Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Running Order...
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

Re: Running Order...

by slayergeek » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:47 am

kittysoman2013 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:33 am Well this will be my first time onboard so when do we know the Running Order? I've been on Wacken and everybody knows it at least 1 month before, so give me some advice?
    Typically 2 to 3 days before then event. Most years we don't even know all bands until 2 or 3 days before the event.

If this is your first 70k buckle up. In a 'normal' year, the lead up to the cruise feels chaotic, poorly planned, with things taking way longer than they should with communication delays and unexpected silences the norm. (Behind the scenes I am assuming it is less of a mess then what we imagine from the outside). That being said, once on board, you couldn't ask for a better planned and executed final product, which is how Andy gets away with the lead up chaos that happens every year.

Now, this should be obvious, this year is not normal. Before the pandemic mess started, we did not even know what ship or cruise line we will be on and still don't (we normally know this before we leave the cruise from the prior year).

Given how bad things are in a normal year, and given how all festivals and event are majorly hosed right now with question marks surrounding everything, especially if a given festivals will happen at all, this year will be interesting.

I am hoping the event happens (given the state of the world it might not)
    I hope we are back on Royal (who knows what Andy was planning before this mess happened and if this changes his plans)
    I hope we sail on the announced dates (things could be delayed rather then cancelled and booked for the next year)
    I hope we get bands when things are clarified (when Andy starts to announce bands is ALWAYS a big mystery, and even if he has bands and announcements were planned for tomorrow, he probably would hold off announcing anything until he knows if he will allowed to even sail in January)

Anyway..welcome, be patient, most years I would say "Don't worry, the event will happen"...because every newbie insist the cruise is cancelled after every delay and hiccup..unfortunately this year is very different and if the cruise happens or not is not entirely in Andys hands.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:08 am

Yeah, what slayergeek said :lol:

It is too early to tell if the boat is actually gonna happen in 2021.
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed May 27, 2020 9:45 pm

In 2015, we didn't get the running order until mere hours before boarding.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1