Post Reply 341 posts
5 MONTHS until Round X!
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 5 MONTHS until Round X!

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:04 pm

Ethrivas wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:01 pm During drought of announcements, let me announce that the new Mgła album, Age of Excuse is OUT!!!!
    Lots to interest me coming out over the next few weeks!

Kobra and the Lotus
    Windrose
    Dragonforce
    Helloween United ALive
    Insomnium
    Lacuna Coil
    Unleash the Archers EP

Wonder how many of those will be released before we get an announcement? :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:43 pm

Not only are there zero announcements still, they haven't even updated the silly pool girl calendar thing for September yet.
    https://70000tons.com/home/

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:55 pm

How are other non-American's faring with the currency rates?

If it wasn't bad enough that flights to the USA in early January appear to be much more expensive than they typically are in late January, the exchange rate against the $USD keeps dropping :( The Australian Dollar exchange rate has dropped from 72 in April to 67 at the moment.

That makes a $USD3,000 cabin $300 Australian dollars more than it would have cost 5 months ago :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:08 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:55 pm How are other non-American's faring with the currency rates?

If it wasn't bad enough that flights to the USA in early January appear to be much more expensive than they typically are in late January, the exchange rate against the $USD keeps dropping :( The Australian Dollar exchange rate has dropped from 72 in April to 67 at the moment.

That makes a $USD3,000 cabin $300 Australian dollars more than it would have cost 5 months ago :(
    For Canadians:

Last year I got an interior quad for $766 - 10% + $423 taxes and fees, for a total fare of $1,112.40 USD. Divided into 4 equal payments at the time, I paid between $330CAD and $400CAD/mth.

The same room this year, I'd be paying $371 at the current exchange rate.

So... Par for the course for us Canadians
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:28 pm

ok now, suddenly the calendar pool girl (September) thing was just updated moments ago!
    It might not mean a damn thing, but...someone is on the damn website.
    Let's roll out the bands already!
    https://70000tons.com/home/

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:25 am

Yet more pool girl pics today.

Hey UMC

(I mostly just wanted a good excuse to use that GIF because I think it's hilarious)
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Gratch wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:25 am Yet more pool girl pics today.

Hey UMC

(I mostly just wanted a good excuse to use that GIF because I think it's hilarious)
    Haha! I love it. You should post this in the FB group. Lot's of people are loosing their shit over the delay.

I'm actually not worried, all my pre and post hotels and flights are booked. I'm the guy with the pitch fork that dumps more gasoline on the dumpster fire by posting "Whoa Whoa Whoa Jamie's Crying" in response, haha!
    https://youtu.be/2MVplfdNC6E
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Australian dollar has risen a cent against the US in the last 24 hours!

(That makes a $3,000 cabin $100 cheaper - that's like 3-4 shirts or a bunch of beers!!!)

HURRY UP AND SEND THOSE BOOKING CODES SO I CAN PAY MY MONEY BEFORE IT DROPS!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:28 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:33 pm Australian dollar has risen a cent against the US in the last 24 hours!

(That makes a $3,000 cabin $100 cheaper - that's like 3-4 shirts or a bunch of beers!!!)

I don't even care about bands at this point. lol
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:07 pm

toby wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:28 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:33 pm Australian dollar has risen a cent against the US in the last 24 hours!

123 days to go.

In 2015, with 123 days to go until the 2016 cruise, we knew 40 bands.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:43 pm

123 days to go.
    Silence sucks - That's what Rollins Band had on one of their t-shirts in 1994.
    Let's have the end of this ridiculous silence already. Please!

How in all seriousness can this be all organzied in 123 days?
    I only see complete chaos.

Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Yeah!
    I decided it was worth the time and effort to go to an UAE exchange and get some American cash.
    Took the risk. Not fun to see it so low, still, but I reckon it might go back up to 69 again in a few days.
    I believe that if Australia had elected Billy in Labor, our dollar now would be at least mid 70's and even high 70's by January.
    Oh well.

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:29 pm

lol
    :bitch:
    Last edited by Azazel101 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Kiiku
    Wiper

by Kiiku » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 am

This is getting ridiculous, I don't even care about the band announcements but the silence always makes you wonder whether the cruise is going to happen at all, so you don't necessary want to spent your money on flights and accommodation for early January Florida holiday if the cruise doesn't happen. I've been going to the cruise every year since 2014 but this might be my last one because i'm getting seriously fed up how it works nowadays. There are a lot of festivals, who are willing to take my money months in advance. That way, at least, I can better plan my holidays, travels and everything else in life that needs organizing before these trips happen than trying to get everything in place mere weeks before the intended departure date.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:47 am

Kiiku wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 am the silence always makes you wonder whether the cruise is going to happen at all, so you don't necessary want to spent your money on flights and accommodation for early January Florida holiday if the cruise doesn't happen.
    That's been my concern as well, and why I haven't booked any flights or hotel yet. I mean, we're all 99% sure it's happening, but there's that little nag in the back of my mind that wonders if something has managed to go sideways and they're just going to suddenly pull the plug on the whole thing.

