--------------------------------------------------------
    Junior Suite JS / 56 / ? / 22 /
    Grand Suite GS / / / 22 /
    Royal Family Suite FS / / / / / / / 4 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Total Cabins: 1751
    Number Sold Out:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

Re: How fast will 2017 sell out?

by biertroll » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:35 am

End of September, like the 23rd is my guess.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:56 am

It will sell out on Feb 2nd.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:59 am

Razor Ramon wrote:It will sell out on Feb 2nd.

Yup. Or maybe the 1st.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:16 pm

K Triple sold in seconds. :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:52 pm

100 down already.

Type / Double / Triple / Quad / Quin/ SEX / Sept / Oct /
    Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Family Interior FI / / / / / / 2 /
    Promenade Family FP / / / / / /4 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Large Ocean View F / 14 / 2 / /
    Family Ocean View FO / / / / / 10 /
    Deluxe Balcony E3 / 185 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Deluxe Balcony E1 / / 83 / 8 /
    Superior Balcony D3 / 191 /
    Superior Balcony D2 / 102 /
    Superior Balcony D1 / / / 89 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Number Sold Out: 100
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Emma Cronin
    Wiper

by Emma Cronin » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:00 pm

Ok. So I am getting nervious. As new sailors we have to wait until public sales. Please tell me there is an allocated bunch of tickets for Gold Silver and public. As it's already going to cost us 3 years worth of saving to pay for a twin and from what I am hearing they are all going to sell out before we even get a chance at them.

I do hope this is not the case and gold silver and public all have separate pools of tickets to buy from. As if this isn't the case I have to say it isn't fair. We would feel that we have to pay double the price because we have never been before (and that's just not right when you are paying $800 EACH just for the flights)
    Got Married on the P&O Cruise Ship Oceana, 1st September 2014... Addicted ever since! But now it's time for some Metal!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:14 am

Emma Cronin wrote:Ok. So I am getting nervious. As new sailors we have to wait until public sales. Please tell me there is an allocated bunch of tickets for Gold Silver and public. As it's already going to cost us 3 years worth of saving to pay for a twin and from what I am hearing they are all going to sell out before we even get a chance at them.

I do hope this is not the case and gold silver and public all have separate pools of tickets to buy from. As if this isn't the case I have to say it isn't fair. We would feel that we have to pay double the price because we have never been before (and that's just not right when you are paying $800 EACH just for the flights)

While I do not think there are essentially allocated bunches of tickets for gold, silver, and the public by the same token I don't think you need to worry too much.

For several reasons.

1 As I noted above, yes there are a lot of sold out categories, BUT they only represent about 100 cabins. Obviously we the people have no idea how many cabins in the non-sold-out categories have been sold but for now they are still available so that is all we need to know.

2 Doubles are usually slow to sell out. Yes Interior N are gone already but they are the cheapest (and there was relatively few of them).

3 The next-to-the-cheapest doubles, Interior M and Interior L were both still available when public sales started for this year's cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Emma Cronin
    Wiper

by Emma Cronin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:02 am

You are dead right. I totally forgot we would be going for the doubles as opposed to the singles.

Thank you for stopping me hypo ventilating haha!

I will shut up and just wait patiently!
    Got Married on the P&O Cruise Ship Oceana, 1st September 2014... Addicted ever since! But now it's time for some Metal!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Superior Balcony D1 all gone - just doubles and triples and we couldn't find any of them last time though....

Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Superior Balcony D1 / ? / ? / 89 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Number Sold Out: 100
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Superior Balcony D1 all gone - just doubles and triples and we couldn't find any of them last time though....

What where you looking for?I am guessing a D1 Superior Balcony is a cabin that includes the sleeper sofa.So 2 people could have their own big bed(double) or 1 sofa sleeper with 2 in the split bed (triple).Is that what makes up this category?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:59 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Superior Balcony D1 all gone - just doubles and triples and we couldn't find any of them last time though....

What where you looking for?I am guessing a D1 Superior Balcony is a cabin that includes the sleeper sofa.So 2 people could have their own big bed(double) or 1 sofa sleeper with 2 in the split bed (triple).Is that what makes up this category?

They technically work out to quads. Two in the singles, two to the sleeper sofa.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:29 pm

Maybe he "sells out (doesn't sell)" the doubles and triples in this category in the beginning in order to sell them as quads.If they don't sell out near the end,he could offer them as doubles and singles then.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:35 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Maybe he "sells out (doesn't sell)" the doubles and triples in this category in the beginning in order to sell them as quads.If they don't sell out near the end,he could offer them as doubles and singles then.

THAT makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Good thinking you :bangers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:34 pm

K doubles gone, but FO back

Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Number Sold Out: 93
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • MetalMatt
    Oiler

by MetalMatt » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:02 pm

When do the general public tickets go on sale usually? I emailed 70,000 and they said just to keep an eye out for it. Hopefully theres some good cabins left by the time they go on sale
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:49 pm

MetalMatt wrote:When do the general public tickets go on sale usually? I emailed 70,000 and they said just to keep an eye out for it. Hopefully theres some good cabins left by the time they go on sale

Last year it went like this:

Booking for Gold Veterans - June 25th
    Booking for General Public - July 9th

So this year, possibly:

Booking for Gold Veterans - July 9th
    Booking for General Public - July 24th?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Interior K is now sold out. I got my booking request in right before that happened!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:24 pm

acidbasement wrote:Interior K is now sold out. I got my booking request in right before that happened!

Aw, fuck. Silvers didn't even get a chance...

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:34 pm

I have the mine
    :givebeer:

Phoenix wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:Interior K is now sold out. I got my booking request in right before that happened!

