Post Reply 3967 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:48 pm

I don't recall doing this. I thought I did it once, but I can't find it so what the heck, here it goes:

City/country:
    Currently living in Chula Vista, California, USA

Age (optional):

What first got you into metal?
    My mom (not joking! she probably saw I was a wimpy kid and decided to put some metal in my life. Big mistake! She bought me Iron Maiden and Motley Crue cassettes)

Play any instruments?
    Nope. I always wanted to play drums, even took a few classes but never got the chance to buy a kit and practice like a maniac.

Top 5 bands?
    Tough question. It changes every time, even more so with this boat. But at the time of typing this, I'd say:

Paradise Lost
    Be'lakor
    Amorphis
    Katatonia
    Enslaved

What do you do?
    I am an SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisiton) developer/engineer for a global electrical corporation

What deck are you on?
    This year I'm on deck 8 and right next to the elevators. Not too shabby

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I sleep with one eye open
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • rocking apple
    Crewman

by rocking apple » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:21 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:45 pm
    rocking apple wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:30 pm Ozric Tentacles - the best Band for ever !!!
    If Andy ever booked them, 95% of all cruisers would be saying "WTF, this isn't metal!!?!!"
    But those of us who KNOW, and the numerous metal musicians who are fans*, would be saying "FUCK yeah!" :lol:

Heck, book 'em, Andy! They could just play "Kick Muck," a "fairly raucous one," 12 times in a row. :twisted:
    ...and we are the only two people in the front of the stage, and freaking out... :wank:

-----
    * Devin Townsend, Mikael Akerfeldt, Brian Fair, Mike Portnoy, Gregoor Van der Loo, and many more.....
  • Wraith61636
    Oiler

by Wraith61636 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:25 am

Figured why not do this one too.

-City/country:
    Newport news,Virginia, USA

-What first got you into metal?
    Started of with the classics, old school metal from family, then found myself delving into the darker stuff, Norwegian black metal, etc... was fascinated with the black circle as a youth. Then discovering there was so much more out there that others at the time have never even heard of and it drew me in deeper. Plus revolver magazine was around then and well yeah there's that...

-Play any instruments?
    I play the guitar but won't say I'm really good at it, not even gonna try and act like I know what I'm doing but have a nephew and brother in law that are absolute beasts so learning from them. I can do vocals though pretty well, growls and screams mostly. Hate my voice though. So no real singing per se.

-Top 5 bands?
    Ah hell. That's tough because of different genres and feelings that go along with it. But we'll try...

Draconian
    Sirenia
    Dark fortress
    Dimmu borgir
    Children of bodom- r.i.p. alexi

-What do you do?
    Use to work at a local marina, but now a full time care giver, had to pull some strings just to make this (70k) happen. But earned a vacation finally so of course took the opportunity.

-What deck are you on?

-Whats a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?

Nun, sheize...
    Many ghosts in my past, and they all have teeth. I'm socially awkward as hell as a person. It took alot to get to this point, never even done the whole social media thing until my lady got me too. I really take the wraith thing seriously, but am working on it as I go.
    Maybe not exactly something that would weird out another but I tried here.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:56 pm

cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:48 pm
    What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Gripping your pillow tight?
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:02 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:56 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:48 pm
    Gripping your pillow tight?
    exit light
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:41 pm

City/country:
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Age (optional):

My dad got me into bands like Motley Crew, Ozzy, and Aerosmith in the 80s. So he definitely influenced me.

Play any instruments?
    Nope.

Top 5 bands?
    This is never easy, and is always changing, I'm sure I will get shit for my first band but I am from the midwest and a little over 40

Slipknot
    Sabaton
    Septic Flesh
    Imminence, that probably not metal lol
    Archspire

What do you do?
    I am a Radiation Protection Tech at a Nuclear Power Plant

What deck are you on?
    Seven

It's hard to weird out a submariner, lol
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
  • Metalhead_80s
    Petty Officer

by Metalhead_80s » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:17 pm

City/country:
    Montreal, Canada

Age (optional):

My dad introduced me to KISS when I was 12. Played video game like Guitar Hero and Rock Band in high school and got into more bands from there.

Play any instruments?
    Not actively, but I took guitar lessons and know how to play. I just haven't had time to practice.

