Post Reply 477 posts
The Power Metal Thread
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: The Power Metal Thread

by Zeh » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:08 am

cowboy71 wrote:Also, REALLY interested to see what the Symfonia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symfonia) album is going to come out like!!

Just listened to it. Looks good!
    Some songs remembers me a bit of Stratovarius and Sonata, but with Andre's voice.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:16 pm

Speaking of Freedom Call, just saw on Blabbermouth that they've got a live DVD coming soon - could be good!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=155855
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:48 pm

mooyagi wrote:Kevin, sometimes I get really frightened to think what may be on your hard drive, or at the very least, in your Google Search history.

Ravenlord wrote:I would report him again, but it seems pointless since nothing happened last time I did. :cry:
    Ktulured55 wrote:hahah plenty of Kevin on the Powermetal thread..... lol

I always liked Skeletor and Trapjaw. Bad-Ass!!
    sageoftruth wrote:
    Good idea. It's possible he's always hated powermetal because it keeps reminding him of his repressed He-Man fetish? Care to sit down with me, Kevin? :ugeek: Tell me about your past. What comes to mind when I show you this picture of a train entering a tunnel?

WHOA!!! ROFLMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:24 am

This seems to be a pretty popular thread! You power-metalers have probably worked up quite an appetite, so I thought I'd drop by with a snack for you:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:26 pm

If that was one of my unicorns you are so dead! :evil:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:30 pm

mooyagi wrote:If that was one of my unicorns you are so dead! :evil:

NOM NOM NOM!!! :twisted:

Are unicorns exempt from the need for "wildlife management"? *calls Ted Nugent for an opinon* :shock:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Trying to get a buddy of mine psyched to go see Evergrey et al in October and linked him some vids but can't find the Powerglove video I'm looking for. I remember months before the cruise someone linked a video of them that was super cheesy and they were standing on these big platforms outside a castle or something. Ring a bell for anyone?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Ah, I see Kevin has struck again in the Power Metal Thread. Kevin may indeed need some help concerning his closeted animation from say, Dr. Phil. :roll: :lol: :lol:

I personally have really enjoyed the Power Metal Posts. Before reading the suggestions and opinions about some of the power metal bands my progressive metal/music was severely limited to the Album Orientated Radio bands like Yes, Asia, King Crimson, ELP, Dream Theater, and Queensryche just to name a few as examples.
    Have really enjoyed my recent purchases of Dark Moors’ Autumnal and Vanden Plas’ Seraphic Clockwork which were mentioned on this thread, Thanks.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Ravenlord wrote:I would report him again, but it seems pointless since nothing happened last time I did. :cry:

Makes a good story at least. I tried sharing it with my sister, but she didn't know who He-man was. I tried with my roommate, but she didn't know what fan art is. I always thought those things were common knowledge. :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:18 pm

sageoftruth wrote:Good idea. It's possible he's always hated powermetal because it keeps reminding him of his repressed He-Man fetish? Care to sit down with me, Kevin?

I did have the HE MAN action figures as a kid, and so did my friends. Lots of time was spent with those things fighting and brawling it out. Thankfully I moved past it before anything "inappropriate" happened. So I don't have any juicy stories of Skeletor giving HE MAN a "Cleveland Steamer" or anything wild like that. Sorry to disappoint.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:18 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Trying to get a buddy of mine psyched to go see Evergrey et al in October and linked him some vids but can't find the Powerglove video I'm looking for. I remember months before the cruise someone linked a video of them that was super cheesy and they were standing on these big platforms outside a castle or something. Ring a bell for anyone?

I posted this one on FB. Not Powerglove but fits your description perfectly. :D Love this video!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7bFpMleO9Y
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:07 am

Goddess of Metal wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Trying to get a buddy of mine psyched to go see Evergrey et al in October and linked him some vids but can't find the Powerglove video I'm looking for. I remember months before the cruise someone linked a video of them that was super cheesy and they were standing on these big platforms outside a castle or something. Ring a bell for anyone?

I posted this one on FB. Not Powerglove but fits your description perfectly. :D Love this video!!!

You rock Margie! That's the exact video I was thinking of. Not sure why I thought it was Powerglove but thanks for straightening me out :beerwink:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:44 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:

You rock Margie! That's the exact video I was thinking of. Not sure why I thought it was Powerglove but thanks for straightening me out :beerwink:

No problem. I had a feeling it was. :D Cheesy as hell!!!
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:03 am

Goddess of Metal wrote:

This is a serious band, like Nanowar?
    -----------------
    Zeh
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:01 am

New Russian band maybe you will like...

http://www.myspace.com/salantina
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:16 am

Zeh wrote:
    Goddess of Metal wrote:

This is a serious band, like Nanowar?

