The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: ALL STAR JAM 2020 Setlist Revealed

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:04 am

Better Merchandise Situation
    Announcing bands in a timely manner
    And....
    Pool Boys #1=Wishlist item ? :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink:
    70,000 Tons of Globohomo :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:43 pm

I don't want to speak too much on this, but I've heard talk of the Pool Boys and honestly I think they're a smart move. Equal opportunity ogling, that's all I've ever wanted. Well done, Skip.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:25 pm

It's just cowboy71 wearing nothing but a spread sheet.
    Phoenix wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:43 pm I don't want to speak too much on this, but I've heard talk of the Pool Boys and honestly I think they're a smart move. Equal opportunity ogling, that's all I've ever wanted. Well done, Skip.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:04 pm

mbob wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:25 pm It's just cowboy71 wearing nothing but a spread sheet.
    Phoenix wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:43 pm I don't want to speak too much on this, but I've heard talk of the Pool Boys and honestly I think they're a smart move. Equal opportunity ogling, that's all I've ever wanted. Well done, Skip.
    You Excel at this kind of joke.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm

The statistical probability of the occurrence of the aforementioned is zero :p

Also want to say that everything has been running so well on broad.

merch was smooth as, poolstage on time, all venues on time.

Good job skipper and crew!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:27 am

So we have a destination (Jamaica) but no confirmed dates or ship.

Will definitely not say no to 2021, but will definitely need a bucketlist band announced before booking opens.

Not my fave 70K, but had some of my fave moments out of any 70k though :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:48 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:27 am So we have a destination (Jamaica) but no confirmed dates or ship.

Will definitely not say no to 2021, but will definitely need a bucketlist band announced before booking opens.

Was great hanging out with you at Archon Angel, Kampfar, and Ereb Altor!
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:36 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:27 am So we have a destination (Jamaica) but no confirmed dates or ship.
    70k needs to consider a 6 day 5 night cruise,the bigger ships only have a few 4 day slots in their long term schedule.And this year was a great example,they could have done it a few other times but I think this was the only 4 night slot they could have taken.Also with people coming days in advance;I can’t see how costs would be an issue for most cruisers.Plus you now have a core base of “cruisers “ so they would probably like it.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:48 am

Was great hanging out with you at Archon Angel, Kampfar, and Ereb Altor!
    Right back at ya!!! Was awesome :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    JamieS
    Crewman

by JamieS » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:23 pm

To toss out some idle speculation, Independence doesn't have bookable cruises Jan 16-Feb 4, so back to the Indy late Jan or early Feb?

src: https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Inde ... e-Seas-531
    4x Survivor: 2017-2020
    2021: Can we get the date?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:49 pm

JamieS wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:23 pm To toss out some idle speculation, Independence doesn't have bookable cruises Jan 16-Feb 4, so back to the Indy late Jan or early Feb?

Superbowl is the 7th of February though and Indy has a booking already for Feb 4 to Feb 8 which would be a "return to normal".
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:55 pm

JamieS wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:23 pm To toss out some idle speculation, Independence doesn't have bookable cruises Jan 16-Feb 4, so back to the Indy late Jan or early Feb?

That doesn’t matter,when 70k switched to the bigger ship in 2015 ;it was already taking passengers for the 70k date.Those people got their cruise cancelled and a credit ($200?) for a future cruise.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:17 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:55 pm

That doesn’t matter,when 70k switched to the bigger ship in 2015 ;it was already taking passengers for the 70k date.Those people got their cruise cancelled and a credit ($200?) for a future cruise.
    Ah yes right you are!

Guess we will know the answer SOON :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Would need confirmation from the 70K crew, but if my figures are right it looks like for the first time, we had cruisers from Bermuda and Taiwan sailing with us :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:00 pm

Certainly a highlight was Simone of Epica handing your son that last Epica cruise shirt!
    She is all class.
    And what a blinding set that was!
    I wish I had that much energy the band had. The hops, the leaps, the keyboardist has to be the most entertaining keyboard player I think I've ever seen!
    I mean Pierre Pierre from Pseudo Echo was great.... ha ha
    But man........that show!
    That cruise was my first one back in 5 years.
    Not sure about 2021.
    I was there for Exodus on the pool deck. That was madness.
    Maniacs on the pool deck in that gail force wind like no one cared.
    Now I'm in Naples, Florida. Mixed emotions.
    But I had a blast!

