Post Reply 490 posts
Accomodations in Miami?
  • ASH3S
    Oiler
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:55 am

    Accomodations in Miami?

    by ASH3S » Wed May 26, 2010 12:51 pm

    Has anyone booked their Miami hotel yet? Are there any hotels set up with a group rate that anyone knows of?

    The pre party thread had mentioned hotels just not any specifics. I'm currently looking into booking the cruise for myself, 2 sons & one of their friends & wanted to get an estimated cost on the entire trip for them & while a hotel for one night would be a small part of that price I wanted to get an idea.
  • User avatar
    Maddy77
    Crewman
    Posts: 51
    Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:02 am
    Location: Vienna now, of German origin (No! I don't want Hasselhoff) and one foot in The Netherlands :)
    Contact:

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Maddy77 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:45 pm

    Oh f**k :lol: I hadn't even thought of that yet. Me: Miss Over-Organized! But in this case...flight and boat booked - the essentials so to speak; bye-bye brain cells. On the other hand there's going to be a pre-party so who needs a hotel??? :trashdrink: ...Seriously though, should have to look into that. :oops:
    Headbanging on Deck 4
  • User avatar
    Chopper
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 179
    Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:17 pm
    Location: Las Vegas

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Chopper » Wed May 26, 2010 11:09 pm

    I have not booked a hotel yet.

    Lets all find a hotel to crash and burn.

    Cmon people from Miami help us out. Whats a good hotel for all us to book, party and reasonable?

    Thanks
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: Horten, Norway

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by VikingGirl » Wed May 26, 2010 11:30 pm

    We haven't booked anything yet either. But January isn't exactly tourist season in Florida, and there are like a billion hotels/motels, so it shouldn't be too hard finding something at a reasonable price. We'll probably arrive as early as the 19th, to visit some old friends and do some tourist stuff. I'm considering booking a room for the first night, and maybe the night before the cruise. The other nights may end up being down by the Keys, Tampa, Daytona, etc :)
    Shouldn't be too hard finding a nice room for $100-150 a night tho (2 ppl).
    Any tips?

    :cheers:
    Eva

    Cabin #1570
  • User avatar
    nekrobarr
    Ensign
    Posts: 1293
    Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:29 am
    Location: Michigan
    Contact:

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by nekrobarr » Thu May 27, 2010 12:01 am

    My default hotel of choice is Holiday Inn, since I've got reward points or whatever through them; There's one apparently not too far from the port that I may book at, address is:

    PORT OF MIAMI-DOWNTOWN
    340 BISCAYNE BLVD
    MIAMI, FL , UNITED STATES

    Personally, I've not done any research into other nearby hotels, but I'll offer up that it seems for a 2 night stay (check in Saturday, check out Monday) is about $200.

    Just thought I would share the info.

    Cheers.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

    Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

    Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Zeh » Thu May 27, 2010 4:13 am

    VikingGirl wrote:Daytona


    Please, is there something cool to do at Daytona? I just can remember the city because of the motor speedway, but nothing else :)

    About hotels, I've done some research on www.traveladvisor.com, but haven't decided yet - waiting for June 9th for my USA VIsa interview.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: Horten, Norway

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by VikingGirl » Thu May 27, 2010 4:51 am

    Zeh wrote:Please, is there something cool to do at Daytona? I just can remember the city because of the motor speedway, but nothing else :)


    haha! :D Must have had a great time, then! ;) Ya know, I've only drove through Daytona once, but I have a feeling my fiance wants to go there. Even tho it's the "wrong" time of year to go.

    Zeh wrote:waiting for June 9th for my USA VIsa interview.

    Just for a tourist visa? :?
    Eva

    Cabin #1570
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Zeh » Thu May 27, 2010 4:57 am

    VikingGirl wrote:
    Zeh wrote:Please, is there something cool to do at Daytona? I just can remember the city because of the motor speedway, but nothing else :)


    haha! :D Must have had a great time, then! ;) Ya know, I've only drove through Daytona once, but I have a feeling my fiance wants to go there. Even tho it's the "wrong" time of year to go.

    [/quote]

    Good to know! I'll try to get some agenda to visit Daytona for sure :D
    Thank you!

