Post Reply 174 posts
70K 2023 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

70K 2023 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by cegr80 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:27 pm

Let's open this thread for our meet n' greet next year on the Freedom Of The Seas.

As usual, let's select a place on the boat to meet, forum stickers, etc....
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 70K 2023 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:22 pm

Definitely keen as long as i'm there. And lets face it. We all know the drill. Unless its cancelled, I'M THERE.

:lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:51 pm

Good thought. I was just thinking about this, too.

We should probably have it right before muster drill, as we've done before, and I think the location, near the basketball/sports court, worked pretty well. We could also have it on the helipad at the very front of the ship. I think it's accessed via stairs from Deck 4, but it seems like EVERYONE has their meet'n'greet there. :lol:

HOWEVER.... We probably won't have a set time for muster drill like we've had in the past because with the pandemic, cruise lines have been allowed to switch to "show up at your muster station at your leisure, watch a brief safety demonstration, and get checked in." Sometimes you can't get your first drink until the system shows you've checked in. :shock:

It's an awesome new process, but it complicates timing.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:43 am

I'm in for a M&G.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:54 pm

I'm usually kinda shy, only met 1 or 2 here

but this time i'm up for the M&G :beerbang:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:35 pm

Mr.Kito wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:54 pm I'm usually kinda shy, only met 1 or 2 here

YAAAAAY!

Don't worry about being shy mate :) Believe it or not, in real life I am incredibly introverted too, but the forum family are an incredibly welcoming and awesome group of people.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:35 pm ....but the forum family are an incredibly welcoming and awesome group of people.
    Well, some of us are :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:35 pm
    Mr.Kito wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:54 pm I'm usually kinda shy, only met 1 or 2 here

YAAAAAY!

Don't worry about being shy mate :) Believe it or not, in real life I am incredibly introverted too, but the forum family are an incredibly welcoming and awesome group of people.
    Thaaanks :D

Let's do it :deathhorns:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:49 pm

Pellaz wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:51 pm...and I think the location, near the basketball/sports court, worked pretty well
    Yeah, I remember that was a more isolated place to meet, with no chance to buy drinks nearby.

If memory serves me right, I have been in the following locations for meet n greet:
    - Basketball court 2018 (no drinks available nearby - bars closed prior to muster drill)
    - Schooner Bar 2019 (drinks available)
    - Viking Crown 2020 (no drinks available nearby - all closed prior to muster drill)
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:15 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:49 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:51 pm...and I think the location, near the basketball/sports court, worked pretty well
    Yeah, I remember that was a more isolated place to meet, with no chance to buy drinks nearby.

If memory serves me right, I have been in the following locations for meet n greet:
    - Basketball court 2018 (no drinks available nearby - bars closed prior to muster drill)

It will be interesting to see if the bars close for muster this year, given the COVID changes to the muster process.
    I, for one, would welcome a chance NOT to go to the lifeboat deck and swelter in the heat next year.
    - Schooner Bar 2019 (drinks available)

Unfortunately, the Schooner Bar area was so crowded it was hard to get a group together (or find each-other).
    - Viking Crown 2020 (no drinks available nearby - all closed prior to muster drill)
    Problem with that is....it's kinda hard to find. :lol: (You have to take ONE particular elevator to get to it, as I recall.)
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:04 am

Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:15 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:49 pm - Viking Crown 2020 (no drinks available nearby - all closed prior to muster drill)
    Problem with that is....it's kinda hard to find. :lol: (You have to take ONE particular elevator to get to it, as I recall.)
    Yeah, aft elevators, IIRC. It was easy for me to find because that was where they did karaoke on the last couple MORCs we went on.
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:43 pm

toby wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:04 am
    Pellaz wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:15 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:49 pm - Viking Crown 2020 (no drinks available nearby - all closed prior to muster drill)
    Yeah, aft elevators, IIRC. It was easy for me to find because that was where they did karaoke on the last couple MORCs we went on.
    And even more specifically, only certain of the aft elevators actually go all the way up to the Viking Crown.
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:07 pm

Soo ... now that we are starting to be more active, let's choose the meeting place.

Options:

Basketball Court
    Schooner Bar
    Viking Crown
    Helipad

Still open for more suggestions!
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:51 pm

I'm definitely in for the Schooner since we'll probably be there anyway. lol But I'm fine with Viking Crown too.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:20 pm

Playmakers. I feel like it has better gathering space as the Schooner can get kind of annoying when it's busy.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:57 pm

cegr80 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:07 pm Soo ... now that we are starting to be more active, let's choose the meeting place.

Options:

Basketball Court
    Schooner Bar
    Viking Crown
    Helipad

Still open for more suggestions!
    Add Playmakers Bar as an option.

