Post Reply 133 posts
Metalfest 2012
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Metalfest 2012

by Memnoch » Wed May 16, 2012 1:30 am

Metalfest Croatia posted on their facebook yesterday that there'd be an announcement today and that the running order would be online yesterday, but now it seems they've deleted the post and there isn't any running order online yet. I guess they're going the UMC way with this and we'll get the running order once in Zadar. :lol:
    A bit over two weeks to go. Yay! :givebeer:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed May 16, 2012 3:34 am

They released the running order today:
    http://www.hr.metalfest.eu/ro.html?lang=en
    Wishlist:
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed May 16, 2012 5:57 am

You should have chosen for the one in Germany as well, then you would have had the running order weeks ago already ;)
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Wed May 16, 2012 7:15 am

Memnoch wrote:They released the running order today:
    http://www.hr.metalfest.eu/ro.html?lang=en

Too bad Septicflesh only gets 30 minutes but I always get the hype going when running orders are published. Can't wait :shred:
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri May 25, 2012 3:40 am

:deathhorns: Eight days until we leave for Croatia. :deathhorns:
    Wishlist:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Sat May 26, 2012 8:58 pm

AAAHHHHH so excited!!! This time next week we'll be there!!! :D :D I thought they had posted they were announcing another band, but I don't see that anymore :?
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat May 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Daenerys wrote:AAAHHHHH so excited!!! This time next week we'll be there!!! :D :D I thought they had posted they were announcing another band, but I don't see that anymore :?

I'm still jealous
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed May 30, 2012 3:39 am

The running order on the Metalfest site is crap, so I made a, thought of saying better, but let's go with different, version. I uploaded it to my Google Docs/Drive and here's the link:
    Running order for Metalfest Croatia.
    Wishlist:
  • yerkungfuisweak
    Wiper

by yerkungfuisweak » Thu May 31, 2012 6:41 am

Nice! I wish I frequented this forum since the beginning. I was searching online in hope of a better looking running order and here it is! Thanks man! My girlfirend and I are getting ready to head to the airport here to fly out of here pretty soon. Supposed to make it to Zadar around 3pm Friday. Half a days worth of flying and a 4 hour layover in Amsterdam. We're staying at the hotel there by the festival grounds. Hope to meet you guys there. :cheers: I'll be wearin' my 70k shirt Sunday.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:43 am

Glad to be of help. :beerwink:

Here's an updated version:
    Metalfest Croatia running order
    Wishlist:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:49 am

So heard some things about the Croatia Metalfest.Wasp and Dark Tranquility cancelled.Apparently the Wasp cancelation was somethign to do with Blackie and Dave Mustaine.Apparently then when Megadeth starting playing they got all kinds of stuff thrown at them and the show was stopped really early cause Dave got hit by a rock.
    I guess a lesson learnt.Don't piss off Wasp fans :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:16 am

I'd have been fairly irked by the DT cancellation... fuck Dave Mustaine
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:20 am

Metalwrath wrote:Dave got hit by a rock.

:party: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fuck you, Mustaine
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Off to Loreley in a couple of hours! :party:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Metalwrath wrote:So heard some things about the Croatia Metalfest.Wasp and Dark Tranquility cancelled.Apparently the Wasp cancelation was somethign to do with Blackie and Dave Mustaine.Apparently then when Megadeth starting playing they got all kinds of stuff thrown at them and the show was stopped really early cause Dave got hit by a rock.
    I guess a lesson learnt.Don't piss off Wasp fans :lol:

Yea we skipped Megadeth to chill at this one cafe/bar down the street from our hotel. We heard about announcement changes but decided to skip Megadeth anyways haha. We heard about Mustaine ending the show earlier from Laura, Fredrick, and Ville on our way back to the festival. Death Angel fucking killed it for their set, so as far as im concerned they headlined the festival.

I would have liked to see Mustaine get hit in the head with a rock but oh well.
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:59 am

Enjoyed it! Nice festival, beautiful location. Got quite a cold now due to the bad weather on Thursday evenbing, but enjoyed it anyway. The pinnacle was Blind Guardian, Fear Factory rather disappointing this time.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Back at work after the awesome trip to Croatia.

