Post Reply 120 posts
70000 Tons of NO Metal
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: 70000 Tons of NO Metal

by Pellaz » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:51 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:05 pm
    meshuggah wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:56 pm 1st announcement for Round X, announced on Month X on day X has got to be Symphony X
    I'd gladly take King's X

:)
    I'd be quite happy with either of those, TBH.

There's also X, X Marks the Pedwalk, Eternity-X, and X-Cops. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:51 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:05 pm
    meshuggah wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:56 pm 1st announcement for Round X, announced on Month X on day X has got to be Symphony X
    I'd gladly take King's X

:)
    I'd be quite happy with either of those, TBH.

There's also X, X Marks the Pedwalk, Eternity-X, and X-Cops. :lol:
    Xmon Xmarth?
    :P
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:13 pm

STATIC X is playing the Hell&Heaven festival.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:41 pm

with all the 70000 tons drama the MEGACRUISE would have been a better choice now it is too late for that !
    Even the KISS kruise looked like fun and a lot less drama they have waiting lists available ,they are sold out !!!!!!!!!!
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:50 pm

the irony is 70000 tons is the most expensive trip as it is compared to all the other cruises and festivals and the fans that have made it as big as it is seem to be getting punished with all this nonsense and maybe even having to pay more !!!!!!!!!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:36 pm A poolgirl for October but:

- NO mention of it on twitter
    - NO mention of it on facebook
    - NO mention of it on instagram
    - NO correct link to it on the website even (links point to the September one)

Seriously - do they have an intern looking after this at the moment?
    \o/ They FINALLY corrected the link to the pool girl at least :P

Still no mention of it on social media (as noted, that is probably for the best!)

So, my goading might be making a slight difference? If that is the case...

- NO bands
    - NO booking codes
    - NO bands
    - NO booking codes
    - NO bands
    - NO booking codes
    - NO bands
    - NO booking codes
    - NO bands
    - NO booking codes
    - NO bands
    - NO booking codes
    - NO bands
    - NO booking codes
    - NO bands
    - NO booking codes
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:28 am

I was thinking how UNFAIR this whole situation must be to the bands also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bands that would prefer to probably have at least 6 months notice to get things in order to try to even consider the cruise.
    I am thinking bands from Europe like Insomnium and In Mourning for example who both have great new albums just out, that would maybe consider doing 70000 tons if given enough time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:13 am

trying to figure by what date is best to throw in the towel and make other plans for a different trip if nothing happens with 70000 Tons ?????????????
    can only hang in for so long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fishski
    Oiler

by fishski » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:16 am

metalforever wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:28 am I was thinking how UNFAIR this whole situation must be to the bands also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bands that would prefer to probably have at least 6 months notice to get things in order to try to even consider the cruise.
    I am thinking bands from Europe like Insomnium and In Mourning for example who both have great new albums just out, that would maybe consider doing 70000 tons if given enough time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    True, but for all we know there may be several bands booked already. It's hard to say whether band bookings are being treated the same as guest bookings.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:19 am

you make an interesting point !
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:25 pm

fishski wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:16 am
    metalforever wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:28 am I was thinking how UNFAIR this whole situation must be to the bands also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    True, but for all we know there may be several bands booked already. It's hard to say whether band bookings are being treated the same as guest bookings.
    I have heard whispers of bands that have TRIED to be in communication with the Skipper recently but heard nothing so my guess is they are in the dark as much as us.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:30 am

metalforever wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:13 am trying to figure by what date is best to throw in the towel and make other plans for a different trip if nothing happens with 70000 Tons ?????????????
    can only hang in for so long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm thinking that if we don't get anything on October 10th -- tenth sailing, tenth day of the tenth month -- then it's time to throw in the towel.
    Since I have the 70K dates requested off from work, I'd probably just head to Fla. and spend less money than I've allocated for 70K on a good trip to Universal Studios in Orlando.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:46 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:25 pm
    I have heard whispers of bands that have TRIED to be in communication with the Skipper recently but heard nothing so my guess is they are in the dark as much as us.
    We more or less know that Epica has been booked some time ago. I'm pretty sure that Andy has his list of bands he wants to book. Surely most of the bands got enough time to prepare.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:52 am

I got a sneaky feeling some of OR at least one of the UMC staffers are posing as sailors on here.

Because they are just as angsty as us!
    And want to communicate but cannot.
    So one or more have gone undercover as a metal head(s) sailors and
    throwing a few scenarios out there that we are taking note of but not 100%
    seriously taking note of...in other words, they are communicating but in a very sneaky manner.
    Am I losing my mind? haha
    We all are!
    We are all!
    All we need....

I just have that sneaking suspicion, that's all.