Top 5 bands?
    Black Sabbath (Dio-fronted)
    DIO
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden
    Guns N Roses

What do you do?
    Accountant in the Food and Delivery Industry.

What deck are you on?
    2024 will be my 1st time sailing. Celebrating my Bachelor party, finishing school and turning 30!

I'm an INFJ personality-type.
    Top 10 Wishlist bands for 2024:
    KK's Priest
    Savatage
    Avantasia
    DORO/Warlock
    Over Kill
    The Halo Effect
    Venator
    Sodom
    Tankard
    Beast in Black
    Nikozombie
    Wiper

by Nikozombie » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:16 pm

City/country:
    Copiapo, Chile

Age (optional):

When i was like 10 or so, i had a bootleg wallet(lol) with a graphic of The Trooper printed on it without any names or logos. I thought the image was so cool so i asked my older brother about it and he told it was from a heavy metal band called Iron Maiden. My mom gifted me the Best of the Beast album and the rest is history

Play any instruments?
    Been playing guitar for a long time but i still consider myself pretty average. I can play some fancy solos tho haha

Top 5 bands?
    Iron Maiden
    Metallica
    In Flames
    Dark Tranquillity
    Ne Obliviscaris

What do you do?
    Im a doctor, working in the ER.

What deck are you on?
    I was on the boat in 2019 and 2020 but i don't remember the deck, gotta check it out.

At work i saw a dude with a pepsi bottle stuck in his rectum.
    2019 - Survived
    2020 - Survived
    2023 - No chance in hell
    2024 - Soon
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:45 pm

Nikozombie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:16 pm What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Let me guess... he "fell on it". lol
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Nikozombie
    Wiper

by Nikozombie » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:44 pm

toby wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:45 pm
    Nikozombie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:16 pm What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Haha that's the classic response or "when i sat down i didn't notice something was there"
    2019 - Survived
    2020 - Survived
    2023 - No chance in hell
    2024 - Soon
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm

Nikozombie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:44 pm
    toby wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:45 pm
    Haha that's the classic response or "when i sat down i didn't notice something was there"
    I have multiple friends that work the graveyard ER shifts. The stories they tell are amazing.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • RAWKKAH
    Wiper

by RAWKKAH » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:50 pm

Is this topic still active? I can't see any replies for this year
  • Death tattoo guy
    Oiler

by Death tattoo guy » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:42 am

Name:
    Sean Mason
    been on since Barge
    2024 will be my 11th. Officially with the dark side (black card slinger) muahahaha

The dank, dark dungeons of Wilmington, Delaware USA

Night Store Mangler (yes, you read that right) at a grocery store

Found elsewhere on the interwebs:
    Some of you may know me from FaceBook group. I'm one of the admins
    Also dude with Death sleeve on right arm, hence the name (first 3 albums)

Favorite bands:
    Blind Guardian
    Symphony X
    King Diamond
    Mercyful Fate
    Death
    Led Zeppelin
    Dio
    Rainbow
    Black Sabbath

Year started going to shows:
    1992 :deathhorns:
    10 Wishlist bands I've never seen live:
    Decadence
    The Halo Effect
    Aephanemer
    Nagasaki Sunrise
    Inhuman Condition
    Burning Witches
    Crystal Viper
    Frozen Crown
    Jenner
    Sorcerer

Survivor: Barge To Hell,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019, 2020, 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:50 am

Death tattoo guy wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:42 am Name:
    Sean Mason
    been on since Barge
    2024 will be my 11th. Officially with the dark side (black card slinger) muahahaha

Awww, welcome abroad. And it's about damned time. :lol:

Never quite had the chance to talk to ya onbroad this year but I did meet that Stoverkill feller for the first time. :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Death tattoo guy
    Oiler

by Death tattoo guy » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:48 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:50 am
    Death tattoo guy wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:42 am Name:
    Sean Mason
    been on since Barge

Awww, welcome abroad. And it's about damned time. :lol:

Never quite had the chance to talk to ya onbroad this year but I did meet that Stoverkill feller for the first time. :twisted:
    I've been a member here for a bit, but not too active.
    10 Wishlist bands I've never seen live:
    Decadence
    The Halo Effect
    Aephanemer
    Nagasaki Sunrise
    Inhuman Condition
    Burning Witches
    Crystal Viper
    Frozen Crown
    Jenner
    Sorcerer