The festival was really nice and everything worked really well; no wonder though as it's the same people that run Metalcamp. The beer was mucho cheapo (15 kunas or 2 euros for ~0,45 liters), food was great (especially the chicken burgers that they run out of on Tuesday) and cost around 4 euros. I heard there was about 3500 people there so not your biggest festival. Of course, the Dave Mustaine incident was total bullshit - both from Megadeth demanding that no other band can play on the second stage at the same time as they're on the main stage, and the people throwing rocks at them because of a rumor. Well, karma's a bitch, so Dave probably got what he deserved.
    The country itself and the city of Zadar were awesome. I really fell in love with Croatia and Croatians. Ah, yes, the Krka and Plitvice natural parks, they were awesome.

So, the best random memories: pivo, Lora&Darija&Na Po Ure, Budget Vodka, polar bears and the weird Australian black swans used as weapons, steaks at Rafaelo, ninja waiters, food, the apartment, secret agents and last but definitely not least, the awesome friends.

Živjeli and sköl! Until next year and the Burning sun Festival in Zadar.
    Wishlist:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 am

Memnoch wrote:Živjeli and sköl! Until next year and the Burning sun Festival in Zadar.

I know Živjeli means cheers in Croatian, but I never did learn how to say it :lol: Metalfest was awesome for our first European festival! It was exactly what we were looking for, exotic location with tourist-y opportunities, inexpensive and not too crowded. We're already waiting for next year's festivals to be announced so we can plan another trip :mrgreen:

Highlights:

--- Getting to see our fellow 70K forumites :D
    --- Watching Wolfgang run around in all his 70K promoting glory, 70K t-shirt underneath his 70K black button-down :lol:
    --- Most of the bands were staying at our hotel, so we routinely bumped into them (primarily Death Angel, Symphony X, Septic Flesh, Moonspell and Grand Magus). It was like being on the boat again! We also spent 15 minutes or so chatting with Symphony X's stage manager at a bar, who as it turned out also managed the Spectrum Lounge for 70K the first year and the pool deck the second year. We did our best to pry some 70K 2013 info out of him, but he wouldn't give us any details (although he did say he is quite sure 70K will not be going to the Bahamas as well)
    --- The beautiful scenery and history of Zadar
    --- Meeting 2 other American couples at the festival, both of whom had also been on the boat (but not on the forum)
    --- Grand Magus had a great set. I had listened to some of their stuff beforehand from Brian, and they sounded awesome live. Highly recommend checking them out, would love to see them get booked for 70K
    --- Watching Death Angel just totally kill it the last night of the festival. They played The Ultraviolence in its entirety and were at 200% in terms of energy and performance.

Bummers:

--- Air Berlin lost our fucking luggage. We had no luggage for FOUR DAYS in Croatia.
    --- Dark Tranquility cancelling due to "technical problems". What bummed us out even more was seeing them in the dining room of the hotel right after we found out they had to cancel.
    --- Getting raped by the Euro, even with the exchange rate being low. $700 USD became $480 USD :cry:
    --- Catching a cold halfway through the trip, which is still gracing me with its presence
    --- Not paying to select our seats before the flight and having to sit in seats 2 and 3 in a row of 4 on a trans-atlantic flight. In retrospect, this was a VERY bad idea and would have been totally worth the extra $20 bucks.

Overall a great festival, we were so happy we didn't start with something like Wacken. Pics of Zadar to come... SOON!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:43 am

Glad you guys had fun!
    Any Canadians there?

Seat Selection is the ONLY way to go, aisle seat please! Plus, I never sleep on a plane, so it's easy for people to get by me to go to the washroom.

Can't wait to see pics!

:cheers:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:05 am

Aisle seats for me too. Especially because I drink so much (not just booze) that I always have to pee and hate climbing over sleeping people. If you're gonna sleep, don't sit in the aisle.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Wish I could've gone there too.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:38 am

I've been laughing/crying over the pics Fredrik just posted on facebook. Damn, it was one hell of a trip. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Daenerys wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Živjeli and sköl!

