cowboy71
    Commander

2020 Set Length Speculation

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Never too early to start is it?

75 minutes ("Headliners")
    Devin Townsend (a guess, but surely?)
    Emperor
    Micheal Schenker Fest (Andy's post clearly says HEADLINER)

70 minutes (special set)
    Moonsorrow

60 minutes
    At The Gates (60 minutes previously)
    Candlemass (60 minutes in 2012)
    Epica (60 each time previous, might get a 70 minute set for Design Your Universe, but probably not)
    Exodus
    Finntroll (60 previously)
    Grave Digger (Always 60)
    Haggard (60 each time previous)
    Ihsahn (wild guess)
    Soilwork
    Venom (reckon they should only get 60)
    Wintersun

45 minutes
    Aborted (got 45 minutes in 2018 but maybe the special sets will bump them to 60?)
    Aeternam
    Aether Realm
    Archon Angel
    Atheist (45 in 2012)
    Axxis (got 45 in 2017)
    Bloodbound
    Brujeria
    Carach Angren (45 previously)
    Cattle Decapitation (45 previously)
    Cruachan
    Dark Matter
    Edenbridge
    Einherjer (45 each time previous)
    Ereb Altor
    Firstbourne
    Flotsam and Jetsam (45 previously)
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Havok
    Incantation
    Kampfar (45 minutes on Barge)
    Kissin' Dynamite
    Leaves Eyes (45 each time previous)
    Moonsorrow (45 previously so guessing one 45 minute, one 70 minute)
    No Raza
    Novembers Doom
    Omnium Gatherum (45 in 2017)
    Once Human
    Origin (45 minutes in 2015)
    Orphaned Land (45 previously in 2017, 60s previously so they may get more)
    Possessed
    Ross the Boss (MAYBE 60?)
    Seven Witches
    Soen
    Sortilege (no idea - probably 45 minutes)
    Spoil Engine
    Stam1na (45 minutes in 2017)
    Striker
    Suffocation (45 previously)
    The Agonist
    The Faceless
    Toxik
    Trollfest (45 previously)
    Vio-lence
    Whiplash
    Wilderun
    Without Waves
    Zero Theorem
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 39 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

Re: 2020 Set Length Speculation

by Danny24601 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:09 pm

I'm really curious what Emperor will end up playing, because they only really have 4 albums, and they rarely play too much off their last 2 albums. They've been playing Anthems live in it's entirety a lot recently, and they have played Nightside Eclipse in it's entirety in the past. What do we think the odds are they will play each record completely while on board? I have a hard time thinking of how they will fill two 75-min sets otherwise, unless they just repeat the same set twice or develop a sudden affinity for playing IX and Prometheus material live.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:09 pm I'm really curious what Emperor will end up playing, because they only really have 4 albums, and they rarely play too much off their last 2 albums. They've been playing Anthems live in it's entirety a lot recently, and they have played Nightside Eclipse in it's entirety in the past. What do we think the odds are they will play each record completely while on board? I have a hard time thinking of how they will fill two 75-min sets otherwise, unless they just repeat the same set twice or develop a sudden affinity for playing IX and Prometheus material live.
    The announcement post sort of seems to suggest it will be 2 Anthems sets, unless I’m reading into it too much.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • fishski
    Oiler

by fishski » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:43 pm

Not sure if numbers of Facebook fans are an accurate representation, but I see that Emperor has 148,000 fans, while Epica has over 2 million. Is there something I'm missing that would lead to Emperor being a headliner?
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:49 pm

fishski wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:43 pm Not sure if numbers of Facebook fans are an accurate representation, but I see that Emperor has 148,000 fans, while Epica has over 2 million. Is there something I'm missing that would lead to Emperor being a headliner?
    Their influential role in the development of black metal, and the billings they tend to get at other metal festivals. Their relative inactivity over the past decade+ probably explains their low number of online fans, but also makes their rare live appearances more headliner-worthy.

Also, first band announced is always a headliner, so they're for sure getting 75 min.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:24 am

Downvod wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:47 pm
    Danny24601 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:09 pm I'm really curious what Emperor will end up playing, because they only really have 4 albums, and they rarely play too much off their last 2 albums. They've been playing Anthems live in it's entirety a lot recently, and they have played Nightside Eclipse in it's entirety in the past. What do we think the odds are they will play each record completely while on board? I have a hard time thinking of how they will fill two 75-min sets otherwise, unless they just repeat the same set twice or develop a sudden affinity for playing IX and Prometheus material live.
    The announcement post sort of seems to suggest it will be 2 Anthems sets, unless I’m reading into it too much.
    I must be reading it differently since I don't see that. I don't think any band has done a special album set twice. It's always been only 1 time with a more traditional touring set the other time.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:43 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:49 pm
    fishski wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:43 pm Not sure if numbers of Facebook fans are an accurate representation, but I see that Emperor has 148,000 fans, while Epica has over 2 million. Is there something I'm missing that would lead to Emperor being a headliner?
    Their influential role in the development of black metal, and the billings they tend to get at other metal festivals. Their relative inactivity over the past decade+ probably explains their low number of online fans, but also makes their rare live appearances more headliner-worthy.