Shhh!!!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:07 am

Cardest wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:52 am I got a sneaky feeling some of OR at least one of the UMC staffers are posing as sailors on here.
    Nah dude, I've met nearly all the people posting. None of them work for UMC. The ones I haven't met aren't posting enough about cruise issues.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:57 am

Phoenix wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:07 am Nah dude, I've met nearly all the people posting. None of them work for UMC. The ones I haven't met aren't posting enough about cruise issues.
    Agreed!

Also, I still don't think that everything behind the scene is nearly as chaotic as we might think.
    If you can, just wait patiently, save your money and book whenever you can. It will all work out fantastic as usual :-)
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Cardest wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:52 am ...
    Because they are just as angsty as us!
    And want to communicate but cannot.
    Marieke Bresseleers, our own pool girl voted that she was not attending 70K. It's a joke tho, the way she is. Haha!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:54 pm

I think 10/10 has better than 50/50 chance of being the magic date !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gulp:
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:30 am I'm thinking that if we don't get anything on October 10th -- tenth sailing, tenth day of the tenth month
    10th anniversay sailing, UMC bright idea => Announce on the 10th month (October), 10th day at 10 o'clock (UMC time of course), RELEASE THE KRAKEN. Oh ye of little faith, it makes perfect sense, haha!

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:01 pm

So IF stuff is to go down on 10/10 and IF it was to follow any relation to how things happened last year. This is how it went down:
    - SOON video posted to Facebook 1am (Australian time) on Friday 31st August
    - At practically the same time, Skipper created the Megathread on the forum
    - Almost 24 hours (a bit over 22) later, the first band was announced
    - Then Gold survivors got their emails a couple of days later.

So that would mean a SOON video and a Megathread somewhere in the next 30 hours, and band announcements to start under 24 hours after that.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am

Bob wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:16 pm 10th anniversay sailing, UMC bright idea => Announce on the 10th month (October), 10th day at 10 o'clock (UMC time of course), RELEASE THE KRAKEN. Oh ye of little faith, it makes perfect sense, haha!
    Beware of the 11th cruise then. Or even the 12th. :mrgreen:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:11 am

Amalu wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am
    Bob wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:16 pm 10th anniversay sailing, UMC bright idea => Announce on the 10th month (October), 10th day at 10 o'clock (UMC time of course), RELEASE THE KRAKEN. Oh ye of little faith, it makes perfect sense, haha!
    Beware of the 11th cruise then. Or even the 12th. :mrgreen:
    And what the fuck will they do for the 13th??!!?? :O
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:29 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:01 pm So IF stuff is to go down on 10/10 and IF it was to follow any relation to how things happened last year. This is how it went down:
    - SOON video posted to Facebook 1am (Australian time) on Friday 31st August
    - At practically the same time, Skipper created the Megathread on the forum
    - Almost 24 hours (a bit over 22) later, the first band was announced
    - Then Gold survivors got their emails a couple of days later.

So that would mean a SOON video and a Megathread somewhere in the next 24 hours, and band announcements to start under 24 hours after that.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:19 am

10/10, 10:10am???

Illuminati
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:04 am

Since there is nothing else to talk about, here goes a fun fact.

I was listening to the new Equilibrium album (guilty, I love it, sorry fanboys), and I noticed that on the song Hype Train the lyrics go like "The jacket fits and the shoes are tight, there are 70.000 miles to ride". Coincidence?
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:42 am

So I found some alternate flights that interest me. But I didn't book them yet.

In the end I felt I need to see how this 10/10 cult plays out since so many people seem to have their money on it. Also it's only an extra couple of days wait. Still have my plan B if the announcements are weak or non-existent.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:47 am

Ravenlord wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:42 am So I found some alternate flights that interest me. But I didn't book them yet.

In the end I felt I need to see how this 10/10 cult plays out since so many people seem to have their money on it. Also it's only an extra couple of days wait. Still have my plan B if the announcements are weak or non-existent.
    People have had their money on like a dozen different theories before this one. The only reason this one may become true is that, you know, it's less than 3 months before departure and it should happen some time s.... I won't say the word.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:39 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:11 am
    Amalu wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am Beware of the 11th cruise then. Or even the 12th. :mrgreen:
    Well the 13th will be resetting the whole thing. Then we will get the first announcement on the 13th of 13th month which is the 1st month of the following year. So we will get the first band of 13th cruise before boarding the 12th, nice! :deathhorns:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:11 am

Amalu wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:39 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:11 am
    Amalu wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am Beware of the 11th cruise then. Or even the 12th. :mrgreen:
    Well the 13th will be resetting the whole thing. Then we will get the first announcement on the 13th of 13th month which is the 1st month of the following year. So we will get the first band of 13th cruise before boarding the 12th, nice! :deathhorns:
    Wishlist:

• Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:01 am

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:47 am The only reason this one may become true is that, you know, it's less than 3 months before departure and it should happen some time s.... I won't say the word.
    Well done! Don't say the s... word. I've removed that word from my vocabulary. Every time I see it I get triggered. Haha!

