Post Reply 269 posts
Not so metal bands you would like to see on broad
    Omegas66
    Oiler

Re: Not so metal bands you would like to see on broad

by Omegas66 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:15 am

Fatum11 wrote:
    Omegas66 wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote::lol: I think Marilyn Manson would get thrown overbroad, although I would like to meet him, he would be interesting to talk to.

I completely agree, but he is the reason why I got into rock meaning thats how I got into Metal... :shred:

Fair enough, I understand that, Evanescence was my gateway to Metal, I still love them even though Amy Lee annoys me :evil:

Indeed... I like Evanescence but you are completely correct about her being annoying haha. :shred:
    Mess with the BEST... Die like the REST...
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:24 am

KDibildox wrote:Image

Very nice work! Wish I had your skill. :cheers:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:14 am

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Image

Very nice work! Wish I had your skill. :cheers:

Likewise. I've been trying to learn to draw better, but I can't bring myself to finish my first draft of my first attempt. It's just so ugly.

Meanwhile, I'd like to see Journey step onbroad, mainly because I think it would be funny if some of the metal bands stepped up and joined them in their music. Of course, we'll probably get our share of that at the karaoke.
    shenanigansss
    Oiler

by shenanigansss » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:27 pm

I know it's not exactly everyone's cup of tea, but for some reason I would love to see Deadlock on here...... :oops:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Fatum11 wrote:
    Omegas66 wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote::lol: I think Marilyn Manson would get thrown overbroad, although I would like to meet him, he would be interesting to talk to.

I completely agree, but he is the reason why I got into rock meaning thats how I got into Metal... :shred:

Fair enough, I understand that, Evanescence was my gateway to Metal, I still love them even though Amy Lee annoys me :evil:

Why does she annoy you?

Thanks EvilDan and Sageoftruth
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:15 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:For a while I liked him so much that I drew him :lol: (not my best work, but it was 10 years ago)

That drawing is Amazing. You have any similar ones you can post.

I havent followed wrestling in years, its gotten stale and boring as can be. I am starting to take a liking to CM Punk. (Plus hes a local Chicagoan too).
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:19 pm

BehnWilson wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:For a while I liked him so much that I drew him :lol: (not my best work, but it was 10 years ago)

That drawing is Amazing. You have any similar ones you can post.

I havent followed wrestling in years, its gotten stale and boring as can be. I am starting to take a liking to CM Punk. (Plus hes a local Chicagoan too).

thanks! well I don't have any other wrestling ones, but I do have a bunch of drawings. I'd posted a couple in the heavy metal artwork thread :mrgreen:
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Michael Winslow doing his hard rock comedy ( its the guy from police academy )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wga1nLKVlRs

It would be bad ass to see him and Van Canto do a show together!

or some other hard rock/ heavy metal inspired comedian
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:22 pm

I wasnt referring to wrestling ones asking for others, but I will check out that thread, didnt even know it existed thanks.

(Im procrastinating at work again going online here, I should be gone for the day if Id apply myself for a little bit)
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:23 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:

Why does she annoy you?

Thanks EvilDan and Sageoftruth

She's got the whole diva thing going on. She lost my respect when she gave John and Rocky the boot, but un/fortunately their music is still good.... even though it takes FOREVER to release a new album which is extremely annoying :evil:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Hm..... why did she do that?

BehnWilson wrote:I wasnt referring to wrestling ones asking for others, but I will check out that thread, didnt even know it existed thanks.

(Im procrastinating at work again going online here, I should be gone for the day if Id apply myself for a little bit)

Ah, I see :D.
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:36 pm

KDibildox wrote:Hm..... why did she do that?

Not sure
    On May 4, 2007, LeCompt was fired from Evanescence by lead singer Amy Lee. Reasons for this are yet to be confirmed. He was replaced by Dark New Day guitarist Troy McLawhorn, who played with Evanescence on tour until December 2007.

I think John was fired and Rocky quit because of it... I can't remember, I'll have to look it up.
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Fatum11 wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Hm..... why did she do that?

No one knows
    On May 4, 2007, LeCompt was fired from Evanescence by lead singer Amy Lee. Reasons for this are yet to be confirmed. He was replaced by Dark New Day guitarist Troy McLawhorn, who played with Evanescence on tour until December 2007.