I know Živjeli means cheers in Croatian, but I never did learn how to say it

http://www.forvo.com/word/%C5%BEivjeli/#hr :beerwink: Živjeli!
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Yup, it was a really awesome vacation: nice place, nice people, awesome food, cheap drinks and awesome company :)
    I enjoyed the festival, even if I must admit that I never really got into the festival mood. A thing that was a real bummer was that it was almost impossible to find a place where to sit down and chill and talk to people, so every time we wanted a break, we had to leave the festival site. This way we missed quite a few bands that I had planned to see. But this was the only thing that I didn't like :)
    I would definitely consider going back next year if the lineup is decent :)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Memnoch wrote:I've been laughing/crying over the pics Fredrik just posted on facebook. Damn, it was one hell of a trip. :beerwink:

The banana one is my favourite :lol:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

MadameLePink wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I've been laughing/crying over the pics Fredrik just posted on facebook. Damn, it was one hell of a trip. :beerwink:

The banana one is my favourite :lol:

That was pretty epic. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Daenerys wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Živjeli and sköl! Until next year and the Burning sun Festival in Zadar.

I know Živjeli means cheers in Croatian, but I never did learn how to say it :lol: Metalfest was awesome for our first European festival! It was exactly what we were looking for, exotic location with tourist-y opportunities, inexpensive and not too crowded. We're already waiting for next year's festivals to be announced so we can plan another trip :mrgreen:

Highlights:

--- Getting to see our fellow 70K forumites :D
    --- Watching Wolfgang run around in all his 70K promoting glory, 70K t-shirt underneath his 70K black button-down :lol:
    --- Most of the bands were staying at our hotel, so we routinely bumped into them (primarily Death Angel, Symphony X, Septic Flesh, Moonspell and Grand Magus). It was like being on the boat again! We also spent 15 minutes or so chatting with Symphony X's stage manager at a bar, who as it turned out also managed the Spectrum Lounge for 70K the first year and the pool deck the second year. We did our best to pry some 70K 2013 info out of him, but he wouldn't give us any details (although he did say he is quite sure 70K will not be going to the Bahamas as well)
    --- The beautiful scenery and history of Zadar
    --- Meeting 2 other American couples at the festival, both of whom had also been on the boat (but not on the forum)
    --- Grand Magus had a great set. I had listened to some of their stuff beforehand from Brian, and they sounded awesome live. Highly recommend checking them out, would love to see them get booked for 70K
    --- Watching Death Angel just totally kill it the last night of the festival. They played The Ultraviolence in its entirety and were at 200% in terms of energy and performance.

Bummers:

--- Air Berlin lost our fucking luggage. We had no luggage for FOUR DAYS in Croatia.
    --- Dark Tranquility cancelling due to "technical problems". What bummed us out even more was seeing them in the dining room of the hotel right after we found out they had to cancel.
    --- Getting raped by the Euro, even with the exchange rate being low. $700 USD became $480 USD :cry:
    --- Catching a cold halfway through the trip, which is still gracing me with its presence
    --- Not paying to select our seats before the flight and having to sit in seats 2 and 3 in a row of 4 on a trans-atlantic flight. In retrospect, this was a VERY bad idea and would have been totally worth the extra $20 bucks.

Overall a great festival, we were so happy we didn't start with something like Wacken. Pics of Zadar to come... SOON!

major bummer on losing your luggage... I hope nothing too important was lost.
    Also sucks about Dark Tranquillity... "technical problems"

but, I bet the overall awesome is still worthy of jealousy!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:58 pm

mooyagi wrote:Aisle seats for me too. Especially because I drink so much (not just booze) that I always have to pee and hate climbing over sleeping people. If you're gonna sleep, don't sit in the aisle.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Wish I could've gone there too.

I'll take the window. Then I can sleep the whole flight without people climbing over me :cool:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 am

I have to admit some of those made me laugh as well, especially the banana one indeed :D
    A friend of mine put some Metalfest pics on Facebook as well, most of them just just contain me in very drunk state :P
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 am

Daenerys wrote:I know Živjeli means cheers in Croatian, but I never did learn how to say it :lol:

Zheev-ye-lee

As for Mustain-Blackie incident, they never met. Megadeth demanded to play earlier, some band was cut short for Megadeth's soundcheck, DT cancelled because they had problems with tour bus and didn't make it on time, WASP cancelled because some of their equipment got washed during Metalfest Austria downpour. The new equipment couldn't get to the band and to the stage because Megadeth equipment truck was blocking the way. Yes, Dave demanded that the band on second stage has to stop playing. No, he did not get hit by a rock, although a lot of plastic beer holders, cones and some pebbles were thrown on the stage.