Survivor: Barge To Hell,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019, 2020, 2023
    SSTMetalVox
    Wiper

by SSTMetalVox » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:17 pm

City/country:
    Woodbridge, VA USA

Age (optional):

Seeing Judas Priest Live

Play any instruments?
    I sing, I'm learning the guitar

Top 5 bands?
    Anything by Dio
    iron Maiden
    Opeth
    Judas Priest
    Annihilator

What do you do?
    I'm a systems engineer (a glorified sys-admin but I get to design and build my servers)
    I also sing for Division

What deck are you on?

I'm probably older than your parents, be nice or I might date your mom
    Scott Stewart:
    Vocals for Division (https://division.bandcamp.com)
    "American Metal that Doesn't Suck"
  • IsaMetal
    Wiper

by IsaMetal » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:04 pm

This sounds fun =)

City/country:
    I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario (Canada) but I am originally from Santiago, Chile

Age (optional):

I started listening to Queen when I was 12 or 13 and soon found out that I really liked their "heavier" songs. At 14 I started taking guitar lessons and my teacher introduced me to Helloween, Angra, Stratovarius, Dream Theater.... and the rest is history.

Play any instruments?
    I'm still taking guitar lessons but with a different teacher!
    I am a decent singer (I was in various bands when I was younger) but now I sing in the car only, lol

Top 5 bands?
    Queen (not metal but still my favorites)
    Helloween
    Avantasia
    Iron Maiden
    Brothers of Metal

What do you do?
    Legal assistant

What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Taekwondo 4 or 5 times a week after work :mrgreen:
    In the summer I love to go biking, hiking, kayaking or do anything outside in the sun :chug:
    In the winter I try to ice skate or ski... so far I haven't died trying, lol!

What deck are you on?
    Not sure yet...

I can't think of one thing... I'll come back to answer this!
    **I'm slightly mad**
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Tue May 30, 2023 3:41 pm

Nikozombie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:16 pm
    What do you do?
    Hey there! I'm an ER Physician Assistant. Nice to see someone else in medicine (and especially the ER) on here!! :bangers:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    homer907
    Oiler

by homer907 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:07 pm

Name:
    Kyle

Job/Occupation:
    Systems engineer at one of the local internet providers. I mainly focus on building out the network, routing, switching,firewalls at times. Things like that.

What got me into metal?
    Listening to the CDs my dad had growing up. Judas Priest, Ozzy and Van Halen.

Top 5 bands
    Hard to pick but, I'll go with:
    Meshuggah
    Aborted (looking forward to seeing them onboard in 2024)
    Soilwork
    Periphery
    Hypno5e

Hobbies
    I'm outdoorsy in that I like drinking on the patio. Winter and snow dominate most of the year here so video games and drinking take up time. Bike and go on the occasional camping trip as well. I enjoy messing with my homelab if I have something I want to try out. I run all Ubiquity gear at home at the moment. Just recently got my JNCIA certification, planning on going on up to the service provider cert next.

What deck am I on?
    Unknown at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing, and headbanging with you in 2024.
    AverageMetalDrummer
    Chief Petty Officer

by AverageMetalDrummer » Tue May 30, 2023 4:48 pm

Daenerys wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:41 pm
    What do you do?
    Hey there! I'm an ER Physician Assistant. Nice to see someone else in medicine (and especially the ER) on here!! :bangers:
    My wife is a critical care nurse at a hospital. She floats to the ER occasionally. She’s happy to see someone else in medicine as well! :viking: Maybe she’ll build a profile on here.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed May 31, 2023 11:03 am

