Post Reply 1299 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2023 Megathread
    aleyeahed
    Crewman

Re: 70000TONS OF METAL 2023 Survivor Feedback Survey

by aleyeahed » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:14 am

MMatti wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:46 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:05 pm So now we got the Day 1 Recap video. We are gaining momentum!
    I noticed they cheated by including a brief shot of the 2020 pool boys, lol. On this edition they only had the one guy, I believe. The recap is part recap, and part promo video... :roll:
    The pillars are on the pool deck in part of the video as well, not the palm trees. Freedom isn't free, there's a hefty fuckin fee...
    2024: Survived
    2023: Survived
    2021-2022: Nothing but Desperate Dreams
    2020: Survived
    2019: Survived
    2018 and prior: Eye of the Tiger was the only Survivor I was privy to

202∞ Wish Upon a Fallen Angel List

1914/200.Stab.Wounds/3.Inches.of.Blood/Acerus/Acid.Bath/Act.Of.Impalement/Aephanemer/Afsky/Afterbirth/Agalloch/Air.Raid/Alkaloid/Amalekim/...And.Oceans/Anaal.Nathrakh/An.Abstract.Illusion/Ancient.Empire/Ancient.Mastery/Angrrsth/Antioch/Antrisch/Arcturus/Arkheron.Thodol/Ashenspire/Atavista/Attic/Atvm/Autonoesis/Avantasia/Be'lakor/Belzebubs/Blackbraid/Black.Soul.Horde/Bolt.Thrower/Blut.Aus.Nord/Borknagar/Bütcher/Caladan.Brood/Carpathian.Forest/Chapel.Of.Disease/Cirith.Ungol/Corpsessed/Countless.Skies/Crypts.of.Despair/Crystal.Coffin/Cursebinder/Daeva/Demiser/De.Profundis/Diabolizer/Diamonds.Hadder/Disguised.Malignance/Dissimulator/Dordeduh/Dormant.Ideal/Draconian/Duskmourn/Elderwind/Empyrium/Enforced/Eternal.Storm/Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow/Evil.Invaders/Faceless.Burial/Faithxtractor/Fossilization/Frozen.Dawn/Gaerea/Gallowbraid/Gevurah/Gravesend/Grima/Hath/Havukruunu/Heilung/Helloween/Hellripper/Hot.Graves/Iron.Savior/Judicator/Kanonenfieber/Kardashev/Keel/King.Diamond/Kostnatění/Kvaen/Kryptos/Lamp.Of.Murmuur/Leiþa/Lizzy.Borden/Loviator/Lurid/Malformity/Malokarpatan/Mānbryne/Manticora/Mare.Cognitum/Marrasmieli/Maul/Megaton.Sword/Mephorash/Metal.Church/Mortiferum/Musk.Ox/Misþyrming/Moonlight.Sorcery/Necropanther/Necrophobic/Non.Est.Deus/Nothingness/Obsequiae/Omnicidal/Operus/Overkill/Panzerfaust/Perliaxe.Occlusion/Raider/Rimfrost/Riot.City/Running.Wild/Sacred.Outcry/Second.to.Sun/Schammasch/Selbst/Shylmagoghnar/Sisyphean/Sojourner/Spectral.Voice/Starlight.Ritual/Stormkeep/Stygian.Crown/Suffering.Hour/Sulphur.Aeon/Sumerlands/Sur.Austru/Tankard/The.Committee/The.Night.Eternal/Thron/Thundering.Hooves/Tómarúm/Tower/Traveler/Tribunal/Triumph/Tzompantli/Udande/Úlfúð/Ultha/Unfelled/Véhémence/Vengeful.Spectre/Venator/Visigoth/Vorga/Vorna/Vredhammer/W.A.S.P./Warcrab/Wardruna/Wayfarer/Wayward.Dawn/Wheel.(Germany)/White.Ward/Wings.Of.Steel/Witch.Vomit/Wormwitch/
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:49 am

Can't believe someone said they didn't like Bimini but liked Falmouth, the absolute worst place of all. I'll take Bimini every time. No wind while at sea and Bimini had beaches right there and stores/bars.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:51 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:49 am Can't believe someone said they didn't like Bimini but liked Falmouth, the absolute worst place of all. I'll take Bimini every time. No wind while at sea and Bimini had beaches right there and stores/bars.
    I saw that too, I was shocked. It is difficult to imagine a worse port than Falmouth. It was like an industrial shipyard.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:00 pm

Razor Ramon wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:49 am Can't believe someone said they didn't like Bimini but liked Falmouth, the absolute worst place of all. I'll take Bimini every time. No wind while at sea and Bimini had beaches right there and stores/bars.
    Well look what the gato dragged in.... you haven't been around here in ages
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:38 pm

Phoenix wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:49 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:05 pm So now we got the Day 1 Recap video. We are gaining momentum!
    I also heard that the video said "check back next week for the Day 2 recap" - I really doubt that's gonna happen >.>
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:29 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:38 pm
    I also heard that the video said "check back next week for the Day 2 recap" - I really doubt that's gonna happen >.>
    Andy? Why are you on time with stuff? Fucking weirdo
    I should get around to updating my signature
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:33 am

mooyagi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:29 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:38 pm

Andy? Why are you on time with stuff? Fucking weirdo
    And I know for a fact that day 3 recap is scheduled to be released next week... some things are apparently changing :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:31 am

bodomdragon wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:33 am And I know for a fact that day 3 recap is scheduled to be released next week... some things are apparently changing :D
    I hope that means we'll at least get the cruise dates in good time. Hopefully before August.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:37 am

Phoenix wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:31 am
    bodomdragon wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:33 am And I know for a fact that day 3 recap is scheduled to be released next week... some things are apparently changing :D
    I hope that means we'll at least get the cruise dates in good time. Hopefully before August.
    More like end of April
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:14 am

cegr80 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:37 am
    Phoenix wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:31 am
    More like end of April
    The way things are going, that seems possible!