Great to finally meet ya in person too mate.Cheers

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Yeah Simone giving him that shirt was an all-70ks highlight for me. unforgettable.

Hope someone got pics or video of it!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Well, this was a nice Round X. Lineup was as good as any of the previous years, with lots of great options. Had a blast with friends. Cozumel was kinda meh and disappointing imo
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:28 pm

cegr80 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 pm Well, this was a nice Round X. Lineup was as good as any of the previous years, with lots of great options. Had a blast with friends. Cozumel was kinda meh and disappointing imo
    Sorry to hear that mate!
    In Cozumel, our group went to Chankanaab for a most excellent swim/scuba/snorkel and food.
    Saw Speed of Soilwork there.
    The markets however, was a drag.
    Took me a while to find the right Mayan style blankets and masks.
    Bugger all tequila, as far as I could see.

Jamaica (imo) is a bit of a let down for destination 2021.
    I really miss Turks the most.
    Zero interest in Cayman Islands again too.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:47 pm

Is anyone actually doing this for the destination? I usually just step off the boat so I can walk around for a bit. I admit that Cozumel was the worst of my four trips but it didn't make me care that much.
  • Dick
    Oiler

by Dick » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 pm

Anyone have a recording, or transcript, of Andy's closing speech?
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:46 am

Dick wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 pm Anyone have a recording, or transcript, of Andy's closing speech?
    Yes:
    “Jamaica, tenth anniversary.”
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:28 am

Dick wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 pm Anyone have a recording, or transcript, of Andy's closing speech?
    I have a recording that i recorded with messenger on my phone that i am trying to get so that i can publish....stay tuned! gotta sort this out as it isn't apparently straightforward.
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:38 am

I have a recording but I was on deck 12, so all you can hear is wind. He gave some speech about the idea/wheels in motion started 12 years ago and lots of people laughed and didn't believe him, but some did. Basically the key points I came away with were, 71 countries represented, next year is the 10th anniversary and it's going to somewhere in Jamaica, sometime.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:21 pm

DarkMacek wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:47 pmIs anyone actually doing this for the destination?
    For a cruise as expensive as this one, I always care about the destination. What I really like doing is exploring new places, in that sense I have to admit Cozumel was fine because we had the freedom to explore, unlike Labadee where you are confined to that private beach (worst place so far). In Cozumel I managed to drive around the island but I was expecting more from its beaches. Grand Turk was absolutely amazing, I wouldn't mind going there every year unless there is a similar place in the Caribbean.
    Last edited by cegr80 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:23 pm

Cardest wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:28 pmJamaica (imo) is a bit of a let down for destination 2021.
    Is it worse than Labedee? I hear a lot of negative opinions about Jamaica
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:48 pm

cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:23 pm
    Cardest wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:28 pmJamaica (imo) is a bit of a let down for destination 2021.
    can it be worst than Cozumel , to me it seemed like the worst destination this time of the three times I have gone on the cruise !
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Thank You, Survivors!

by Andy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:48 pm

Survivors!

We hope you enjoyed your time on broad 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 - The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Our team of dedicated staff is honored to have delivered a World Class festival experience to you once again. We truly feel rewarded by seeing the smiles on everyone's faces on broad as they watched their favorite Artists perform.

Now it's our turn to soak in a Hot Tub for some well deserved rest and relaxation before we begin our meticulous planning for the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL.

Safe travels, everyone, and we wish to see you again next year!

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Thank You, Survivors!

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:05 pm

Thank you skipper and team. Once again delivered a world class experience.

