Post Reply 41 posts
Flights suck for a Tues-Saturday cruise
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

Flights suck for a Tues-Saturday cruise

by Gratch » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:25 pm

(Just some random bitching as we wait for SOOOOOOOOON)

Started checking into flights this afternoon...kinda wishing I hadn't. It's depressing

I do lots of work travel, and the only way I can afford to do 7OK is to use my Delta Frequent Flyer miles to get us there and back. The previous 4 cruises we did were all Thursday through Monday, so we've flown in the day before and stayed one extra day to recover. Outbound flights on Wednesday, return the following Tuesday.

With the cruise being on a Tuesday-Saturday this year, that puts us flying on Monday and Sunday. Because those are traditionally heavy travel days, it costs WAY more FF miles to get there.

- Direct flight from Salt Lake to Ft Lauderdale on a Wed-Tues schedule is 23,500 miles.
    - On a Monday-Sunday, that exact same direct flight costs 38,400 miles (40% more)

Can't really afford to take any more days off, so I guess we'll be cutting out the recovery day this year and flying back on Saturday. FML
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Flights suck for a Tues-Saturday cruise

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:30 pm

Flights from Australia at this time are crazy expensive at the moment too.

Possibly because it is much deeper in our 'christmas holidays' period.

Normally with the cruise late january, early february that is the end of the christmas school holidays here in Australia so I'm assuming prices are cheaper as less people are travelling on holidays.

But yeah - currently flights are about $1,000 more. OUCH.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:38 pm

Me and my group usually pay mid $200s to low $300s per person for our flights, cheapest so far this year is $470 per person. It hurts :bitch:
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:31 am

I've mentioned this before but I get a little freaked out when I hear people booking flights this far in advance. I might book earlier if I were outside the US, but I always thought booking flights 3 months out was sort of the sweet spot price wise, plenty early, and mitigates if something comes up before that point so you don't have to cancel. Am I doing it wrong?
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:05 am

I fly Spirit from Houston to Ft Lauderdale every year for the cruise. The last few years my base ticket price as been right around $100 round trip. As of now it is $515!!!!!! I wish he would have scheduled the cruise later in the month.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 am

We're planning to fly in Sunday and stay at the Riptide for a couple days. Going to fly back Saturday afternoon/evening. Because of Southwest flight schedules, we booked our flight there already, but the return flights won't be available until after August 15th. We got a flight for 3 for just under $400 total ($398.94). Basic fare was $133 a person, but I had a small credit from a previous flight change ($30). Flying nonstop out of New Orleans to Fort Lauderdale.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:47 am

mbob wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:05 am ... I wish he would have scheduled the cruise later in the month.
    Agreed! Just not the week of Super Bowl in Miami tho.

I travel personal on South West if I can help it. I can't even book a flight yet on their website for January.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:05 am

Bob wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:47 am
    mbob wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:05 am ... I wish he would have scheduled the cruise later in the month.
    Agreed! Just not the week of Super Bowl in Miami tho.

I travel personal on South West if I can help it. I can't even book a flight yet on their website for January.
    Yeah, January 5th is the current schedule cut off. We booked one way for that day. They won't be adding additional days until next week.
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:53 pm

On this date last year, I could get a flight Brisbane - Houston - Orlando - Denver - Brisbane, around the dates for 70K 2019, for $AUD1,591 via Kayak.

Trying the same thing around 70k's 2020 dates - more than TWICE that :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Complete madness this whole price rising!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:53 pm On this date last year, I could get a flight Brisbane - Houston - Orlando - Denver - Brisbane, around the dates for 70K 2019, for $AUD1,591 via Kayak.

Trying the same thing around 70k's 2020 dates - more than TWICE that :(
    I hear you loud and clear.
    Right now, checking Kayak, flights from Sydney to Ft Lauderdale, leaving Jan 1st, returning January 15th, the cheapest was Alaskan Airlines/Fijian at $2,616 AU (that's roughly $1,770 US) and $2,305 (Canadian) - yikes!!
    Aussies and Kiwis spend the most $$ getting across there and that's before a cabin has been booked.

I bet it's the same for South Africans too.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Flights aren't too bad for us, so hopefully it stays that way. That is, of course, if we can go. It is really tough timing for this cruise.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:31 pm

Sheesh, now I feel bad about bitching about my prices. They’re nothing compared to what y’all will have to pay.

Sorry, my down under friends.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:53 pm $AUD1,591 via Kayak.
    How much via plane? :lol:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:37 pm

Definitely not happy about the dates still being within the "holiday period" and therefore being super inflated. Just coming from BC return to FLL is looking at costing at least $600. :evil:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:12 pm

Godflesh wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:37 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:53 pm $AUD1,591 via Kayak.
    How much via plane? :lol:
    ba-dum tssssssss
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Might be cheaper to swim to the US :/

Currently the cheapest way I can see to do it is $2,350 return leaving Australia on the 31st of December and returning on the 13th of January :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:56 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:28 pm Might be cheaper to swim to the US :/

Currently the cheapest way I can see to do it is $2,350 return leaving Australia on the 31st of December and returning on the 13th of January :(
    Wow... That is extremely expansive. What are you paying normally?

