Post Reply 1299 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2023 Megathread
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2023 Megathread

by Andy » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:00 pm

Season's Greetings and Happy Holidays to everyone around the Globe.

Round 11 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will set sail in January 2023!

My team and I are dedicated to making the next edition of this festival the absolute best ever. Details about this event will be released in the near future on our website and across our Social Media channels. Stay tuned for more information!

We can't wait to reunite with our Global Heavy Metal Family in 2023 when we sail through the beautiful Caribbean once again.

Thank you very much for your continued loyalty and undying support, it means the world to both myself and the team.

Sincerely,

Your Skipper and the entire 70000TONS OF METAL team

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Round 11 Of 70000TONS OF METAL Sets Sail In January 2023!

by deathmetalpat » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:02 pm

It’s Alive!
    It’s a Christmas miracle.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:23 pm

GODS BE PRAISED!

Thanks for the xmas present skipper!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:57 am

This video was scheduled to air late October 2022, but was accidentally leaked today :D
    This is super good news, and timely. Now Mrs Godflesh and I know we need to save a week of vacation days in 2022.
    "Thanks Andy for the heads-up", said no one ever, nowhere. Until today.
    taraimaro
    Oiler

by taraimaro » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:17 am

Great news! :headbanger: It good to know that there's a date or at least the month for the next cruise. See you all in January 2023! :cheers:

I'm also curious about the new ship. If it's still Royal Caribbean I'd guess either of Indy's sisters, because the bigger Oasis ships don't have similar pool deck (the ship is open in the middle), but Harmony sails from Port Everglades and Oasis from Miami.

According to RCC's website Indy is sailing from Orlando in January 2023, so I'd guess we'll really go on another boat if and when 70K still will depart from South Florida. Indy's sister Liberty sails from Port Everglades and the third sister Freedom from Miami. But then out of the bigger ships the Quantum class could maybe be an option based on the photos of the pool deck: Odyssey sails from Pt. Everglades. I'm not very familiar with other cruise companies fleet or those boat used for other music cruises.

I didn't go on the cruise when it was still on Majesty, but I've liked Indy very much.
    2017 - survivor
    2018 - survivor
    2019 - survivor
    2020 - survivor
    2023 - survivor
    2024 - survivor
    2025 - I wanna go already!
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:04 am

Holy toledo!

A sign of life!
    Land ahoy!

G/f today told me there was a video update at Xmas family gathering today and I had to see it to believe it.
    Bloody awesome!

2012 - survivor
    2013 - survivor
    2014 - survivor
    2015 - survivor
    2020 - survivor

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:34 am

taraimaro wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:17 am Great news! :headbanger: It good to know that there's a date or at least the month for the next cruise. See you all in January 2023! :cheers:

I'm also curious about the new ship. If it's still Royal Caribbean I'd guess either of Indy's sisters, because the bigger Oasis ships don't have similar pool deck (the ship is open in the middle), but Harmony sails from Port Everglades and Oasis from Miami.

According to RCC's website Indy is sailing from Orlando in January 2023, so I'd guess we'll really go on another boat if and when 70K still will depart from South Florida. Indy's sister Liberty sails from Port Everglades and the third sister Freedom from Miami. But then out of the bigger ships the Quantum class could maybe be an option based on the photos of the pool deck: Odyssey sails from Pt. Everglades. I'm not very familiar with other cruise companies fleet or those boat used for other music cruises.

I didn't go on the cruise when it was still on Majesty, but I've liked Indy very much.
    I seriously doubt they’d go with a bigger boat after the 3 year pause. It’ll be the same size or smaller, I’d imagine. You need momentum on your side when growing or expanding the business.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:15 am

Wowee, a sign of life! Time to bring a tab of this website open again :)

I think it's probably too early to commit, but uh, I have my eye on this...

