The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2023 Megathread
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: Born Of Dragons

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:37 pm

Pellaz wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:32 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:08 pm
    Cardest wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:25 pm
    We come from all corners of the globe for this brilliant cruise.
    I would love to see more regions represented, that's all.
    True, but give Skipper some credit. Many (myself included) expected this cruise to be 50% or more American bands due to the neverending Covid situation.

As it stands, America and Germany tie for band representation at 10 apiece, 6 Sweden, 5 Finland, 4 Italy.... its for me anyway, still a FAR better mix than expected!!
    Absolutely THIS. I'm surprised that we've seen this much variety in band origins. Frankly, I never expected it and figured Andy would take an easier route and book a lot of North American bands. We were all expecting it and while there would have been a lot of complaining, no-one would have been too surprised.

Dragonforce is a fairly hefty add.

"I"n Extremo? "I"mmortal? (not likely, but fuck that would be awesome) "I"ced Ear-- Nahh. :lol:
    Yes, we were all expecting mostly North American bands due to travel restrictions, and the opposite happened: 11 NA bands out of 55.
    In the last cruise, there were 30.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:40 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:37 pm
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:08 pm
    True, but give Skipper some credit. Many (myself included) expected this cruise to be 50% or more American bands due to the neverending Covid situation.

As it stands, America and Germany tie for band representation at 10 apiece, 6 Sweden, 5 Finland, 4 Italy.... its for me anyway, still a FAR better mix than expected!!
    Absolutely THIS. I'm surprised that we've seen this much variety in band origins. Frankly, I never expected it and figured Andy would take an easier route and book a lot of North American bands. We were all expecting it and while there would have been a lot of complaining, no-one would have been too surprised.

Dragonforce is a fairly hefty add.

"I"n Extremo? "I"mmortal? (not likely, but fuck that would be awesome) "I"ced Ear-- Nahh. :lol:
    Yes, we were all expecting mostly North American bands due to travel restrictions, and the opposite happened: 11 NA bands out of 55.
    In the last cruise, there were 30.
    DAMN that Skipper! Always zigging when we expect him to zag. :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:45 pm

Not my cup of tea, but good for the ones who like them.

Irreversible Mechanism, Inferi or In Flames
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:58 pm

Pellaz wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:40 pm
    And that's why we love him.

He always keeps us guessing :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:16 pm

Definitely a surprise announcement considering we're about a week out. A definite 2 setter and a big mood lift from a string 0 tier and 0 set bands since Dear Mother for me
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:41 am

"I"mmortal or "I"ced Earth would both be friggin' amazing. (can we swear here?)
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:08 am

cegr80 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:45 pm Not my cup of tea, but good for the ones who like them.

Irreversible Mechanism, Inferi or In Flames
    Irreversible Mechanism would be really nifty.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:12 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:58 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:40 pm
    And that's why we love him.

He always keeps us guessing :lol:
    For very, VERY wide definitions of "love." :lol: :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:41 am

Yippee38 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:41 am
    Iced Earth, sure, very likely... :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:42 am

bodomdragon wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:41 am
    Iced Earth, sure, very likely... :D
    Perhaps they meant IN FLAMES.
    I confuse them all the time, since I never listened to either.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:48 am

It's relatively safe to say that Iced Earth is no more.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • rocking apple
    Crewman

by rocking apple » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:04 am

In Extremo
    Iron Reagan and
    IRON MAIDEN ;-)
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:16 am

rocking apple wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:04 am In Extremo
    Iron Reagan and
    IRON MAIDEN ;-)
    Yes, Maiden does have a suspicious gap in their tour dates. I expect that Andy will announce them as we are boarding.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:48 am

Downvod wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:16 am
    Iron Reagan and
    IRON MAIDEN ;-)
    Yes, Maiden does have a suspicious gap in their tour dates. I expect that Andy will announce them as we are boarding.
    I think Steve lives at least part of the year in the Bahamas. lol
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:41 am

Downvod wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:16 amYes, Maiden does have a suspicious gap in their tour dates. I expect that Andy will announce them as we are boarding.
    You are a funny fella, :lol:

Could you imagine that, tho? Iron Maiden on our precious boat?
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:21 pm

cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:41 am
    Downvod wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:16 amYes, Maiden does have a suspicious gap in their tour dates. I expect that Andy will announce them as we are boarding.

Still more likely than the chuckleheads who think Iced Earth is ever going to play the boat again
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:24 pm

MuzakMaker wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:21 pm

Still more likely than the chuckleheads who think Iced Earth is ever going to play the boat again
    They're unlikely to play ANYWHERE ever again. I have no doubt that Jon owns the name, and he's supposedly going into Witness Protection if/when he gets out of prison.
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:27 pm