Was that a typo or is there really a band called Nanowar? Sounds like the geek metal cousin of Manowar. If it wasn't a typo, I've got to check it out.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 am

Nope, they are a joke metal band from Italy. Here's a video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e90cFFHUhTA
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Nope, they are a joke metal band from Italy. Here's a video :

The funny thing is that they get more shows and tour more than Manowar :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:25 am

That went from stupid, to so stupid it's funny, back to it's too stupid for it to even be funny.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:31 am

Goddess of Metal wrote:

Wow, that was just...terrible :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:52 am

ImageImageImage
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:22 pm

KevinP wrote:ImageImageImage

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:03 am

Metalwrath wrote:

The funny thing is that they get more shows and tour more than Manowar :lol:

I can't help but wonder if this is what all power metal sounds like to Kevin.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:10 am

sageoftruth wrote:I can't help but wonder if this is what all power metal sounds like to Kevin.

Nah, there's varying degrees of fruity-ness :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:55 am

KevinP wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:I can't help but wonder if this is what all power metal sounds like to Kevin.

You should create a chart sometime. Perhaps you could even start a thread based on it. That would make for some good entertainment. We could even include all sub-genres. Perhaps we could have one of those outward-flowing charts with a characteristic in each corner, like the "fuity-ness" you mentioned... I'm still working on my metal mental encyclopedia, but if someone else wants to run with this, I'm game.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:00 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

You should create a chart sometime. Perhaps you could even start a thread based on it. That would make for some good entertainment. We could even include all sub-genres. Perhaps we could have one of those outward-flowing charts with a characteristic in each corner, like the "fuity-ness" you mentioned... I'm still working on my metal mental encyclopedia, but if someone else wants to run with this, I'm game.

This is actually a good and interesting idea. There'll be a lot of work involved to do it properly though. Ya better get started Kevin ;)
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:21 am

Ravenlord wrote:This is actually a good and interesting idea. There'll be a lot of work involved to do it properly though. Ya better get started Kevin ;)

Would actually be very easy. All roads lead to LAME Image
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:43 am

KevinP wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:This is actually a good and interesting idea. There'll be a lot of work involved to do it properly though. Ya better get started Kevin ;)

Note my use of the word "properly"... not a part of your vocabulary, eh?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:51 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Note my use of the word "properly"... not a part of your vocabulary, eh?

Give him a break, most death metal doesn't actually consist of words in any regular vocabulary, just low grunting noises designed to let out their anger and stupidity :D
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:10 am

Surprised death metal fans don't throw their feces at each other too...
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:22 am

Stained Class wrote:Give him a break, most death metal doesn't actually consist of words in any regular vocabulary, just low grunting noises designed to let out their anger and stupidity :D

Touche' :beerwink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:23 am

I've always had this mental image of these forums as dark caverns and Kevin is this troll that walks around with his knuckles dragging on the ground and when he see's any of us power metal fans he yells "POWER METAL DUMB" and slings his excrements at us. The only way to defend against that is to run away around a corner and continue minding our own business.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:25 am

Stained Class wrote:I've always had this mental image of these forums as dark caverns and Kevin is this troll that walks around with his knuckles dragging on the ground and when he see's any of us power metal fans he yells "POWER METAL DUMB" and slings his excrements at us. The only way to defend against that is to run away around a corner and continue minding our own business.

Soon we will perfect the Vegemite trap to be rid of him for good :twisted:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:40 am

Stained Class wrote:I've always had this mental image of these forums as dark caverns and Kevin is this troll that sits on his royal majestic throne and when he see's any of us power metal girlie men he laughs & points and slings shuttlecocks at us. The only way to defend against that is lift up our skirts to prevent tripping over them & run away to the nearest unicorn and continue crying saying "there's no place like the princess's wardrobe, there's no place like the princess's wardrobe"

Yet again we agree

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:20 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I've always had this mental image of these forums as dark caverns and Kevin is this troll that sits on his royal majestic throne and when he see's any of us power metal girlie men he laughs & points and slings shuttlecocks at us. The only way to defend against that is lift up our skirts to prevent tripping over them & run away to the nearest unicorn and continue crying saying "there's no place like the princess's wardrobe, there's no place like the princess's wardrobe"

Yet again we agree

Unicorns: Check
    Skirts/TuTu's: Check
    Girlie Men/Weenies: Check

Come on Kevin, give us something new!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:15 pm

KevinP wrote:

Yet again we agree

Bwahahaha!

Knuckle draggers are hot, DEATH METAL GOOD! Besides, who has time to fling shit at each other when are faces' are down, devouring the rotten, putrid flesh of a maggot-riddled corpse? Sheesh! Everybody knows that!
    I made the Devil do it.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Stained Class wrote:Unicorns: Check

You must be under some delusion that there is an infinite amount of jokes to be layed upon you. It is what it is. Just accept that fact and you'll feel better :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:16 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Unicorns: Check

You must be under some delusion that there is an infinite amount of jokes to be layed upon you. It is what it is. Just accept that fact and you'll feel better :mrgreen:

:lol: I just know that your capable of more and yet you keep holding out on us! Face it, you've been a total broken record lately. The more you accept that the less annoying you'll be ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Evil Red wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Yet again we agree

Bwahahaha!

Knuckle draggers are hot, DEATH METAL GOOD! Besides, who has time to fling shit at each other when are faces' are down, devouring the rotten, putrid flesh of a maggot-riddled corpse? Sheesh! Everybody knows that!

Wow...that was...morbid. Whatever floats your boat I guess eh?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:34 pm

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Post Reply 477 posts