    VikingGirl wrote:
    Zeh wrote:waiting for June 9th for my USA VIsa interview.

    Just for a tourist visa? :?


    Yes.. just for the tourist Visa. Brazilians suffers when wants to visit foreigner countries, +30 days queue and taxes and more taxes to pay :?
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: Horten, Norway

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by VikingGirl » Thu May 27, 2010 5:23 am

    Zeh wrote:
    Yes.. just for the tourist Visa. Brazilians suffers when wants to visit foreigner countries, +30 days queue and taxes and more taxes to pay :?


    What a pain in the butt! :roll: Requires some serious planning then, making a trip like that. I'm sure it'll be worth it tho! :headbanger:
    Eva

    Cabin #1570
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Zeh » Thu May 27, 2010 5:26 am

    VikingGirl wrote:
    Zeh wrote:
    Yes.. just for the tourist Visa. Brazilians suffers when wants to visit foreigner countries, +30 days queue and taxes and more taxes to pay :?


    What a pain in the butt! :roll: Requires some serious planning then, making a trip like that. I'm sure it'll be worth it tho! :headbanger:


    No doubt!!

    Just for the record, the inverse is not true. Visitors to Brasil are easily accepted.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • ASH3S
    Oiler
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:55 am

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by ASH3S » Thu May 27, 2010 5:41 am

    Group rate would be ideal, cuz I am cheap! :lol:

    It would also be ideal for a preparty if most people are in the same area.
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Captain Metal » Thu May 27, 2010 5:47 am

    Okay, first of all, any talk of traveling to other parts of the state should be well thought out. Driving to Tampa will take you at least 4 hours, same goes for Daytona. Getting to the upper Keys would be around an hour, with Key West being about 4. To answer your question Zeh, there really isn't jack shit going on in Daytona, except for sitting on the beach. There are plenty of beaches much closer to enjoy, if that's your thing.

    There are a few theme parks in Tampa, so at least things are a bit more interesting around there. And speaking of theme parks, there's always Orlando (3 1/2 hours away), which is loaded with them.

    As for hotels, the Holiday Inn mentioned is $178 a night for two adults (just for example) at that time. Everything else in the vicinity is either in excess of $200 or $300 a night, or if it's cheaper, is probably some fleabag hotel.

    Frankly, I'm not a big fan of downtown Miami, but for some of you, it's probably the most convenient location based on it's being near the port. I suggest some of you do some serious research, and before you book a room in a place that might seem questionable, post it here, and I'll give my opinion on whether it's a part of town you want to be in or not.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: Horten, Norway

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by VikingGirl » Thu May 27, 2010 6:25 am

    Captain Metal wrote:Okay, first of all, any talk of traveling to other parts of the state should be well thought out. Driving to Tampa will take you at least 4 hours, same goes for Daytona.

    I lived in Tampa for 8 years, and have some friends there I'd like to catch up with. I know central FL like the back of my hand. For some reason tho, I never went to Miami.
    If you had friends coming in, and they have a car, they're interested in exploring the area, doing some shopping, eating at some good places, which part of town would you recommend?
    Is it easy getting to the port? I dropped someone off at Cape Canaveral for a cruise one time, and there was like nothing else in that area :?
    Eva

    Cabin #1570
  • User avatar
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 641
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:39 am
    Location: Hobe Sound, Florida
    Contact:

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by junkhead13 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:34 am

    VikingGirl wrote: But January isn't exactly tourist season in Florida, and there are like a billion hotels/motels, so it shouldn't be too hard finding something at a reasonable price.


    Actually, January (or anytime in the winter) is actually quite busy down here in Florida. All of the "snowbirds" come down for those couple of months to escape the cold in the other parts of the country. That and to wreak havoc on our roadways and make it a pain in the ass to get anywhere!