I'm wondering it they've played together without the production that is a Maiden shed show in several decades.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:58 pm

toby wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:48 am
    Downvod wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:16 am
    Iron Reagan and
    IRON MAIDEN ;-)
    I think Steve lives at least part of the year in the Bahamas. lol
    And of course Nicko owns a really good BBQ restaurant, Rock'n'Roll Ribs, not too far north of Miami in Coconut Creek. If Maiden isn't on tour he often stops by in the afternoons. We've missed him by less than an hour since, if we're driving, we'd stop by there on the drive up from the cruise port. And yes, there is LOTS of rare Maiden stuff on the walls. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:58 pmAnd of course Nicko owns a really good BBQ restaurant....
    That's debatable. As an ex-texan, I can say those BBQ ribs are subpar at most
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:35 am

cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:58 pmAnd of course Nicko owns a really good BBQ restaurant....
    Yeah, he was one of the artists at a metal Rock Camp early last year, and on the day he came to camp, he catered the lunch. Consensus was it was just alright. But he's the draw to the place and not the food. He's cool as hell. I think British Lion would be doable (they've done MORC once or twice), but Maiden wouldn't know how to play to a crowd as 'small' as 70K. lol
  • Mudslides
    Oiler

by Mudslides » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:47 am

toby wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:35 am
    cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 pm
    Yeah, he was one of the artists at a metal Rock Camp early last year, and on the day he came to camp, he catered the lunch. Consensus was it was just alright. But he's the draw to the place and not the food. He's cool as hell. I think British Lion would be doable (they've done MORC once or twice), but Maiden wouldn't know how to play to a crowd as 'small' as 70K. lol
    Well, they did during the late 90's…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_XI_World_Tour
    Upcoming gigs
    MonoInc (Gelsenkirchen/Sept) PowerMetalQuestFest (Birmingham/Sept), WillieNelson (Tampa/Oct), Deathstars (Karlstad/Dec), EpicFest (Roskilde/January), 70000TonsOfMetal (Miami/January), MonstersOfRockCruise (Miami/March)
    2024 Wishlist
    AirRaid-/-AllForMetal-/-AmonAmarth-/-Astralion-/-BattleBeast-/-BurningPoint-/-CryonicTemple-/-CrystalViper-/-Dampf-/-Desdemona-/-DevilsGun-/-Drakkar-/-Dreamtale-/-Eclipse-/-Fellowship-/-Freternia-/-FrozenLand-/-Galderia-/-GammaRay-/-GhostShipOctavius-/-HammerFall-/-HammerKing-/-HeavensGate-/-HeavyLoad-/-Helloween-/-IronFire-/-Ironflame-/-JoanJett-/-Kissin'Dynamite-/-Krokus-/-Kvaen-/-Ludor-/-Majestica-/-Majesty-/-Manowar-/-MariusDanielsen-/-MeanStreak-/-Metalite-/-MonoInc-/-MägoDeOz-/-PatBenatar-/-Powerwolf-/-Pyogenesis-/-Rexoria-/-RiotV-/-RunningWild-/-SacredOutcry-/-Saxon-/-Screamer-/-Shadowquest-/-SilentKnight-/-Stormburner-/-Stormhammer-/-Stormwarrior-/-Stormwitch-/-Taberah-/-TheLightbringerOfSweden-/-TheStoryteller-/-TokyoBlade-/-Venator-/-Victorious-/-VirginSteele-/-Visigoth-/-WASP-/-WhiteSkull-/-Wolfpakk
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:01 am

Mudslides wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:47 am
    cegr80 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 pm That's debatable. As an ex-texan, I can say those BBQ ribs are subpar at most

We could probably easily get Blaze. But if you have to go back 20+ years to find a show that small, that kinda illustrates my point. lol
  • Mudslides
    Oiler

by Mudslides » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:03 am

toby wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:01 am
    Mudslides wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:47 am

We could probably easily get Blaze. But if you have to go back 20+ years to find a show that small, that kinda illustrates my point. lol
    Indeed, haha. Back to reality…
    Upcoming gigs
    MonoInc (Gelsenkirchen/Sept) PowerMetalQuestFest (Birmingham/Sept), WillieNelson (Tampa/Oct), Deathstars (Karlstad/Dec), EpicFest (Roskilde/January), 70000TonsOfMetal (Miami/January), MonstersOfRockCruise (Miami/March)
    2024 Wishlist
    AirRaid-/-AllForMetal-/-AmonAmarth-/-Astralion-/-BattleBeast-/-BurningPoint-/-CryonicTemple-/-CrystalViper-/-Dampf-/-Desdemona-/-DevilsGun-/-Drakkar-/-Dreamtale-/-Eclipse-/-Fellowship-/-Freternia-/-FrozenLand-/-Galderia-/-GammaRay-/-GhostShipOctavius-/-HammerFall-/-HammerKing-/-HeavensGate-/-HeavyLoad-/-Helloween-/-IronFire-/-Ironflame-/-JoanJett-/-Kissin'Dynamite-/-Krokus-/-Kvaen-/-Ludor-/-Majestica-/-Majesty-/-Manowar-/-MariusDanielsen-/-MeanStreak-/-Metalite-/-MonoInc-/-MägoDeOz-/-PatBenatar-/-Powerwolf-/-Pyogenesis-/-Rexoria-/-RiotV-/-RunningWild-/-SacredOutcry-/-Saxon-/-Screamer-/-Shadowquest-/-SilentKnight-/-Stormburner-/-Stormhammer-/-Stormwarrior-/-Stormwitch-/-Taberah-/-TheLightbringerOfSweden-/-TheStoryteller-/-TokyoBlade-/-Venator-/-Victorious-/-VirginSteele-/-Visigoth-/-WASP-/-WhiteSkull-/-Wolfpakk
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:32 am

Iron Reagan and
    IRON MAIDEN ;-)
    INXS
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Slam Down With These Jams

by Andy » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:11 pm

The pioneers of slam, INTERNAL BLEEDING, will make their way through the Caribbean onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL and deliver two crushing performances, once on our way to beautiful Bimini and once on the way back!