Though I'm still not getting my hopes up JUST yet.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:55 pm

Agreed. Falmouth was terrible. It's a Royal-built port...and not one of their better ones.

At the port shop, I DID pick up a Gollum ...uh... smoking apparatus, with the pipe sticking right out of his skinny back. Despite the painful appearance, he is grinning maniacally. Totally unauthorized by Tolkien Enterprises, I suspect. :lol:
    (Caveat: I don't imbibe; I just thought it was hilarious.)

As bad as Falmouth is, though....it's not as bad as Freeport.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:09 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:55 pmAs bad as Falmouth is, though....it's not as bad as Freeport.
    Ha! My first Bahamas trip was Freeport. At 18, I thought it was fine (we only went a couple places outside of the resort we were staying at). But I can't imagine it being even at the Nassau level as a cruise port.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

Re: The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2023 Megathread

by slayergeek » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:29 am

So 70K has posted there Day 3 recap, but I have posted my own :) Granted focused on video taken during my shark diving excursion!

On February 1st 2023 eleven 70,000 Ton Survivors took a break from the shows and metal chaos of the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise to go on an epic diving adventure with sharks during a custom shore excursion that was self organized on Facebook.

It was originally booked as a Great Hammerhead Shark encounter dive, and it was that and SO much more.

Here is our story!

https://youtu.be/Nw3VJMicYs0
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    AverageMetalDrummer
    Chief Petty Officer

by AverageMetalDrummer » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:37 pm

slayergeek wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:29 am So 70K has posted there Day 3 recap, but I have posted my own :) Granted focused on video taken during my shark diving excursion!

On February 1st 2023 eleven 70,000 Ton Survivors took a break from the shows and metal chaos of the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise to go on an epic diving adventure with sharks during a custom shore excursion that was self organized on Facebook.

It was originally booked as a Great Hammerhead Shark encounter dive, and it was that and SO much more.

Here is our story!

https://youtu.be/Nw3VJMicYs0
    Great video! Sharks are awesome! That looks like a far better excursion than anything offered by RC. It certainly beats being stranded on a non-functioning boat for several hours with members of Feuerschwanz, which was not nearly as cool as it sounds (to fans).
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:32 pm

AverageMetalDrummer wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:37 pm Great video! Sharks are awesome! That looks like a far better excursion than anything offered by RC. It certainly beats being stranded on a non-functioning boat for several hours with members of Feuerschwanz, which was not nearly as cool as it sounds (to fans).
    Our similar "Snorkeling with Dark Tranquillity" excursion was pretty awesome and I posted some videos to YouTube in this playlist
    here. We departed the dock 2 or more hours AFTER the Feuerschwanz excursion did...and we STILL beat them back.

At $119, the excursion WAS overpriced, but sadly that appears to be a Royal thing generally, not a 70K thing. :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    AverageMetalDrummer
    Chief Petty Officer

by AverageMetalDrummer » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:48 pm

Pellaz wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:32 pm
    Our similar "Snorkeling with Dark Tranquillity" excursion was pretty awesome and I posted some videos to YouTube in this playlist
    here. We departed the dock 2 or more hours AFTER the Feuerschwanz excursion did...and we STILL beat them back.

At $119, the excursion WAS overpriced, but sadly that appears to be a Royal thing generally, not a 70K thing. :evil:
    I tried to stay positive when our boat started spinning in circles. However, after about 45 minutes, the satiety from my breakfast had worn off and I turned into a grumpy ass. Luckily, my wife was there to keep me from getting too cranky. In spite of my mood and hunger, we had a great time snorkeling. I saw stingrays, sea turtles, lots of fish, and even a small shark.

Getting back was worse than heading out to the site. It felt like about two hours before we made it back. To be fair, the two dudes running the boat did the best they could with bad equipment. They were really cool guys. I regret not interacting with the band, but I knew I wouldn’t have been good company with my state of mind being what it was. The good news is, this was my ONLY bad experience on the cruise. I’ll probably skip the excursions from now on and hang out on the beach or something.

I checked out some of your videos, cool stuff. Seeing the shipwreck again brought me back. I agree that it was overpriced, especially given my boat’s experience, but all is well and lessons have been learned.
  • Metalhead_80s
    Petty Officer

by Metalhead_80s » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:53 pm

Well, Day 4 recap was posted today!
    At this rate, can we expect 2024 news next week?!
    Top 10 Wishlist bands for 2024:
    KK's Priest
    Savatage
    Avantasia
    DORO/Warlock
    Over Kill
    The Halo Effect
    Venator
    Sodom
    Tankard
    Beast in Black
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:09 pm

Metalhead_80s wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:53 pm Well, Day 4 recap was posted today!
    No kidding!

Alright, Andy proved me wrong. Andy, give us the dates for 2024 Andy, please and thank you. :D

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:19 am

Phoenix wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:09 pm
    Metalhead_80s wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:53 pm Well, Day 4 recap was posted today!
    No kidding!

Alright, Andy proved me wrong. Andy, give us the dates for 2024 Andy, please and thank you. :D
    And indeed....he DID! :shock:
    2025 Wishlist:
Post Reply 1299 posts