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:35 pm

70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:22 pm

It lives! It would be amazing to be up on that boat again with all you beautiful (on the inside) people. :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:14 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:22 pm It lives! It would be amazing to be up on that boat again with all you beautiful (on the inside) people. :cheers:
    A few of us on the Outside too! 😂
    I miss our 70k family so much!!! I need our boat back so bad, I miss the community on this forum from over a decade ago. I’m not drunk, but a little tipsy. This yearly adventure has provided me so many amazing memories. Let’s make this happen again!!!
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:20 am

A totally unexpected christmas gift (and best I got this year), can't wait (just a way of speaking as I'm totally ready not hear a single word from Andy for the next 6 months :D) to know more about the sip, destination etc. \m/
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • progsteph
    Crewman

by progsteph » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:57 am

So happy to hear something! Great that it is going, but also a little bit disappointed, as other music cruises seem to go in February and may 2022. i was hoping may or November will be possible in 2022. going January 23 is still not sure, who knows what variant is blocking the world again then. in summer it seems easier to travel...
    2017 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2020 survivor

Wishlist: Avatarium/Blind Guardian/Behemoth/Dimmu Borgir/Dream Theater/In Flames/Lacuna Coil/Machine Head/Oceans of Slumber/Paradise Lost/Savatage/Slayer/Stratovarius/Vanden Plas/Vuur/Zeal&Ardor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:59 pm

I applaud the skipper for not rushing into it. Omicron is proof that its still a touch early to be locking things in.

Even my trip to Sweden in August for Sabaton Open Air is looking shaky.

But I hold out hope that January 2023 will be a go :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:54 am

Fantastic to get communication about the next cruise. I'd go in Feb 2022 if it were to happen, but that doesn't seem possible for people in some countries. I look forward to more communications from the team. Is this the earliest announcement ever for 70k? Over a year ahead of time.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:35 pm

Yippee38 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:54 am Fantastic to get communication about the next cruise. I'd go in Feb 2022 if it were to happen, but that doesn't seem possible for people in some countries. I look forward to more communications from the team. Is this the earliest announcement ever for 70k? Over a year ahead of time.
    Apart from the very first 70k. First 70k was announced about a year and a half beforehand, with the first bands announced 13 months before sailing.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:01 am

Hope it won't be long before we start getting some firm details.

- dates
    - boat/cruiseline
    - destination (and departure point - will that remain the same?)

and of course, BANDS!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:04 am

I was definitely surprised when I saw Andy's video on Xmas eve.

I'm glad we got some news, but we are still very far away from a potential sailing date
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:54 pm

Thrilled to hear 70k is alive, even if we’ll have to miss this one. Already have a big group doing Psycho Fest in August (booked since I figured 70k wouldn’t be happening), and I think the missus might murder me if I try to do 70k as well.

Will keep fingers crossed for 2024.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:39 pm

Hey Andy, we are still owed a Day 2 recap for 2020
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:59 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:39 pm Hey Andy, we are still owed a Day 2 recap for 2020
    #SOON
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:26 am

See you all in January 2023! :cheers:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:16 am

Yes, it WAS indeed a Christmas miracle!

I first heard about Andy's video moments after I got off the air doing the Christmas edition of our radio show, so it was pretty damned awesome to be able to go back on the air and announce to the teeming masses that 70K was NOT actually dead. :lol:
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:01 am Hope it won't be long before we start getting some firm details.

- dates
    - boat/cruiseline

and of course, BANDS!
    This will be interesting. As others have posted, I can't see them going with a bigger ship straight out of the pandemic. The Freedom-class ships have shifted around a lot. And we're assuming that UMC will be sticking with Royal, which is a likely, but by no means guaranteed, assumption. :shock:

Someone mentioned Orlando as a departure port. That would be Port Canaveral, which is a viable option for Caribbean cruises (although it IS farther north than Miami or Port Everglades). I sailed out of Port Canaveral in October aboard Mardi Gras and I liked the port. There are actually bars and stuff right BY the port, too.

See y'all next January. I have the money saved up...and about 8x more. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:36 am

Pellaz wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:16 am Yes, it WAS indeed a Christmas miracle!

I first heard about Andy's video moments after I got off the air doing the Christmas edition of our radio show, so it was pretty damned awesome to be able to go back on the air and announce to the teeming masses that 70K was NOT actually dead. :lol:
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:01 am Hope it won't be long before we start getting some firm details.

- dates
    - boat/cruiseline

and of course, BANDS!
    This will be interesting. As others have posted, I can't see them going with a bigger ship straight out of the pandemic. The Freedom-class ships have shifted around a lot. And we're assuming that UMC will be sticking with Royal, which is a likely, but by no means guaranteed, assumption. :shock:

Someone mentioned Orlando as a departure port. That would be Port Canaveral, which is a viable option for Caribbean cruises (although it IS farther north than Miami or Port Everglades). I sailed out of Port Canaveral in October aboard Mardi Gras and I liked the port. There are actually bars and stuff right BY the port, too.