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
  • greatmusic
    Wiper

by greatmusic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:51 pm

If you haven’t seen it already, there’s a post today on Facebook from Andy. He’s been battling a health issue and only now feels like he’s “out of the woods”. He assures that the cruise will happen & that there will be a payment plan.

Btw, Annihilator & Metallica have posted that they have a big announcement tomorrow 10/10. I always assumed Metallica is too big for the cruise, but if the 10/10 is when they start announcing bands then an interesting coincidence.
    Survivor: 2012, 2015, 2018, 2019 2020
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:06 pm

greatmusic wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:51 pm If you haven’t seen it already, there’s a post today on Facebook from Andy. He’s been battling a health issue and only now feels like he’s “out of the woods”. He assures that the cruise will happen & that there will be a payment plan.

Btw, Annihilator & Metallica have posted that they have a big announcement tomorrow 10/10. I always assumed Metallica is too big for the cruise, but if the 10/10 is when they start announcing bands then an interesting coincidence.
    Yes, we know. He also posted that on the forum. It was the thread at the top of the list before you responded here.

He also said in that announcement that things would be happening "next week", so the 10/10 theory probably has no merit anymore.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:56 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:04 am Since there is nothing else to talk about, here goes a fun fact.

I was listening to the new Equilibrium album (guilty, I love it, sorry fanboys), and I noticed that on the song Hype Train the lyrics go like "The jacket fits and the shoes are tight, there are 70.000 miles to ride". Coincidence?
    Well, they've been onbroad twice before....

If they play "Mana" in its entirety, all will be forgiven. :lol: :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:10 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:04 am Since there is nothing else to talk about, here goes a fun fact.

That would be cool to see them onbroad again!
    I don't know why on Earth their new album, they changed direction so much. But I dig it.
    Metal elitists are a bunch of lightweights - so never apologize for liking a record man!

Bring 'em back Skip!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:09 pm

three day passes for hellfest June of :death: 2020 is already sold out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:59 am

Ravenlord wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:42 am So I found some alternate flights that interest me. But I didn't book them yet.

Well that's it my friends. I have decided to stick with my plan and booked flights elsewhere. 70K was to be just one part of a much bigger trip but in the end it was holding everything up. Although I know it's as good as confirmed, the 2019 cruise was one of the best for me but I seriously feel that the issues so far may have a significantly impact the vibe of the upcoming cruise. I hope I'm completely wrong and the cruise is fantastic for all who are able to make it. I'll still be keeping an eye on the lineup to try catch whatever I miss in Europe next summer.

Won't be on 2021 either based on my travel plan. Guess I'll see you all soon then :P

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Although I'm glad we know the reason behind the delay, I still have some reservations about going this time around.

I'm no festival promoter, but I would assume there is a metric shit-ton of logistics coordination that needs to be done 4-6 months in advance to pull off something as big as 70K. If the operation is enough of a one man show that Skipper getting sick can delay announcements this badly, I can't help but wonder if he can pull off the rest of the planning required in a now significantly compressed time frame. That's not making any negative assumptions about Andy's capabilities, btw...it's just the reality of how quickly the cruise is coming up.

Hopefully there were still plenty of folks working behind the scenes to keep things moving, and his illness didn't throw the entire thing behind by a couple months. That seems...disastrous.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Andy managed to turn the Indy to the North last time for building up the the deck stage, so I think he can do quite a lot.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:01 pm

FinnPete wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:59 pm Andy managed to turn the Indy to the North last time for building up the the deck stage, so I think he can do quite a lot.
    Yep. Keep the faith :death:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:16 pm

83 days to go. We've ticked off a few things but still dying for some bands, booking codes, and a bit of positivity and signs of life here :D

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:28 pm FURTHER UPDATE!!

99 days to go and:

- no pinned "OFFICIAL" 2020 thread on the forum
    - no 2019 day 4 recap video
    - no bands
    - no booking codes
    - no updated payment date in the terms and conditions
    - no '100 days to go' post
    - no 2020 logo
    - no customer service
    - no fucking hope
    - no forum update since August 8th
    - no twitter update since the last poolgirl on September 4th
    - no youtube update since May 3rd
    - no instagram update since September 11th
    - no facebook updates since September 21st
    - no Festival DVD
    - no Frequent Cruiser Program
    - no Special Gift for Veterans

What have I missed? :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 120 posts