AverageMetalDrummer wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:48 pm
    Daenerys wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:41 pm
    What do you do?
    My wife is a critical care nurse at a hospital. She floats to the ER occasionally. She’s happy to see someone else in medicine as well! :viking: Maybe she’ll build a profile on here.
    Awesome! We'll have lots to chat about if we bump into each other :beerwink:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    LucasYoshiyuki
    Wiper

by LucasYoshiyuki » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:50 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Lucas Yoshiyuki, and I'm here to share a relaxed chat about music. I'm a Brazilian bassist and piano enthusiast, passionate about the world of rock and metal.
    Currently, I have a PM band called Valk, and we're released our first single!
    When it comes to music genres, Power Metal holds a special place in my heart. The energy, exciting riffs, and epic lyrics of this style are a constant source of inspiration for me. The combination of captivating melodies and virtuosic performances in this genre truly fascinates me.
    However, my passion for rock and metal extends beyond PM alone. I find inspiration in all the branches of these music genres. Classic rock, with its distinctive guitars and incredible solos, evokes a sense of nostalgia for me.
    As a bassist, I admire and seek influences from great figures in the instrument. Steve Harris from Iron Maiden is one of my biggest idols. His ability to create powerful and melodic bass lines is truly inspiring. Additionally, I am also captivated by the techniques of bassists like Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers and Geddy Lee from Rush. They have a unique and innovative approach that pushes the boundaries of the instrument.
    Speaking of the piano, this instrument captivates me in various ways. It allows me to explore melody and harmony in a more complete manner. I am fascinated by virtuoso pianists like Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater and Yanni, who combine technical proficiency with captivating emotional expression.
    Apart from music, I am also a language enthusiast. I speak English, German, and have an interest in Japanese and French. This linguistic passion also influences my musical appreciation. Exploring music in different languages allows me to discover new artists and immerse myself in different musical cultures.
    :shred:
    " Não olhe para trás, você não vai naquela direção"
  • Lyllywyn
    Crewman

by Lyllywyn » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:44 pm

Name:
    Loren

Job/Occupation:
    I'm a dog Groomer. To answer the most typical questions I receive from anyone alive: NO-I don't just play with dogs all day. YES-it's actually work, very physically demanding and mentally taxing as it requires a lot of patience. YES-I do actually enjoy it and love 90% of dogs (ask any groomer and they'll give their list of breeds they hate grooming). YES-dogs can be VERY frustrating...dog owners are often twice as bad as child parents too. NO- I cannot answer questions meant for your Veterinarian. That being said I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my life.

What got me into Metal:
    I think I was always a little into metal, but honestly I'd never explored it until several years ago. I grew up very sheltered with strict parents, especially when it came to music. I dedicated myself to my career for a long time and had some personal issues to deal with, so I didn't spend a lot of energy looking for music that really fit me. Several years ago I met someone who showed me a couple of bands, and then it spun out of control from there in the best way possible. Now I manage my work-life balance better and am still exploring what I like.

Top 5 Bands: Maybe? I have to choose? Here are some of my top 20...the top spots change depending on my mood
    Beast in Black
    Lord of The Lost
    Orden Ogan
    Powerwolf
    Volbeat

What deck are you on:
    6...I think

A little about me:
    -I'm easily distracted and have been told I am ADHD, but I don't like to cling to a label
    -I'm awkward--If you make the situation even more awkward than it already is, I will just start saying random things and make it worse unintentionally
    -I have a hard time socializing--as I'm sure many do
    -I have a TERRIBLE memory for faces and names. I remember people more by things that stand out to me about them. There is a 90% chance that if you introduce yourself I'll forget your name 30 seconds later until we talk more. Don't be offended, it's normal.
    -I read more than the average person. If my phone is in my hand, I'm 99% of the time not scrolling social media. I'm reading
    -I'm a gamer
    -This is my first cruise metal or otherwise
  • latenightzombie
    Oiler

by latenightzombie » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:08 pm

City/Country:
    I live in Oregon, about an hour drive from Portland.

Age (optional):

I have have always miked the mainstream metal bands like Metallica (gonna see them in Seattle next year) , Megadeth, Etc..
    Had a roommate that turned me on to Amon Amarth and from there I discovered Arch Enemy and it just snowballed on!

Play any instruments?
    Not to any level that is considered music. :lol:

Some of my Favorite Bands?
    Arkona
    Amon Amarth
    Heilung
    Crypta
    Fleshgod Apocalypse

What do you do?
    I am a Sous Chef in a high volume kitchen.

What deck are you on?
    Deck 8

This will be my first time!!
    SURVIVOR 2024
    Sausage Fingers
    Oiler

by Sausage Fingers » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:03 am

latenightzombie wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:08 pmWhat do you do?
    My brotha! I'm gonna try to convince one of the restaurants to let me see one of the galleys, you should join me, lol.