Flights are reasonably cheap from Switzerland atm. But as I still don't know whether I will be able to get a ticket befor the cruise sells out, I must wait with booking.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm

Amalu wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:56 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:28 pm Might be cheaper to swim to the US :/

Wow... That is extremely expansive. What are you paying normally?

Flights are reasonably cheap from Switzerland atm. But as I still don't know whether I will be able to get a ticket befor the cruise sells out, I must wait with booking.
    Ideally around $1,500 australian dollars to do a return flight from Brisbane to Florida. Anywhere between $1,500-$2,000 I'm okay with anything above that and its just getting too expensive ESPECIALLY with the Australian Dollar crashing making the cruise much more expensive next year :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:36 am

We live in FL so for us it's just a matter of driving down, but if that weren't the case, then as soon as Southwest opens up the rest of January then I'd book with them. At least you get the option to change or cancel without a penalty. Obviously this doesn't help those overseas, but for domestic that's probably your best option. I wish they'd make some announcements cause it's so hard to plan stuff this close to time. :(
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
    • Donutsauce
      Crewman

by Donutsauce » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:04 am

Tiki108 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:36 am We live in FL so for us it's just a matter of driving down, but if that weren't the case, then as soon as Southwest opens up the rest of January then I'd book with them. At least you get the option to change or cancel without a penalty. Obviously this doesn't help those overseas, but for domestic that's probably your best option. I wish they'd make some announcements cause it's so hard to plan stuff this close to time. :(
      I wonder if outside-US folks could find a cheap flight to wherever in the US, then a cheap southwest flight to FLL. Not really sure if that's a great idea or not.

But yeah Southwest is cheapest for me majority of the time too.
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Donutsauce wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:04 am
      Tiki108 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:36 am We live in FL so for us it's just a matter of driving down, but if that weren't the case, then as soon as Southwest opens up the rest of January then I'd book with them. At least you get the option to change or cancel without a penalty. Obviously this doesn't help those overseas, but for domestic that's probably your best option. I wish they'd make some announcements cause it's so hard to plan stuff this close to time. :(
      I wonder if outside-US folks could find a cheap flight to wherever in the US, then a cheap southwest flight to FLL. Not really sure if that's a great idea or not.

I do sometimes do similar to that, so its an option!

Sometimes rather than trying to just find 'flights from Brisbane to miami or fll return', I'll find the cheapest Brisbane to LAX return, then seperately the cheapest LAX to Miami return, which can often work out MUCH cheaper.
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
      Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:50 pm
      Donutsauce wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:04 am

I do sometimes do similar to that, so its an option!

Sometimes rather than trying to just find 'flights from Brisbane to miami or fll return', I'll find the cheapest Brisbane to LAX return, then seperately the cheapest LAX to Miami return, which can often work out MUCH cheaper.
      I've done that when we've gone to Asia. We usually fly out to LAX and just plan a day there and then hop over the Japan. I'm sure most people here are pretty familiar with booking travel, but in case anyone doesn't know about it, google.com/flights is your friend.
      70K: 2014, 2020
      MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
      Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
      Party.San: 2015
      ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
      Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
        Amalu
        Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:06 am

From Switzerland flights are around 500$ to MIA.

Other destinations within the US are about the same price. So no sense in looking for domestic flights.
        jeyrow
        Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:24 pm

The flights from Costa Rica to FFL usually cost $ 200- $ 250 (one year I bought it at $ 180 with luggage included). But this year is a stupid, they are at approximately $ 400- $ 500.
        Really this year's cruise is to think about it very well.
        70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
        70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
        70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
        70000Tons - 2018 - No
        70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
        70000Tons - 2020 - No
      • gunsngreens
        Wiper

by gunsngreens » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 pm

Looking into everyone's posts regarding flight tickets, I'm honestly overwhelmed at the prices everyone is coming from. Being from LA, my total is at $367 (LAX-MIA $134 on Jan. 6, FLL-NYC $103 Jan. 11, NYC-LAX $129 Jan.14).

The only thing I'm curious to see is how much are the cabins for this year?
        Cardest
        Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:35 am

gunsngreens wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 pm Looking into everyone's posts regarding flight tickets, I'm honestly overwhelmed at the prices everyone is coming from. Being from LA, my total is at $367 (LAX-MIA $134 on Jan. 6, FLL-NYC $103 Jan. 11, NYC-LAX $129 Jan.14).

