Post Reply 341 posts
5 MONTHS until Round X!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: 5 MONTHS until Round X!

by meshuggah » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:23 am

Godflesh wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:55 pm No Independence on the port schedule for Cozumel either.
    That's alarming. I can't help but think that there's trouble in Paradise. I figure a cancellation would not be announced until every possibility is exhausted for UMC.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:45 am

meshuggah wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:23 am
    Godflesh wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:55 pm No Independence on the port schedule for Cozumel either.
    That's alarming. I can't help but think that there's trouble in Paradise. I figure a cancellation would not be announced until every possibility is exhausted for UMC.
    +1
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:53 am

Zed3 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:50 am I've known since Skipper's thank you address at the end ok 70k 2019 that we'd run into trouble !
    He made a mistake when announcing the changed dates and announced January 7th-11th instead of February 7h-11th ! That would have been the logical choice as not in the middle of a week and closer to the customary dates and not as close to holiday season as early January !
    But he was too damn proud to admit his mistake and still stands by it. But it explains why he's been scrambling all year long without giving any real info to try to make it happen nonetheless on those (wrong) dates. I'm now fully prepared to see the thing cancelled as he realizes he can't make it :'(

Yeah this theory is pure bullshit as the dates would collide with that of Monsters Of Rock also on the Indy... just making some fun, we need it ;)
    Mauvaise prémisse, mais bonne conclusion. 10/20. 🤡
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:23 am

Gratch wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:42 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 pm The cruise is listed here: https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Inde ... =itinerary
    Not anymore.
    That’s...interesting.
    Well it is still here: https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruise ... -2020.html

You know that the internet is not a 100% reliable source of information, right?

Also, if the cruise would be cancelled (and I'm very certain that it is NOT), then the RCCL website would start selling tickets almost right away for a regular cruise those dates. They don't want their ship to be just laying in port for 4 days not generating revenue.

Do you really think that a site like cruisemapper would be informed of the cancellation and basically post it (by removing the cruise) before there's info anywhere else?
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:39 am

Amalu wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:23 am Well it is still here: https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruise ... -2020.html
    This also explains why Andy picked the dates he did. If you look at the Independence's schedule for January there is only 1 itinerary that is 4 days. If you look at February there are 2 itineraries that is 4 days. Both of those itineraries in February are not available for 70K due to 1) Rock Legends booked one of them and 2) the Feb 13 cruise is right after Monsters of Rock and they will not book charter cruises like this back to back.

I do think that Andy is having trouble booking bands this year. While the cruise takes place just after the holiday travel season anyone traveling that weekend before is doing so at the tail in of it. Airfare prices are higher that weekend. No only is that impacting survivors but is impacting bands and 70K as well. Also, with the US visa troubles that are occuring at the moment, that will impact bands who 1) have members coming from countries that require a US visa to enter and 2) some bands will play the cruise if they can make it part of a North America tour which would require work visas.

After attending the past 5 cruises I am at the point where there isn't really anything they can announce that would really blow me away. While I will always like plenty of the bands booked my real drive is hanging out with all of the wonder friends and friends to be during the cruise week. Unfortunately, I am in a position now that I will most likely not be returning to the cruise in 2020. If Andy would have started announcements and sent booking codes out in July/early August, I was ready to sign up. Between then and now priorities in my life have taken a pleasant shift. Plus I really think UMC's lack of communication is very disrespectful and has really worn me thin.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:57 am

Amalu wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:23 am
    Gratch wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:42 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Not anymore.
    That’s...interesting.
    Well it is still here: https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruise ... -2020.html

You know that the internet is not a 100% reliable source of information, right?

Also, if the cruise would be cancelled (and I'm very certain that it is NOT), then the RCCL website would start selling tickets almost right away for a regular cruise those dates. They don't want their ship to be just laying in port for 4 days not generating revenue.

Do you really think that a site like cruisemapper would be informed of the cancellation and basically post it (by removing the cruise) before there's info anywhere else?
    Did RCCL call cruisetimetables.com and tell them it's off? Of course not. But they're pulling their info from somewhere, so it's odd that it has suddenly disappeared when it was there before.

At this point, it obvious that something has gone wrong. Whether that's an indication that the cruise will cancel (unlikely) or it's just a significant delay (more likely) remains to be seen. Either way, the clusterfuck continues...
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:20 am

Gratch wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:57 am At this point, it obvious that something has gone wrong. Whether that's an indication that the cruise will cancel (unlikely) or it's just a significant delay (more likely) remains to be seen. Either way, the clusterfuck continues...
    Is it though? I mean that is the huge problem we have, we just don't know shit.

Is it all a marketing stunt?
    Is it just because Andy likes it this way?
    Is there a problem?

No one knows because UMC does not say anything meaningful at all!!

We know that they do start announcing bands without having booked all 60 of them. So even having problems booking all the bands should not stop them.