I'm not taking an official stance on this yet, though. :twisted:
    2025 Wishlist:
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:30 am

mooyagi wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:20 pm Playmakers. I feel like it has better gathering space as the Schooner can get kind of annoying when it's busy.
    I don't disagree. We usually try to board in the earliest group and head there first to grab a spot. Then just buy a bucket of SNPA or something. lol
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:21 pm

Basketball Court
    Schooner Bar
    Viking Crown
    Helipad
    Playmakers Bar

I vote for Playmakers Bar - just for the sake of changing it every year :P
  • Kvltraven
    Oiler

by Kvltraven » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:08 pm

Pellaz wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:51 pm Good thought. I was just thinking about this, too.

We should probably have it right before muster drill, as we've done before, and I think the location, near the basketball/sports court, worked pretty well.
    Off topic and I apologize....but I heard there is a soccer/futsal court on the ship. Is that true? (Sorry to divert the topic but it was something I had heard.)
    2023 Survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:14 pm

Kvltraven wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:08 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:51 pm Good thought. I was just thinking about this, too.

We should probably have it right before muster drill, as we've done before, and I think the location, near the basketball/sports court, worked pretty well.
    Off topic and I apologize....but I heard there is a soccer/futsal court on the ship. Is that true? (Sorry to divert the topic but it was something I had heard.)
    Not really. There's an all encompassing "sports court" that's mostly set up for basketball for our cruises.

• Kvltraven
    Oiler

by Kvltraven » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:43 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:14 pm
    Kvltraven wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:08 pm

Not really. There's an all encompassing "sports court" that's mostly set up for basketball for our cruises.

This is what I kinda envisioned. I thought it would be fun to play whilst a band blew it up on stage in the background. Could have been a cool experience to remember. That's why I wanted to ask. Thanks.
    2023 Survivor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:54 pm

@mooyagi & @toby, can I assume you are voting for Playmakers?
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:40 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:54 pm @mooyagi & @toby, can I assume you are voting for Playmakers?
    Yes, I'd be cool with Playmakers. Not sure how they're going to do muster this round, but the schlep from Viking Crown was a bit of a haul.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:05 pm

cegr80 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:54 pm @mooyagi & @toby, can I assume you are voting for Playmakers?
    Yup! It's my favorite bar on the ship so I'll probably be there anyways :lol:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:23 am

toby wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:40 pm
    Yes, I'd be cool with Playmakers. Not sure how they're going to do muster this round, but the schlep from Viking Crown was a bit of a haul.
    They SHOULD simply ask people to go to their muster station at their leisure and check in, watch a crew-member demonstrate the life-jackets, and that is hopefully it. That's how it's being done currently.
    2025 Wishlist:
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:34 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:23 am
    toby wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:40 pm
    They SHOULD simply ask people to go to their muster station at their leisure and check in, watch a crew-member demonstrate the life-jackets, and that is hopefully it. That's how it's being done currently.
    Yeah, I hope that's how they do it, so we can get it out the way early and just enjoy BOAT. But I guess we won't know for sure until closer to sail.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:26 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:23 amThey SHOULD simply ask people to go to their muster station at their leisure and check in, watch a crew-member demonstrate the life-jackets, and that is hopefully it. That's how it's being done currently.
    Explain this to me. How does it work? what happens if you do not show up?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:33 pm

cegr80 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:26 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:23 amThey SHOULD simply ask people to go to their muster station at their leisure and check in, watch a crew-member demonstrate the life-jackets, and that is hopefully it. That's how it's being done currently.
    Explain this to me. How does it work? what happens if you do not show up?
    You are force-fed Sorrento's until your stomach bursts
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:11 pm

"What happens if a guest doesn't complete the muster? The guest will be contacted by a ship officer and asked to complete the safety drill. If they do not comply, they will be asked to disembark the ship."
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:00 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:33 pmYou are force-fed Sorrento's until your stomach bursts
    As long as I have my Foster's with me, I'm game! :givebeer:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:00 pm

If no one else is voting, then I think Playmakers should be the place to meet.

Let's talk about stickers. Let's get a new design, ideas are welcome!
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:40 pm

cegr80 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:00 pm If no one else is voting, then I think Playmakers should be the place to meet.
    Make it so.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:18 pm

Here's my design proposal:

toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:06 am

I like it!
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:53 am

I will be there, with my raccoon badge on!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:04 pm

And now, I'm trying to find pieces to make a Thrash Panda costume.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:05 pm

Monday January 30th, 2023
    2:30pm at Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade (Deck 4 Forward)
    3:00pm group photo

Attendee list by forum username:

cegr80
    slayerGeek
    toby

Attendee list by rank:

0 Captain
    0 Commander
    0 Lieutenant
    0 Sub-Lieutenants
    1 Ensign
    1 Midshipman
    0 Chief Petty Officers
    1 Petty Officer
    0 Crewmen
    0 Oiler
    0 Wiper

3 forum users so far are planning on attending
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:47 pm

If I am able to attend the cruise I would like to go to the meet n greet I enjoyed the last one in 2020 with everyone .
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:27 pm

I will try to make an appearance. Those badges are fantastic.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:29 pm

I will be there in spirit!

Or more to the point. At home. Drowning my sorrows. IN spirits.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 174 posts