As for cancelling second stage band and cutting short another band's set for your own soundcheck - I guess Dave forgot how it was when he started. Silly primadonas and their crazy quircks.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:05 am

NuuX wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:I know Živjeli means cheers in Croatian, but I never did learn how to say it :lol:

Zheev-ye-lee

As for Mustain-Blackie incident, they never met. Megadeth demanded to play earlier, some band was cut short for Megadeth's soundcheck, DT cancelled because they had problems with tour bus and didn't make it on time, WASP cancelled because some of their equipment got washed during Metalfest Austria downpour. The new equipment couldn't get to the band and to the stage because Megadeth equipment truck was blocking the way. Yes, Dave demanded that the band on second stage has to stop playing. No, he did not get hit by a rock, although a lot of plastic beer holders, cones and some pebbles were thrown on the stage.

As for cancelling second stage band and cutting short another band's set for your own soundcheck - I guess Dave forgot how it was when he started. Silly primadonas and their crazy quircks.

I was pretty sure that the Mustaine-Blackie thing was only a rumor. I guess it's easy to believe that Dave would do something like that, so it was very easy to spread that rumor :mrgreen:
    There was a big group of people shouting "We want WASP", showing their finger and booing while Megadeth played and I guess Dave got fed up at some point and the rock thing was just an excuse.
    Btw I really think the behaviour of those people was appalling. I can understand they were upset because of the missed WASP gig, but they ruined it for those who actually wanted to see Megadeth and made the atmosphere really tense. We were staying just beside them and we decided to go to the back after a few songs because I was sure it would end up in a fight.

I wonder if this incident is the reason why this festival has now changed name and won't be a part of the Metalfest circuit next year.

Beer and bananas!
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:56 pm

I went to Lorely for 1 day.
    It was fun, but I'm glad I wasn't there the entire festival :P
    www.metal-exposure.com
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:00 am

MadameLePink wrote:I wonder if this incident is the reason why this festival has now changed name and won't be a part of the Metalfest circuit next year.

No, the local organizer stopped working with Metalfest organizers, that's why they changed festival name for next year.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Pictures!

The beautiful Adriatic. The festival was on a peninsula, across the water was the main city of Zadar.

From high-up in the incredible medieval city of Sibenik

Krka National Park

They had the most beautiful dragonflies there! I love dragonflies :D
    Pretty mating dragonflies for all you creepers :lol:

While we were in Munich after the festival, we hiked for 3 miles up a super steep, unpaved mountainside in the rain and 50 degree weather to get to the Andechs Abbey and Monastery. Because they had beer. Awesome, delicious beer. Yes, it was worth it :beerwink: :D

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Woohoo! Dragonfly porn! :wank:

Seriously looks like quite the amazing trip. I'm very jealous of you guys for going.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Awesome pics! Weren't you guys at a metal fest tho???

LOL

Nice new profile pic

:cool:

Hey Brian, how's she goin'??

:beerbang: :beerbang:
    9 Time Vet.
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Really nice pic! Loved the sunset one especially :D
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Awesome pics! Weren't you guys at a metal fest tho???
    Nice new profile pic

:cool:

:lol: :lol: Jaimie we totally thought of you when we took that pic at the Hofbrauhaus, we thought about creeping on our liters like you are in your avatar :lol: Unfortunately the only pics I have of Metalfest itself besides the festival grounds are of Ensiferum, because my camera was in my luggage, which didn't arrive until the last fest day :cry: By the way, we didn't meet any Canadians, but I was asked several times if I was Canadian because of my 3 Inches of Blood shirt :D

Kate, you'd think living in Florida I'd get tired of sunsets - but I don't :mrgreen: The book I had picked up on Croatia said don't miss a sunset in Zadar, they were right :D

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:28 pm

[quote="Daenerys"]
    :lol: :lol: Jaimie we totally thought of you when we took that pic at the Hofbrauhaus, we thought about creeping on our liters like you are in your avatar :lol:

Creeping on your litres. :wank:
    :beerwink:

LOL

I always thought about that avatar pic like Dio overlooking a crystal ball ( Rock n Roll Children vid??? )

Notice that it's hal full... kept drinking before I got the shot... no one to take it for me.. :pound:
    9 Time Vet.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Daenerys wrote:Kate, you'd think living in Florida I'd get tired of sunsets - but I don't :mrgreen: The book I had picked up on Croatia said don't miss a sunset in Zadar, they were right :D

I love sunsets! Unfortunate we usually don't have clouds so sunsets aren't great but during monsoon season and in the fall we get great ones :D