Post Reply 53 posts
RIP Rob Cranny (Rab) :-(
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

RIP Rob Cranny (Rab) :-(

by Ecliptica » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:54 pm

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just received word that our dear friend Rab (Rob Cranny) passed away this morning after suffering a heart attack at age 27. Still don't have a lot of details, but I'll relay whatever I can find out.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
    Last edited by Ecliptica on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: RIP Rab :-(

by mooyagi » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Just got the text message from Bill. Fuck. That is so sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:56 pm

:cry:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: RIP Rob Cranny (Rab) :-(

by KDibildeaux » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:58 pm

That's so sad! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Oh wow....
    :(
    :shock: :cry:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:09 pm

mooyagi wrote:Just got the text message from Bill. Fuck. That is so sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

^

Same here. Damn that sucks, 70k better dedicate next year's belly flop contest to the two time reigning champion.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:15 pm

I really liked that big goofy butthead... I'm glad his last several days he seemed to be lovin' life, of course he mostly always seemed that way anyway, but at least he went out feelin' like a king... R.I.P. buddy
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 pm

I guess he went out full of life but I simply can't turn news like this into something uplifting. So sad :( I hope something great awaits him. He surely spread enough feel-good to deserve it.
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Fuck :(

Bellyflop contest wont be the same without Rab.

Hell the entire cruise will never be the same without Rab.

RIP brother.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:10 pm

RIP man.
    Cruise will never be the same without you.
    You were a true metal lover and it's because of metalheads like you i go to these kind of cruises.
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:13 pm

:cry: :cry: Ok I'm crying real tears right now.

I had an awesome time drinking and having fun with him at Wacken last year!
    And a funny reunion at 70.000 tons this year.
    He was an awesome dude, may he rest in peace.
    www.metal-exposure.com
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:32 pm

So incredibly sorry to hear this news :shock:

I believe we all bring something special to the world and Rab was definitely the poster boy for that sentiment. Shitty day for balls-to-the-wall uniqueness that's for sure :cry:

Take good care of you and yours my metal kin
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:So incredibly sorry to hear this news :shock:

I believe we all bring something special to the world and Rab was definitely the poster boy for that sentiment. Shitty day for balls-to-the-wall uniqueness that's for sure :cry:

"balls-to-the-wall uniqueness" - so right, Rob! I was thinking the same thing exactly - he and Biervulf Duane - 2 of the most colorful characters (and I mean that in the best possible way) I've ever encountered in my life. So incredibly sad they are *both* gone now. Don't know what else to say... :(
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Rab performing "Leviathan" with Alestorm onbroad the cruise... he loved this!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0SH_3E7UNU
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Laura wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:So incredibly sorry to hear this news :shock:

"balls-to-the-wall uniqueness" - so right, Rob! I was thinking the same thing exactly - he and Biervulf Duane - 2 of the most colorful characters (and I mean that in the best possible way) I've ever encountered in my life. So incredibly sad they are *both* gone now. Don't know what else to say... :(

Glad I got to meet and say hi and/or share a few laughs over a beer before they left this world. It's kinda weird because I was inspired today at the gym after having a really rough week at work to post something profound on facebook something along the lines of "don't ever let anyone in this world take your light away" i.e. People that try to bring you down to their level. He had a lot of "light" or life in him and made everyone smile that he met. RIP you will be missed whether you knew him for 5 minutes or 5 years.
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:02 pm

So sad, hurts to hear it.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:41 pm

I met him briefly on the ship and for the few minutes I spoke to him you really got to know his passion was metal. He was living his dream on the cruise and all the other metal inspired endeavors he took part in. It was crazy being on Facebook today and seeing all these bands I love paying tribute to him. The guy touched a lot of people and it's always painful to see a brother in metal pass. This shot of whiskey is in honor of him.

RIP
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:55 am

Rab's last post here on the forum:

Rab wrote:Yesterday i I totally yelled at a kid selling chocolate bars outside of metro. When he asked me would you like to buy a chocolate bar i replied " OH I SEE YOUR ASKING ME CAUSE IM FAT THATS BULLSHIT" the kid was freaking out then i told him i only was fucking with him and bought some choclate it gave me a good laugh

Bit of a tear in my eye, but a smile on my face too - great embodiment of who he was don't you think? Real joker, but a heart of gold.

