Post Reply 1299 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2023 Megathread
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Slam Down With These Jams

by MuzakMaker » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:56 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:54 pm
    MuzakMaker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:45 pm2015: 3 (Australia, Colombia, Poland)
    Who played from Australia in 2015? I know Wikipedia is not accurate, but I do not see an australian band in that year's lineup
    Claim the Throne from Perth
    (Unless there is another Claim the Throne, I wasn't on that year so it's possible I grabbed the wrong band with the same name)
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:08 pm

MuzakMaker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:56 pm
    Who played from Australia in 2015? I know Wikipedia is not accurate, but I do not see an australian band in that year's lineup
    (Unless there is another Claim the Throne, I wasn't on that year so it's possible I grabbed the wrong band with the same name)
    Nah absolutely correct - the lads and lass from Claim the Throne were already in the US for a tour IIRC, and were literally going to be cruisers on 70k ANYWAY, so begged and pleaded and got to play :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    dws515
    Oiler

by dws515 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:29 pm

Ne Obliviscaris played in 2019, they're Aussies
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:33 pm

dws515 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:29 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:54 pm Who played from Australia in 2015? I know Wikipedia is not accurate, but I do not see an australian band in that year's lineup
    Yes, but this was specifically about the FIRST time a country was represented on board
    3.Inches.of.Blood-A.Sound.of.Thunder-Adamantis-Aether.Realm-AfterTime-Alien.Weaponry-Amaranthe-Amorphis-Ancient.Bards-Andy.Gillion-Anneke.van.Giersbergen-Apocalyptica-Archon.Angel-Ascension-Atavistia-Auridius-Avantasia-Axxis-Battle.Beast-Beast.in.Black-Blind.Guardian-Bloodbound-Body.Count-Butcher.Babies-Cains.Offering-Civil.War-Cybertronic.Spree-Cyhra-Dear.Mother-Deathless.Legacy-Dethlehem-Devin.Townsend-Dialith-Dovas-Dragonforce-Dragonland-Dragony-Droids.Attack-Edge.of.Paradise-Edguy-Eluveitie-ElvenKing-Empress-Ensiferum-Epica-Exit.Eden-Fellowship-FeuerSchwanz-Firewind-First.Fragment-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-Freedom.Call-Galneryus-Gone.in.April-Grailknights-Grand.Magus-Grave.Digger-Green.Death-Greyhawk-Gyze/Ryujin-Hammerfall-Heavatar-Helion.Prime-Hellryder-Ice.Giant-Immortal.Guardian-In.Flames-Infected.Rain-Iron.Kingdom-Iron.Savior-Jeff.Scott.Soto-Jinjer-Jorn-Kamelot-King.Gizzard.and.the.Lizard.Wizard-Knight.of.the.Round-Knightmare-Lacuna.Coil-Lizzy.Borden-Lordi-Lords.of.the.Trident-Magnum-Majestica-Master.Sword-MaYaN-Mega.Colossus-Meshuggah-Moonlight.Haze-Myrath-Night.Demon-Nightmare-Nightwish-Of.Romulus-Orden.Ogan-Overkill-Paladin-Plague.of.Stars-Powerglove-Pretty.Maids-Psychostick-Queen.of.Dreams-Ravenous.EH-Sabaton-Sascha.Paeth's.Master.of.Ceremony-Scorched.Moon-Seven.Kingdoms-Seven.Spires-Sonata.Arctica-Steelhammer-Striker-Tarot-Tenacious.D-Theocracy-Throne.of.Iron-Traveler-Turisas-Twighlight.Force-Tyr-Uncle.Acid.&.the.Deadbeats-Unleash.the.Archers-Untoothers-Van.Canto-Visions.of.Atlantis-Volbeat-Vuur-While.She.Sleeps-Wilderun-Within.Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:46 pm

I do feel strongly that Alien Weaponry would likely get their own announcement...
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:46 pm

MuzakMaker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:33 pm

Yes, but this was specifically about the FIRST time a country was represented on board
    I think that just adds to the point that Oz has been represented before.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:35 pm
    Ukraine - Ignea, (Jinjer would be cool too but they are ruled out)
    After the crap with Vektor, I can't see Andy doing anything remotely controversial. So I wouldn't count on a Ukrainian announcement, at least, not this year.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:07 pm

toby wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:46 pm

And it guarantees that Be'lakor will NOT be announced in the following trifecta. I think Andy's messing with my head and will announce it as the 60th band
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:35 pm

Myrath, Chthonic and Sur Austru (haven't had a romanian band, right?) please.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:39 pm

mooyagi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:35 pm Myrath, Chthonic and Sur Austru (haven't had a romanian band, right?) please.
    So Tunisia (definitely a chance), Taiwan (would be a nice surprise) and Romania (definitely none so far!).

All entirely possible!

Saw-but-didnt-see Myrath at Sabaton Open Air last year. They were the band RIGHT before Sabaton and playing on the second stage. So I wanted to get front of stage for Sabaton and sorta 'missed' Myrath.

