Locked 376 posts
Cabin Confirmation!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Cabin Confirmation!

by Ravenlord » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:56 am

The deck layouts are available on the site : http://www.70000tons.com/deck.htm

Although if you are referring to the ones with forum peoples marked in... that sort of thing is time consuming.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:04 am

Ravenlord wrote:The deck layouts are available on the site : http://www.70000tons.com/deck.htm

Although if you are referring to the ones with forum peoples marked in... that sort of thing is time consuming.

it IS time consuming, and i'd say it's wasted time, because no one hangs out in the tiny rooms, nor do we even find people in their rooms most of the time.

everyone who can spend a few bucks on a hand held radio - doesn't matter what brand you buy, we'll just pick a channel on there and all set the radios to it, and find people that way if we want! this is best because you can have the radio on when you want to be found, and off when it's NAP TIME or whatever else.

i still remember how hard it was to find people on the cruise and how badly it impaired my social butterfly-ness....anyone who went to Maryland Deathfest can attest to the fact that I am normally way more outgoing. That cruise was overwhelming! plus it will be different this year since we have actually already met face to face rather than just online, will be much more comfortable, familiar, and easier. plus, nick *normally* talks and can stay up late, and at least KevinP, Bentz, Ktulured all know that now!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:15 am

I prefer to stumble around drunk and find people that way. Anyone I don't meet during the day I'll see at karaoke later that night (which is the only thing set in stone for me due to nothing clashing with it). It's not flawless I know, but it works for me. :beerwink:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:42 am

rhiawiz wrote:everyone who can spend a few bucks on a hand held radio - doesn't matter what brand you buy, we'll just pick a channel on there and all set the radios to it, and find people that way if we want! this is best because you can have the radio on when you want to be found, and off when it's NAP TIME or whatever else.

What minimum distance would you recommend? Also, is there any issue with those things if someone is outside and the person you are trying to reach is say 6 decks below on the other end of the ship in their cabin? I have no idea how strong the signal as I've never used them before.

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:04 am

cabin 3013... not that I plan on seein' much of it
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:56 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:everyone who can spend a few bucks on a hand held radio - doesn't matter what brand you buy, we'll just pick a channel on there and all set the radios to it, and find people that way if we want! this is best because you can have the radio on when you want to be found, and off when it's NAP TIME or whatever else.

What minimum distance would you recommend? Also, is there any issue with those things if someone is outside and the person you are trying to reach is say 6 decks below on the other end of the ship in their cabin? I have no idea how strong the signal as I've never used them before.

been reading cruise forums and most seem to recommend the Motorola Talkabouts and the 2nd most recommended ones are Cobra.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-TalkAbou ... =de_a_smtd

these get good reviews.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Found this: http://www.twowayradioforum.com/forum/f ... y.php?f=10

Is 22 channels enough? I see remarks that you will run into alot of interference while on cruise ships. I have no idea of the validity of these statements, but figured it was worth noting.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • eviljess
    Oiler

by eviljess » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:36 am

finally got through the whole moneybookers payment process, now my wife and i are booked for another fun filled cruise with all of our felow metal heads. being from the midsouth region of the united states this is the best and only way to see all the bands that dont tour here or we never get the chance to see. we are being turned on to all kinds of metal from around the globe. room # 6022. :shred:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:17 am

KevinP wrote:Found this: http://www.twowayradioforum.com/forum/f ... y.php?f=10

Is 22 channels enough? I see remarks that you will run into alot of interference while on cruise ships. I have no idea of the validity of these statements, but figured it was worth noting.

i literally saw NO one using them on the whole cruise last year. most europeans don't have them, either.
    slash1962
    Crewman

by slash1962 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 am

Two guys from Lower Saxony will be on the ship :shred:
    I got the confirmation two days ago. Payment procedure is ongoing. Looking forward to being on the cruise with you :cheers: Prost!
    We are on deck no. six (six, six) :beerhorns:
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    2012: Deck 6 - survived
    2013: skipped because of F:M:C
    2014: Deck 3
    Wishlist 2014: Arch Enemy, Hell, RAM, Graveyard, Hardcore Superstar, Opeth, Anvil, Pentagram, Steelwing,
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:03 pm

NOt a cabin confirmation... but a VISA CONFIRMATION, now it's for sure!! SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!!!!!!! :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Congrats!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:08 pm

pablov8 wrote:NOt a cabin confirmation... but a VISA CONFIRMATION, now it's for sure!! SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!!!!!!! :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

Good news!! :cheers:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:19 pm

1/2 way done paying for this bastard! LET'S DO THIS AIHADKVBSKJVKSJFVBSKJFVKSFVBSJKFBVKSJFRKJSFN
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:11 pm

pablov8 wrote:NOt a cabin confirmation... but a VISA CONFIRMATION, now it's for sure!! SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!!!!!!! :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

Nice! :headbanger: :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:16 pm

that's great!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
Locked 376 posts