See y'all next January. I have the money saved up...and about 8x more. :D
    Do you know if reduced occupancy guidelines are still in effect?
    I’d take 50% of a twice bigger boat…
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:50 am

Godflesh wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:36 am Do you know if reduced occupancy guidelines are still in effect?
    I’d take 50% of a twice bigger boat…
    This appears to vary by cruise line.
    On our cruise we were at about 70% capacity. This was Carnival's brand-new ship, so it is in high demand.
    I thought it was just about perfect. Enough people for the ship to have a decently lively crowd, but the lines were short, it was easy to make reservations for restaurants (many of which were free for us), and the only "busy" spots were the comedy shows, for which Carnival is famous.

Others have reported smaller capacities on other lines. Royal seems to be running at 40-50% and the videos I've seen on some of their ships made them look like ghost towns, which is a bit of a downer.
    The varying max capacities don't seem to make much of a difference since ships from ALL lines are showing in "yellow" status on CDC's website, in roughly the same percentages.

All lines are required to set aside an area for quarantining passengers on board, usually a block of cabins aft or forward. Trouble is, ships' crew have been getting COVID in large numbers, and several ships have been designated as "quarantine ships" where crew go to serve out their quarantine "sentences." Conditions on those ships have been rumored to be...less than great. :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Sailors! Prepare Your Wishlists For 70000TONS OF METAL 2023!

by Andy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:00 pm

Sailors, Round 11 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will set sail in January 2023 and we're more excited than ever to have you all join us as we make our way through the beautiful Caribbean again!

We really want to know which bands you want to see next January, so let us know right here in the Official 70000TONS OF METAL forum.

• eddie_beast
    Oiler

Re: Sailors! Prepare Your Wishlists For 70000TONS OF METAL 2023!

by eddie_beast » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:12 pm

Andy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:00 pm Sailors, Round 11 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will set sail in January 2023 and we're more excited than ever to have you all join us as we make our way through the beautiful Caribbean again!

We really want to know which bands you want to see next January, so let us know right here in the Official 70000TONS OF METAL forum.

Only these please:

Amon Amarth
    Angel Dust
    Circus Maximus
    Crimson Glory
    Dark Tranquillity
    Die Apopalyptischen Reiter
    Dream Theater
    Dynazty
    Gama Bomb
    Into Eternity
    Ivory Tower
    Lords of Black
    Majestica
    Myrath
    Nocturnal Rites
    Powerwolf
    Royal Hunt
    Satan
    Seventh Wonder
    Shadow Gallery
    Symphony X
    UFO
    Under Threat
    Wuthering Heights
  • zboy
    Oiler

by zboy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:47 pm

Symphony X
    Act of defiance
    Rings of Saturn
    Obscura
    Alterbeast
    Impelliteri
    Yngwie Malsmsteen
    Axel Rudi Pell
    Uli jon Roth
    Cannibal Corpse
    Lacuna Coil
    Testament
    Michael Schencker
    Overkill
    Metal Church
    Doro
    Arch Enemy
    Jag Panzer
    Carcass
    Cynic
    Fear Factory
    Blotted Science
    Nuclear Assault
    Cathedral
    Cradle of Filth
    Abbath
    Katatonia
    Moonspell
    Mercyful Fate (yeah right....)
    My dying bride
    Winterfall
    Between the Buried and Me
    Fallujah
    Gorguts
    Amon Amarth
    High on Fire

thanks for consideration
  • The Sleeve
    Wiper

by The Sleeve » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:52 pm

Overkill, Life of Agony, Amorphis, Immortal Guardian, Voices of Ruin, Vintersea, Vision of Disorder
  • ancientmetal
    Wiper

by ancientmetal » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:53 pm

:death: My Wish list of 70000tons 2023 :bangers:

Catamenia

Cradle of Filth

Destruction

Dimmu Borgir

Dragonlord

Goatwhore

Immortal

Rotting Christ

Satyricon

Sodom

Kreator

Armored Saint

Testament

Nervosa

Crypta

Amon Amarth

Samael

Amorphis

Body Count

Death Angel

Exodus

Onslaught

Flotsam & Jetsam

Overkill

Metal Church

Dragonforce

Firewind

Accept

KK's Priest

Amaranthe

Sirenia

Within Temptation

Draconian

Katatonia

October Tide

Candlemass

Suicidal Tendence

Hypocrisy

Six Feet Under

The Haunted

Vader

Thanks!! I'll see you soon! 🤘
    www.werockpr.com
  • milletquin
    Wiper

by milletquin » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:53 pm

Powerwolf
    Running Wild
    Beast in Black
    Orden Ogan
    Månegarm
    Wind Rose
    Sabaton
    Grailknights
    Brothers of metal
    Stratovarius
    Gamma Ray
    Ensiferum
    Alestorm
    Amon Amarth
    Freedom Call
    Insomnium
    Dark Tranquillity
    Atavistia
    Aephanemer
    Atlas pain
    Skull fist
    angst_cc
    Oiler

by angst_cc » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:24 pm

Of course I want:

Death Angel
    Scarecrow
    Carcass
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:43 pm

The Sleeve wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:52 pm Overkill, Life of Agony, Amorphis, Immortal Guardian, Voices of Ruin, Vintersea, Vision of Disorder
    Wow... never thought I'd see VoD on a 70k wishlist!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:15 pm

Glad to see you all again, away from FB and already looking forward to see you again onbroad in January 2023 :death:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:17 pm

Good to be back in business :D

Have taken the wishlists here that haven't been replicated in the 'unofficial' wishlist thread and added them to my stats :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • stphnsantiesteban
    Wiper

by stphnsantiesteban » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:26 pm

:bitch:Blind guardian
    Blind guardian
    Blind guardian
    Blind guardian
    Blind guardian :beerbang: :beerbang:
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:35 pm

Andy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:00 pm
    WOOHOOOOO

Accept
    After Forever
    Alestorm
    Amorphis
    Angra
    Annihilator
    Body Count
    Cradle Of Filth
    Critical Mess
    Chaoseum
    Cynic
    Danko Jones
    Dark Lunacy
    Dark Tranquillity
    Dead Label
    Deathless Legacy
    Destruction
    Diablo Swing Orchestra
    Dimmu Borgir
    Edguy
    Edu Falaschi
    Equilibrium
    Evergrey
    Epica
    Final Disaster
    Gotthard
    Infected Rain
    In Flames
    Insomnium
    Jinjer
    Kontrust
    Kreator
    Megara
    Mors Principium Est
    Nanowar Of Steel
    Nervosa
    Nightwish
    Onslaught
    Overkill
    Perzonal War
    Primal Fear
    Poisonblack
    Queensryche
    Rammstein
    Raven Black
    Rotting Christ
    Reclaim The Silence
    Sabaton
    Scar Symmetry
    Sepultura
    Shaman
    Slashy Sue
    Soilwork
    Spiritbox
    Splintered Halo
    Spoil Engine
    Swashbuckle
    The Halo Effect
    The Night Flight Orchestra
    Torture Squad
    TrollFest
    Tuatha De Danann
    Turisas
    Within Temptation
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • Goblin King
    Wiper

by Goblin King » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:07 pm

Blind Guardian
    Judicator
    Helion Prime
    Nekrogoblikon
    Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
    Gamma Ray
    Triptykon
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 pm

Angel Witch
    Anthrax
    Battlelore
    Beast in Black
    Blind Guardian
    Blood Ceremony
    Brothers of Metal
    Brutal Sphincter
    Crystal Viper
    Doro
    Dream Spirit
    Gorepot
    Gutalax
    Insanity Alert
    Jaldaboath
    Lord Vigo
    Maximum the Hormone
    Nanowar of Steel
    Porky Vagina
    Rectal Smegma
    Running Wild
    Scardust
    Sigh
    Spasm
    Swashbuckle
    Tanith
    Terasbetoni
    Uli Jon Roth
    Unto Others
    Vaginal Penetration of an Amelus with a Musty Carrot
    WASP
    Wintersun
    Within Temptation

In DIRE need of some Goregrind especially
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Andy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:00 pm Sailors, Round 11 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will set sail in January 2023 and we're more excited than ever to have you all join us as we make our way through the beautiful Caribbean again!

January 2023... Why January? SuperBowl is not in Florida in 2023. I really hope the sailing date gets pushed to late January. My only issue with early January is that flights are still expensive due to the holiday season
Post Reply 1299 posts