Up next we have something truly special... three bands representing three different genres of metal from three countries that have never had Artist representation onbroad our event before. With so many people from so many nations and a multitude of cultures all mixed together on our mighty vessel we truly are the United Nations of Heavy Metal at Sea!

• progsteph
    Crewman

Re: Slam Down With These Jams

by progsteph » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:28 pm

hm...so could have been in flames, in mourning or in whatever....after the three band announcement, one more left (or still one more after that). wonder which countries/bands never been on, if there is a name i know already...
    2017 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2020 survivor

Wishlist: Avatarium/Blind Guardian/Behemoth/Dimmu Borgir/Dream Theater/In Flames/Lacuna Coil/Machine Head/Oceans of Slumber/Paradise Lost/Savatage/Slayer/Stratovarius/Vanden Plas/Vuur/Zeal&Ardor
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:29 pm

Why not Myrath?
  • progsteph
    Crewman

by progsteph » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:34 pm

myrath would be very cool, but also worth a single announcement
    2017 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2020 survivor

Wishlist: Avatarium/Blind Guardian/Behemoth/Dimmu Borgir/Dream Theater/In Flames/Lacuna Coil/Machine Head/Oceans of Slumber/Paradise Lost/Savatage/Slayer/Stratovarius/Vanden Plas/Vuur/Zeal&Ardor
  • creptorstatus
    Petty Officer

by creptorstatus » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:44 pm

Somebody's gotta have a list of countries with bands never been on the cruise.. can't imagine its too big.

Any South African bands ever been on? Vulvodynia would be sick.
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor

:whisky:
  • eddie_beast
    Oiler

by eddie_beast » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:58 pm

creptorstatus wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:44 pm Somebody's gotta have a list of countries with bands never been on the cruise.. can't imagine its too big.

Any South African bands ever been on? Vulvodynia would be sick.
    Same question, I'm putting Skyforger from Latvia, Lords of Black from Spain and XJapan, but mot sure if those countries had been represented before.
  • creptorstatus
    Petty Officer

by creptorstatus » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:02 pm

XJapan
    Would be a dream but there has already been a Japanese band on before - Gyze.
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor

:whisky:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:11 pm

creptorstatus wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:44 pmSomebody's gotta have a list of countries with bands never been on the cruise.. can't imagine its too big.
    This is clearly a job for @cowboy71, aka STATSMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:12 pm

haven't had a Kiwi band before - kids from Alien Weaponry would RULE.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:24 pm

progsteph wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:34 pm myrath would be very cool, but also worth a single announcement
    Just the first band that came to mind that 1) has never been onbroad, 2) is from a country not yet represented, and 3) has been on my wishlist lol
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:35 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:11 pm
    creptorstatus wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:44 pmSomebody's gotta have a list of countries with bands never been on the cruise.. can't imagine its too big.
    This is clearly a job for @cowboy71, aka STATSMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!
    The list is freaking massive actually. According to my spreadsheet, we've only had 35 countries represented in total.

A couple that come to mind straight away:

New Zealand - Sojourner, or Alien Weaponry
    Ukraine - Ignea, (Jinjer would be cool too but they are ruled out)
    Serbia - The Big Deal
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:45 pm

Easily my favourite clue in a while just for all the spreadsheet fun I had

I'm hoping for Alien Weaponry (New Zealand), Bloodywood (India), and Infected Rain (Moldovia)

And here's some bonus "First Time Country" stats since I collated it anyways

Past First timer country totals
    2011: 10 (Canada Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, UK, US )
    2012: 6 (Belgium, Denmark, Isreal, Norway, Scotland, Switzerland)
    2013: 4 (Brazil, France, Hungary, Italy)
    2014: 1 (Austria)
    2015: 3 (Australia, Colombia, Poland)
    2016: 2 (Greece, Iceland)
    2017: 0
    2018: 2 (Estonia, Japan)
    2019: 1 (Andorra)
    2020: 1 (Mexico)
    2023: 5 (Slovenia, Spain, X, Y, Z)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:50 pm

35 countries represented to date, and according to google there are 195 countries in the world - quite a few options!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:53 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:12 pm haven't had a Kiwi band before - kids from Alien Weaponry would RULE.
    I think this is a shoe in. they are on Napalm Records.. and a great band..How many bands would that make from Napalm, 12 or 13 ? :shred:
    Last edited by mindgrind on Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:54 pm

MuzakMaker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:45 pm2015: 3 (Australia, Colombia, Poland)
    Who played from Australia in 2015? I know Wikipedia is not accurate, but I do not see an australian band in that year's lineup
Post Reply 1299 posts