Post Reply 15 posts Page 1 of 1
Heavy Metal Chess Set!
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

Heavy Metal Chess Set!

by LjlMetal » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:34 pm

I'm going to try to get a Heavy Metal Chess Set made where famous Heavy Metal Performers make up the pieces. I was thinking of Ozzy being the King on one side, and Dio being the King on the other side. I love both Heavy Metal, and playing Chess. What does everyone think of the idea?
  • Metalhead_80s
    Petty Officer

Re: Heavy Metal Chess Set!

by Metalhead_80s » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:49 am

I love both! If you find one, please share it here or PM me!

Cheers! :shred:
    Top 10 Wishlist bands for 2024:
    KK's Priest
    Savatage
    Avantasia
    DORO/Warlock
    Over Kill
    The Halo Effect
    Venator
    Sodom
    Tankard
    Beast in Black
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 am

Excellent idea. Would it be singers only or any other band members?
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:58 am

cegr80 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 am Excellent idea. Would it be singers only or any other band members?
    The pawns would be people like all the Megadeth guitarists that weren't Mustaine. lol
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:41 pm

Metalhead_80s wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:49 am I love both! If you find one, please share it here or PM me!

Cheers! :shred:
    Alright! I'm having it custom made. I just don't know of the women who are Heavy Metal Performers to be the Queens. If anyone clicks help me out with that, I would appreciate that.
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:45 pm

toby wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:58 am
    cegr80 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 am Excellent idea. Would it be singers only or any other band members?
    The pawns would be people like all the Megadeth guitarists that weren't Mustaine. lol
    Thank you. That idea would be funny. One idea I have for the pawns is to have long haired head bangers (fans) with horns as the pawns.
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:50 pm

LjlMetal wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:34 pm I'm going to try to get a Heavy Metal Chess Set made where famous Heavy Metal Performers make up the pieces. I was thinking of Ozzy being the King on one side, and Dio being the King on the other side. I love both Heavy Metal, and playing Chess. What does everyone think of the idea?
    Another idea I have is to have Rob Halford, and Bruce Dickinson as the Bishops for one side. Maybe some Drum Players as the Rooks, and Guitar Players as the Knights. In just brain storming, right now. I just need some help for the Queens. I'm not familiar with the women who are in Heavy Metal (singer and/or performer). I'm open to suggestions.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:33 pm

LjlMetal wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:50 pm
    LjlMetal wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:34 pm I'm going to try to get a Heavy Metal Chess Set made where famous Heavy Metal Performers make up the pieces. I was thinking of Ozzy being the King on one side, and Dio being the King on the other side. I love both Heavy Metal, and playing Chess. What does everyone think of the idea?
    Another idea I have is to have Rob Halford, and Bruce Dickinson as the Bishops for one side. Maybe some Drum Players as the Rooks, and Guitar Players as the Knights. In just brain storming, right now. I just need some help for the Queens. I'm not familiar with the women who are in Heavy Metal (singer and/or performer). I'm open to suggestions.
    Considering the era you're gravitating towards, maybe Doro and Lita?
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:53 pm

toby wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:33 pm
    Ok. Thank you. I'll look them up.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:00 pm

LjlMetal wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:53 pm
    toby wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:33 pm

Ok. Thank you. I'll look them up.
    Doro Pesch from Warlock and solo. Lita Ford from the Runaways and solo.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:55 pm

Joan Jett would be worth considering too.

Plenty of other 'queens of metal' options though if you weren't strictly looking at that sort of 70s/80s era.

Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)
    Simone Simons (Epica)
    Sharon Den Adel (Within Temptation)
    Tarja (Nightwish)
    Floor Jansen (Nightwish)

Floor would actually make a GREAT queen for a chess set! So 'amazonian'. She would tower over the other pieces :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:11 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:55 pm Joan Jett would be worth considering too.

Plenty of other 'queens of metal' options though if you weren't strictly looking at that sort of 70s/80s era.

Simone Simons (Epica)
    Tarja (Nightwish)
    Floor Jansen (Nightwish)

Floor would actually make a GREAT queen for a chess set! So 'amazonian'. She would tower over the other pieces :D
    Joan Jett would also be awesome. Plenty of metal queens. I was only offering suggestions based on era. Members of Girlschool would work too, but probably less well known.

if we're throwing in modern era, Britney Slayes has to be up for consideration too. Maybe even Slymenstra or Vulvatron. You wanna talk about some badasses. lol
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:37 pm

toby wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:11 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:55 pm Joan Jett would be worth considering too.

Simone Simons (Epica)
    Tarja (Nightwish)
    Floor Jansen (Nightwish)

Joan Jett would also be awesome. Plenty of metal queens. I was only offering suggestions based on era. Members of Girlschool would work too, but probably less well known.

if we're throwing in modern era, Britney Slayes has to be up for consideration too. Maybe even Slymenstra or Vulvatron. You wanna talk about some badasses. lol
    Ok. Thank you very much. I'll check them out
  • caddee313
    Petty Officer

by caddee313 » Fri May 05, 2023 1:11 pm

LjlMetal wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:37 pm

Simone Simons (Epica)
    Tarja (Nightwish)
    Floor Jansen (Nightwish)

Well the Metal Queen is Canada's own LEE AARON, The real deal female vocalists of the 80's/90's were Dawn Crosby & Karyn Crisis. Modern Era: Kayla Dixon from Witch Mountain & Dress the Dead
  • LjlMetal
    Oiler

by LjlMetal » Thu May 11, 2023 8:54 pm

caddee313 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:11 pm
    LjlMetal wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:37 pm

Well the Metal Queen is Canada's own LEE AARON, The real deal female vocalists of the 80's/90's were Dawn Crosby & Karyn Crisis. Modern Era: Kayla Dixon from Witch Mountain & Dress the Dead
    Thank you for the information.
Post Reply 15 posts Page 1 of 1