    My advice to you is to book a room as soon as you are able. Hopefully, the promoters can get a group rate set up soon at a decent place for you out of towners. :headbanger:
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Metalwrath » Thu May 27, 2010 6:47 am

    Ah ok.I still ahven't bought my flights and don't intend to for another 4 months i'd say.So will wait till then before i book my accomdation.Worst comes to worst i'll go camping in some park or sleep on a street :lol:
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: Horten, Norway

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by VikingGirl » Thu May 27, 2010 6:56 am

    Haha! There are TONS of hotels/motels in Florida, some of them you may end up sharing with a few roaches, but beats "camping" ;)

    As for the snowbirds, most of the ones I've seen in the Tampa area actually have their own places to stay. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass driving behind a caddy, a little ol' woman with blue hair driving 50 down I-75 - in the fast lane, with her left blinker on :evil:

    Considering how many people visit Florida (as tourists) in the summer, compared to the winter months, I'm not worried A BIT finding a decent place to stay :cool:
    Eva

    Cabin #1570
  • User avatar
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 641
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:39 am
    Location: Hobe Sound, Florida
    Contact:

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by junkhead13 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:21 am

    Ah, the blue hairs. Will have to pry their driver licenses from their cold dead hands (after they mow down a bunch of people when they hit the wrong pedal).

    Like the Country Kitchen episode of South Park!
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • User avatar
    Daenerys
    Midshipman
    Posts: 793
    Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 7:42 am
    Location: Clearwater/Tampa, Florida

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Daenerys » Thu May 27, 2010 8:20 am

    Omg I love that episode :D I've lived in Tampa for 26 years, and I can def tell you there has been a surge in snowbirds. Hope for a warm winter, they go back sooner when its warm!
    I want what we've never had!

    Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
  • User avatar
    Oli
    Crewman
    Posts: 98
    Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:55 am

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Oli » Thu May 27, 2010 9:56 am

    I can recomend this site,I have used it a lot and I have never had any problems.

    Last Year I wen´t to London to see AC/DC and booked a hotel on here and 2 night were 176 pounds..On the official site the room was 250 pounds a night,so quite a save..

    Just read the small print,there is "A NO REFUND" policy, once the room is booked and paid for.

    http://www.hotels.com/

    Personally I am looking for a Hotel,near to the port of Miami and it seems that it´s quite possible to get a double room(2 persons) under 100 usd a night.
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!


    Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: Horten, Norway

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by VikingGirl » Thu May 27, 2010 10:52 am

    The last few years there, I lived north of Sun City Center. Not sure if there were more old caddys and buicks or golf carts. Walking into the Publix there, kinda smelled like my grandma's house :cry:

    I like hotels.com as well, Oli. You could also check out supersaver.fi. I've seen some really good offers on their .no site.

    Now that Expedia is available in other countries, some of you might find good deals there as well :)

    We're planning on arriving the 19th, and going back the 31st, so we'll probably book rooms for our first and last night, as well as the night before the cruise.
    Eva

    Cabin #1570
  • User avatar
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 384
    Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am
    Location: Fairport NEW YORK

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by sheila » Thu May 27, 2010 11:02 am

    ASH3S wrote:Has anyone booked their Miami hotel yet? Are there any hotels set up with a group rate that anyone knows of?

    The pre party thread had mentioned hotels just not any specifics. I'm currently looking into booking the cruise for myself, 2 sons & one of their friends & wanted to get an estimated cost on the entire trip for them & while a hotel for one night would be a small part of that price I wanted to get an idea.


    I would also like to know where people are stayin... Started lookin into motel/hotels and they range in price. If anyone figures out a common place let me know please ! :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by KevinP » Thu May 27, 2010 11:36 am

    Zeh wrote:Please, is there something cool to do at Daytona? I just can remember the city because of the motor speedway, but nothing else :)


    You're a Brazilian not a REDNECK. Hence you should have no use for the speedway. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by KevinP » Thu May 27, 2010 11:38 am

    Since I live about 3.5-4 hours away I was torn if I should arrive a few days early. My uncle lives about 30 minutes for the cruise ship, but I didn't really feel like shacking up at his house for multiple days prior to departure or spending any $$$ on a hotel. I'm undecided at the moment.

    But I was thinking that 4 days with all of you people would be enough, so why get there early. :P :P :P
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 384
    Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am
    Location: Fairport NEW YORK

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by sheila » Thu May 27, 2010 11:45 am

    KevinP wrote:Since I live about 3.5-4 hours away I was torn if I should arrive a few days early. My uncle lives about 30 minutes for the cruise ship, but I didn't really feel like shacking up at his house for multiple days prior to departure or spending any $$$ on a hotel. I'm undecided at the moment.

