Post Reply 232 posts
What bands can be ruled out for the next sailing?
    cowboy71
    Commander

What bands can be ruled out for the next sailing?

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pm

Time to start this again!

DEFINITELY OUT - Touring, not touring, breaking up, etc :)
    Abinchova - splitting up
    An Theos - splitting up
    Gotthard - rescheduled europe tour starts January 11th
    Izegrim - splitting up
    MAGNUM - rescheduled europe tour starts January 11th
    Savage Machine - splitting up
    Skalmold - taking a break

OUT? - only because so-and-so said so, or maybe they are recording
    Demons & Wizards - Hansi and Jon busy with their other bands

OUT? - only because of band member losses

OUT? - Because doing MORC 2021
    Alice Cooper
    Crazy Lixx
    Eclipse
    Kix
    L.A. Guns
    Lit
    Loudness
    Michael Monroe
    Pat Travers
    Pink Cream 69
    Rose Tattoo
    Saxon
    Skid Row
    Tom Keifer
    XYZ

OUT? - Because they cost too much
    Baby Metal
    Gojira (might *just* be within budget)
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Queensryche
    Rammstein
    Nightwish
    etc

OUT! - All bands from 70k 2020 (because, that's the way it is, baby)
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2021?

by cholernik » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:43 am

I was wondering if Children of Bodom will make some sort of line up changes. I can't see those guys staying out for long. I mean, I stopped caring about them like 10+ years ago, just thinking that they'll return eventually
    2020: Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:55 pm

Statsman, you could add Alice Cooper to the ruled out. He will be on MORC 2021.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:15 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pmOUT! - All bands from 70k 2019 (because, that's the way it is, baby)
    U mean all bands from 70K 2020 ;)
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:56 am

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:15 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pmOUT! - All bands from 70k 2019 (because, that's the way it is, baby)
    U mean all bands from 70K 2020 ;)
    a victim of the ol' copy and paste
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:54 pm

cholernik wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:43 am I was wondering if Children of Bodom will make some sort of line up changes. I can't see those guys staying out for long. I mean, I stopped caring about them like 10+ years ago, just thinking that they'll return eventually
    Sounds like there's some definite legal complexities to deal with before that happens. My understanding is that Alexei sold his share of ownership years ago. Thus, the 3 guys who are left are the only ones who have rights to the brand. That may mean that Alexei would need to tour under a new name. The other issue is that all signs point to Alexei having some major health issues. He looked severely underweight on their last US tour. Also, a friend of mine talked to several other members after a show, and they expressed serious concerns over his well being.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:04 pm

Downvod wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:54 pm Sounds like there's some definite legal complexities to deal with before that happens. My understanding is that Alexei sold his share of ownership years ago. Thus, the 3 guys who are left are the only ones who have rights to the brand. That may mean that Alexei would need to tour under a new name. The other issue is that all signs point to Alexei having some major health issues. He looked severely underweight on their last US tour. Also, a friend of mine talked to several other members after a show, and they expressed serious concerns over his well being.
    Yes to basically all of this. He can't use the "Children of Bodom" name anymore, and frankly he did not look well when I saw him in 2019. If this is the band's way of trying to tell him to stop, I respect that and hope he does before he works himself dead.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:58 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:04 pm
    Downvod wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:54 pm Sounds like there's some definite legal complexities to deal with before that happens. My understanding is that Alexei sold his share of ownership years ago. Thus, the 3 guys who are left are the only ones who have rights to the brand. That may mean that Alexei would need to tour under a new name. The other issue is that all signs point to Alexei having some major health issues. He looked severely underweight on their last US tour. Also, a friend of mine talked to several other members after a show, and they expressed serious concerns over his well being.
    Yes to basically all of this. He can't use the "Children of Bodom" name anymore, and frankly he did not look well when I saw him in 2019. If this is the band's way of trying to tell him to stop, I respect that and hope he does before he works himself dead.
    I wonder if he'll use Inearthed as a band name :lol:
    https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Inearthed/32429

I was joking initially, but now I'm thinking that actually could happen.
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:14 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pm
    OUT? - Because they cost too much
    Baby Metal
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Queensryche
    Rammstein
    etc
    Queensryche is not in that echelon of touring act.
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:19 am

DarkMacek wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:14 am
    Queensryche is not in that echelon of touring act.
    I saw them for free at a county fair. So yeah, no, they are not.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pmOUT? - Because they cost too much
    Queensryche
    They are much more likely to be out due to doing MORC than because of their cost. They are regulars on On The Blue cruises.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 am

toby wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 am
    Queensryche
    They are much more likely to be out due to doing MORC than because of their cost. They are regulars on On The Blue cruises.
    Qyeensryche is on Kiss Kruise 10 coming up around Halloween this year !
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:56 pm

metalforever wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 am
    Queensryche
    If you look at the cost to book Queensryche, they are higher than any band that's played 70K. Yes they play MORC cruise all the time, but MORC clearly has more money to throw around than Andy (they got Alice Cooper for goodness sake, and his guarantee is like $300k+!)