Also, first band announced is always a headliner, so they're for sure getting 75 min.
    Yep, this in a nutshell.

Make no mistake, Emperor is a BIG name. I have one friend who immediately contacted me wanting to book with me as a first-timer as soon as they were announced, and another friend who will be sending an application in to work stage-crew...he made the decision to commit as soon as Emperor was announced.

As for me, they are a bucket-list band. I was aboard Carnival Magic when they were announced and our favorite "adopted" bartender noticed right away how happy I'd gotten. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:48 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:24 am
    I must be reading it differently since I don't see that. I don't think any band has done a special album set twice. It's always been only 1 time with a more traditional touring set the other time.
    RIght, bands don't normally do album sets twice. But in Emperor's case, their "traditional touring set" right now includes Anthems in it's entirety, hence the question of whether they will play it twice, or what will happen. Should be some interesting sets, anyhow.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:01 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:48 pm
    RIght, bands don't normally do album sets twice. But in Emperor's case, their "traditional touring set" right now includes Anthems in it's entirety, hence the question of whether they will play it twice, or what will happen. Should be some interesting sets, anyhow.
    If we get an Anthems and Nightside set I'd be more than happy.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:01 pm

Rage played a full album set twice this year.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:08 pm

Your eyes and ears will rejoice at the magnificent sights and sounds of ‘aphotic anthems twice’ on board 70000tons OF METAL;

‘Anthems twice’ is what I was speaking of. Again, I might be reading into it too much, but as far as I’m aware, Emperor hasn’t done anything but an Anthems set since 2014.

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:10 pm

Downvod wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:08 pm

Your eyes and ears will rejoice at the magnificent sights and sounds of ‘aphotic anthems twice’ on board 70000tons OF METAL;

‘Anthems twice’ is what I was speaking of. Again, I might be reading into it too much, but as far as I’m aware, Emperor hasn’t done anything but an Anthems set since 2014.
    We'd better get some Nightside Eclipse action, darnit! :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:23 pm

Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:38 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:58 pm Never too early to start is it?

75 minutes ("Headliners")
    Emperor

60 minutes
    Candlemass (60 minutes in 2012)
    Epica (60 each time previous)
    Haggard (60 each time previous)

45 minutes
    Einherjer (45 each time previous)
    Leaves Eyes (45 each time previous)
    Origin (45 minutes in 2015)
    So, out of interest. Let's presume that these set lenghts are correct. So have 3x 45Min, 3x 60Min and 1x 75Min.
    How is this for the first 7 bands compared to the other years? It looks pretty standard to me, am I right?
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:21 am

Is it possible that Candlemass could be a headliner this time around ?
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:44 am

Epica's star is waning, isn't it? Their North American tour with Fleshgod Apocalypse tanked pretty hard, according to my friend who knows a lot of the local promoters in various cities (lots of people lost money). I'm sure they'll probably still get 60 minutes, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they got downgraded to 45. Though they were announced second, so what do I know?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:17 am

acidbasement wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:44 am Epica's star is waning, isn't it? Their North American tour with Fleshgod Apocalypse tanked pretty hard, according to my friend who knows a lot of the local promoters in various cities (lots of people lost money). I'm sure they'll probably still get 60 minutes, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they got downgraded to 45. Though they were announced second, so what do I know?
    Sad to hear about the tour, but I'd be stunned if they got 45. If anything, I could see them getting 75, at least from what I see online they have a big fanbase. Their previous NA tour before the one with Fleshgod had Eluveitie booked as support, and apparently Eluveitie is worth 75 now, so it is hard to see them getting 45, but who knows!
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:44 pm

Moonsorrow is getting 70 minutes to play 'Verisakeet' but this doesn't necessarily give them headliner status.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:49 pm

70 minutes seems more of a extended 60 minutes slot to me.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:04 pm

I think you’re right. I’m so thrilled about this announcement, I don’t give a damn what ‘status’ Andy gives them.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:13 pm

Given that they had 45 last time, do we think they'll have a 45 and a 70? Or a 70 and a 60, or two 70 min?
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:25 pm

My guess is they will play a 70-minute set and then a 45-minute set but I would be only too happy to watch another 60 minutes of Moonsorrow any day.
    2025:

• Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:33 pm

70mn for 5 songs!
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:15 pm

Venom was a headliner in 2015. 75 minutes for them?
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:58 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:58 pm
    60 minutes
    Epica (60 each time previous, might get a 70 minute set for Design Your Universe)
    I doubt they'll get an extended set, they've been pretty clear that this tour set is focused on DYU, but won't involve them playing the album in it's entirety.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:14 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:58 pm
    60 minutes
    Epica (60 each time previous, might get a 70 minute set for Design Your Universe)
    I doubt they'll get an extended set, they've been pretty clear that this tour set is focused on DYU, but won't involve them playing the album in it's entirety.
    Ahh - good to know! Will modify accordingly :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:57 pm

acidbasement wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:44 am Epica's star is waning, isn't it? Their North American tour with Fleshgod Apocalypse tanked pretty hard, according to my friend who knows a lot of the local promoters in various cities (lots of people lost money). I'm sure they'll probably still get 60 minutes, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they got downgraded to 45. Though they were announced second, so what do I know?
    Epica did a tour with FGA?

That's a really odd combination.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:13 pm

The Design Your Universe album is almost 75 minutes long.... :cool:
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Gratch wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:57 pm
    Epica did a tour with FGA?

That's a really odd combination.
    Is it? They're both heavily symphonic/operatic, and Epica has a fairly strong death metal influence. To me, it was a pretty strong lineup, that mix of bands which have a sense of continuity with each other without feeling like you're watching the same band over and over again.

Now the other two bands on the tour were Arkona (blackened folk) and The Agonist (proggy metalcore), that was the really weird part. Still worked out well though.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:08 pm

I’m fairly certain that Epica will only get an hour for the special set. It doesn’t really make much of a difference. Their music all sounds the same, more or less. This same thing happened with Max and Igor last year. The Roots album is about 75 minutes long but they were given only an hour to play.
    2025:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:12 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:58 pm
    60 minutes
    They could just cut Kingdom of Heaven and play it on the second set. Note to Epica: Play Kingdom of Heaven.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:30 pm

There’s zero chance SORTILÈGE gets 60mn, IMO.
    Even in their heyday, they were a fairly small band.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:34 pm

Andy said:
    EPICA will perform two sets, one of which will be based around their landmark 2009 album, "Design Your Universe"!
    If they would play the entire album, he would have said so, like for MOONSORROW.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:50 pm

Kampfar added. 45 minutes on barge so probably same here.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:16 pm

Any guesses for how long Devin's sets will be? My guess is 60 minutes based on his placement on posters for other metal fests. And Venom? They got 90 minutes in 2012 and 75 minutes in 2015. Does that mean they'll get an hour this time around?
    2025:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:16 pm Any guesses for how long Devin's sets will be? My guess is 60 minutes based on his placement on posters for other metal fests. And Venom? They got 90 minutes in 2012 and 75 minutes in 2015. Does that mean they'll get an hour this time around?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Devvy is up there for 75, and Venom gets bumped down to 60.

But damn, with the quality of announcements so far who knows?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:54 pm
    Jotunheimr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:16 pm Any guesses for how long Devin's sets will be? My guess is 60 minutes based on his placement on posters for other metal fests. And Venom? They got 90 minutes in 2012 and 75 minutes in 2015. Does that mean they'll get an hour this time around?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Devvy is up there for 75, and Venom gets bumped down to 60.

But damn, with the quality of announcements so far who knows?
    I'm thinking Devy will get two 60-minute sets, but I sure wouldn't mind two 75-minute sets, or a 75 and a 60, nosirreee......
    Especially if he's fitting in some SYL material along with his solo stuff.
    --And if he is...wouldn't it be nifty if he brought Gene Hoglan along to handle the drums?
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:40 pm

He’s headlining Bloodstock at equal footing with JUDAS PRIEST and BEHEMOTH (one night each), so I’d say 75mn too.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:53 am

Godflesh wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:40 pm He’s headlining Bloodstock at equal footing with JUDAS PRIEST and BEHEMOTH (one night each), so I’d say 75mn too.
    Keep in mind that only 14 bands have been confirmed to play Bloodstock. Not that DT isn’t worthy of a headline spot, but there are plenty of bands to be announced including more big names.
    2025:

• Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:56 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:53 am
    Godflesh wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:40 pm He’s headlining Bloodstock at equal footing with JUDAS PRIEST and BEHEMOTH (one night each), so I’d say 75mn too.
    Keep in mind that only 14 bands have been confirmed to play Bloodstock. Not that DT isn’t worthy of a headline spot, but there are plenty of bands to be announced including more big names.
    Not sure what the amount of bands so far announced on Bloodstock has to do with it. Fact is, that festival typically has some big names as headliners... usually bands that are too big for 70k. If Dev is a headliner there, he is very likely to be one on the boat.

Post Reply 109 posts