Whereabouts: I'm from Philadelphia, but now I live in the foothills of northeastern Pennsylvania

For how long? I'll be 37 at the time of BOAT

How the fuck did this happen? I was always peripherally into metal, but in 8th grade, I bought a copy of "Ride the Lightning" and it was game over.

Makest thou the glorious noise? I'm a pretty fucking alright guitarist and bassist in a variety of genres. I got a nice voice, too.

Make a list! The Chasm
    Cannibal Corpse
    Death
    Black Sabbath
    High on Fire

What job? I'm a line cook at a golf course/banquet facility. It's awful, but it pays well. I wanna fly planes, though.

Deck? Deck 8, with the rest of the kitchen rats, apparently.
    All I want for next year is The Chasm!

Survivor: 2024.
  • Lyllywyn
    Crewman

by Lyllywyn » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:31 pm

Just walk in like you belong there and start telling people what to do. I'm sure they won't notice a staff change mid-voyage.
  • latenightzombie
    Oiler

by latenightzombie » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:25 pm

Sausage Fingers wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:03 am
    latenightzombie wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:08 pmWhat do you do?
    My brotha! I'm gonna try to convince one of the restaurants to let me see one of the galleys, you should join me, lol.

Whereabouts: I'm from Philadelphia, but now I live in the foothills of northeastern Pennsylvania

For how long? I'll be 37 at the time of BOAT

How the fuck did this happen? I was always peripherally into metal, but in 8th grade, I bought a copy of "Ride the Lightning" and it was game over.

Makest thou the glorious noise? I'm a pretty fucking alright guitarist and bassist in a variety of genres. I got a nice voice, too.

Make a list! The Chasm
    Cannibal Corpse
    Death
    Black Sabbath
    High on Fire

What job? I'm a line cook at a golf course/banquet facility. It's awful, but it pays well. I wanna fly planes, though.

Deck? Deck 8, with the rest of the kitchen rats, apparently.
    That would be cool to get to see behind the scenes.
    SURVIVOR 2024
  • fswa666
    Oiler

by fswa666 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:24 am

I own a Kelly Clarkson cd, purchased voluntarily. :headbanger:
    My mom is also coming on the cruise, and has been with me to metal festivals before (of her own free will, she likes it too).
    City/country:
    Northern California, US of Metal

Age (optional):
    32 (on MySpace - 666 in reality)

The vibe of early KISS and Alice Cooper was how it started for me. I needed heavier music to fit the look and attitude though. When videos started appearing on our little black box I saw bands like Judas Priest, Motorhead, Venom, etc. and that was when I started down the long dark tunnel.

Play any instruments?
    Bass, Guitar, Drums, Trumpet

Top 5 bands? (Yikes!!)
    King Diamond / Mercyful Fate
    In Flames (several late albums not included)
    Behemoth
    Kvelertak
    Manowar

What do you do?
    FSWA666.com ( :viking: )
    Music, Dungeons and Dragons, Horror, Marketing

What deck are you on?

I am a HUGE Adam Ant fan :belly:
    Just Play Dammit!
    dennis27
    Wiper

by dennis27 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:30 am

City/country:
    Duisburg, Germnay

Age (optional):

Through my sister, I got into the rock scene when I was 11. At some point, though, I found it too tame.

Play any instruments?
    Starting guitar this year

Top 5 bands?
    Hard to say, but if I have to narrow it down to 5, the first ones that come to mind are:
    1. Warkings
    2. Jinjer
    3. Amon Amarth
    4. Parkway Drive
    5. Infected Rain
    What do you do?
    Creepy stuff with AI

What deck are you on?

There's quite a bit out there :shock:
  • GrannyElaine
    Wiper

by GrannyElaine » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:16 am

City/country:
    Orlando Florida since 2010. Michigan before that.

Age (optional):
    Older than you are

Music I remember of my youth was Cream, Rainbow, Sabbath, Iron Butterfly, Zeppelin, Deep Purple. I feel like i got to experience the birth of metal and watch it grow into to many different genres over the years. It's been an amazing ride!

Play any instruments?
    Not any more. Used to play piano.