I'll be raising a drink in your honour tonite brother.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:28 am

Never had the chance to talk with him, but saw him alot of times. To sad another brother in the line of metal passes away from us.
    Rest in peace, from what I know you where a true legend. Condolences from Sweden.
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:19 am

Sad to hear this, even though I never met him personally. He certainly seemed one of the most colourful persons in our midst. Rest in peace brother...
    Skwizgar
    Petty Officer

by Skwizgar » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:30 am

I heard about this on Facebook. Sad. I have awesome pictures of his mighty 2012 bellyflop contest victory from the Viking Lounge. I met him in the airport as we were checking in to our respective flights home and congratulated him on the win. He was such a nice guy. I'll be drinking whisky to his memory tonight. His performance with Alestorm was fantastic.
    Amon Amarth - Gorgoroth - (the reanimated corps of) Celtic Frost - Bloodhag -[b] [b]- um, what where we talking about?
    Dennis Karuso
    Oiler

by Dennis Karuso » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 am

:cry:

R.I.P. my metalbrother, hope you rock in heaven now with Duane :headbanger:
    2011 - Cabin 2012
    2012 - Cabin 2029
    2013 - Cabin 2545

What the hell Did You Do this Winter ?
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Dennis Karuso wrote::cry:

R.I.P. my metalbrother, hope you rock in heaven now with Duane :headbanger:

My sentiments exactly! Metal Heaven is now your home!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:40 pm

I never got the chance to talk to him on the boat, but it's a great tragedy. He was way too young :cry:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:51 pm

shocked and saddened and devastated . i got to know rab on the cruise this year, and we became friends on facebook and talked regularly. we were looking forward to hanging out on the BTH. In fact, he offered me a space in his cabin the day before he passed , when the pre sales started. And said i could pay 100 bucks until we sailed to pay for my spot. that is how kind, generous and big hearted this man was. He had a wicked funny sense of humor and was always upbeat and happy. i went up to canada last night to the Behemoth tour and met up with fellow cruiser Katia Villa for a couple of beers and she delivered the horrible news to me. At first i thought it was a joke. and i did not want to believe it. And she showed me the post in 70000 tons of metal forum fiends group.

i just want to say, life is way to short. hold those you care about close, and those you do not care about, make ammends, and try and work out a mutual understanding of one another. We are like a large family. And not everyone gets a long but Rab would have wanted us to have a good time on the cruise and live our lives to the fullest. Just as he did.

The visitation is on Thursday from 6pm to 9pm in ontario.

http://glenoaks.permavita.com/siteConte ... ce=memlist

RIP Brother. you are missed.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:shocked and saddened and devastated . i got to know rab on the cruise this year, and we became friends on facebook and talked regularly. we were looking forward to hanging out on the BTH. In fact, he offered me a space in his cabin the day before he passed , when the pre sales started. And said i could pay 100 bucks until we sailed to pay for my spot. that is how kind, generous and big hearted this man was. He had a wicked funny sense of humor and was always upbeat and happy. i went up to canada last night to the Behemoth tour and met up with fellow cruiser Katia Villa for a couple of beers and she delivered the horrible news to me. At first i thought it was a joke. and i did not want to believe it. And she showed me the post in 70000 tons of metal forum fiends group.

i just want to say, life is way to short. hold those you care about close, and those you do not care about, make ammends, and try and work out a mutual understanding of one another. We are like a large family. And not everyone gets a long but Rab would have wanted us to have a good time on the cruise and live our lives to the fullest. Just as he did.

I love the picture of him on that page.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:48 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:shocked and saddened and devastated . i got to know rab on the cruise this year, and we became friends on facebook and talked regularly. we were looking forward to hanging out on the BTH. In fact, he offered me a space in his cabin the day before he passed , when the pre sales started. And said i could pay 100 bucks until we sailed to pay for my spot. that is how kind, generous and big hearted this man was. He had a wicked funny sense of humor and was always upbeat and happy. i went up to canada last night to the Behemoth tour and met up with fellow cruiser Katia Villa for a couple of beers and she delivered the horrible news to me. At first i thought it was a joke. and i did not want to believe it. And she showed me the post in 70000 tons of metal forum fiends group.

it's awful, awful news. Scott, your words on the matter are beautiful and i couldn't have said it any better! cheers for Rab! RIP! you are missed!!!!!!!! :bangers:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:32 pm

RIP bro.

Absolutely devastated by this tragic news.
    I was fully expecting to see the big fella at Death Angel/Sepultura concert in Toronto tomorrow.
    It's definitely not going to be the same without him being around.