Sure their star has faded considerably, but we are still talking about a band that is sold over 20 million albums. I think they are (just) out of Andy's price range.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:20 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:56 pm

If you look at the cost to book Queensryche, they are higher than any band that's played 70K. Yes they play MORC cruise all the time, but MORC clearly has more money to throw around than Andy (they got Alice Cooper for goodness sake, and his guarantee is like $300k+!)

Sure their star has faded considerably, but we are still talking about a band that is sold over 20 million albums. I think they are (just) out of Andy's price range.
    No disrespect, but i think that $300k pricetag has to be old data. Without Geoff, they are (as previously mentioned) a county fair band. They have played a 1,000 capacity venue their past 3 times in Chicago. Tickets this past year were $12.50. That's $12,500 to split up between them, the other bands, and all crew/expenses. You can't tell me they will tour for that kind of money, and then turn down a decent headline slot for a festival.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • DarkMacek
    Oiler

by DarkMacek » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:13 pm

I believe Queensryche's guarantee around the time of the lawsuit was $25k or so.
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:20 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pm OUT? - Because they cost too much
    given that they were due to be on board in 2017 and haven't released anything since 2016's Magma I do hope they are still within budget... and (wishful thinking here !) considering that they had to cancel for personal reasons maybe they feel like they should make up for that and come on 70k whatever their usual guarantee is...
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:45 am

Zed3 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:20 am
    given that they were due to be on board in 2017 and haven't released anything since 2016's Magma I do hope they are still within budget...
    Right, but their announcement came RIGHT after that album came out. They have experienced significant growth in the aftermath following that album's success. I too do not expect Gojira to play 70k anyime in the foreseeable future.

toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:56 pm

We're talking about a band that only contains the bass player and one of the guitarists that were in that band that sold over 20 millions albums. MORC doesn't charge that much more than 70K to think they have that much more money to throw around. Alice either dropped his guarantee, or they're working some kind of package where they are also booking Beasto Blanco (or something along those lines).

I mean, yeah, they might have more money per artist for headliners since they book less bands, but I doubt they have a much bigger total pool of money.
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:16 am

Demons & Wizards - Hansi said no shows the next two years in an interview due him and Jon being busy with their main bands.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:47 am

Izergrim - Quitting after this summer
    Skálmöld - On a break
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • DudeBro
    Oiler

by DudeBro » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Baby Metal
    I don't think they're that expensive. I doubt Kobametal would ever let the divine messengers of the Fox God mingle with us though.
    S:2015, 2020

Airbourne + Babymetal + Crystal Viper + Dethklok + Enforcer + Eternal Champion + Grand Magus + Hell + Slough Feg + Magic Circle + Nekrogoblikon + Powerwolf + Stormwarrior + Sumerlands + The Sword + Visigoth
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:21 pm

well Absu fucking called it quits. My wish list isn't off to a good start
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:33 pm

cholernik wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:21 pm well Absu fucking called it quits. My wish list isn't off to a good start
    some of your wish list bands are playing psycho fest in Las Vegas in August 2020.
    Mayhem
    Watain
    MGLA
    Satyricon
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:15 am

Speedy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:47 am Izergrim - Quitting after this summer

:cry:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 pm

Probably won't rule them out for 70K, but the first bands for Slipknot's "Knotfest at Sea" Cruise in August:

Slipknot
    Behemoth
    Anthrax
    Devildriver
    Sevendust
    Skindred
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:53 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 pm Probably won't rule them out for 70K, but the first bands for Slipknot's "Knotfest at Sea" Cruise in August:

Slipknot
    Behemoth
    Anthrax
    Devildriver
    Sevendust
    Skindred
    If there’s a 6 month “no other cruise” clause, that would rule them out until February.
    But didn’t someone (Bob or mbob) say about Megacruise that they heard about a 3 month clause instead?
    We certainly didn’t get any bands from Megacruise.

Also, beyond any contractual obligation, Andy’s preferences play a larger role, IMO.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:58 pm

LIPSNOT at least is definitely ruled out, since they have their own cruise.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 am

MORC first announcements of bands: Alice Cooper with Crazy Lixx, Eclipse, Kix, L.A. Guns, Lit, Loudness, Michael Monroe, Pat Travers, Pink Cream 69, Rose Tattoo, Saxon, Skid Row, Tom Keifer and XYZ.

Not that any of them would be considered for 2021, but they are now out.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

• metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:59 am

Sgt. B wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 am MORC first announcements of bands: Alice Cooper with Crazy Lixx, Eclipse, Kix, L.A. Guns, Lit, Loudness, Michael Monroe, Pat Travers, Pink Cream 69, Rose Tattoo, Saxon, Skid Row, Tom Keifer and XYZ.

WOW, Alice Cooper a true master showman , had the pleasure of seeing him live 3 times , he never disappoints !
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:20 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 am MORC first announcements of bands: Alice Cooper with Crazy Lixx, Eclipse, Kix, L.A. Guns, Lit, Loudness, Michael Monroe, Pat Travers, Pink Cream 69, Rose Tattoo, Saxon, Skid Row, Tom Keifer and XYZ.

