions of Atlantis
    Cirith Ungol - bassist already on board with Night Demon
    Seventh Wonder - cancelled their gig that was on during the cruise so Kamelot could get on board.
    Addidng to the above:

Ancient Bards - Bass player already on with NeO, and they've got a new album out this week
    Dalriada - Drummer already on with Tyr.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:57 pm

I'm hoping for Brothers of Metal next, but predicting Borknagar or Beast in Black.

We don't have an industrial band yet, do we? I would love Eisbrecher or Turmion Katilot.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:25 pm

acidbasement wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:57 pm I'm hoping for Brothers of Metal next, but predicting Borknagar or Beast in Black.

We don't have an industrial band yet, do we? I would love Eisbrecher or Turmion Katilot.
    If you want industrial, Ministry just finished touring...and they were fantastic!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:25 pm

acidbasement wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:57 pm I'm hoping for Brothers of Metal next, but predicting Borknagar or Beast in Black.

If you want industrial, Ministry just finished touring...and they were fantastic!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:32 pm

meshuggah wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Omgosh, if it's Ministry my inner 16 year old will crap himself.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:52 pm

meshuggah wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Caught them the tour before this one, and agree that they were great. Seeing “Thieves” live has been on my bucket list for 25+ years, and it did not disappoint. Uncle Al is certainly re-energized.

Not sure they’d really fit with the BOAT crowd, but I’d personally be thrilled to see them again.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:27 pm

CHONTARAZ has some industrial elements, I'm afraid that's all we get.
    I love MINISTRY and I do believe we are still waiting for the third headliner (SOULFLY ain't it), but I don't think Al would spend 4 days on a cruise ship.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 pm

Cirith Ungol would be awesome :givebeer: :cheers: :beerhorns:
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 pm

Only I think that 70000Tons should have a 'maximum date' of confirmation of your complete line up?

I say this because I see that many travel 2-3 weeks before boarding, and most of us have our CDs/ LPs bands that can confirm already being in Miami / Ft Lauderdale and we couldn't pack.

A simple reflection, I don't know what you think, and apologies if there is any offense.
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:35 pm

jeyrow wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 pm Only I think that 70000Tons should have a 'maximum date' of confirmation of your complete line up?

I say this because I see that many travel 2-3 weeks before boarding, and most of us have our CDs/ LPs bands that can confirm already being in Miami / Ft Lauderdale and we couldn't pack.

A simple reflection, I don't know what you think, and apologies if there is any offense.
    Mate your point is absolutely correct. I have the same complaint every year! I like to do the meet and greets, and as I generally leave Australia a week before the cruise, I hate not knowing the full lineup before I leave.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:37 am

BLACKGUARD posted on their facebook that they have an announcement coming on 21st January.

They could be the B.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:09 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:37 am BLACKGUARD posted on their facebook that they have an announcement coming on 21st January.

They could be the B.
    I don’t believe this, UMC wouldn’t agree on sharing a specific announcement date, even behind a mystery - “Soon” yes, a specific date no. I believe they’ve been burned before by bands jumping the gun.
    The announcement is probably that they’re starting shows again, but not on 70K.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:13 am

Godflesh wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:27 pm CHONTARAZ has some industrial elements, I'm afraid that's all we get.
    I love MINISTRY and I do believe we are still waiting for the third headliner (SOULFLY ain't it), but I don't think Al would spend 4 days on a cruise ship.
    I keep thinking that SOULFLY doesn’t “qualify”, but it turns out that they have significantly higher numbers of fans than KAMELOT on Spotify, Last.fm and Facebook.
    So if KAMELOT qualifies as a pseudo-headliner, then SOULFLY even more.
    I like them, but I just can’t see them headline festivals, for some reason. And they didn’t when then played in 2016.
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:57 am

Godflesh wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:13 am
    Godflesh wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:27 pm CHONTARAZ has some industrial elements, I'm afraid that's all we get.
    I keep thinking that SOULFLY doesn’t “qualify”, but it turns out that they have significantly higher numbers of fans than KAMELOT on Spotify, Last.fm and Facebook.
    I like them, but I just can’t see them headline festivals, for some reason. And they didn’t when then played in 2016.
    I also feel as though we're genuinely missing another headliner. Soulfly doesn't cut it, even if they're returning to RBR. That doesn't mean anything to people who don't like Soulfly, it doesn't really make it special :/
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:09 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:37 am BLACKGUARD posted on their facebook that they have an announcement coming on 21st January.

