Post Reply 34 posts Page 1 of 1
Special show suggestions for the 10th Anniversary
    cowboy71
    Commander

Special show suggestions for the 10th Anniversary

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:01 pm

Know of a big album celebrating a special anniversary in 2021?

How about a band that you would love to see reunite to play 2021?

Post your ideas here!

And lets try and keep it within the realms of possible please, so no suggestions for a Led Zepplin Reunion or similar :P
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Special show suggestions for the 10th Anniversary

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 pm

I'll start:

- CRIPPER reunion!
    - Avantasia. I mean if they can come to Australia and do 2 shows for a thousand-ish people at each, they can do boat
    - Pumpkins United
    - Blind Guardian - Twist In the Myth 15th Anniversary set (not necessarily my fave but only album of theirs celebrating an anniv)
    - Sabaton - Coat of Arms 10th Anniversary set (came out in 2010 - near enough)
    - Within Temptation - 20th Anniversary of Mother Earth (2000 - near enough)
    - Iced Earth - take your pick! 2021 will be the 30th Anniversary Night of the Stormrider, 25th Anniversary The Dark Saga, 20th Anniversary Horror Show, 10th Anniversary of Dystopia
    - Running Wild - 30th Anniversary Blazon Stone
    - Sonata Arctica - 20th Anniversary of Silence
    - Ensiferum - 20th Anniversary of their self-titled debut
    - Gamma Ray - 30th Anniversary of Sigh No More
    - Kamelot - 20th Anniversary of Karma
    - Edguy - 20th Anniversary of Mandrake
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:21 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 pm - Blind Guardian - Twist In the Myth 15th Anniversary set (not necessarily my fave but only album of theirs celebrating an anniv)
    It's never THAT accurate, anyway. Call it 20th anniversary of Night at the Opera and sell all of the tickets instantly.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:58 pm

Fulorian wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:21 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 pm - Blind Guardian - Twist In the Myth 15th Anniversary set (not necessarily my fave but only album of theirs celebrating an anniv)
    It's never THAT accurate, anyway. Call it 20th anniversary of Night at the Opera and sell all of the tickets instantly.
    Would definitely be down for that too!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:44 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 pm - Running Wild - 30th Anniversary Blazon Stone
    - Edguy - 20th Anniversary of Mandrake
    oh, yes!
    RW doing Blazone Stone and Black Hand Inn sets would be awesome.

Looking at my favs, they all have quite a lot anniversary matches.

Kalmah: 20y Swamplord / 15y The Black Waltz
    Insomnium: 20y In the Halls of Awaiting / 15y Above the Weeping World / 10y One for Sorrow / 5 Winter's Gate
    Eternal Tears Of Sorrow: 20y a virgin and a whore / 15y Before the Bleeding Sun
    Rage: 35y Reign of Fear (Debut) / 25y Lingua Mortis & End of All Days / (29y Trapped (only 3.3% away from 30y anniversary); or I'll wait
    for 2022 and Refuge doing it with the original LineUp)

...and none of them were on board this year so they are all possible

Reunion (even only for two shows):
    Imperanon
    Norther
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020 / 2024
  • whuhnerJunk
    Oiler

by whuhnerJunk » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:32 am

Since Jon and Hansi have said they aren't doing any Demons and Wizards shows for a few years to focus on Blind Guardian and Iced Earth. If we get BG and IE, we can still have a special D&W show similar to Wintersun this year.

Demons & Wizards - Only shows of 2021 and live premier of III

Sonata Arctica - Return to classics or 20th Anniversary of Silence (but that's my fav album of theirs so I'm biased)

Heavatar, Exit Eden, Grailknights - First North American shows

Any bands that haven't been on since 2011 could be billed as "Return to Round 1"
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:49 pm

A few that i'd like to see:
    Amon Amarth: With Oden on Our Side's 15 years or Surtur Rising's 10 years
    Therion 20 years of Secret of the Runes or 25 years of Theli (one of, if not THE, first metal album i bought so that would be pretty special !)
    Amorphis: 25 years of Elegy (see my comment above re Theli, i don't remember which of these two was the first one i bought)
    Moonspell: 25 years of Irreligious (another one of the first cds I bought)
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Bloodbath doing a set with Mikael Åkerfeldt, Peter Tagtgren & Nick Holmes all rotating on vocals.
    Katatonia, Paradise Lost, Opeth & Hypocrisy are all in the top requests at the moment. Book them all & you are only missing 1 member of Bloodbath. I'm not sure if they have ever done a show where they used more than 1 vocalist.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:49 pm Bloodbath doing a set with Mikael Åkerfeldt, Peter Tagtgren & Nick Holmes all rotating on vocals.
    Katatonia, Paradise Lost, Opeth & Hypocrisy are all in the top requests at the moment. Book them all & you are only missing 1 member of Bloodbath. I'm not sure if they have ever done a show where they used more than 1 vocalist.
    I like the way your thinking , great idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shred:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:56 pm

3 Inches of Blood

And/Or

Forbidden

reunion show!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:21 pm

- Dimmu Borgir playing Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia (20-year anniversary)
    - Stratovarius playing Episode (25-year anniversary)
    - Moonspell playing Irreligious (25-year anniversary)
    - Arcturus playing Aspera Hiems Symfonia (25-year anniversary)
    - Entombed playing Clandestine (30-year anniversary)
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:25 pm

I have lots of ideas but I'll only throw the craziest of them all:

Lost Horizon reunion.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Zed3 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:49 pm A few that i'd like to see:
    Amon Amarth: With Oden on Our Side's 15 years or Surtur Rising's 10 years
    Therion 20 years of Secret of the Runes or 25 years of Theli (one of, if not THE, first metal album i bought so that would be pretty special !)
    Amorphis: 25 years of Elegy (see my comment above re Theli, i don't remember which of these two was the first one i bought)
    Moonspell: 25 years of Irreligious (another one of the first cds I bought)
    Any one of these would be great, especially Therion. They simply don't get to this side of the Atlantic unless some crazy-ass people wave a wad of money at them for all the expenses.*

Bloodbath and Dimmu Borgir are also great ideas.