I mean I could hear them clearly and sorta JUST see them, but didn't get to experience the full show. Certainly sounded amazing though!
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:39 pm
    mooyagi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:35 pm Myrath, Chthonic and Sur Austru (haven't had a romanian band, right?) please.
    So Tunisia (definitely a chance), Taiwan (would be a nice surprise) and Romania (definitely none so far!).

All entirely possible!
    Does French Polynesia count for France in Andy's mind? Because we need Te Ruki also.
  • eddie_beast
    Oiler

by eddie_beast » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:42 pm

The Hu could be an option, right?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:44 pm

eddie_beast wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:42 pm The Hu could be an option, right?
    Mongolia? ABSOLUTELY possible.

Think French Polynesia would count as a separate country to France too so a chance.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:04 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:07 pm

And it guarantees that Be'lakor will NOT be announced in the following trifecta. I think Andy's messing with my head and will announce it as the 60th band
    I know it would make a lot of us happy. Seems to be one of those band that always is on lots of wish lists.
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Feuerschwanz/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:21 pm

toby wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:04 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:07 pm
    I know it would make a lot of us happy. Seems to be one of those band that always is on lots of wish lists.
    I would love so much to be wrong, but I don’t think the low cabin sales and high cost of travel from Australia make this a likely year for us to finally see Be’lakor. It would be like $13k in flights along for the whole band to come over.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:26 pm

Downvod wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:21 pm I would love so much to be wrong, but I don’t think the low cabin sales and high cost of travel from Australia make this a likely year for us to finally see Be’lakor. It would be like $13k in flights along for the whole band to come over.
    I think they would need to be a 'we're doing a US (or south american) tour conveniently around the time of 70K' band. They are doing a lot of Euro fests this year but nothing US that I know of.

Which makes me wonder out of curiosity - I wonder how that works for an Australian band? They are doing 5 festivals in Europe at the start of August. Does one festival pay for their flights and the others just are 'lucky'? Does the band pay for the flights out of their appearance fee for all the festivals? I guess I'll never know :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:31 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:26 pmWhich makes me wonder out of curiosity - I wonder how that works for an Australian band? They are doing 5 festivals in Europe at the start of August. Does one festival pay for their flights and the others just are 'lucky'? Does the band pay for the flights out of their appearance fee for all the festivals? I guess I'll never know :P
    Those five appearances, including Brutal Assault where I am finally catching them, are super tight. Like, every other day or so
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:41 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:26 pm
    Downvod wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:21 pm I would love so much to be wrong, but I don’t think the low cabin sales and high cost of travel from Australia make this a likely year for us to finally see Be’lakor. It would be like $13k in flights along for the whole band to come over.
    I think they would need to be a 'we're doing a US (or south american) tour conveniently around the time of 70K' band. They are doing a lot of Euro fests this year but nothing US that I know of.

Which makes me wonder out of curiosity - I wonder how that works for an Australian band? They are doing 5 festivals in Europe at the start of August. Does one festival pay for their flights and the others just are 'lucky'? Does the band pay for the flights out of their appearance fee for all the festivals? I guess I'll never know :P
    I would assume the band is paying their fare and the festivals are splitting the costs through guarantees/appearance fees.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:35 pm

I just saw that THE HU have over ONE MILLION spotify listeners.

That is waaaaay too big for a 'three pack' announcement band :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:06 pm

I could go for:
    Bouq (Jordan) - black/death metal, similar to Behemoth
    Riverwood (Egypt) - progressive/Middle Eastern folk metal
    Cidesphere (Turkey) - melodic death metal from Turkey, similar to At the Gates
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • MuzakMaker
    Chief Petty Officer

by MuzakMaker » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:41 pm

And I was saying it's irrelevant to the point at hand.

It's just as useful as saying, well it can't be Tankard because we had Kreator on in 2018.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Another Triple Delight To Bring Us To 59

by Andy » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:40 am

And now we have three bands representing three different genres of metal from three different countries where we never had Artists from before. Please welcome:

NUCLEAR from Chile

SIGHT OF EMPTINESS from Costa Rica

and

SKILTRON from Argentina

onbroad Round 11 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! With such a diverse range of music from bands representing so many different nations and cultures onbroad we are proud to be global citizens welcoming you to the United Nations of Heavy Metal at Sea once again.

Sailors, we can't tell you how "H"yped up we are and how much we look forward to seeing all of you at the Terminal on January 30th for the ultimate Heavy Metal vacation! The clock is ticking... you don't want to be left stranded shoreside when we depart for our journey, so make sure to reserve your spot now while they still remain!

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Another Triple Delight To Bring Us To 59

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:07 am

Heard *of* Skiltron but not listened to them. Haven't heard of the others.

H for the 60th - will it be the last? If so it would have to be fairly 'big' and I can't think of anything that fits the bill.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:19 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:07 am Heard *of* Skiltron but not listened to them. Haven't heard of the others.