They could be the B.
    I don’t believe this, UMC wouldn’t agree on sharing a specific announcement date, even behind a mystery - “Soon” yes, a specific date no. I believe they’ve been burned before by bands jumping the gun.
    The announcement is probably that they’re starting shows again, but not on 70K.
    Your point is solid. And I'd be very happy if you are right as there are so many bands better than Blackguard that I want on broad :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:13 am
    Just because they didn’t headline in 2015* doesn’t mean they won’t now. Arch Enemy played an hour in 2015 and then came back to headline 2017. Kreator played an hour in 2013 and then headlined last year. Soulfly is prob the best bet from what we have so far, and adding the Roots set almost kind of makes it a pseudo Sepultura reunion, or the closest there probably will be. I am curious to see if they will play 2 Soulfly sets and one Roots set, or only one set with Soulfly and one with Igor.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Downvod wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm I am curious to see if they will play 2 Soulfly sets and one Roots set, or only one set with Soulfly and one with Igor.
    70000tons confirmed on FB when they were announced that it was the latter.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:12 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:19 pm
    Downvod wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm I am curious to see if they will play 2 Soulfly sets and one Roots set, or only one set with Soulfly and one with Igor.
    That makes them a strange candidate for a headliner then. 2 75 minute sets, but only one of them will be soulfly songs... makes me think they are not one.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:15 pm

I'm not really super familiar with the album, but evidently without the 'unlisted hidden track' instrumental, the tracklist for Roots is 59 minutes long (per Wikipedia). Take that how you will.

No. Title Lyrics Music Length
    1. "Roots Bloody Roots" 3:32
    2. "Attitude" Max Cavalera, Dana Wells 4:15
    3. "Cut-Throat" 2:44
    4. "Ratamahatta" (featuring David Silveria & Carlinhos Brown) Sepultura, Carlinhos Brown Sepultura, Carlinhos Brown 4:30
    5. "Breed Apart" Andreas Kisser, Max Cavalera 4:01
    6. "Straighthate" 5:21
    7. "Spit" 2:45
    8. "Lookaway" (featuring Jonathan Davis, Mike Patton & DJ Lethal) Jonathan Davis Sepultura, DJ Lethal 5:26
    9. "Dusted" Andreas Kisser Andreas Kisser 4:03
    10. "Born Stubborn" 4:07
    11. "Jasco" (instrumental) Andreas Kisser 1:57
    12. "Itsári" (instrumental) Xavante Tribe, Sepultura 4:48
    13. "Ambush" 4:39
    14. "Endangered Species" 5:19
    15. "Dictatorshit" 1:26
    16. "Canyon Jam" (unlisted hidden track) (instrumental) 13:16
    Total length: 72:08
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Downvod wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:12 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:19 pm
    That makes them a strange candidate for a headliner then. 2 75 minute sets, but only one of them will be soulfly songs... makes me think they are not one.
    Agree, to me that disqualifies them as a pseudo-headliner, which means we have one more to come (someone on FB say it is coming, and it’s death metal), or we need to “promote” one of the bands we already know.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Fulorian wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:15 pm I'm not really super familiar with the album, but evidently without the 'unlisted hidden track' instrumental, the tracklist for Roots is 59 minutes long (per Wikipedia). Take that how you will.

4. "Ratamahatta" (featuring David Silveria & Carlinhos Brown) Sepultura, Carlinhos Brown Sepultura, Carlinhos Brown 4:30
    8. "Lookaway" (featuring Jonathan Davis, Mike Patton & DJ Lethal) Jonathan Davis Sepultura, DJ Lethal 5:26
    Return to Roots full shows on Youtube range between 42 and 88 mn, depending on the number of bonus songs.
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:44 pm

Godflesh wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:56 pm
    Fulorian wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:15 pm I'm not really super familiar with the album, but evidently without the 'unlisted hidden track' instrumental, the tracklist for Roots is 59 minutes long (per Wikipedia). Take that how you will.

Return to Roots full shows on Youtube range between 42 and 88 mn, depending on the number of bonus songs.
    I can't recall any 'album specific' sets I've seen on 70k that had anything resembling a bonus song. Every time it has been the first track of the album through the last track of the album, then off the stage.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:53 pm

They could always get one 75 minute set and one 60 minute set. Wouldn't be the first time (Unearth, 2014 is a previous example).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist