Post Reply 59 posts
Guess the date they announce the change to the payment plan!
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

Re: Guess the date they announce the change to the payment plan!

by Mr.Kito » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:15 am And now, lets guess which of these we get next!

- them actually fixing the change of payment plan date in all referenced pages on the site, AND TELLING US ABOUT IT?
    - a "100 days to go" post?
    - the next iteration of "poolgirl of the month"?
    - a band announcement?
    - booking code emails?
    no 100 days post at all is something I wasn't expecting
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:56 pm

*putting on my Dad voice*

I'm not angry, just disappointed :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:15 am And now, lets guess which of these we get next!

- them actually fixing the change of payment plan date in all referenced pages on the site, AND TELLING US ABOUT IT?
    - a "100 days to go" post?
    - a band announcement?
    - booking code emails?
    Well, at this point I don't think we are getting a 100 days post so I'll go with this order:

- a band announcement?
    - booking code emails?
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:51 pm

I'll go with:

-- some bullshit post about a ship amenity, maybe the NEW water slides!
      -- a band announcement, to actually start things off
      -- them actually fixing the change of payment plan date in all referenced pages on the site, AND TELLING US ABOUT IT
      -- Updating the payment plan to reflect either three monthly payments (not 4) or 4 payments, 3 weeks apart
      -- booking code emails, but possibly only one "returning survivor" tier
      -- the next iteration of "poolgirl of the month" (not due now until November and if we don't have any of the above by then, the cruise is pretty much completely fucked with an anchor)
      2025 Wishlist:
      1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
      2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
      2025: most likely
      Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 pm

And this whole thinning out the herd theory I have seen being tossed up, I find disturbing to be honest.
      If that was the thinking, the planning here, what a disgrace!
      A ten year anniversary should never be about thinning out the survivors who have made this cruise/event a spectacular
      journey each year.
      From all over the world we come to celebrate metal and friendships, with people we'd normally never meet.

I hope it's nothing about thinning us out to attract newbies.
      That would be a mountain of disrespect to everyone who has ever boarded the boat.

Survivors are what makes this boat tick!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    • Godflesh
      Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:41 pm

Here’s what I think we’ll get next:
      - nothing
      - nada
      - zip
      - zilch
      - bumpkis
      In that order.
    • Godflesh
      Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:46 pm

Cardest wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 pm And this whole thinning out the herd theory I have seen being tossed up, I find disturbing to be honest.
      A ten year anniversary should never be about thinning out the survivors who have made this cruise/event a spectacular
      journey each year.
      From all over the world we come to celebrate metal and friendships, with people we'd normally never meet.

That would be a mountain of disrespect to everyone who has ever boarded the boat.

100%
      ollyhills
      Crewman

by ollyhills » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:31 am

Cardest wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 pm And this whole thinning out the herd theory I have seen being tossed up, I find disturbing to be honest.
      journey each year.

But when every one of those returning members costs them 5-10 (predominantly 10) percent of the ticket sales... 🤷‍♀️

(FYI I think it’s shit too but since we live in a money hungry era we have to think money hungry like)
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:47 am

Exactly what I said elsewhere :) If 60% of passengers on recent cruisers are repeat cruisers, that could be as much as half a million dollars of lost revenue due to the discounts offered.

And for an operation that he admits is very lean (14 staff) - that is HUGE.
      Upcoming Gigs:
      -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
      2025 Wishlist
      Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
      SavaRon
      Crewman

by SavaRon » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:56 am

Why wouldn't they just get rid of the discounts then. The whole thing makes no sense and I think something must have went off the rails. The changing of different dates for payments a couple times indicates that. If this is just some 10/10 announcement for the 10th cruise that is just dumb. I don't see how this will sell out with only 3 months notice.

So glad we booked Megacruise this year instead.
      mbob
      Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:37 am

I would be willing to bet that the cabin prices are planned based on these discounts occurring. They, in reality, are not really discounts. The cabins are priced higher and the discounts bring the price down to the "real" price. It's all about determining what that median price needs to be in order to make the money you require. So in the end I do not believe the discounts impact their bottom line negatively.
      2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
      2016 - Survivor (2292)
      2017 - Survivor (9618)
      2018 - Survivor (9678)
      2019 - Survivor (9272)
      2020 - Retired
      2021 - COVID
      2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
      2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
      acidbasement
      Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:55 am

mbob wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:37 am I would be willing to bet that the cabin prices are planned based on these discounts occurring. They, in reality, are not really discounts. The cabins are priced higher and the discounts bring the price down to the "real" price. It's all about determining what that median price needs to be in order to make the money you require. So in the end I do not believe the discounts impact their bottom line negatively.
      Exactly.
      I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
      SavaRon
      Crewman

by SavaRon » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:57 am

They know how to price them. Plus the fees go up every year too. Pissing off your good customers isn't a good business plan. I just can't figure it out at all. They could probably sell half the boat without announcing a band. They should open booking for the next year on the boat in all reality. Get people while they are experiencing it right then.
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:27 am

mbob wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:37 am I would be willing to bet that the cabin prices are planned based on these discounts occurring. They, in reality, are not really discounts. The cabins are priced higher and the discounts bring the price down to the "real" price. It's all about determining what that median price needs to be in order to make the money you require. So in the end I do not believe the discounts impact their bottom line negatively.
      Yep. This. They can always raise the nondiscounted "taxes, port charges and booking fees" to compensate, and also raise cabin prices.
      They know how to price them. Plus the fees go up every year too. Pissing off your good customers isn't a good business plan. I just can't figure it out at all. They could probably sell half the boat without announcing a band. They should open booking for the next year on the boat in all reality. Get people while they are experiencing it right then.
      --And until this year, I'd probably have booked it for the following year, right on the boat.

But now.... Not so much.
      2025 Wishlist:
      1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:35 am

Okay, I'm calling it right now.

10/10: ten bands announced, with the rest to be announced SOOOOOOOOOON. We all know how Andy loves playing with dates and numbers.
      10/12: bookings open for Gold survivors at ten a.m. US Eastern Time. (Why THAT day and time? Because this falls during the time I'd be boarding my upcoming "regular" cruise. :twisted: )
      Following week: full payment due...while I'm on the ship or in fucking Aruba or something. :lol:

Go ahead, Andy. Prove me wrong.
      2025 Wishlist:
    • Bob
      Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:39 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:35 am Following week: full payment due...while I'm on the ship or in fucking Aruba or something. :lol:
      Exactly! Contemplating getting the rediculously expensive internet package aboard MegaCruise for this very same reason.
      Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
      1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
      2. Never seen them live.
      Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
      3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
      Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
      70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
      acidbasement
      Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:34 am

Andy, after announcing bands and booking codes in December:

I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    • fishski
      Oiler

by fishski » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:54 am

Change the conditions on October 11, after starting announcements on October 10.

No explanation given, but a "please welcome Jari to the 70k team" message included in the announcement.
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:05 pm

LOL still nothing :P

In 21 hours we will hit the "3 months to go" point. Will THAT illicit a post and sign of life?????
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist