Post Reply 244 posts
MARYLAND DEATHFEST X - May 24-27, 2012
  • KevinP
    Commander

Re: MARYLAND DEATHFEST X - May 24-27, 2012

by KevinP » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Remember it's "Hoodie Menace" :lol:

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:44 pm

KevinP wrote:Remember it's "Hoodie Menace" :lol:
    With ***** look alike for a vocalist!
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Bentz! wrote:
    With ***** look alike for a vocalist!

Yeah, only shorter, hehe :lol:

Hooded Menace needs to come onto 70K!!!

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:05 pm

More from your banner but I saw the pics of "Hoodie Menace" on MDF site wearing those stylish pull-overs. Their music may be good but damn did the Wal-mart in B-more make some $$$ off them. They can take a couple notes from Ghost in that regard. Speaking of Ghost, did anyone hear the "here comes the sun" cover, esh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8oFlXnnwKI
    APC did a great Beatles cover that made it more unique / dark by dumping it all in minors: "Imagine" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktv2C9vnRKU

I think a Merciful Fate cover is more up Ghost's alley.
    Perhaps
    "Nuns have no fun" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMXylcacGE
    "Evil" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6s89QWYjc
    "Curse of the Pharaohs"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC0jm-pdtVw Up the Metallica Melody.

Okay, back on topic, KevinP, you like triptykon? They are normally of a "black metal panada" background, haha. I recommended them to Kent. They to me capture more of that sludge , doom, darkness hooded menace go for.

Love this track of the recent EP. Shatter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRi25jZRFY

Cranking that shit in my car is like a sledge hammer to what little soul I have left. The drum mix on it is sick. Either way, you got my vote with them at MDF or 70k. Saw em' with 1349 and got me more into them /Celtic Frost.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:07 am

Yeah I hear the Beatles cover but could never get through it as I don't see the need to cover a Beatles song (generally speaking) as rather just listen to the original. Not a fan of cover versions usually, especially not live. I want to hear a bands original material.

Yes, like both Triptykon & Frost. Neither of them I consider anything to do with black metal. They are unique and just "Frost". :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:49 pm

It's now possible to announce that GODFLESH (UK) will be making an exclusive North American appearance at MDF 2012!

In addition, the following bands have been confirmed:

WINTER, TSJUDER (Norway), HORNA (Finland), SARGEIST (Finland), DISMA, LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER (Spain), and NASHGUL (Spain)
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Erik,

You have any plans to get to this next year? Lineup is already really good, and I'm suspecting it to get even better.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:15 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:With any luck I will be. I'm moving at the end of May, so it may be bad timing but I'm working on it. One thing at a time though... cruise takes priority. :beerwink:

Where are you moving to?
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Ah. I thought maybe you were escaping the hellish weather
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:53 pm

:D

I will eventually leave here, too. Just no idea to where yet
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:37 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I'd love to get out of Arizona. I've lived here four and a half years, after living 26 years in Michigan and I don't see myself here forever. San Diego, Las Vegas, or Florida are places I'm thinking about in the "5 year plan" but every place has a downside, and I'm fairly comfortable here. The heat doesn't bother me.
    :heavydrink:

So what is the Florida downside? Obviously, Donn, Brian and I are 3 huge +++ for the area.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:19 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Bugs, hurricanes, old people, and tourists. :beerwink:

Bugs are weirdly absent down here or at least in the Orlando area. All we get is the little lizards which are hamrless. But I've never seen or been bitten by a mosquito in 9 years.

Hurricanes, yeah hit or miss, but only an issue if you are on the coast.

The old people live down south OR in their own separate communities, so they are largely a non-entity.

Tourists you can't avoid in the theme park area, but you get used to it.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:47 am

Mentioned this once before, but I hated almost every minute I lived in Orlando. It seems like the city is 2/3 tourists at all times, and everyone is horrible. I had to fly people out to visit me, or fly somewhere else, so that I had decent people to hang out with. Towards the end of my year, I did meet the only cool person I met there.

Orlando may be a fun place to visit, but atrocious place to live.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:55 am

EvilDan wrote:Mentioned this once before, but I hated almost every minute I lived in Orlando. It seems like the city is 2/3 tourists at all times, and everyone is horrible. I had to fly people out to visit me, or fly somewhere else, so that I had decent people to hang out with. Towards the end of my year, I did meet the only cool person I met there.

Guess that depends on where you lived, etc, etc. I don't live in the theme park area, so don't really have an issue with tourists. Compared to NY, just about everyone is nice, relaxed and mellow.

We never had to fly people out, everyone comes to visit us. My parents and my father in law have both become "snow birds" since we moved here. Granted, Florida in general seems to have a lack of "character" and the landscape is kinda boring (no mountains or regular trees). I'm not married to the place. Wife wants to move to Charlotte or Raleigh, which I have no problem with. But the housing market is delaying that. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 am

EvilDan wrote:Mentioned this once before, but I hated almost every minute I lived in Orlando. It seems like the city is 2/3 tourists at all times, and everyone is horrible. I had to fly people out to visit me, or fly somewhere else, so that I had decent people to hang out with. Towards the end of my year, I did meet the only cool person I met there.

Sounds like Los Angeles
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:07 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote: The heat doesn't bother me.
    :heavydrink:

No shite ... you were wearing a sweatshirt hoodie for most of the cruise even when it was hot up front for a good band with people and their sweat surrounding you, I can't see you ever being hot, :lol:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:14 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:What? :lol: I've been told I look just like the singer for Despised Icon. :oops: And Keanu Reeves, and Jim Carrey, and Edward Norton in Fight Club. :roll: My driver's license picture looks just like Norton.
    Or were you referring to the fact that I wore a hoodie during most of the cruise because I'm from Phoenix and I was freezing my fuckin' ass off the whole time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, you strongly resembled the vocalist for Hooded Menace.... it wasn't necessarily a twin in his face but he had the black hoodie on, and his movements and mannerisms and the way he were JUST LIKE YOURS, and he was very thin. The only difference is he was probably only 5'7 or 5'8, and you are like 6'4 (or whatever you are). Dude he is like your shorter TWIN brother, seriously. He also did the black metal (picking an orange) thing with his hands a lot (JUST LIKE YOU).

His name is Oula Kerkelä.

sort of like this... (this is just a pic of Meshuggah but best one for the 'orange picking' metal mannerism that you and Oula do)
    Last edited by Ktulured55 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:15 am

Ktulured55 wrote: I can't see you ever being hot, :lol:

That's what most of the ladies tell him as well ;) :lol: :lol: ;)

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:37 am

AUTOPSY, NAPALM DEATH (UK), EYEHATEGOD, NOOTHGRUSH, RWAKE, DEVIATED INSTINCT (UK), COUGH, COKE BUST, INFERNAL STRONGHOLD, BACKSLIDER, CASTEVET

ImageImageImage
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:54 am

Awesome!

Now only if this festival was on a boat!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:01 am

Bentz! wrote:Awesome!

Too many crusties would muck it up :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Egokrusher
    Petty Officer

by Egokrusher » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:06 am

The crusties are fine, the oogles are not. Freeloaders with more of mommy and daddy's money than they would have us believe. Damn trust punks.

This line-up is shaping up to be the best yet. This year's was awesome, next year's looks to be damn near the best ever.
    "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - Epicurus

Cabin: 5571!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:44 am

KDibildox wrote::D

Please give us fair warning prior to this occurrence :P
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:07 am

KDibildox wrote::D

Denver is nice!!!!!!!! :D
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:09 am

....so your wife can get sick at it?
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:11 am

rhiawiz wrote:

She gets sick on land too. Granted it's usually when I'm around. I prefer to think of it as her being "love sick" :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:22 am

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

She gets sick on land too. Granted it's usually when I'm around. I prefer to think of it as her being "love sick" :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, you're probably right! :shock: hahah!

unfortunately the 2012 MDF lineup isn't grabbing us. i do not think we'll be able to swing it next year. we had fun but for $2500, nick and i need some bands we're really excited about, too.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:48 am

rhiawiz wrote:unfortunately the 2012 MDF lineup isn't grabbing us. i do not think we'll be able to swing it next year. we had fun but for $2500, nick and i need some bands we're really excited about, too.

For me it's already better than last year and I'm sure they still have a few surprises in store.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:08 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:unfortunately the 2012 MDF lineup isn't grabbing us. i do not think we'll be able to swing it next year. we had fun but for $2500, nick and i need some bands we're really excited about, too.

For me it's already better than last year and I'm sure they still have a few surprises in store.

Voivod and Coroner were THE draws for us last year, and there aren't bands i care that much about on this next line up. the line up is by no means bad, just no bands that are "must-sees" for us. nothing justifies the hefty price tag. wish we could go just to see everyone!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:27 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

Kevin, you're 0 - 2 when it comes to being around Meredith. If she gets sick on the cruise next year, I'm holding you at fault. You know, the whole 3 strikes rule. :mrgreen:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Bentz! wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

Kevin, you're 0 - 2 when it comes to being around Meredith. If she gets sick on the cruise next year, I'm holding you at fault. You know, the whole 3 strikes rule. :mrgreen:

Why am I not surprised that a female tends to get in the presence of Kevin? :mrgreen:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:30 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:
    KevinP wrote:She gets sick on land too. Granted it's usually when I'm around. I prefer to think of it as her being "love sick" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why am I not surprised that a female tends to get in the presence of Kevin? :mrgreen:

Poor Mer, she tried so very hard to be a good sport! i really hope she isn't overly "charmed" by Kevin a third time!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:36 pm

rhiawiz wrote:Poor Mer, she tried so very hard to be a good sport! i really hope she isn't overly "charmed" by Kevin a third time!

I just need to keep her distracted by windmills of hair! :shred:

Fortunately there is also no street meat onbroad.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Bentz! wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:Poor Mer, she tried so very hard to be a good sport! i really hope she isn't overly "charmed" by Kevin a third time!

I just need to keep her distracted by windmills of hair! :shred:

Fortunately there is also no street meat onbroad.

BEWARE THE STREET MEAT! :shock:
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Yeah, and I must say she does a great job at transforming to business woman to metal chick!!!! Hopefully she will be good to go on the boat in 2012!!!!!

Rhia,
    If you and Ryan and your significant others do not come to MDF next year, I may be left to watching over Kevin by myself :shock:

• ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:13 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:
    Rhia,
    If you and Ryan and your significant others do not come to MDF next year, I may be left to watching over Kevin by myself :shock:

I'll help. I'm making MDF this year come hell or high water -- that's the plan, anyway! The line up is absolutely amazing and I just can't miss another year! :cheers:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:31 pm

Carrie (Metal Goddess) and Kristi (Evehul Red) are talking about going. Would be great to get a large group of of together for a photo and dinner. :)
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:52 am

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:
    Rhia,

I'll help. I'm making MDF this year come hell or high water -- that's the plan, anyway! The line up is absolutely amazing and I just can't miss another year! :cheers:

See? You will be just fine! :-)
    Egokrusher
    Petty Officer

by Egokrusher » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Six more bands were added yesterday to the line up. This is shaping up to be an amazing festival. I'm definitely there.

ARTILLERY (Denmark)
    DØDHEIMSGARD (Norway)
    INTERMENT (Sweden)
    HELLBASTARD (UK)
    DESASTER (Germany)
    DEMONICAL (Sweden)

Demonical, Artillery, DHG, and Hellbastard. Hell yes.

Updated list of all bands:

MORBID ANGEL
    GODFLESH (UK)
    ELECTRIC WIZARD (UK)
    AUTOPSY
    NAPALM DEATH (UK)
    SAINT VITUS
    ANVIL (Canada)
    EYEHATEGOD
    SUFFOCATION
    ARTILLERY (Denmark)
    MORGOTH (Germany)
    CONFESSOR
    WINTER
    CHURCH OF MISERY (Japan)
    TSJUDER (Norway)
    DEMIGOD (Finland)
    UNSANE
    HORNA (Finland)
    SARGEIST (Finland)
    BETHLEHEM (Germany)
    DØDHEIMSGARD (Norway)
    INTERMENT (Sweden)
    DESASTER (Germany)
    NEGURA BUNGET (Romania)
    MACABRE
    HELLBASTARD (UK)
    NOOTHGRUSH
    GHOUL
    DEMONICAL (Sweden)
    THE DEVIL'S BLOOD (Netherlands)
    RWAKE
    HAEMORRHAGE (Spain)
    DEVIATED INSTINCT (UK)
    TODAY IS THE DAY
    DISMA
    OCTOBER 31
    ULCERATE (New Zealand)
    THE DAY EVERYTHING BECAME NOTHING (Australia)
    LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER (Spain)
    DRAGGED INTO SUNLIGHT (UK)
    COKE BUST
    AGENTS OF ABHORRENCE (Australia)
    NASHGUL (Spain)
    NAUSEA (California)
    COUGH
    BLOODY PHOENIX
    INFERNAL STRONGHOLD
    CASTEVET
    BACKSLIDER
    "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - Epicurus

Cabin: 5571!
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Is it me, or is that already more bands than last year? or about the same? How do we know when they're done? :shock:

Post Reply 244 posts