SAXON has been on 70K, and they were on my wishlist.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:49 pm

Godflesh wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:20 pm

Yeah. Saxon have really given 70K the cold shoulder after doing the first cruise :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:48 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:49 pm

Yeah. Saxon have really given 70K the cold shoulder after doing the first cruise :(
    I think Saxon has been booked 2 or 3 times for MORC. They haven't been back on 70K since the 2011 cruise. I'm not sure why they haven't been on another 70K. Not sure if it is Andy or the band. I would love to have them back on.

toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:45 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:48 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:49 pm
    I think Saxon has been booked 2 or 3 times for MORC. They haven't been back on 70K since the 2011 cruise. I'm not sure why they haven't been on another 70K. Not sure if it is Andy or the band. I would love to have them back on.
    I think they were booked for 3 or 4, but pulled out of one because they were going on tour with UFO. They've been on at least 2 that I was on and maybe 3. I think 2017 was the year they pulled out, but I saw them with Priest twice on the Firepower tour, so didn't bother me.
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:08 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 pm Probably won't rule them out for 70K, but the first bands for Slipknot's "Knotfest at Sea" Cruise in August:

Slipknot
    Behemoth
    Anthrax
    Devildriver
    Sevendust
    Skindred
    Don't put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:06 am

Two bands calling it quits:
    - An Theos
    - Savage Machine
    Most people won't notice as they're very little known bands but they are/were on my wishlist (this or past years) so I did...
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • whuhnerJunk
    Oiler

by whuhnerJunk » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:41 pm

Just got a notification that Tyr will be in Minneapolis on New Years day. So I'm going to rule them and whoever else winds up on that rescheduled tour.

While there is the possibility that they could fit in the cruise since they are in the US already, given Andy's track record for planning ahead I'm assuming the 7th-11th are booked for them.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:44 pm

whuhnerJunk wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:41 pm Just got a notification that Tyr will be in Minneapolis on New Years day. So I'm going to rule them and whoever else winds up on that rescheduled tour.

While there is the possibility that they could fit in the cruise since they are in the US already, given Andy's track record for planning ahead I'm assuming the 7th-11th are booked for them.
    You know, I was thinking about 70K in general earlier.

Most bands 'take the hit' financially of not getting paid (or not getting paid MUCH) to do 70K for the publicity and exposure.

But, every band on the planet is getting hit so hard financially because of the current crisis - how many will still be willing to take that hit to do 70K now?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • whuhnerJunk
    Oiler

by whuhnerJunk » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:44 pm
    whuhnerJunk wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:41 pm Just got a notification that Tyr will be in Minneapolis on New Years day. So I'm going to rule them and whoever else winds up on that rescheduled tour.

You know, I was thinking about 70K in general earlier.

Most bands 'take the hit' financially of not getting paid (or not getting paid MUCH) to do 70K for the publicity and exposure.

But, every band on the planet is getting hit so hard financially because of the current crisis - how many will still be willing to take that hit to do 70K now?
    If that's the case I wouldn't be surprised if Visions of Atlantis and Unleash the Archers said "Not without getting paid". Briefly talked to them both since they were already in Minneapolis when the ban hammer came down. Turns out (to nobody's surprise) only getting to do the first 5 shows of a tour hurts you a lot. The term "Massive Financial Disaster" was used a lot and it's one of the few times I've had the chance to talk to a band and NOBODY was smiling. I've been to funerals that had a happier mood.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:14 pm

At least VoA got a few shows in, and UTA would not have had a huuuge travel cost.

Feel for Omnium/Insomnium the most. All the way to the US from Finland for ONE. SHOW. That would have literally left them tens of thousands out of pocket.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • whuhnerJunk
    Oiler

by whuhnerJunk » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:14 pm At least VoA got a few shows in, and UTA would not have had a huuuge travel cost.

Feel for Omnium/Insomnium the most. All the way to the US from Finland for ONE. SHOW. That would have literally left them tens of thousands out of pocket.
    Not to belittle Insominium Gatherum but they have the fanbase to recuperate and had accrued less costs only touring for a day instead of a week that VoA had. Just look at their respective fundraisers IG had multiple huge donations and hit close to their larger target in no time.

With UTA it wasn't the travel costs that hurt them as much. It was all the other costs of touring (food, gas, bus/trailer rental, road crew). I got to hop into their trailer when they were slinging what merch they could and oh boy did they still have a lot of merch they didn't get to sell. They still had planned shows in New York and Brooklyn as well as a headliner Toronto and they had enough merch that they wouldn't run out until the end.

The really dangerous thing about the tour route DF planned was that while it hit some big markets (LA, Chicago, and New York) most of the stops were at tiny venues with lower turn out. There is a reason we here in the US never get a just midwest tour. It's a lot of road between venues that don't hold as much as our cities aren't as big.

Talking with the crew and musicians that afternoon/night I gained a whole new level of respect for touring musicians and crews (especially ones that are their own crews and managers). Dropping a whole bunch of money that you can only hope you make back and maybe get a tiny profit. I don't think I'll ever go another show with out at least dropping some in the tip jar if I can't afford merch.
Post Reply 232 posts