I had a dream last night that we all showed up, and the only bands there were 20 or so crappy 5th tier bands that no one had ever heard of. We decided to have a mutiny on the boat, and took over the cruise ship for ourselves. :beerbang:

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:36 am

Kiiku wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 am This is getting ridiculous, I don't even care about the band announcements but the silence always makes you wonder whether the cruise is going to happen at all, so you don't necessary want to spent your money on flights and accommodation for early January Florida holiday if the cruise doesn't happen. I've been going to the cruise every year since 2014 but this might be my last one because i'm getting seriously fed up how it works nowadays. There are a lot of festivals, who are willing to take my money months in advance. That way, at least, I can better plan my holidays, travels and everything else in life that needs organizing before these trips happen than trying to get everything in place mere weeks before the intended departure date.
    Yeah, pretty much this.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:23 am

ok sailors.....are we ready or what!

Mercyful Fate to be the first band up!

This weekend!
    Or I'm an astronaut with 3 heads!

toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:41 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:07 pm
    toby wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:28 am

123 days to go.

In 2015, with 123 days to go until the 2016 cruise, we knew 40 bands.
    :givebeer:
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:22 am

Cardest wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:23 am ok sailors.....are we ready or what!

Mercyful Fate to be the first band up!

This weekend!
    Or I'm an astronaut with 3 heads!
    There has got to be some insanely amazing 1st announcement like Mercyful Fate to get those who are (rightfully) pissed off at the moment back on the team. I'm sure the event will be as incredible as it has always been, but this lack of communication is just rude.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Even their facebook troll/social media person has been unusually quiet.

Gone from a post on facebook pretty much every 2nd day, to only 2 posts in the last 10 days.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:35 pm Even their facebook troll/social media person has been unusually quiet.

Gone from a post on facebook pretty much every 2nd day, to only 2 posts in the last 10 days.
    Like one of the others who decided to go to Japan, if 70K doesn't happen, we'll book a kick-ass vacation and wind up saving some money in the process.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:59 pm

HAPPY "ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK" EVERYONE!

#WishfulThinking
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:59 pm HAPPY "ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK" EVERYONE!

#WishfulThinking
    Here’s to hoping!
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:54 pm

16 days to the four-payment-plan cutoff of Sept 25.

It is more and more looking like there will be no gold-silver-public deliniation this year.

The following VERY TIGHT timeline only JUST fits in to 16 days, even if announcements start today!

*Announce bands*
      *bit of a break - at least 24 hours?*
      *Golds! Check your inbox*
      *allow 24 hours to ensure everyone has got their emails*
      *Gold booking commences*
      *allow at least 5 days to process the huge amount of requests*
      *Silvers! Check your inbox*
      *Silver booking commences*
      *allow at least 3 days to process the huge amount of requests*
      *Public bookings commence*
      *allow at least 5 days to process before Sept 25 cutoff*
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
    • Downvod
      Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:54 pm 16 days to the four-payment-plan cutoff of Sept 25.

It is more and more looking like there will be no gold-silver-public deliniation this year.

The following VERY TIGHT timeline only JUST fits in to 16 days, even if announcements start today!

*Announce bands*
      *Gold booking commences*
      I mean, technically they could leave every booking round open for just 2-3 days and work on all of the booking confirmations collectively, no?
      70k 2016: Cabin 7279
      70k 2017: Cabin 6361
      70k 2018: Cabin 1704
      70k 2019: Cabin 1402
      70k 2020: Cabin 9220
      70k 2023: Cabin 1704
      70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
      stoverkill
      Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:53 pm

I feel like we will now finally get platinum booking status. Along with the ultimate thrash lineup.

And robes. We will finally get our robes!
      :shred:
      13 time survivor
      mooyagi
      Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:01 pm

stoverkill wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:53 pmAnd robes. We will finally get our robes!
      You gotta bug your stateroom attendant more. We get ours.
      I should get around to updating my signature
      stoverkill
      Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:02 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:01 pm
      stoverkill wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:53 pmAnd robes. We will finally get our robes!
      :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
      13 time survivor
    • meshuggah
      Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:54 pm

stoverkill wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:53 pm I feel like we will now finally get platinum booking status. Along with the ultimate thrash lineup.

And robes. We will finally get our robes!
      LOVE your shirt!
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:23 pm

On the brightside.....

9th of September, and ZERO bands on the lineup I don't like!

That's a first!!

:lol: :P :roll: :cry:
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
      PotatoPotahto
      Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:44 am

Downvod wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:07 pm
      cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:54 pm 16 days to the four-payment-plan cutoff of Sept 25.