    But I was thinking that 4 days with all of you people would be enough, so why get there early. :P :P :P


    You sayin you wouldn't wana add an extra day of crazyness to your trip???!!!! I'm in need of some fun... Work too hard and work too much I need this! :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11116
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by ShoreSlayer » Thu May 27, 2010 11:51 am

    I'm planning to land, hop a cab, employ the nitro and then swoop in on a hand glider just as the ship is setting sail.

    Watch for the guy dressed like King Diamond and landing right beside thrash metal Gopher and black metal Captain Stubing while they wave (horns up of course) to the crowds of sobbing, ticketless fans on the dock below. :headbanger:

    Oh, and I fully expect to see Ted Lange decked out in full metal regalia serving mai tais and exotic beers to the still wasted collection of pre-partiers!! :party:

    Anchors AWAY!!!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 384
    Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am
    Location: Fairport NEW YORK

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by sheila » Thu May 27, 2010 12:00 pm

    My your gona be a sight to see!!! Entertainment even before the ship sails....hahaha :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Captain Metal » Thu May 27, 2010 1:31 pm

    Love Boat references? Dude, you're showing your age :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by KevinP » Thu May 27, 2010 2:01 pm

    sheila wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Since I live about 3.5-4 hours away I was torn if I should arrive a few days early. My uncle lives about 30 minutes for the cruise ship, but I didn't really feel like shacking up at his house for multiple days prior to departure or spending any $$$ on a hotel. I'm undecided at the moment.

    But I was thinking that 4 days with all of you people would be enough, so why get there early. :P :P :P


    You sayin you wouldn't wana add an extra day of crazyness to your trip???!!!! I'm in need of some fun... Work too hard and work too much I need this! :death:


    Of course I would, but I don't have to worry about flights, etc. so I have the luxury of getting there when I want. If I was like you, flying from Canada (once you are out of the Westchester County area it's not REAL NY :lol: ) then sure what the hell. I'm open to the idea at this point (especially if someone wants to give me a free hotel room :mrgreen: ).

    I don't want to pay any of the insane parking prices at the port either.
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Witch Bear
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 195
    Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:47 am
    Location: The wilderness

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Witch Bear » Thu May 27, 2010 4:07 pm

    Me am look on Google and see there am park across the street from Holiday Inn. There am trees and forest in park? If so, me am just collect bunch of homeless people and use as mattress and sleep there
    Deck 666
  • User avatar
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 384
    Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am
    Location: Fairport NEW YORK

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by sheila » Thu May 27, 2010 8:12 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    sheila wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Since I live about 3.5-4 hours away I was torn if I should arrive a few days early. My uncle lives about 30 minutes for the cruise ship, but I didn't really feel like shacking up at his house for multiple days prior to departure or spending any $$$ on a hotel. I'm undecided at the moment.

    But I was thinking that 4 days with all of you people would be enough, so why get there early. :P :P :P


    You sayin you wouldn't wana add an extra day of crazyness to your trip???!!!! I'm in need of some fun... Work too hard and work too much I need this! :death:


    Of course I would, but I don't have to worry about flights, etc. so I have the luxury of getting there when I want. If I was like you, flying from Canada (once you are out of the Westchester County area it's not REAL NY :lol: ) then sure what the hell. I'm open to the idea at this point (especially if someone wants to give me a free hotel room :mrgreen: ).

    I don't want to pay any of the insane parking prices at the port either.

    I can understand not wanting to put the money out if you really don't have to. Most hotel rooms have two beds so ya might be able to bunk up with someone who wants to be nice to you... Lol
    I think were just going to find a hotel room that's close that offers a shuttle to the ship.... Always has worked well in the past. :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • User avatar
    Chopper
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 179
    Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:17 pm
    Location: Las Vegas

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Chopper » Fri May 28, 2010 12:43 am

    The port of miami/ downtown miami hotels is across from the port, however its in the business district. Its more $$$, rip off.
    Nothing nearby and who wants to be around conventioneers with suits on. Sorry i see enough of that shit in Vegas.

    Im booking in South beech/ Miami beech. Near bars, nightclubs, beech and the art deco district and.....much cheaper with tons to choose from.
  • User avatar
    Oli
    Crewman
    Posts: 98
    Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:55 am

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Oli » Fri May 28, 2010 5:33 am

    Chopper wrote:The port of miami/ downtown miami hotels is across from the port, however its in the business district. Its more $$$, rip off.
    Nothing nearby and who wants to be around conventioneers with suits on. Sorry i see enough of that shit in Vegas.

    Im booking in South beech/ Miami beech. Near bars, nightclubs, beech and the art deco district and.....much cheaper with tons to choose from.


    How far is this from the Port?

    Is it reachable(miami port) in a Taxi at a fair price from Miami beach?
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!


    Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
  • User avatar
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 641
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:39 am
    Location: Hobe Sound, Florida
    Contact:

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by junkhead13 » Fri May 28, 2010 8:10 am

    Oli wrote:Is it reachable(miami port) in a Taxi at a fair price from Miami beach?


    Distance wise, it is not very far (about 5 to 7 miles depending on where on South Beach you stay). It is just across the Macarthur Causeway which is just north of the Port (you can see the cruise ships across Biscayne Bay while crossing the causeway). Time wise, totally depends on what time of day. Should be less than 15 minutes, but traffic might make it worse than that. As far as cabs, it should be pretty reasonable.

    South Beach is an experience (good or bad is up to the type of person you are). On a Friday or Saturday night, traffic will be maddening (stop & go). Parking is a pain in the ass (and expensive as well). Plenty of "Jersey Shore" looking dbags cruising in their hummers. Can be fun if you are with the right people wandering around, but it is more geared toward trendy bastards, not your typical metalhead. But that is just my 2 cents!
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • User avatar
    Chopper
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 179
    Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:17 pm
    Location: Las Vegas

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Chopper » Fri May 28, 2010 11:42 am

    5-7 miles to the port is nothing.
    Sounds like a good place to people watch.
    Its fun to make fun of Dbags in hummers.
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 300
    Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Max_Rockwell » Sat May 29, 2010 9:17 pm

    I'll sleep on a park bench.
  • User avatar
    Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 231
    Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:08 am
    Location: Hamburg, Germany

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Schluckspecht666 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:47 am

    I've been to Miami and the Beaches a few times so this is my experience as a "non local":

    Downtown Miami is very convenient because it it directly at the port, however downtown Miami is a complete loss. Not a nice place, over all at night. Complete fail.

    The party goes down in South Beach/Miami Beach. Normally you would not find a lot of Metalheads there, but this time around it might be different. :mrgreen:

    If you are looking for a bargain and do not want to go spoon with the bums and Witch Bear in the park, you may want to look around the airport.

    For taxi cab fares from/to the port check this out:

    http://www.miamidade.gov/portofmiami/li ... s_2008.pdf
  • User avatar
    Lala
    Midshipman
    Posts: 838
    Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 am
    Location: Bochum - Germany
    Contact:

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Lala » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:48 am

    I use Priceline for getting a Room. There is a "Name Your Own price" Option, where you can get a Room much cheaper than anywhere else. I book most of my Hotelrooms this way....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

    www.lalasreisen.de
  • User avatar
    Oli
    Crewman
    Posts: 98
    Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:55 am

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by Oli » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:06 am

    Thank you for the info.

    I will be turning my attention to the beach area instead of beeing "close to the ship" ,doesn´t sound like it would be much fun spending 3 nights in such a boring neighbourhood.

    I want :party: and :heavydrink: and :cheers: and lots of people....
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!


    Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
  • User avatar
    onenight
    Midshipman
    Posts: 821
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm
    Location: Indiana

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by onenight » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:11 pm

    I was thinking about driving to Florida instead of flying. Anyone know about how much parking is at the port?
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • User avatar
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 384
    Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am
    Location: Fairport NEW YORK

    Re: Accomodations in Miami?

    by sheila » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:18 pm

    onenight wrote:I was thinking about driving to Florida instead of flying. Anyone know about how much parking is at the port?

    I think it's $20 per day for car... :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
Post Reply 490 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DarkMacek and 34 guests