Top 5 bands?
    Impossible to choose. The music I listen to changes regularly. This week I seem to favor: Rainbow, Lorna Shore, Cattle Decapitation (love the new album), Behemoth, Rotting Christ, Rainbows are Free, Sepultura, Acrania.
    Ask me next week my list will probably be completely different.

What do you do?
    Retired, cytopathology. Now most time is caring for husband (age 78) , enjoying grandkids (expert giver of hugs), travel when we can.

What deck are you on?

The first concert I saw was Goose Lake Rock Festival. (If you aren't from Michigan, you might need to Google that!)
    Our kids are in their 30s and 40s. My youngest daughter will be keeping an eye on my husband, while my youngest son will be on the ship with me. He is the only one of my kids who enjoys metal like I do.

I have read some people were concerned about not fitting in. It is my experience that the metal community has all sorts. Introverts, extroverts, young, old, all colors, shapes, sizes, nationalities, preferences. I feel they are the most accepting of people. If I'm at a metal concert and a pit breaks out around me (it happens), I am carefully moved to the outside before I can break a hip or something. Nicest people in the world. That is my experience anyway. See you soon!
  • Kay863
    Wiper

by Kay863 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:40 pm

City/country:
    Currently living in Leesville, Louisiana, USA

Age (optional):

My husband actually is who introduced me to metal. :viking: Before that I had just heard old school rock from my family.

Play any instruments?
    Nope.

Top 5 bands?
    Ad Infinitum
    • Beyond the Black
    • Blind Guardian
    • Cellar Darling
    • Crypta

What do you do?
    I am Registered Nurse, background in critical care and icu, but now I work Mixed-med surg & Mother/Baby nurse.

What deck are you on?
    This year we’re on deck 10 :pound:

I’m a nurse, theres a endless list of creepy things I could tell you :twisted:
  • caddee313
    Petty Officer

by caddee313 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:50 pm

GrannyElaine wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:16 am City/country:

Age (optional):
    Older than you are

Music I remember of my youth was Cream, Rainbow, Sabbath, Iron Butterfly, Zeppelin, Deep Purple. I feel like i got to experience the birth of metal and watch it grow into to many different genres over the years. It's been an amazing ride!

Play any instruments?

Top 5 bands?
    Impossible to choose. The music I listen to changes regularly. This week I seem to favor: Rainbow, Lorna Shore, Cattle Decapitation (love the new album), Behemoth, Rotting Christ, Rainbows are Free, Sepultura, Acrania.

What do you do?
    Retired, cytopathology. Now most time is caring for husband (age 78) , enjoying grandkids (expert giver of hugs), travel when we can.

What deck are you on?

The first concert I saw was Goose Lake Rock Festival. (If you aren't from Michigan, you might need to Google that!)
    Our kids are in their 30s and 40s. My youngest daughter will be keeping an eye on my husband, while my youngest son will be on the ship with me. He is the only one of my kids who enjoys metal like I do.

I have read some people were concerned about not fitting in. It is my experience that the metal community has all sorts. Introverts, extroverts, young, old, all colors, shapes, sizes, nationalities, preferences. I feel they are the most accepting of people. If I'm at a metal concert and a pit breaks out around me (it happens), I am carefully moved to the outside before I can break a hip or something. Nicest people in the world. That is my experience anyway. See you soon!
    Ha Goose Lake BOC gig, I remember hearing about the nekkidness.
  • caddee313
    Petty Officer

by caddee313 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:59 pm

caddee313 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:50 pm
    GrannyElaine wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:16 am City/country:

Age (optional):
    Older than you are

Play any instruments?

Top 5 bands?

What do you do?

What deck are you on?

Wait, I mixed that up with the "Turtle Lake" concert in the mid 90's.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:51 pm

caddee313 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:59 pm
    caddee313 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:50 pm
    GrannyElaine wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:16 am The first concert I saw was Goose Lake Rock Festival. (If you aren't from Michigan, you might need to Google that!)
    Wait, I mixed that up with the "Turtle Lake" concert in the mid 90's.
    Okay, wait. There was a nekkid Blue Oyster Cult show? I gotta hear about this. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • GrannyElaine
    Wiper

by GrannyElaine » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:50 pm

Goose Lake Rock Festival indeed had abundant nudity, but no Blue Oyster Cult. None of the old BOC shows I've seen had nudity, but those were long before 1995 Turtle Lake. (Trying to link this reply to above, but I can't figure out how. Sorry!)
  • caddee313
    Petty Officer