*Announce bands*
      *Gold booking commences*
      I mean, technically they could leave every booking round open for just 2-3 days and work on all of the booking confirmations collectively, no?
      I did the math a few days ago on the discord, and if they allowed only 2 days between survivor tiers, there's a minimum of 12 days between announcing and payment cut off, 11 if they announce and send gold emails in the same day.

Day 1: Announce
      Day 2: Send golds emails
      Day 4: Open booking to golds
      Day 6: send silvers emails
      Day 8: Open silver booking
      Day 10: Open public booking
      Day 12: Close payment plan
      Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    • Phoenix
      Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:03 am

Y'all seem to think that UMC can process gold sales in a day or two. The number of Gold sailors increases every year, and in previous years they had like a business week to process these things. And you want them to cram all that work into a DAY?

If that's the plan, this is setting themselves up for a complete disaster when it comes to opening sales. I really think there HAS to be a change up this year, or a change in the monthly plan.

And if I'm wrong, good luck to all of you. You're gonna need it.

Survivor:
      Out for 2023
    • Bob
      Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:02 am

Robes, what robes? 5 years and I've never seen robes.

Konvent
      2. Never seen them live.
      Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
      Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    • Marmotte
      Oiler

by Marmotte » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm

Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:03 am Y'all seem to think that UMC can process gold sales in a day or two. The number of Gold sailors increases every year, and in previous years they had like a business week to process these things. And you want them to cram all that work into a DAY?

If that's the plan, this is setting themselves up for a complete disaster when it comes to opening sales. I really think there HAS to be a change up this year, or a change in the monthly plan.

I recall Andy saying they would change the booking process at the end of the 2018 cruise (to allow more new people in the cruise). They didn't change it last year, so I think they are changing it for this year and also that's why we don't have any booking information and bands.
      If that's the case, I hope the new system will have a server crash proofed fail safe when we will all try to book at the same time...
      :death:
      Whishlist: Powerwolf, Moonspell, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Turisas, Katatonia, Circus Maximus, BabyMetal, Myrath, Iced Earth, Arch Enemy
      Gratch
      Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Marmotte wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm If that's the case, I hope the new system will have a server crash proofed fail safe when we will all try to book at the same time...
      :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a chance. I'm guessing that whatever they do at this point will be a complete clusterfuck.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    • Bob
      Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Gratch wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:26 pm
      Marmotte wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm If that's the case, I hope the new system will have a server crash proofed fail safe when we will all try to book at the same time...
      :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a chance. I'm guessing that whatever they do at this point will be a complete clusterfuck.
      Last time there was a clusterfuck for me was 2018 trying to book my cabin, oh the horror, took over an hour, the website kept crashing, reload, retry, rinse, repeat, ugh! 2019 booking was much smoother.

Konvent
      2. Never seen them live.
    • Phoenix
      Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Gratch wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:26 pm Not a chance. I'm guessing that whatever they do at this point will be a complete clusterfuck.
      That was a given regardless :lol:

I will have to watch the forum the day sales finally do go up. I am drawn to chaos.

Survivor:
      Out for 2023
      mooyagi
      Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Bob wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:02 am
      Robes, what robes? 5 years and I've never seen robes.
      If you signed up for the Crown and Anchor benefits, you are supposed to get bathrobes after a certain number of nights from the cruise ship. I forget how many cruises it took. RC seems to not be honoring the benefits anymore but our stateroom attendants have had no problem grabbing the robes for us the past few cruises.
      I should get around to updating my signature
    • Downvod
      Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:21 pm

Phoenix wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:03 am Y'all seem to think that UMC can process gold sales in a day or two. The number of Gold sailors increases every year, and in previous years they had like a business week to process these things. And you want them to cram all that work into a DAY?

What I am suggesting is that they choose to process all of the bookings before opening up the next tier. They don’t necessarily HAVE to. They can allow everyone to book from each tier and process them all collectively.
      70k 2016: Cabin 7279
      70k 2017: Cabin 6361
      70k 2018: Cabin 1704
      70k 2019: Cabin 1402
      70k 2020: Cabin 9220
      70k 2023: Cabin 1704
      70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:59 pm

mooyagi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:14 pm
      Bob wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:02 am Robes, what robes? 5 years and I've never seen robes.
      If you signed up for the Crown and Anchor benefits, you are supposed to get bathrobes after a certain number of nights from the cruise ship. I forget how many cruises it took. RC seems to not be honoring the benefits anymore but our stateroom attendants have had no problem grabbing the robes for us the past few cruises.
      Royal doesn't generally honor loyalty perks on charter cruises, hence the suite lounge and other similar amenities (like no-fee room service for suite guests) are not offered. But at least the bathrobes ARE there and can be provided by the stewards.
      2025 Wishlist:
      1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
      2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
      2025: most likely
    Post Reply 341 posts