If Andy reads only one sub-thread on the Forum...well, he probably should read the "Wishlists" thread. But if he read TWO, he should read THIS one. :lol:

----
    * crazy people like me
    Last edited by Pellaz on Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:47 pm

Another in the 'near enough' category.

MAGNUM's masterpiece "On A Storytellers Night" came out in 1985 making it 35 years old this year.

COME. ON. SKIPPER! GIMME MAGNUM FINALLY!!!!

Celebrating the release of their 21st album, nearing 50 years since they began...

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:16 am

how about abbath and immortal get booked and we get a special original immortal lineup set. I don't know if their original drummer would be up to it, so maybe a demonaz/abbath(on bass)/horgh lineup. Or abbath (on guitar) Apollyon (on bass) and horgh for a "classic lineup" set. Apollyon is in Aura Noir, I'm sure they'd be cool to see on the boat also.
    2020: Survivor
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:49 am

A 20th anniversary Empiricism set from Borknagar would make me consider going again.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:18 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:49 am A 20th anniversary Empiricism set from Borknagar would make me consider going again.
    Yes! Borky is way overdue
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • whuhnerJunk
    Oiler

by whuhnerJunk » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:47 pm Another in the 'near enough' category.

MAGNUM's masterpiece "On A Storytellers Night" came out in 1985 making it 35 years old this year.

COME. ON. SKIPPER! GIMME MAGNUM FINALLY!!!!

Celebrating the release of their 21st album, nearing 50 years since they began...

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
    Us youngin's need a chance to see them live and something tells me Bob would be a blast on the boat.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:06 pm

Anacrusis and Cripper reunions
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:48 pm

I would love to see the CAVALERAs play a full NAILBOMB show like they did in 2017, but SOULFLY was on the boat last year.
    Perhaps they could come as CAVALERA CONSPIRACY?
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:49 am

Godflesh wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:48 pm I would love to see the CAVALERAs play a full NAILBOMB show like they did in 2017, but SOULFLY was on the boat last year.
    Perhaps they could come as CAVALERA CONSPIRACY?
    They did. They did one set as Soul Fly and for the second as CAVALERA CONSPIRACY and played a 'Roots' set.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:41 am

The Freedom Call album 'Crystal Empire' was released on the 22nd January 2001 :cheers:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:49 am A 20th anniversary Empiricism set from Borknagar would make me consider going again.
    Seeing as it's one of my favorite albums from them, I'd probably consider going again for that, too.*

--
    * well, I'd probably come again regardless, but maybe Andy doesn't read tiny footnotes like this. :D

2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:12 am

Since Nevermore played the first 70k edition, would be nice to have a Warrel Dane Tribute event, maybe with Jeff Loomis, dont know
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • whuhnerJunk
    Oiler

by whuhnerJunk » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:37 pm

Mr.Kito wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:12 am Since Nevermore played the first 70k edition, would be nice to have a Warrel Dane Tribute event, maybe with Jeff Loomis, dont know
    I would love to have Loomis on board again. Hopefully without his current band, even if you don't buy in to the negativity surrounding it, others do and I personally don't want to have to deal with that drama.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:59 pm

whuhnerJunk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:37 pm
    Mr.Kito wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:12 am Since Nevermore played the first 70k edition, would be nice to have a Warrel Dane Tribute event, maybe with Jeff Loomis, dont know
    I would love to have Loomis on board again. Hopefully without his current band, even if you don't buy in to the negativity surrounding it, others do and I personally don't want to have to deal with that drama.
    He's a nice guy, too.
    Didn't know there was THAT much negativity surrounding Arch Enemy, though.
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:53 am

This: https://www.bargetohell.com/artists.htm

Dump all the folk, power and corset metal and bring back The Barge to Hell with Death/Black/Extreme metal. Go with a smaller ship so it sells out. That would be something I could get excited about. Just look at the lineup they had, it was spectacular.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:45 am

Blind Guardian doing Nightfall in Middle Earth. That would be insane.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:52 am

Bob wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:53 am This: https://www.bargetohell.com/artists.htm

Dump all the folk, power and corset metal and bring back The Barge to Hell with Death/Black/Extreme metal. Go with a smaller ship so it sells out. That would be something I could get excited about. Just look at the lineup they had, it was spectacular.
    You have a great suggestion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :death: :shred:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Bob wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:53 am This: https://www.bargetohell.com/artists.htm

How much smaller - a tug boat? Barge was on Majesty and it was barely 60% capacity.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:11 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:51 pm

How much smaller - a tug boat? Barge was on Majesty and it was barely 60% capacity.
    Well, Empress of the Seas is available...it's even smaller than dear old Majesty. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Why do they keep this website alive? Is there any chance for Barge To Hell to return?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:51 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Why do they keep this website alive? Is there any chance for Barge To Hell to return?
    8 years on and they still keep the website alive. It is indeed odd.

I think Andy wants to try it again - but at the moment he is struggling to run one cruise smoothly. Don't think his .... "current operating model" would sustain two!! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:51 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:37 pm

8 years on and they still keep the website alive. It is indeed odd.

I think Andy wants to try it again - but at the moment he is struggling to run one cruise smoothly. Don't think his .... "current operating model" would sustain two!! :P
    Lord knows THAT's true!
    2025 Wishlist:
Post Reply 34 posts Page 1 of 1