Aw, fuck. Silvers didn't even get a chance...
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm glad I was able to be online at 2pm! Our second choice would have cost an extra $1500 for our family.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:55 pm

E3 is gone,so E2 will be gone quick leaving only Superior doubles left by public sales left no doubt,The Motorboat Cruise actually sold more high end cabins first so the Anthrax people will problably pay up for these.So a sellout is possible ,I go with October 2nd complete sell out.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:09 pm

i did as well. damn, i hope that email comes through soon! sitting on pins and needles!
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:19 pm

EDT?

*facepalm* I'm so used to reading everything as Pacific time, I done goofed.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:44 pm

Lots of sold now.

Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Number Sold Out: 517
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:00 pm

Phoenix wrote:EDT?

I have one, maybe two spots in a $733 quad, message me if you want.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:17 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:EDT?

I have one, maybe two spots in a $733 quad, message me if you want.

Cheers, I'll let you know. My partner and I are supposed to be in a cabin with a friend, but they haven't gotten back to me about whether or not that's happened yet.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Lots of sold now.

Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Number of Cabins in Sold Out Categories: 745
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:35 pm

wow this years cruise is selling out way faster than any other I remember and we haven't even hit public sales yet ...... good for you UMC :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:54 am

DragonLordJones wrote:wow this years cruise is selling out way faster than any other I remember and we haven't even hit public sales yet ...... good for you UMC :cheers: :beerhorns:

More survivors means more early booking. The will be a bunch sold of the ones not sold out as well, so I'm guessing that between half and two thirds are sold already.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:01 am

DragonLordJones wrote:wow this years cruise is selling out way faster than any other I remember and we haven't even hit public sales yet ...... good for you UMC :cheers: :beerhorns:

Definitely going quicker than last year and the year before at this point.

Will be interesting to see where things lie once public sales begin.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:28 am

Plus there can't be a total of 1751 up for sale. Double occupancy for 1751 cabins would mean 3502 passengers. Even if we account for bands, the numbers don't add up, considering a good chunk of the cabins offered are x4. If we only check at cheaper cabins, Interior Ns, Ms and Ks are sold out. Only with those cabins, we would be talking about 1110 passengers. Add Ocean Gs, to that, and we're up to 1510 ppl. I'm not even taking into account 5-6-7-8x cabins. Bands don't get Interiors nor Ocean Views, they get at least Balconies. So it's safe to say those cheaper cabins mostly goes to cruisers (and some for 70k tech staff, probably).

I added up all the categories and the capacity for each based on Dallas' chart, and it adds up to around 4500 ppl. Last year, we had 3007 guests and 938 musicians/70k crew. That means over 500 spots aren't used, for some reason (probably to give more space and intimacy to important ppl!).

So in terms of numbers of passengers and considering the fact that over 500 spots aren't used in higher end cabins, this boat is more than half sold out, definitely.

That being said, I think it's sad for first time cruisers... As time goes on and more ppl become gold survivors, it might become a closed event where you have to know someone to be able to book. :S
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:24 am

Regarding the amount of cabins, this is what the captain handed out at the press meeting:

Total number of cabins = 1817
    Ocean View: 1084 (842 with balconies) / Interior: 733 (172 with promenade view)
    out of those there are 855 with third/fourth berths and 32 are wheelchair accessible

The total (possible) number of guests is listed as 4375.
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks! So that means the chart is off a little. But still gives a good idea. I wonder why they keep so many spots vacant though.
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Hmm. From the website:

Passengers: 3648 (double occupancy)
    Ship Crew: 1,300 (average)

That doesn't add up much. Is the website just woefully out of date?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Phoenix wrote:Hmm. From the website:

It kinda does add up. Total number of cabins = 1817 x 2 (double occupancy) = 3634
    The thing, we use many of those cabins has triples and quads.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:03 pm

AmelieM wrote:Thanks! So that means the chart is off a little. But still gives a good idea. I wonder why they keep so many spots vacant though.

2 years ago the room across from us was not occupied. They used it as a storage room for alcohol. It was an easy way to restock later at night for the bar staff.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    AmelieM wrote:Thanks! So that means the chart is off a little. But still gives a good idea. I wonder why they keep so many spots vacant though.

2 years ago the room across from us was not occupied. They used it as a storage room for alcohol. It was an easy way to restock later at night for the bar staff.

That makes sense! And the bands probably need some space to store their gears too.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:15 pm

Cabin assignments on cruise ships is a very complicated endeavor. The number of beds available on a ship is usually greater than the max number of passengers allowed. On top of that each lifeboat zone has a max number of passengers allowed as well.

During a normal cruise their goal is not to fill every bed or even every cabin. They want to fill the cabins in such a way that they hit the max for each lifeboat zone. If that zone has a lot of quad cabins then they can very easily max that zone out without selling out all of the cabins in that zone.

On a normal cruise they do not attempt to require 4 passengers per quad room. You can easily book 2 in a quad. However, on 70,000 Tons, they attempt to maximize every cabin bed. So if you are maxing out quad cabins in a lifeboat zone you might have empty cabins.

So it is quite possible that the cruise can be totally sold out with empty cabins remaining.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:31 pm

Phoenix wrote:Hmm. From the website:

No it's not, the fact sheet from the captain stated: 3634 guests (double occupancy) with 4375 guests in total. So I guess the difference is for cabins with more max passengers. And the ship crew is 1360, but this number is NOT included in the guest count. It's separate since the crew has their own living quarters and those cabins are not counted in the total number of guest cabins.
Post Reply 137 posts