H for the 60th - will it be the last? If so it would have to be fairly 'big' and I can't think of anything that fits the bill.
    H.A.T.E. or Helloween? Haken (ugh)? Hammerfall?
  • progsteph
    Crewman

by progsteph » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:29 am

Guess I was hoping too big for Alien weaponry or myrath…
    Now „H“ can’t be helloween unfortunately they are on tour.
    Also no Blind Guardian which I was really thinking because they have a new album and haven’t been on since 2015 (while kamelot was 3 times now).
    Final name needs to be big and surprise name also ;)
    2017 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2020 survivor

Wishlist: Avatarium/Blind Guardian/Behemoth/Dimmu Borgir/Dream Theater/In Flames/Lacuna Coil/Machine Head/Oceans of Slumber/Paradise Lost/Savatage/Slayer/Stratovarius/Vanden Plas/Vuur/Zeal&Ardor
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:01 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:07 am Heard *of* Skiltron but not listened to them. Haven't heard of the others.

The last 2 cruises has the 60th band in a 3 pack. We know 2020 had 2 more announcements, but 2019 did not. Might be a big name, but also might not. Who knows?

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:13 am

This is a pretty solid late in the game triple announcement... If I were going I'd check out all 3 at least once.

Nuclear are total Slayer worship. Nothing more needs to be said

Sight Of Emptiness sound really solid, I'm not fully sold on the vocals, but they're not a total turn off, and they seem like they could be a great live band

Skiltron is a bit too powermetal vocally for the bagpipe heavy folkish vibe I hear in it (for my tastes), BUT still I'm inspired to want to see it live
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • eddie_beast
    Oiler

by eddie_beast » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:14 am

Skiltron is great Folk Metal with bagpipes that's always a party onboard, actually they are now radicated in UK. The Last one should be The Halo Effect 😁
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:28 am

My money would be on that "H" being either Havok or Heathen

My money would also be on #60 not being the last band

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:20 am

Skiltron, fuck yeah!

Filled the bagpipes quota, thank you Skipper!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:23 am

Hypocrisy, finally?

Skiltron should be fun. Will need to check out the other two.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:48 am

mooyagi wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:23 am Hypocrisy, finally?

Skiltron should be fun. Will need to check out the other two.
    Maybe. Hypocrisy are playing a fest in Denmark on the 4th. So it does leave enough time to get there.

Haven't seen Skiltron in 13 years. It should be a lot of fun.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:06 am

Ravenlord wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:28 am My money would be on that "H" being either Havok or Heathen

My money would also be on #60 not being the last band
    Agreed on 61 or 62 bands. Havok would be awesome but they were on in 2020 and Andy appears to be applying the back to back rule for the 2020 bands.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:25 am

I feel like, after Decrepit Earth had to drop, there will only be 60 or 61 bands. Unless Wintersun is bored and down to play again or something.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:31 am

MuzakMaker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:41 pm

And I was saying it's irrelevant to the point at hand.

It's just as useful as saying, well it can't be Tankard because we had Kreator on in 2018.
    If there was doubt as to where the first was from, it just shows that there was at least 1 other is all I'm saying.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:45 am

Andy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:40 am And now we have three bands representing three different genres of metal from three different countries where we never had Artists from before. Please welcome:

NUCLEAR from Chile

SIGHT OF EMPTINESS from Costa Rica

and

SKILTRON from Argentina

onbroad Round 11 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! With such a diverse range of music from bands representing so many different nations and cultures onbroad we are proud to be global citizens welcoming you to the United Nations of Heavy Metal at Sea once again.

Sailors, we can't tell you how "H"yped up we are and how much we look forward to seeing all of you at the Terminal on January 30th for the ultimate Heavy Metal vacation! The clock is ticking... you don't want to be left stranded shoreside when we depart for our journey, so make sure to reserve your spot now while they still remain!

Meh. Nothing worth my attention...

Let's get the H (probably Heidevolk, but I want Hamferd or Hangman's Chair) and the BONUS band!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:19 pm

HOLY MOSES could be a likely H.

Cruise veterans and they are set to retire after this current tour.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:50 pm

Really hoping "H" is Hypocrisy. All of these 3-pack announcements give me a "pay to play" vibe... anyways, let's make this last announcement worth it.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

You Will Not Be Found Wanting

by Andy » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:01 pm

Let's give a warm welcome to HYPOCRISY as the United Nations of Heavy Metal at Sea is getting ready to take over the Freedom of The Seas in just a few days time to celebrate Round 11 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

And there you have it, Sailors! 60 bands from a multitude of Nations will perform 120+ live concerts at Sea and enjoy The Ultimate Heavy Metal vacation that knows no boundaries with you. Are you ready for the best week of the year? My team and I can't wait to welcome you onbroad from wherever you are and see your wide eyed grins as you cross the gangway to the headbanger's floating paradise!

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: You Will Not Be Found Wanting

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:05 pm

"H"uge finish!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 1299 posts