by caddee313 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:45 pm

GrannyElaine wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:50 pm Goose Lake Rock Festival indeed had abundant nudity, but no Blue Oyster Cult. None of the old BOC shows I've seen had nudity, but those were long before 1995 Turtle Lake. (Trying to link this reply to above, but I can't figure out how. Sorry!)
    Yeah, the people I knew that attended the festival did not know it was a "Clothing Optional" event. (Turtle Lake is a famous nudist Colony in Union City, MI)
    MemoriaUK
    Wiper

by MemoriaUK » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:05 am

City/country:
    Bournemouth, United Kingdom.

Age (optional):

Metal Gateway bands.

Play any instruments?
    Used to learn violin at school and tried learning bass guitar for a bit.

Top 5 bands?
    Carnifex
    The Spirit
    Harakiri for the Sky
    Kataklysm
    Butcher Babies

(too many to choose from)

What do you do?
    Work as a Healthcare Support Worker in a hospital.

What deck are you on?
    I'm planning on coming to 70000 tons of Metal in 2025 but want to get familiar with this forum early.

That you can howl in your dream too, like my dog seems to do on occasion.
  • 72freebie
    Wiper

by 72freebie » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:57 pm

Job/Occupation:
    Graphic Designer. Specializing in logo, brand, and sports apparel design.

What got me into metal?
    I always enjoyed hard rock music growing up. More mainstream stuff like Disturbed, Seether, Three Days Grace but really got introduced to the metal scene in my second year of college in 2019. More specifically the European power metal scene which really peaked my interest as it was unlike anything I had heard before. Freedom Call was the first band I stumbled upon by accident on Spotify one day and the speed, power and upbeat tempo of it got me instantly hooked. I then went down a rabbit hole of Power metal bands like Powerwolf, Sabaton, Blind Guardian, Dragonforce to name a few. At that point I wasn't a fan of heavier metal and harsh vocals but eventually I started giving more bands like Amon Amarth, Ensiferum and Omnium Gatherum a shot and started to appreciate the heavier stuff a lot more. Nowadays I am willing to give pretty much any band/genre a listen. I'm always excited to discover a new band on Spotify and I've already discovered multiple new bands from this year's cruise lineup that I've really enjoyed.

Top 10 bands (No specific order)
    - Freedom Call
    - Powerwolf
    - Amon Amarth
    - Orden Ogan
    - Dragonforce
    - Brothers of Metal
    - Lorna Shore
    - Brand of Sacrifice
    - Electric Callboy
    - Orbit Culture

Hobbies
    - Gaming
    - Golfing in the Summer
    - Curling in the winter
    - Marathon training throughout the year

What deck am I on?

This year's cruise will be both my first time on a cruise and at a metal festival. Looking forward to meeting lots of other metalheads. Where I live country music basically makes the world go round and I have almost no one to chat metal with. Looking forward to an amazing time!
    Sausage Fingers
    Oiler

by Sausage Fingers » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:30 pm

72freebie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:57 pm What deck am I on?
    FUCK YEAH DECK 8 TERRAH SKWAAAD. Deck 8: bring the h8, leave in a cr8!
    All I want for next year is The Chasm!

Survivor: 2024.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:31 am

Haven't done this in a while...

City/country:
    Barcelona, Spain

Age (optional):

Friend at university recommending a few very accessible bands for a non-metalhead (Rhapsody, Edguy, Nightwish)

Play any instruments?
    I'd like to but no. No time. I already do WAY TOO MANY things in my life (e.g., not related, in the "cruise environment" you might know me for organizing the Cripper Award or for being the author of the 70K Guide (https://70kguide.wordpress.com/)).

Top 5 bands?
    This is just too difficult, tomorrow I might give you a different answer... I'm gonna say this:
    Soen
    Insomnium
    Avantasia
    Vola
    Voyager
    Chaosbay
    (wops, lost count)

What do you do?
    Europe IT Commercial Data & Digital Solutions Lead @ PepsiCo

What deck are you on?
    10, I think.

Honestly, this one is always too difficult. Just come and say hi.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
Post Reply 3967 posts