No idea here... It really is frustrating to see us as customers standing figuratively before UMC's doorway and SCREAMING to get any information what so ever and then being handed over the Pool Girl Calendar without any further comment. Very sad the whole situation.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:46 am

mbob wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:39 amThis also explains why Andy picked the dates he did. If you look at the Independence's schedule for January there is only 1 itinerary that is 4 days. If you look at February there are 2 itineraries that is 4 days. Both of those itineraries in February are not available for 70K due to 1) Rock Legends booked one of them and 2) the Feb 13 cruise is right after Monsters of Rock and they will not book charter cruises like this back to back.

I do think that Andy is having trouble booking bands this year. While the cruise takes place just after the holiday travel season anyone traveling that weekend before is doing so at the tail in of it. Airfare prices are higher that weekend. No only is that impacting survivors but is impacting bands and 70K as well. Also, with the US visa troubles that are occuring at the moment, that will impact bands who 1) have members coming from countries that require a US visa to enter and 2) some bands will play the cruise if they can make it part of a North America tour which would require work visas.

After attending the past 5 cruises I am at the point where there isn't really anything they can announce that would really blow me away. While I will always like plenty of the bands booked my real drive is hanging out with all of the wonder friends and friends to be during the cruise week. Unfortunately, I am in a position now that I will most likely not be returning to the cruise in 2020. If Andy would have started announcements and sent booking codes out in July/early August, I was ready to sign up. Between then and now priorities in my life have taken a pleasant shift. Plus I really think UMC's lack of communication is very disrespectful and has really worn me thin.
    Quitter! Take those words back!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:33 pm

Cabin prices are up on the site

Hopefully that means we see something soon.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:47 pm

The cheapest cabin is 1300 US? 1700 CAD?

That's a lot of dough.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:08 pm

Phoenix wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:47 pm The cheapest cabin is 1300 US? 1700 CAD?

That's a lot of dough.
    Upcharge for the “above and beyond” customer service we’ve been receiving. ;)

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:12 pm

Gratch wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:08 pm

Upcharge for the “above and beyond” customer service we’ve been receiving. ;)
    HAHAHAAHA - quote of the day!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:19 pm

The suite prices are drunk.
    The delta per person from 2019 varies from -$200 to +$266.
    So booking a J3 with 4 people will cost you $1064 MORE total, while booking a GS with 4 people will cost you $800 LESS total.
    But booking the SAME J3 with 3 people will only cost $99 more, and the SAME GS with 2 people is the same price, while the price for a J4 with 2 people went DOWN $200 total.

CSV data:
    J3,2019,2199,1766,1133
    ,per person,100,33,266
    ,total,200,99,1064
    J4,2019,2299,,
    ,per person,-100,,
    ,total,-200,0,0
    GS,2019,2799,2299,1799
    ,per person,0,-100,-200
    ,total,0,-300,-800
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:03 pm

So, currently 8pm Saturday 21st September in Vancounver.

How do they do this now?

Smash through the opening bands over the next 24 hours, concurrently sending out Gold and Silver survivor emails.

Open booking for Golds. Morning of Monday 23rd.

24 hours later open booking for Silvers. Morning of Monday 24th.

24 hours later open bookings to the public, so they've at least got the best part of a day to take advantage of the payment plan.

Possible, batshit crazy, but possible.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Gold emails should have already been sent for a booking opening Monday 9am PST, like last year, where they were sent exactly 60 hours prior. I actually received mine a few minutes before Andy announced them!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Also, note that the price list wasn’t announced. In fact, NOTHING has been announced since February.
    No new post in 26h either, so they really don’t seem to be in any kind of hurry.

Since October 7th is the cutoff date for many fees, I am guessing that this will become the new cutoff date for benefiting of the payment plan - pay 25% at booking time, then 25% on October 25th, and after.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:34 pm

So....
    Soon then?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:15 am

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:07 am

Godflesh wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:53 pm Gold emails should have already been sent for a booking opening Monday 9am PST, like last year, where they were sent exactly 60 hours prior. I actually received mine a few minutes before Andy announced them!
    Plenty of cases when we've had much less notice though.

70K 2014, I got my gold email 4pm Australian time April 1st, with bookings to open 5pm EST April 1st. Doing my math I think that is only 15 hours notice.
    70K 2016, email received 5pm June 25th, bookings opening 3pm EDT on June 25th.

So yeah, less than 24 hours notice is likely.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:23 am

Indeed, for 2016 and 2018 I also received my booking code the day before. 2017 was 2 days before.
    I don't think booking codes being sent *this morning* for booking on Monday is likely, though.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:32 am

Maybe :mrgreen: just open booking and send out the mails at the same time.

I mean pissing off people is kind of their thing year, isn't it?
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:52 am

Just mucked around in pShop for fun

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:35 am

Can’t see them announcing anything on a Sunday or Monday.UMC is bound by contract to do certain things and slapping a price list up by September 25th was probably one of them.Plus the list is all over the place price wise,not even worth trying to figure out how the cabin with 3 sq. ft more space and a balcony (3B) is cheaper than one without (1M).They made mistakes last year but the whole pricing scheme is “drunk” as stated above.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:06 pm

6 days till the 100 days mark.
    Last year, we got a 100 Days post on October 23.
    By then, we knew 35 bands.

I would open a “guess the number of bands announced by the 100 days mark” thread, but I think everybody is tired of this bullshit.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:02 am

Godflesh wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:06 pm I would open a “guess the number of bands announced by the 100 days mark” thread, but I think everybody is tired of this bullshit.
    That kind of guessing game actually is what keeps me sane. If nothing is going on from UMC then we will need something going on in the forum. ;-)
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:06 am

Godflesh wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:53 am Mauvaise prémisse, mais bonne conclusion. 10/20. 🤡
    10/20 seulement, je vais être privé de goûter avec une note pareille :cry:
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:04 pm

-105 days :lol:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:10 pm

What a complete shit show this is turning out to be. After 10 years they are flushing their reputation right down the drain.
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:06 am

-104 DAYS :lol:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:49 am

jeyrow wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:06 am -104 DAYS :lol:
    So only 44 more days until we can start announcing a band per day. Still plenty of time.
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:44 am

-103 Days :lol:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:10 am

Will we be getting a "100 days to go" post? Might well be.
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:16 am

now it sounds like the strongest proposal
    Amalu wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:10 am Will we be getting a "100 days to go" post? Might well be.
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:46 am

-102 Days :lol:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:07 pm

99 DAYS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:47 am

70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:52 pm

jeyrow wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:47 am 98
    94!

94 Days to go
    2019 cruise - we found out the 38th(!) band on the lineup, but then entered a two month band announcement drought
    2018 cruise - 38 bands known
    2017 cruise - 39 bands known, but in the middle of an announcement drought that lasted 4 months
    2016 cruise - 40 bands known, but then entered into a three month band announcement drought
    2015 cruise - 32 bands known, but in the middle of a two month announcement drought
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:19 am

Aloha sailors

Frustrated sailors...

Just got back from the pub with a stack of metal mates (a friend's farewell - who's moving to Helsinki).
    Everyone there - we were all talking about this cruise and everyone but 1 or 2
    convinced this thing is over. It's cancelled.
    A couple of us sticking it out til it really is.
    Flights - hotels - awful exchange rates - all of that discussed.
    Depressing.

What did we have this time last year? 38 bands?

This year, 0.

I don't see it happening.

All of us complaining about the lack of communication, the silence, at the pub.
    Instead of a awesome vibe, a 10yr celebration vibe, metal vibe, it was a sour vibe.

The effect this silence has on us, just a dozen metallers in a Sydney pub...not to mention worldwide.

Doro (US girl) not the singer, was mentioned and how the beach party was still going ahead etc.
    Scratching heads, no one has answers.

EPICA is confirmed, we all believe.
    SO WHY NOT JUST COME OUT WITH IT ALREADY?
    Grrrrrrrr

Getting on the train to come home, was fucking depressing. We all should be hyper.

93 days to go - zip.

Hardly a 10yr celebrating mood.

People say oh It'll the 10th of the 10th....why is anyone's guess.
    I see no logic in that.

So many piked.

I personally believe that we'll get something in a day or few...still holding onto that, like Stallone hanging on that cliff in that movie
    Cliffhanger. HA HA ha ehh ....uh.....emm...yeah.....

QUESTION 1:
    WHO HAS ACTUALLY BOOKED FLIGHTS ALREADY?

QUESTION 2:
    WILL YOU STILL GO TO FLORIDA IF THIS IS CANCELLED?

QUESTION 3:
    IF NO, DO WE ALL GET TOGETHER ON A MIAMI BEACH ANYWAY ON THE 6th JANUARY?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:30 am

1 - NO. Definitely not booked flights already. Would I have, if bookings were open and we had some bands already? Probably not - would be holding onto the hope that prices will drop and will look actively to book Nov/Dec.

2- NO. Will head to Europe if 70K is cancelled. Maybe for a short trip in January to catch a tour or two (like the Elvenking/Brothers of Metal tour!) and with a plan to head there again (or maybe even Japan!) later in the year. Because, I could do both those things for the cost of 70K!

3 - I imagine there will be a few there to beach party in January. But like your shindig today, it would be more of a wake than a party :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:55 am

Cardest wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:19 am QUESTION 1:
    WHO HAS ACTUALLY BOOKED FLIGHTS ALREADY?
    Not applicable for me, since we'll probably drive down to Fla. from Atlanta.
    QUESTION 2:
    WILL YOU STILL GO TO FLORIDA IF THIS IS CANCELLED?
    Maybe yes, to Universal Studios Florida.
    QUESTION 3:
    IF NO, DO WE ALL GET TOGETHER ON A MIAMI BEACH ANYWAY ON THE 6th JANUARY?
    Hey, maybe!
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 341 posts