Post Reply 202 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2020?
    toby
    Midshipman

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2020?

by toby » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 am

Bob wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:58 am
    toby wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:52 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:01 pm Pellaz, you have experience with cruise prices: is Megacruise much more expensive than 70K, or in the same ballpark?
    Slightly more expensive, but an extra day. That being said, a LOT less bands.
    Less bands and it won't be a marathon like 70K, I might actually get proper sleep on MegaCruise.
    Megacruise looks even lighter than MORC band/schedule-wise, so definitely not a marathon like 70K.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:53 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm Cripper - calling it quits
    This feels like a bit of 70K history dying a quiet death (the worst kind) :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:46 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:12 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:36 pm
    Tiki108 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am ProgPower got exclusive 2020 US appearances for the following bands, so they can be ruled out. :-(

Conception
    The Night Flight Orchestra
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Shattered Skies
    Turilli / Lione Rhapsody
    Ihsahn
    theGathering
    Arion
    Was that mentioned in the roster presentation video, or was it mentioned online? I don't remember a distinction made between bands during the announcement video.

Also, as others have said, 70K isn't technically a US appearance. I'd love to see EToS, The Gathering or Ihsahn on the boat, but knowing they'll be here (Atlanta) next year is pretty awesome anyway if they ARE contractually barred.
    It’s on their FB page which ones are US exclusive. And I would definitely love if they could be on 70k, but I just assumed the US exclusive might rule them out. I’m definitely going to look into it more tomorrow when I’m bored at work.
    US exclusives does not rule out 70k. Einherjer played 70k with a US exclusive at MDF the same year, there have probably been more examples.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Saxon have had to cancel all shows for the remainder of the year due to Biff having heart problems.

Would daresay that rules them out for 70k too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:13 am

MAJESTICA can be ruled out, as they are playing Tokyo on the 12th. No way can you get from FLL on the 11th to there in time.

which also rules out...

SABATON as the singer for Majestica is Tommy Johansson, guitarist for Sabaton

AVATARIUM also won't be back in 2020 - dates in Sweden during the cruise dates
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:50 am

Also, singer from the mighty FROZEN CROWN confirmed on her facebook page
    last night that they are not playing on broad 2020. :(

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:28 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:13 am MAJESTICA can be ruled out, as they are playing Tokyo on the 12th. No way can you get from FLL on the 11th to there in time.

which also rules out...

SABATON as the singer for Majestica is Tommy Johansson, guitarist for Sabaton

AVATARIUM also won't be back in 2020 - dates in Sweden during the cruise dates
    If they played both sets before Cozumel then they could leave from there and make it in time. Not likely, but still I wouldn’t rule them out just yet.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      Amalu
      Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:34 am

Tiki108 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:28 am If they played both sets before Cozumel then they could leave from there and make it in time. Not likely, but still I wouldn’t rule them out just yet.
      I would. Not impossible but highly improbable and as we are basing this thread on very likely but not officially confirmed information, I would say that a gig in Tokyo the day after the cruise makes them a no go.
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Cardest wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:50 am Also, singer from the mighty FROZEN CROWN confirmed on her facebook page
      last night that they are not playing on broad 2020. :(
      *SAD* :(
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
      CaughtInAWeb
      Oiler

by CaughtInAWeb » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:36 am

I spoke yesterday with Amorphis in Ottawa - they all said definitely not this year.
      2016: 8231
      2017: 9263
      2018: 9323
      2019: 2313
      Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:19 am

CaughtInAWeb wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:36 am I spoke yesterday with Amorphis in Ottawa - they all said definitely not this year.
      Ahh..shame!
      Woulda been great to have them and Anneke on broad.

Go Sens Go!
      NOISE!!!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
      CaughtInAWeb
      Oiler

by CaughtInAWeb » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:45 am

Cardest wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:19 am
      CaughtInAWeb wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:36 am I spoke yesterday with Amorphis in Ottawa - they all said definitely not this year.
      Ahh..shame!

Go Sens Go!
      NOISE!!!
      No way, Go Habs Go! haha
      2016: 8231
      2017: 9263
      2018: 9323
      2019: 2313
      Ethrivas
      Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:42 am

so sad :(
      Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
      2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
      2023: Skip year
      Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:03 pm

CaughtInAWeb wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:45 am
      Cardest wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:19 am
      Ahh..shame!

Go Sens Go!
      NOISE!!!
      No way, Go Habs Go! haha
      he he Montreal Canadiens!
      Sorta my other team.
      But I'm an Aussie and I crave hockey but without the hate for teams that others have, I suppose.
      Bring back Quebec Nordique already!
      And band news and booking codes! Grr

cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:58 pm

I'm calling it that European bands on the "Hell and Heaven" Mexico lineup are unlikely for 70K.

Doubt that they would fly over, do 70K, fly home again, then fly back barely 2 months later. And they couldn't sustain staying touring the americas between 70K and Hell and Heaven.

So - UNLIKELY:

Powerwolf
      Jinjer
      Amon Amarth
      Katatonia
      Loudness
      Rhapsody
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:05 pm

They were possibly ruled out due to them being on MORC in Feb, but PRETTY MAIDS would almost definitely be ruled out for 70k now as it was just announced that their lead singer has lung cancer :(
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:01 pm

Rule out HEILUNG.

Gig in San Francisco night of the 11th.

Could technically get there in time but doubt they would risk it.
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
    • Godflesh
      Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:10 pm

FEAR FACTORY is reported inactive due to legal issues
      https://metalinjection.net/its-just-bu ... 1uiFJBmHOU
    • metalforever
      Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:59 pm

100 % of bands might be ruled out if something does not happen soon ! LOL !
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:30 pm

WORMROT just announced they are supporting OBITUARY on an Australian tour starting in Perth on January 15th.

That *is* 4 days after the ship gets back, but its a LOT of travel (as they are from Singapore) so I'd say they are OUT.
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
      Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:14 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:30 pm WORMROT just announced they are supporting OBITUARY on an Australian tour starting in Perth on January 15th.

That *is* 4 days after the ship gets back, but its a LOT of travel (as they are from Singapore) so I'd say they are OUT.
      Ah, Statsie, you and I both know how brutal it is to fly all that way from Florida back to Australia. It's soul crushingly a long way to go in 4 days after the cruise, IF they are playing. I doubt it now though.
      I have Wormrot records and I've never seen them live. I also heard that they were THE highlight of Maryland Death Fest a year or two ago, so live....they rip in!
      January - gonna be great to see Obitch and Wormrot together.

Heck yeah!

kramww
      Oiler

by kramww » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:05 pm

The following bands will be in Dallas, TX on January 11th:
      Carcass
      Vio-lence
      Razor
      Deafheaven
      Power Trip
    • Godflesh
      Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:11 pm

kramww wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:05 pm The following bands will be in Dallas, TX on January 11th:
      Carcass
      Vio-lence
      Razor
      Deafheaven
      Power Trip
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Two bands from the top 100 wishlist ruled out in one go.

OUCH.
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
    • Jotunheimr
      Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:54 am

Looks like Finntroll won’t be playing live any time soon.

2015: 6511
      2016: 7455
      2020: 3240
      2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
      Amalu
      Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:08 am

Well "last festival in a while" could still mean that they're going to play on the 70k SOON.

I wouldn't rule them out due to this post.
      ollyhills
      Crewman

by ollyhills » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:23 am

Why are bands from Hell & Heaven Fest ruled out?
    • Phoenix
      Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 am

ollyhills wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:23 am Why are bands from Hell & Heaven Fest ruled out?
      cowboy71 wrote: I'm calling it that European bands on the "Hell and Heaven" Mexico lineup are unlikely for 70K.

Doubt that they would fly over, do 70K, fly home again, then fly back barely 2 months later. And they couldn't sustain staying touring the americas between 70K and Hell and Heaven.