One or two minor issues on broad, but overall on broad experience quite possibly the best ever!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:09 am

Agreed, everything went smoothly **once onbroad** (except for the winds), one of the best years.
    70K is like somebody I know: lots of drama beforehand, but once you get inside, it’s all good :bitch:
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:27 am

Lots of fun. I can’t wait for the next one. Where are the band announcements?!
    :bitch:
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:01 am

Loved this thing. I knew it'd be awesome once I got on the ship and it blew my expectations out of the water. I plan on returning every year. Maybe next year my wife and I will talk to more people and introduce ourselves.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:44 am

I wonder where this hot tub party was...
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:38 pm

One request skipper - PLEASE try and return us to our 'usual' time of year of end January / early February.

Even with the superbowl in Miami, I could currently get a return flight to FLL in a few weeks for $1,100.

Cost me $1.5k each JUST to get to LAX this round due to it being peak holiday period :O
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:23 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:38 pm One request skipper - PLEASE try and return us to our 'usual' time of year of end January / early February.

Even with the superbowl in Miami, I could currently get a return flight to FLL in a few weeks for $1,100.

Cost me $1.5k each JUST to get to LAX this round due to it being peak holiday period :O
    I second this! Even though I don't have to deal with flights, I'm planning to go to Australia early-mid January and I'd like to not have to worry about any conflicts.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
    • Phoenix
      Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:25 pm

What I wish for is earlier booking than this year, no matter what the date is.

Survivor:
      Out for 2023
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:09 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:25 pm What I wish for is earlier booking than this year, no matter what the date is.
      AGREED!

Not toooo early mind. Returning to early July booking like we've had previously would be ideal for me (and probably most Aussie cruisers!) as our financial year ends June 30 so if we submit our tax returns on time we get our refunds back early July :) Perfect for paying 70K deposits with!
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
      cholernik
      Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:15 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:09 pm
      Phoenix wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:25 pm What I wish for is earlier booking than this year, no matter what the date is.
      AGREED!

Not toooo early mind. Returning to early July booking like we've had previously would be ideal for me (and probably most Aussie cruisers!) as our financial year ends June 30 so if we submit our tax returns on time we get our refunds back early July :) Perfect for paying 70K deposits with!
      I can't wait to file my taxes this year, I'm like ned flanders "January 1st, better get going on those taxes, Neddie"

Andy did mention something about the late start for 2019 but I couldn't hear because of the god damn wind. I'm thinking this year was a fluke and we'll be back to "normal" this year.
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Post #1000, yeah!
      Razor Ramon
      Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 pm

cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:23 pm
      I'll take Labadee any time over Jamaica. Jamaica is the absolute worst, especially Falmouth. Not sure whats so great about Turks, I thought it sucked. I've pretty much gotten off the boat and got right back on every time. I probably won't bother at all in Jamaica next year.
      70000 Tons 2019
      Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
      My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
      Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:54 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 pmI'll take Labadee any time over Jamaica. Jamaica is the absolute worst, especially Falmouth. Not sure whats so great about Turks, I thought it sucked. I've pretty much gotten off the boat and got right back on every time.
      YOU TAKE THAT BACK! Grand Turk is one of my favorite places in the world! :D
      --Well, okay, it's not for everyone, but I've really enjoyed snorkeling and freediving right in front of the ship by the beach. Not many places you can freedive down to 40 feet that close to shore. (Even deeper if you go past the line, but I didn't try for more than 40.)
      I probably won't bother at all in Jamaica next year.
      Jamaica is a shithole. Assuming it's Falmouth and not Ocho Rios, I won't bother either. The only thing Falmouth got for me was an, ahem, "tobacco" pipe...Gollum from LOTR (but he's happy, so it's actually Sméagol), with the pipe sticking out of his skinny back. Yep, pretty weird. Not sure why he was so happy; seems like having a pipe stuck through your back would be kinda painful. Couldn't resist getting THAT. :lol:

If it's Ocho Rios (not likely since Royal built the port of Falmouth for ships like the Indy), then I'll get off and pay my respects to the Bob Marley statue. If it's Montego Bay (not likely) I'll get off and check it out; it'd be a new port for me. If it's Falmouth, it's sleep and water-slide time onbroad.

If the Skipper has a change of heart and takes us to CocoCay, then FUCK yeah. We've earned it.
      2025 Wishlist:
      1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
      2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
      2025: most likely
    Post Reply 2037 posts