I think John was fired and Rocky quit because of it... I can't remember, I'll have to look it up.

Thanks for the info :mrgreen:
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:52 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:Long hair or short hair, Jericho is a good looking dude. I do admit.

He is :mrgreen: and I think it's cool that you say another guy is good looking. So many guys seem to never want to say something like that (dunno why, if I think a girl is pretty I say it, doesn't really mean anything) :mrgreen:

Exactly. Even if they are afraid to say it... guys can still tell when other guys look attractive, it's not like their blind or something. Guys can just be homophobic or try to be constantly macho but it's really a bunch of BS. Sorry if I offended most of the guys on here. Just sayin'... :roll:

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Fatum11 wrote:
    Omegas66 wrote:

Evanescence??? :lol: You are a relatively newbie metalhead... Makes me feel old, and I'm not even old!! :lol: :lol: I call them hard rock anyways.... what band did they lead you too???

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Fatum11 wrote:

She annoys me too, I can't tolerate her voice but she has pretty hair.
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Ktulured55 wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    Ktulured55 wrote:Long hair or short hair, Jericho is a good looking dude. I do admit.

He is :mrgreen: and I think it's cool that you say another guy is good looking. So many guys seem to never want to say something like that (dunno why, if I think a girl is pretty I say it, doesn't really mean anything) :mrgreen:

Exactly. Even if they are afraid to say it... guys can still tell when other guys look attractive, it's not like their blind or something. Guys can just be homophobic or try to be constantly macho but it's really a bunch of BS. Sorry if I offended most of the guys on here. Just sayin'... :roll:

+1
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:06 am

Ktulured55 wrote:Evanescence??? :lol: You are a relatively newbie metalhead... Makes me feel old, and I'm not even old!! :lol: :lol: I call them hard rock anyways.... what band did they lead you too???

:lol: yes, quite new, 2004 I found heavy metal.

They led me to Within Temptation, Leaves Eyes, Nightwish etc, then I listen to "Demon of the Fall" by Opeth and I was blown away, I didn't even realise people's voices could do that.

raspberry*tart wrote:She annoys me too, I can't tolerate her voice but she has pretty hair.

:lol: :lol:
    Her hair is awesome!
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:40 am

Fatum11 wrote:then I listen to "Demon of the Fall" by Opeth and I was blown away, I didn't even realise people's voices could do that.

...and so began the Mikael-loving :P
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:10 am

KDibildox wrote:thanks! well I don't have any other wrestling ones, but I do have a bunch of drawings. I'd posted a couple in the heavy metal artwork thread :mrgreen:

Cool. Gotta check it out.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:57 am

Ktulured55 wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

*like* :heavydrink:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:48 pm

I would make sure he was thrown overbroad
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Faith no More is all I can think of right now.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:05 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:Michael Winslow doing his hard rock comedy ( its the guy from police academy )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wga1nLKVlRs

It would be bad ass to see him and Van Canto do a show together!

or some other hard rock/ heavy metal inspired comedian

Steve Hughes!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0lVbMOMTi0
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:58 am

DAIKAIJU :headbanger:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 am

Metalwrath wrote:

Now that is where we would battle my dear irish man, NO ONE would harm Manson if he made his way onto the ship :twisted: :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:43 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

Now that is where we would battle my dear irish man, NO ONE would harm Manson if he made his way onto the ship :twisted: :headbanger:

Challenge accepted ;)
    Although before i throw him off the boat i'd ask him how much Morbid Angel paid him to write their new album.
    Last edited by Metalwrath on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:09 pm

BierVulf wrote:DAIKAIJU :headbanger:

:cheers:
  • vaderite666
    Petty Officer

by vaderite666 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm

Eisbrecher, Forthcoming Fire, Die Krupps, Unheilig, Peragon, Von Thronstahl, Funker Vogt- and pretty much any German industrial band is good in my book!
    In Extremo/Saltatio Mortis/Old Man's Child/Cathedral/Thrudvangar/Thulcandra/Iron Fire/Hyberia/Catamenia/Eisbrecher/Varg/Forefather/Nomans Land/Accept/Angel Witch/Ghost/Burning Saviors/Electric Wizard/Hollenthon/Kalmah/Power Wolf/Black Pyramid/Running Wild
  • Post Reply 269 posts