So - UNLIKELY:
      It's up there ^

Survivor:
      Out for 2023
      ollyhills
      Crewman

by ollyhills » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Phoenix wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 am
      ollyhills wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:23 am Why are bands from Hell & Heaven Fest ruled out?
      cowboy71 wrote: I'm calling it that European bands on the "Hell and Heaven" Mexico lineup are unlikely for 70K.

So - UNLIKELY:
      It's up there ^
      That’s fair
    • Jotunheimr
      Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Amalu wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:08 am Well "last festival in a while" could still mean that they're going to play on the 70k SOON.

I wouldn't rule them out due to this post.

The cruise is 3 months away. Why would they say “last festival in a while” if their next festival appearance is mere months away? Does “in a while” mean something different where you’re from?
      2015: 6511
      2016: 7455
      2020: 3240
      2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
      Ethrivas
      Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:47 am

"in a while", "soon"... those are vague words :beerwink:
      Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
      2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
      2023: Skip year
      Razor Ramon
      Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:13 am

Phoenix wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 am

So - UNLIKELY:
      It's up there ^
      Eh, I don't think that means a damn thing. Any band can certainly fly back over within two months, especially if they aren't paying for flights.
      70000 Tons 2019
      Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
      My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
      Amalu
      Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Ethrivas wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:47 am "in a while", "soon"... those are vague words :beerwink:
      Exactly. Doesn't mean much in terms of precise time frame. ;)
      taraimaro
      Oiler

by taraimaro » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:54 am

Insomnium can also be ruled out. They're playing at TalviHelvetti (Winter hell) event here in Tampere, Finland on Friday January 10th.
      Other bands playing there are: Machinae Supremacy (SWE), Fear Of Domination, Vorna, Lord of the Lost (GER) and Torchia.

https://tullikamari.net/en/events/talvi ... er-torchia
      2017 - survivor
      2018 - survivor
      2019 - survivor
      2020 - survivor
      2023 - survivor
      2024 - survivor
      2025 - I wanna go already!
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:48 am

Insomnium is a big "out". 8th on the combined wishlists. Quite a few requests for Lords of the Lost as well :(
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
      bodomdragon
      Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:29 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:48 am Insomnium is a big "out". 8th on the combined wishlists. Quite a few requests for Lords of the Lost as well :(
      FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. And double FUUUUUUUUUUCK because that also means Omnium Gatherum are most likely out.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
      Wishlist:
      Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
      Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    • Phoenix
      Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:22 am

bodomdragon wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:29 am
      cowboy71 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:48 am Insomnium is a big "out". 8th on the combined wishlists. Quite a few requests for Lords of the Lost as well :(
      FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. And double FUUUUUUUUUUCK because that also means Omnium Gatherum are most likely out.
      Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
      Yay, Insomnium Gatherum are out!

Survivor:
      Out for 2023
      bodomdragon
      Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:24 am

Phoenix wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:22 am
      bodomdragon wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:29 am
      Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
      Yay, Insomnium Gatherum are out!
      This is a serious hit on my already low motivation for next year's cruise. Let's see what bands are announced BEFORE sales open up, my final decision will entirely depend on that. I'm definitely not leaving it to UMC's improvisation after last edition's huge disappointment.
      Wishlist:
      Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
      Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    • Phoenix
      Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:43 am

bodomdragon wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:24 am This is a serious hit on my already low motivation for next year's cruise. Let's see what bands are announced BEFORE sales open up, my final decision will entirely depend on that. I'm definitely not leaving it to UMC's improvisation after last edition's huge disappointment.
      Oh, I definitely get it. Before I couldn't make it, my cruise friends here were trying to figure out what would get me on, and one of them was certain 70k would be getting both Insomnium and Omnium Gatherum (which I said might be tempting enough to make me book).

Survivor:
      Out for 2023
    • mjb7e
      Oiler

by mjb7e » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Add Æther Realm as ruled out. I asked if we'd be hearing about a trip to Mexico SOON. The response was they'd love to play on the ship and perhaps it could happen after their next album is released.