Yeah! I really want to the cabin price list up so I can budget for this. I don't know what they are.
        It's been a 4 year absence for me and I don't recall exactly how much my cabin was last time (2015)
        It's like the whole 70k site is in lock down or something. It's bizarre. Frustrating.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:56 am

Cardest wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:35 am
        gunsngreens wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 pm Looking into everyone's posts regarding flight tickets, I'm honestly overwhelmed at the prices everyone is coming from. Being from LA, my total is at $367 (LAX-MIA $134 on Jan. 6, FLL-NYC $103 Jan. 11, NYC-LAX $129 Jan.14).

Yeah! I really want to the cabin price list up so I can budget for this. I don't know what they are.
        It's been a 4 year absence for me and I don't recall exactly how much my cabin was last time (2015)
        It's like the whole 70k site is in lock down or something. It's bizarre. Frustrating.
        Here are the prices for this year's cruise. Expect 2020 to go up a bit:

https://gofile.io/?c=Wqgm3B
        Upcoming Gigs:
        2025 Wishlist
        Cardest
        Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:13 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:56 am
        Cardest wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:35 am

Here are the prices for this year's cruise. Expect 2020 to go up a bit:

https://gofile.io/?c=Wqgm3B

Thanks Dallas!
        For that link, I hope the Lions win this weekend!
        I think a 6D will do me nicely!
        But damn, our $ exchange rate sucks!
        My last cruise was 2015 and I recall the exchange was way better. So too was 2012, 2013, and 2014.
        Then Rudd/Gillard got the boot and the dollar took a nose dive.

• Harmatia
        Wiper

by Harmatia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:24 am

I read a news article yesterday that described the impact (loss of seats and revenue) to airlines around the world because of the 737 Max grounding. Here in Canada both Westjet and Air Canada have been hit pretty hard by the grounding. Everything from using less efficient planes to those with fewer capacity. That said, I'm a little annoyed because about a month ago I could have gotten return Calgary to Fort Lauderdale through United for $585 Canadian. Which is about what I made via an Air Canada seat sale last December for flights there this year.

A perfect storm of crap.
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Doing a bit of a flight-hack will make things a bit more affordable for me I think.

Can currently get Brisbane-LAX-Brisbane flights for under $1,400, then LAX-FLL-LAX for under $400. Much more affordable especially when booking for 2 (possibly 3 if my son comes with us again).

I just went back to my records and saw that for the flights for this year I didn't actually book until 17th of December (didn't recall it was that late!) so actually that made me relax a bit and realise I've got plenty of time to monitor prices.
        Upcoming Gigs:
        2025 Wishlist
      • Godflesh
        Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Shitrocked kept the first week of February, but departs from NOLA.
        I suppose our ship is too big for the NOLA port?
        Their boat sucks...
        toby
        Midshipman

by toby » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:21 am

Godflesh wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm Shitrocked kept the first week of February, but departs from NOLA.
        Their boat sucks...
        Yes. Or more accurately, it's too big to maneuver the Mississippi River to the Gulf of Mexico. Believe me, I would love it if something like the Indy could fit and we departed from New Orleans. lol
        cegr80
        Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:03 am

toby wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:21 am
        Godflesh wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm Shitrocked kept the first week of February, but departs from NOLA.
        Their boat sucks...
        Yes. Or more accurately, it's too big to maneuver the Mississippi River to the Gulf of Mexico. Believe me, I would love it if something like the Indy could fit and we departed from New Orleans. lol
        Can you imagine the parties at the Big Easy? Freaking awesome
      • Bob
        Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:47 am

I pulled the trigger on flights from Utah. I don't have the patience to wait 2-3 months prior departure for possible lower fares to open up. Last year that sweet-spot window never opened up for me and prices only kept going higher.
        Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
        1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
        2. Never seen them live.
        Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
        3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
        Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
        70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
        toby
        Midshipman

by toby » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:03 am
        toby wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:21 am
        Their boat sucks...
        Can you imagine the parties at the Big Easy? Freaking awesome
        Of course I can. lol We don't have beaches like the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area, but we have shit tonnes of booze.
        Jaimie38
        Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:35 pm

I usually fly with Aeroplan points (Air Canada) but there is only one flight selection for the dates I want. They offered an alternative if i fly out Jan 9 :lol:

Guess I 'll have to actually pay for flights with WestJet.... and here I booked a fancy hotel thinking my flights were going to be cheap..

:beerwink:
        9 Time Vet.
        Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
        DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
        TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
        Amalu
        Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:34 pm

Prices for flights haven't changed much for me. Flying from Zurich to Miami will be around 500$ which is pretty affordable.
      • deathmetalpat
        Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Spirit Airlines $133 RT for a thousand miles :lol: :lol: at the moment.
        2012-14 Survivor
        2015-16 Abandoned Ship
        2017 Returned
        2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
        2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
        2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
        2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
        Amalu
        Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Flight prices now went up a bit from Zurich. Will have to calculate around 200$ pP more for the flight.

Still in the manageable region.
      Post Reply 41 posts