As a fellow torontonian and metalhead my condolences to Rab's family and friends.
    You will be missed.
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Just sending out my love and condolences to those that were close to him, had only ever talked to him a few short times so I didn't really know him but admired his strong personality and sense of humor he seemed to always bring to the table. I hope he is at rest and I wish strength to those that he cared about.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:21 pm

WizardBeast wrote:

it's awful, awful news. Scott, your words on the matter are beautiful and i couldn't have said it any better! cheers for Rab! RIP! you are missed!!!!!!!! :bangers:

Thank you. what is funny is i usually dont know what to say when shit like this goes down. But the past two years i have learned my lessons, big ones. i made mistakes and said things i regret and it just poured out of me. i did not cry until i watched the iron maiden maiden england show earlier and infinite dreams came on. maiden was rab as well as mine fave band. he went to berlin and saw them and had vip and got to meet janick gers. he was and is a legend and i wont ever forget him EVER. i hope there is a cruise in valhalla and bathory are playing it and rab and duane and drinking beer and shots with marina whom never made it on the cruise and passed away 3 days after she went to metalcamp in 2010. :(

i cannot believe the awful tragedies in this family of metalheads.....

I talked with him a lot and he was losing weight and i was giving him tips. i could tell he lost some on the last cruise.

i did not sleep for shit last night. rab was in my mind every waking moment and still is. i judged him on the first cruise. and will forever be guilty for it. funny thing is that he knew i did. he was mocked his whole life, just like me and the difference was , he did not care and make a joke out of it. because that is the class act that he was. he has so many friends. thousands, and tons of bands as friends. alestorm dark tranquillity, children of bodom to name a few.

I also love the photo from his sisters wedding i think that is on the funeral announcement.

we WIll be having a toast to him at the pool deck where he dove off for the EPIC belly flob contest come December. We can put aside any differences and just be there for Rab.

Peace to all and thanks for hearing what i had to say about this. It really hit hard because i was so happy to have a new friend. one cool motherfucker. Gone too soon.

cruising hugs to everyone,

Scott :cry: :cry: :cry:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:38 am

RIP Rab. It's a shame I didn't get to know him better. The few times I met him he seemed like a really awesome dude.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:04 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:

we WIll be having a toast to him at the pool deck where he dove off for the EPIC belly flob contest come December. We can put aside any differences and just be there for Rab.

Peace to all and thanks for hearing what i had to say about this. It really hit hard because i was so happy to have a new friend. one cool motherfucker. Gone too soon.

cruising hugs to everyone, Scott :cry: :cry: :cry:

A toast to Rab on the pool deck is a great idea and it shall happen! He left us with a lot to celebrate during his all-too-short stint on Earth. :beerhorns:
    ErictheRedd
    Oiler

by ErictheRedd » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:23 am

I didn't get to meet Rab but definitely saw him all over the place on this year's cruise. Got some pictures of him too. He seemed like a genuinely awesome guy. I'm saddened by the loss of a metal brother.

Orphaned Land just posted a RIP to him on their Facebook. Very cool of them to do that.
    2012 - Survivor
    2013 - Future Survivor
  • leppardized
    Wiper

by leppardized » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:27 pm

At a loss for words, I will miss my friend dearly, local concerts where we would hook up will never be the same, the cruise as well
    Skwizgar
    Petty Officer

by Skwizgar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:48 pm

To Absent Friends: Fair Seas and Following Winds

Rab's Mighty Victory!

DSC_0384 by smtwilson2006, on Flickr

DSC_0417 by smtwilson2006, on Flickr

DSC_0428 by smtwilson2006, on Flickr

IMG_0841 by smtwilson2006, on Flickr

I don't know if he liked Irish whisky or not, but I drank about 70,000 tons of it in his honor last night, and still made it for all 10 hours of work today. He and I only spoke several times, but he was a funny and kind young man. Maybe I've just lost too many friends these last couple of years and have grown sentimental, but no one as (obviously) well loved as Rob/Rab should have been taken from his friends so soon. I was struck by how many of you addressed him in the first person on his Facebook page when you acknowledged your loss and said goodbye. That's a poignant and eloquent indication of how he truly lives on in your hearts.

The toast is an old Naval tradition for friends who have passed on, either to retirement or the great beyond.

Sympathies and regards,
    Steve

Til Valhalla!

P.S. Up The Irons.
    Amon Amarth - Gorgoroth - (the reanimated corps of) Celtic Frost - Bloodhag -[b] [b]- um, what where we talking about?
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:45 pm

some very heartfelt, wonderful posts....of course all so well deserved and so great to read as a result. painful but beautiful.
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:05 am

This is terrible news.
    RIP Rab.
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:28 pm

:cry: RIP.
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:15 pm

very sad news
    check this out : http://www.bravewords.com/news/182297
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Gandalf wrote:very sad news
    check this out : http://www.bravewords.com/news/182297

Nice touching write up! Thanks for posting. Reminded me of all the funny shit Rab did with Detsorgsekalf. For those who may have missed some or all of that greatness, here's a link.

Had to steal this pic from one of the vids just cuz it made me grin :D

From the Caddy Shack, I summon Thee!!
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
Post Reply 53 posts